Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quote        
I take it back Dirge of Ceberus is the only FPS I can stand but I could stand any game that I dislike for Vincent Valantine *swoons*

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:58 pm Reply with quote        
Don't ruin it for me. I haven't played it yet, and storylines are the most important part of the gameplay to me.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:05 pm Reply with quote        
Ummm Its based around the FF7 character Vincent Valantine everyone knows at least that much *Swoons over Vincent some more*

dreamer676

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quote        
lmao Vincent valentine is pretty awesome and was about half the reason I bought it too actually. Though I also bought it on the hopes that Reno would turn up XD

Art done by Crow Happy
Alyssia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:54 pm Reply with quote        
I consider myself a casual gamer at best. I tend to stick to the hand held kind though. I do play the Wii and PS2 from time to time and that wasn't a typo...I do mean thee PS2.

Either way even though I've got a PSP, I'm a Nintendo Chick all the way. I grew up with a Game Boy, so they beat Sony to the punch.
I have to say that I love the new Golden Sun game.....its been a long seven year wait, but it was well worth it. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is so hard for me to put down.

I typically play RPG's, but I've also brought things like Ninja Town, which is a fun sort of tower defense game. I also like Harvest Moon, and a few fashion oriented games as well. I don't normally venture out into other games too often though. I do like fighting games though!

On the PSP I've got Persona and I'll play things like it on there as well as RPG's, and rhythm games too. Every now and again I'll get something cute like Animal Crossing, or something like Princess Debut for a light break from the more demanding RPG's I've got.
dreamer676

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote        
I've heard nothing but compliments for persona. What's it like?

I tried harvest moon, the DS version and couldn't get on with it. :C
Illusion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote        
dreamer676 wrote:
It doesn't really matter whether that be now and again or all the time XD
But what do you play? Do you stick to a specific genre and, the big question, what is your favorate game and on what console was it released?

Damn me and my curiosity Happy

I play a lot of different games.
I enjoy:
puzzle games: Tetris, Catherine,
fighters: Street Fighter, Tekken
rpgs: Shinmegami Tensei series, Pokemon
action: Monster Hunter, Phantasy Star/Portable
platformers: Kirby, Donkey Kong Country series, Super Mario Bros

My favorite game currently is drum roll please:
*dumdadumdadumdadumdumdadum*
MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE! =D on PSP

I really REALLY want portable 3rd to be released in the US but I don't think that will happen until the PSvita is released in the US which is apparently rumored for spring now versus the end of this year... *cry*

My girl friend and I already have our PSvita's paid off, we just want our damn systems already! TAT;;;

OH ANNNND WE BOTH HAVE:
PS3
Wii
pspGO
Nintendo 3DS
Xbox 360 (her only)
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:37 am Reply with quote        
I liked Catherine for the ten minutes that I played it, but I was playing the Japanese version on a friend's PS3. Yeah... four years of Japanese doesn't help you worth shit in a video game... What?!

Love Street Fighter, love Tekken. I've played beat-em-ups and RPGs more than anything else, probably.

I really wanna get into Sinmegami Tensei, and who hasn't played Pokemon? XD

Yeah I suck at platformers let's not get into that failure. XD

God, I haven't been a serious gamer in years. Recently I finished Fable II and III though, and it was gorgeous. The story was shit to a snob like me, but whatever. I had fun while I played it.

Wait... Do you not play any shooters? o_o I don't, cuz girls suck at shooters LAWLS. But really, the only shooter that I enjoy is Left 4 Dead because zombies. <3 I need moar aliens though - I've loved aliens since age four, haha.

Oh, and although a lot of people would argue that it's not a game, The Sims 3. <3

I own a PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, and a Nintendo DS.

Illusion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:53 am Reply with quote        
I really loved Catherine as well, however my girl friend and I both agreed that we thought the story was pretty lame. I wont tell you how it ends or anything but the whole gist of the story was basically EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET MARRIED OR THEY'RE NOT COMMITTED AND EVIL AND SHOULD DIE LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!! *stabs it down your throat sort of thing* Ahem.

Oh yeah, I know I forgot some titles to mention but those were the ones I thought of right off hand.

I love me some Kirby games like SO MUCH! Kirby's Deamland was the very first game I had beaten all by myself when I was like 6 so I become obsessive over the games. Oh and the fact that it was the first game my mom also bought for me for our Nintendo probably helped that factor too. ^^

I've never played Fable, those are on xbox only right? :0 I was watching a friend play II I think once, maybe it was the first one but I don't remember.

Yeah I'm not really a fan of shooters, not because I suck, I just don't like the first person view in video games. I also noticed I get motion sickness from FP games. =\ I prefer the 3rd person view like in Resident Evil series. I love playing RE5 with my girl friend, especially Mercenaries. x3;;; I have been contemplating Dead Island though, it looks really neat from what I've seen however I don't know if my head can handle it. xD;;; Oh and speaking of Zombies, since those are zombie games, I've played Dead Rising 2 as well, we're looking forward to DR2: off the record in October I think it was as well. <3

I think The Sims count. <333
I mean because I'm playing Nintendogs +cats, what does that say about sim games right...?

OH AND I FORGOT ABOUT ANIMAL CROSSING I LOVE ME SOME AC!!! xDDDD;; Ahem. ^^;;
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:04 am Reply with quote        
Oh wow, I probably wouldn't be interested then. :/ I can let the story go for amazing graphics or gameplay sometimes, but I dunno. I'll read reviews.

Aw man, I remember playing dreamland. Usually I'd just watch my cousin play it though. That and Super Mario World - watching people play them, haha.

Yeah, the first is on the xbox and the others are on the 360. I got into the series too late to catch the first one though.

Aw man, Resident Evil. That's when I fell in love with video games, and zombies, haha. I'm contemplating Dead Island as well, although I'm not a fan of Dead Rising in the first place.

I love Nintendogs. <3 I got that game when it first came out and I still go back to it.

Yes, of course!! I've played all of the Animal Crossing Games but City Folk wasn't that great to me. It was fun but it didn't feel very different from Wild World, which was really disappointing. Wild World was a major upgrade from Population Growing which is why I loved it so much.

I can't believe I forgot Animal Crossing. :<

Illusion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:32 am Reply with quote        
Hmm, yeah the game is fun and some of the "bosses" are crazy, but the story really annoyed the both of us actually, which I find interesting. Because even though my girl friend and I enjoy a lot of the same games together we're not 100% on the same level at all times.

I loved playing that, Super Mario 3, Mario 2(aka Doki Doki panic), Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country (which I believe I mentioned already), Sonic (kind of falls in this category).

Ah, when I say xbox I usually just mean Microsoft in general whether it's the 360 or the first version of the xbox. ^^; So most likely if that's the case then my friend was playing the second one then. *nods*

I've watched my girl friend play through various RE titles I'm glad that we get to play through RE5 together though, even if it meant buying a copy as well. Dx

I haven't officially played the first one so I can't tell you if it's better than the first one appeared but in the second one you could make combo weapons which made it a whole lot of fun. We went around for about a year just killing off the guy's daughter just so we could run around the game doing what we really wanted to do instead of the actual story. In fact we had the game since it released but didn't complete the story until like maybe 2 weeks ago. XD;

I never got the first Nintendogs. The one for the 3DS though is pretty good. We're anticipating our 20 free games in September! owo I love taking pictures of my puppies. xD;; Oh and the cats in the game, really lame, you can't really do anything with them so it kind of sucks. =\

Yeah I know right!? I honestly think that they made the animals in City Folk dumb or something, they kept talking about the same things instead of changing what they were saying to you. =\ That disappointed me about that version. I did love ACWW, but I gave my up after I lost my last favorite animal friend.. ;o;

I think mentioning The Sims made me think of Animal Crossing, cuz it's kind of a simulator game. xD; Kind of...
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 am Reply with quote        
I tend to mainly like RPGs and RTS games...
Examples, games I'm looking forward to; Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Diablo III, Final Fantasy 13-2, Dark Souls.

My two favourite games at the minute though are Civilisation V, and Supreme Commander 2...

I like thinking games really, I did use to enjoy FPS games but I mainly played CoD, but then the community got overtaken by a load of people going;

"OMFG U N00B Y U MISS WE LOSE CUZ OF U"

JOLLY COOPERATION!
dreamer676

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:59 am Reply with quote        
illusion and chu; I was actually kind of dissappointed that it was just loads of puzzles. I'm sure it's really good, but I don't tend to like puzzle games because I know that later in the game I'll be like O.O I can't do this!!!
I love sims too, I have sims medieval and am planning on getting the expansion at the end of this month.

kupsy; I'm totally looking forward to syrim Happy Kind of looking forward to guild wars 2 as well.

I'm not so much of a fan of RTS, I just never got into them and I'm not too good at them either.

lol FPS are not things I really got into either. Except borderlands I liked that game Smile

Art done by Crow Happy
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:45 am Reply with quote        
Ooooh I loved borderlands, me and my brother completed it on co-op ^^
I was way better than him though... :P
May play it again sometime, though I didn't enjoy it as much on my own...

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Illusion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote        
I knew that Catherine was a puzzle game because my girlfriend had told me and we had also played the demo. We managed to get part of Babel unlocked too, so it's some more co-op play. It can get really hard because you can't let either player die. xD;;

I think games are always much more enjoyable when you've got someone else to play with! ^^

And I do like puzzle games, I'm not always the best at them but I still like them. Oh and I thought of another genre of game, tower defense, I like those ones too like Crystal Defenders, I have that on my pspGO, but I suck so bad at it. XD;;;
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next