Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
fickle

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:06 pm Reply with quote        
BubbleTrouble wrote:
> How old were you when you learned about sex?
> How old do you think children should be to learn about sex?
> Do you think that a child should be told by their parent of the same gender about it?
> Do you think children should just be taught sex in school?
> Anything you wish to add for this topic.[/color]

i was way too young when i learned about it. animal planet lol smh.

9-13 seems like an appropriate age to me, kids go through puberty at that age.

yes, i think it makes things less awkward for the kid. it'll still be awkward lol, but less so.

yes, not every parent talks to their children about sex. i would even suggest it's more comfortable to learn about it in school than with the parents, so kids are more open to listening. maybe.

and anything i want to add, yes, i think it's a good idea to teach kids in elementary school the good touch bad touch. this would save a lot of people a lot of pain and suffering. sometimes kids experiment and thats whatever, theyre just curious, but when it comes to adults touching them in inappropriate ways, they dont know that theyre being molested until way after it happened.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
> How old were you when you learned about sex?

Not sure, it was probably from animal planet or something. I was young, but I probably didn't entirely understand what happened exactly.

> How old do you think children should be to learn about sex?

I'd definitely agree that it should be around the age of puberty, because kids deserve to understand what's going on with them and what the purpose of all these changes that are happening to their bodies are for.

> Do you think that a child should be told by their parent of the same gender about it?

While that might make things a little less awkward, I think whichever parent is more capable and more comfortable with explaining should do so. For instance, just because a son and father are the same gender, doesn't mean the father should explain if the mother could do a better job.

> Do you think children should just be taught sex in school?

I think the school system's sex education should be better, at least where I live in America. They didn't teach us about safe sex, or birth control, or even really how to have sex. They taught us the biological components of the female and male bodies, and they taught us about STD's. From 6th grade through 12th grade, those are the only subjects they taught. They didn't even do that thing where they teach you how to put a condom on a banana or whatever. To this day, I couldn't demonstrate how to do that if you asked. I also couldn't really explain much about sex other than the guy puts his you-know-what in the girl's you-know-where and there's a bit of humping involved. I know there's more, but I was never taught by anyone what goes on. But thank goodness I can tell you what the Fallopian tubes do. Also, at one point they showed the entire high school an incredibly disturbing slideshow of pictures of STD's and basically were saying 'If you have sex this can happen to you'. It was mandatory. I didn't need to see that shit. They also didn't teach anything about sexual orientations or how there's more types of relationships than a cis-heterosexual couple. They didn't say a word about how sometimes you can be a guy attracted to both girls and guys. Or how you could be a girl attracted to absolutely nobody regardless of their gender. And they most definitely didn't say a word about how you can be a gender other than what you were born as. I can only presume their thought process was along the lines of 'If we don't talk about it, maybe none of them will turn out that way'. It took me until after I was done with high school to realize that I'm somewhere on the asexual spectrum, simply because nobody ever talked about sexualities other than hetero.

So in short, yes, I think schools should talk about sex, and I definitely think they should do a better job of explaining it and the different aspects that go into it.