Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:31 am Reply with quote        
So Monday is my birthday, and my mom wants to get me a camera next weekend. Since my friend that’s good with that stuff is angry with me right now, I have no one to turn to for suggestions. XD

Does anyone suggest a digital camera for me to get? I'd like a nice one, considering it's the only thing I want, so don't worry too much about price. Suggesting brands would be the best. ^_^

juniper_silver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote        
I have no clue personally, but here's a website that recommends a camera based on your needs:
http://www.bestinclass.com/digital-cameras

It say's that they're unbiased. I don't know if that's 100% true, but they do recommend some different brands for different features, so it's at least partially true.
Iiwi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote        
Canon makes the best digital cameras, followed by Nikon. If price isn't really a concern, I'd recommend getting a digital SLR like the Canon Rebel or Nikon D40 (which have both gone WAY down in price since they were introduced).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:01 pm Reply with quote        
I've been pointed toward Canon more than once. ^^ Thanks, guys.

MANGO.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quote        
Nikon i think is a good brand for cameras.It`s all upto you in the end though.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote        
A lot of people do like that brand. I'm either leaning toward Nikon or Canon; most likely the ladder though.

Hiroku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quote        
I need to buy a camera cause I need to get one for a college class I wanna take.

Embrace the depression
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote        
What is that, Hiro?

Hiroku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote        

Photo. . .

Olympus Evolt E-520

Embrace the depression
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quote        
I know of a nice one, but I don't know the name ._.

I'll ask my brother next time I see him, he likes that sort of stuff xD

::Shop::
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:04 am Reply with quote        
Alright, I chose a Nikon camera... I forget the numbers and everything. XD

Hiroku

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:08 pm Reply with quote        
I looked around a bunch and the price and the quality seems to be the best that I am willing to pay. . . XD

Embrace the depression
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quote        
That's exactly what I thought.

Crazy_Gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quote        
If you get to go and get it yourself.

What i would look and see how far it zooms and if it zooms pretty good does it get blurry or stay clear still.

Also check to see if it has a on and off flash and night vision. I didnt look for that so at night if you flash its to bright and you cant see the picture but without it you cant see cus its dark.

Also once you get one you will want to buy a memory card for it cus your camera can only hold like 2-5 pictures on it and a memory card can hold more i usually buy a 1 gig and it hold for my camera like 500 but mines alot a camera that takes huge pics lol
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:06 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I like having compact cameras that are easy to use; I don't like dealing with a lot of settings just to get a decent picture.

Oh, my old camera took such nice-sized pictures. ^^; Whenever my friend and I took pictures with her camera I always had to scale them because they're so huge.