Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Have you read Twilight?
Yes, and I love it!
18%
 18%  [ 10 ]
Yes, but it was okay...
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Yes, but I didn't like it at all!
25%
 25%  [ 14 ]
Nope.. haven't read it yet
36%
 36%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 55

Merelia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quote        
So I feel like I'm the only one missing out on reading that book. And now that a movie is coming out, everyone is going Twilight crazy.

So I decided to ask those of you whom had read it (or not) to state your opinion on the book. Afterall, everyone critiques a book differently, and some might not be as fond of it as others are.

What do you think of the book?

P.S. No spoilers! D<

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:41 pm Reply with quote        
Wow, so I'm not alone?! omg, I feel, wow ^^
I haven't read the book either, and from a lot of the things I've heard~
I'm not sure I'll ever want to ._.

I've even gone on to read some spoilers and things...and it all just feels like a big joke, from what a heck of a bunch of people have said, I'm surprised anyone's read the whole series of it lol
and the ones that do like the book...I haven't found all too many that have really had good reasons as to why they like the book either...

I mostly read something like "so and so is so hot" or something along those lines and I'm just like...
"Oook, and what else makes this a good story? Why would you recommend this to someone?"

*sigh* yeah, I don't think I have anything else to say.

I think I may just skip over the book and see the movie. Or, maybe just not read or see the movie...
*shrugs* Or maybe look into it more lol
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quote        
Wow. -_- It's not a very good book. I mean, it satisfied the horny teenage girl in me, but as far as the book itself goes; it's cliché and poorly written. It's basically the typical spin-off of Romeo and Juliet; vampire style. The characters and plotline are unoriginal and the last book even skips through different POV's.

But if you're curious and have time to waste, go ahead and read it. Or watch the movie. I can't say that either of you would like it, but hey. That's just my biased opinion.

kiroro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:25 pm Reply with quote        
Wait wait what?
lol what do you mean it "satisfied the horny teenage girl" in you?

I've also heard that, the unoriginal-ness of it ._.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote        
XD I mean that the average teenage girl that would get a crush on the characters is still in me, and she enjoyed them. She may not have been a crazed Edward fan, but she did enjoy it on an aesthetic level.

Overall though I definitely don’t recommend it. >.>;

You want a good movie/book? Try Candide.

“I am, I admit, extremely fond of the potato.”

Merelia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quote        
I too heard about the crazy fangirls squeeing over Edward. I even have a close friend that states she has a huge crush on him, and that she feels she's back to the Backstreet Boys teen obsession that she once felt. Honestly, I find it quite amusing to watch every girl go nuts, and yet, I find it odd that that is ALL I hear about the book.

All I keep hearing is that it is a vampire romance, and that the main male character is OMGTOTALLYHOTIMLOVE type. But for me, I need more of an actual story to reel me into a book, rather than a male lead to swoon over.

Thanks for your opinion Chu. At least I finally found someone not for it. XD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quote        
I agree. D: Edward actually annoys me a bit. But I won't go into it.

And the opinions of people just really depend on the age group. If you're asking a bunch of teenage girls, then you're going to get "OMGHESSOHOT!!" xP

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
Wow. -_- It's not a very good book. I mean, it satisfied the horny teenage girl in me, but as far as the book itself goes; it's cliché and poorly written. It's basically the typical spin-off of Romeo and Juliet; vampire style. The characters and plotline are unoriginal and the last book even skips through different POV's.

But if you're curious and have time to waste, go ahead and read it. Or watch the movie. I can't say that either of you would like it, but hey. That's just my biased opinion.

I agree, I used to love it, but before the 4th came out, I read someone making fun of it by summarizing it, and I realized how crappy of a book it was xP
No real plot, she does someone just so her fans love the book in the 4th ( not telling so I won't spoil), and it's just really a snore. Bella is posed as a perfect character, but the whole 'clumsy' part of her is to make it 'so we connect with the character' -.-

::Shop::
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quote        
@Demon: Oh, I know. She's a total idiot to me. D:

About half way through reading the second one, I snapped out of my fangirl-ness and realized that it's not good. xP

Azel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote        
I haven't read Twilight, and I have no interest in doing so. I've just heard too many bad things about it from people whose opinions I respect... so no Twilight for me!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:13 pm Reply with quote        
Good choice, Azel!

XD Our English teacher actually banned it from our reading logs. We have this thing where we read a book every six weeks and write at least twelve pages on it, and he says that if you read a book in the series then he's just throwing it out.

Elyd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quote        
Hahaha... good judgment on the teacher's part, though I can think of a lot more besides Twilight that should probably be disallowed.

Not that I'm in favor of banning books, but some things just shouldn't be read academically.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
I agree. D: Edward actually annoys me a bit. But I won't go into it.

And the opinions of people just really depend on the age group. If you're asking a bunch of teenage girls, then you're going to get "OMGHESSOHOT!!" xP

Haha, actually, the people I've been asking are in their mid 20's. So I don't think it necessarily goes with teenage girls. XP I've still gotten "ZOMGHOTNESS!" replies from the 20 year olds. XD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:47 pm Reply with quote        
@Azel: XD True, but then again there are A LOT of other things. With that type of list we'd only be able to read old literature; most of which would be translated so much that there isn't even similar context to the original and then a lot of those would SILL be banned.

@Mere: D; What?

I'm sorry, but with the way I look up to adults, that just saddens me. If a twenty year old wants to read that type of thing why not just read Romeo and Juliet? It's the “original version” so to speak and MUCH better.

Merelia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:51 pm Reply with quote        
I see your point. Which is one of the reasons why I haven't turned to the book in the first place, upon hearing of it's teenage romance hotness. I'm into the more adult-like readings. >_>