Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Wugmeister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:42 pm Reply with quote        
I'm currently taking an "Intro to programming java" class. I've taken two classes in high school about it so i figured i'd do well in the class and i'd get an A to boost my GPA.
WRONGGGGGGGGGGG.
Apparently we have LABS to go along with the classes. You partner up with someone and complete an assignment in two hours. Last lab we had the assigment we got was to create a clickable, draggable ruler. It should be able to resize and when double clicked, the outline/boundary was supposed to disppear and if it didn't have its outline you shouldn't be able to resize it. Needless to say we didn't finish it in two hours and we got a 40 on the lab. BUT that was an extension! O: So we spent 4 more hours finishing up the freakin' thing DX<
So today. We had to creat a ROT-13 decoder (A=0,B=1,C=2 orignally and when coded, A=13,B=14,C=15). We had some trouble and instead of submitting it for the TA's to grade, we had to submit it to some online thing. And we got a crapload of points taken off for it. FOR DUMB REASONGS TOO.
"The first sentance should end with a period. MINUS 1 POINT"
"Line 4 was indented wrong. MINUS 1 POINT"
" '=' did not have a space in front of it. MINUS 1 POINT"
" '=' did not have a space after it. MINUS 1 POINT"
D:!
i got a freakin' zero on my lab! I would've gotten the same grade if i had SKIPPED and not done anything! DX<SRSLY>:U

Discuss: stupid homework assignments and such
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quote        
D: That's what I thought would happen to me by continuing two honors classes this year. Haha, WRONG. It all depends on the teacher; my advanced World Civ. class is easier than my Chemistry class because of the teachers. >.>;

But yeah, that teacher sounds like a hard ass. .__.

Wugmeister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quote        
it wasn't the teacher it was the freakin' program we had to submit it to D:
it does all the point deduction crap automatically
Though the teacher goes over stuff in class and then just assumes you know how to do everything. We have TA's in charge of our labs ._.
these labs are killing my grade.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:52 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, that really sucks then. .__. It would really bother me to have such a... "laissez faire" teacher. Does he/she offer extra credit?

Wugmeister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quote        
i dunno lol D:
i don't think so
Kira Bella

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:51 am Reply with quote        
Extra credit should always be offered. I mean, no one should be able to get an A without doing at least one crappy little piece of extra credit.

Or school sucks. Period.

Not sure what to Quest

Anyone Miss Me? <3
sychobunny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote        
EWW. Thats not fun at all Wuggy. Sad
17th

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote        
That's pretty jacked up! Would they go easy on you if you'd never had the class before?
juniper_silver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote        
That sounds really intense and unfair. Maybe since the computer graded it, you could talk to the teacher/TA and see if you can get some points back. The things the computer graded off for were simple grammar mistakes it sounds like? And it's pretty obvious that you deserve more points than someone who didn't even try.