Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Transcendence

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote        
I have a phobia of needles.

I am afraid of hieghts and public speaking, but not like I am afraid of needles. You know, the kind you get shots with. Oh lord I shake horribly and cry every time I have to get a vaccination. I nearly run out the door.

Now with my line of work, I am getting better at being with needles. I am going to school to be a vet tech so that means that I have to draw blood and give shots to animals. So i have spent a lot of time around needles. Let me tell you practicing drawing blood isnt any fun when you are scared of the teacher and the needle you are working with. Dont ask me why I am afraid of the teacher he just intimidates me.

Anyways, you might say then why did you get into this profession. well, because I love animals and I want to help them any way that I can.

The upside to this whole having to work with needles is that I get to be up close and personal with them and that helps with my phobia. I mean you would think that not having myself be stabbed would help but it doesnt. Just the sight of one used to make me squirm. Now I am a little better. With time I think that I wont shake much at all.

The best thing of all is that I dont have to worry about getting a blood born disease from an animal so if I stab myself with a needle it wont mean that I will get Aids or something. WHich really helps with my phobia as well.

I will admit that while working with needles wont ever be my favorite part of working at a vets office i think that with time my phobia will be nnearly gone all because of my exposure in this way. haha trust me I have poked myself with horse blood syringe before.

Talk here about your own phobias and feel free to comment on my silly life and my crazy phobia.

Of course I think in a way I will always feel like running out the door when I must get a shot. No matter how little I am afraid of needles. I still dont want them in me. I hate worrying about the impending possible pain. My mind blows everything out of proportion in a way that when its over I am always like thats it? Yeah my mind is a scary thing, but even still I feel that horrible terror.

I am looking for art for my character. I will be willing to pay.

On gaia I am xxtaintedlips - I dont go on there much though.
azavena
Pixel Artist
Pixel Artist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quote        
I have a phobia from butterflies x-x I really really hate them xD I do not knoe why, but I always think that it can kill me!
Every time that I see one I run and when it realize something big moving, feel curious and wanna know "what the hell" is running! So I fell so much panic when meet one ._.

Transcendence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quote        
aw haha. well yeah ... I must say that I never thought of butterflies as scary, but I guess they could be.

newdivision

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote        
My biggest phobia is mold, whenever I see it or any kind of fungus I shriek and start shaking. It just freaks me out, and also I'm a clean freak so seeing dirty, gross things creep me out. Sometimes I am also afraid of heights, because I have a habit of imagining the fall down. Lips are Zipped We went to this castle in Spain on a top balcony with no guardrails and I stayed very close to the edge because I was scared I would fall down. I kept calling my sisters to stay with me too.

Shop at my store!:
http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?p=144435#144435
Transcendence

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah I am also very afraid of heights.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote        
I actually enjoy shots. o-0 I think it's an adrenaline rush or something on my part.

It's not a phobia but I think I have anxiety issues. If I'm in a crowd of people walking toward me, I can't look at their faces. If I look up from the ground I freeze like a deer in the headlights (eyes wide, mouth agape) and can't speak. I can barely even respond with shakes of the head. If left there long enough I start crying.

I'm afraid of the dentist because our last one left bruises all over my brother's arms, legs, stomach, back, and neck. I haven't been to one in years.

I'm afraid of men because I lived with/was around drunken and abusive (verbally and physically) men before. Now if I'm around a group of mostly men I freeze up and can't look up from the ground without crying. I also have the same problem with certain male teachers of mine. If some of them even innocently call on me in class I can't look at them directly. I just don't trust them much at all, really.

I'm also afraid of jumping a fence. ^^; Once again I think that's because of a childhood memory of mine when my mom's boyfriend was getting violent. He chased us through the house and into the back yard and my mom jumped the fence and told me to hurry and she'd help me down, but I froze up in fear. She ended up dragging me over the fence herself and I forget everything from there.

Transcendence

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quote        
wow chu that is horrible. I can see why you do have some fears. They are quite justified.

Lux-Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote        
I dislike Cats, and I have a Phobia for any flying insect!

"It has to do with a bizarre concept called democracy, in which ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens." Nom Anchor, somewhere in the NJO Books...
nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quote        
V.V I have a phobia of Hospitals.
I don't know why but whenever I am in a hospital I have panick attacks. >>I mean they only are there to help but its like They are out to get us almost telling us "Your going to die" Or "Your really sick" It is just so...
sooooo
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Creepy *eeks* T^T its the
worst phobia
too have I know but
its like its just there T-T
Thoth Star

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quote        
I'm scared of germs... *suffers from super bad OCD//* </3
nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:01 pm Reply with quote        
:O Germs R super scary especially W/ Swine Flue going around
<---Can tottally understand Lips are Zipped
Missa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quote        
Bees/wasps/hornets. Ironically enough, my name means "honeybee" in Greek. Even if I see one that's far away from me, I freak out and have to go inside because I worry it will go by me. DX

I've been stung four times.

I'm so cute and fluffy, you just can't resist clicking me!
DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quote        
I dislike creeping such as Earwigsor aquatic insects : it's not a phobia since I don't flee when I see one, I just feel like killing it right away by any mean.

But I guess I have a parasite phobia, I really can't stand the thought of having parasites and if there was some sort of sick larva under my skin like the kind you can get on tropical beaches, I think I could try to cut it out with needles or a knife if I had to Duh
And I also fear the thought of growing old and weak (yeah, 19 y-o and afraid of growing old, d'uh...) and when I see actors that were once handsome getting old (best example: Harison Ford, oh no! TT__TT) it just disturbs me so much I could boycott those actors' next movie or TV show only to make sure I won't face the fact time obviously passed. .___.'''

Iregyura

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:41 pm Reply with quote        
Not exactly a phobia (I don't know if you'd consider it one) but yes, hospitals and IVs. Sigh. I can't even remember why. I just get this creepy-crawly feeling whenever entering a hospitals...
Oh. I think I remember...
It was one time that there was some accident or something or something, but I got hurt...That's all I remember? It hurt a lot though...and that there was lots of blood...And that I probably needed to got to the hospital (Except that I was probably like, "No; I want to go home." Or something like that, because the guy (that used to smoke, if you remember him Laugh) carried me there (yes, I was stubborn, don't ask why).
And so...Yes they attached me to a IV. I guess that's when I freaked out. But not really after that Happy So now they're like, "Oh hospital," or "Hey look a IV," I'm pretty much like Gasp...So yup. In the end I had to thank my friend or else I would have had a lot of blood loss...Hahah...
PookaRose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:20 pm Reply with quote        
I have a phobia of most bugs, except for butterflys and moths. Though Spiders and Cockroaches are the worst!

It doesn't help that I live down in the south after moving here from Chicago. My first Summer here I learned that everything is bigger in Texas when I opened the door to my bathroom and right on the wall at eye level was a cockroach as big as the palm of my HAND. I ran not only out of the bathroom but out of the apartment screaming bloody murder. Not coming back in until my boyfriend assured me that it was good and dead. What makes it worse is that I have heard some of them can also fly....and I just want nothing to do with those.

My stranger of phobias is this one I have with my feet...I have this really bad fear of stepping wrong and just randomly breaking my foot some how. I think about it constantly and I just cannot fathom trying to do a lot of things that people like to do. I think this comes from having broken my foot in the past along with many ankle sprains in the past.