Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 289, 290, 291, 292  Next
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote        
I've recently developed a facial tick. They started sending out dorm/room mate assignment e-mails a few hours ago and I still don't have mine. Plus, the city of Boston as of this year says anyone under 20 has to live on-campus, but my school was primarily off-campus living. They just built a new dorm tower, but they still had to lease another school's entire dorm building, several apartment blocks, and even then are telling some to find an apartment elsewhere. I'm seriously worried. They said they'd send assignments weeks ago, but got really far behind, so we've all been waiting for ages and some people aren't getting any messages, so we're all freaking out and I feel like I need to rip something to pieces.
Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote        
Is there expected to be a shortage of dorms? That might be why it took so long.

My Freshman year they accepted too many students. Some two-person dorms suddenly became three-person with last minute changes (and boy, did that not work out well for those students). There were also students that got put up in hotels for months waiting for other students to drop out and free up a dorm slot. The hotel students had their own upper class man Hall Monitor and everything.

Hopefully you get your assignment soon though!

Also, what's the logic of Boston passing that law about under 20 students living in dorms?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:21 am Reply with quote        
Haven't had a chance to post this here, so forgive my interruption. But we're currently traveling across the US, headed to Yellowstone. If you're between Georgia and Wyoming, let me know cause we'll likely be passing by~ we're in Oklahoma today.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:48 am Reply with quote        
-flies to you- I wanna live in that area :U

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote        
Ah, nope,, northeast here.

Update on my dorming:

I did get my e-mail finally, and was stuck in a building half a mile through the city away from the rest of the school. It didn't have a dining hall, so every time I wanted food, I'd have to trek that half-mile. Thanks to health issues, I wouldn't be able to do that. So I talked to housing and they transferred me to a building in the middle of the 'campus'. Some of my classes will be in my building, and the dining hall is right next door. The building is also double-haunted. The whole building is haunted by the victims of a fire that destroyed the hotel that used to be there back in the mid-1900's. The 6th floor specifically is haunted by the victims of the Boston Strangler, a man who killed several young women by strangling them with their nylons in the early 60's. The building is 150 Massachusetts Avenue in Boston, in case anyone wants to look it up.
Freshie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote        
I miss you Boston! :o
I don't miss the hauntings though. xD
*Massachusetts girl*

Hello! I'm sorry for my absence. I'm hoping to get internet for myself before the end of the year. Everything on my side is going normal. Nothing major happening, just day by day stuff. Works going good, got a small raise so woot, but hours staying the same. Plan on getting anther job for when my winter hours kick in.
I hope you all are doing well. :3

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:53 am Reply with quote        
Ah, a fellow Massachusettian! I'm from western Mass, though. Born in Springfield, lived in Southampton, but traveled a lot. As in, 7 houses in different places by the time I was 10. Right now I live in northeastern Pennsylvania, in the mountains in the woods. Seriously, here's a google earth image of where my house is:

All that green is trees and deer.

I wound up taking a medical deferment for a year because it turns out I am nowhere near ready for college, so I'm home. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go read in the Storybook about what happened last year. Damn lasting side effects...Could be years before I'm back to 'normal'. Ah well. It's been just over a year since I'd started chemo, and about half a year since my port was taken out. Funny how something that went on for only 2 months can affect a person for years or more.
Freshie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote        
Was born in Milford, Mass. Grew up south of Worcester, Mass where it was nothing but houses and schools. I now live in Oregon. :3

Poor dear, I hope you'll be alright <3

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote        
I know where you live now. There's nothing stopping me from driving up to where you live and knocking on your door now. :v

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote        
Go right ahead. :P I could do with some visitors, Cat. 'Sides, you don't know exactly where I live, just the general area. Unless you matched up my screenshot with google maps. XD My dogs would go bonkers if you even drove by the house, let alone knocked or rang the doorbell.
fickle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote        
Oh Mai people can just google place pond pa :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote        
Actually, most of what comes up is 'Long Pond' for whatever reason. Place isn't one of the more well-known ponds or lakes around here. People tend to go to the bigger ones for fishing.

Also, since I live in a gated community, you wouldn't be allowed in. :P
fickle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:17 am Reply with quote        
i had no trouble finding it when i googled it though. i live in canada, even if i wanted to make your dog go bonkers, i wouldnt be able to. but yeah, it was easy for me.

thats interesting, thats gotta have it's benefits when it comes to trouble from the outside.

on a side note, i was born in philly. wasnt raised there though. im not a city person, though i do like the luxury of having all the grocery stores i like close to me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:29 am Reply with quote        
That's it then, stalk me like a creeper. XD

It really is~ People can only get in if they have an activated gate card or have been called in by a resident. Or if they walk through the woods to get here. Neutral

Yeah, in all my travels, I've lived in one major city for an extended time (Seoul, the capital of South Korea), a handful of actual towns, gated communities, middle-of-nowheres...I don't like how everything is at least half an hour away by car here. Because there's no businesses inside a gated community, combined with winding roads through woods/mountains. So the nearest gas station is a Turkey Hill maybe 15 minutes if you're lucky and fast. The 'local' high school is over half an hour away, and it's impossible to walk/bike to. EVERYONE must take a motor vehicle to get to it. The nearest major town is between half an hour and an hour, depending on traffic. They have a high school in an actual town. Like, you can just walk across the street to a Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donuts, and Baskin Robbins. My high school had a tiny general store where you could get sandwiches halfway down the mountain, so almost 15 minutes. By car.

Edit: By the way, has anyone heard of the 'Cop Killer' who ambushed a couple of State Troopers and killed one of them and injured the other? Yeah, he's still at large and is hiding out in the woods in my area. Fun times. The attack happened September 14th. And the dude's still hiding out in the woods. Seriously, just search 'PA State Trooper Shooting'. This is all relatively near my house.
fickle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote        
whoa, south korea, thats crazy.

wow, i actually lived in a pretty similar situation, except not in a gated community. it was in upstate ny in a small town called woodridge, we had to travel 10 minutes by car to the nearest gas station, the nearest grocery store was walmart that was 20 minutes away, we did at least have an IGA that was walking distance about a mile away there and back. my high school was about 5 miles away, but gosh it picked up kids from a lot of neighboring towns. the little bus wasnt reserved for kids with special needs, it took my bus driver over 45 minutes to complete her route, we had to stop for another small bus that picked up kids that were farther away. i think my senor class had 64 people, including me. all of this is in the catskill mountains so theres also a lot of hills and winding roads, no side walks even unless it's on a towns main road. we would see occasional black bears roaming. and every single summer, hasidic jews would come up from brooklyn to camp. we had a celebrity bum, the only bum in that area for a 10 mile radius lol. he is honorably mentioned in an urbandictionary entry along with the jews, which were nice people, but they drive as if they were in the streets of NYC, very badly. gavin degraw actually went to my high school.

ive never heard of that, thats wild! it's been over a month, i dont like the idea of a murderer running around loose, but hopefully he's not in your area anymore? Dx
i got freaked out when i watched the poughkeepsie tapes cos that's just an hour away, but a quarter of the way through it, i realized it was a mockumentary and everything was OK.