Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Twinklestar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:13 am Reply with quote        
LOL, what is your favorite genre?

Guivre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:06 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, I'm really big into Kdrama, but that's mostly because that's what I can watch without having cable.

The last series I watched was probably Seoul 1946, though I've watched some single episodes of lighter shows.

I am not a HUGE fan of the historical dramas, though. Fans of the historical Kdramas are all elitist because, theyre watching history man, not a silly romance! But I counter with, look at all the funny hats! You don't see funny hats in the contemporary dramas ... (And don't give me a lecture on the funny hats, I do grasp how important hats were in Korean past times. They still are funny.)

The last full contemporary drama I watched was probably the Infamous Chil Sisters AKA Famous Princesses. It was awesome, but kind of trickled off into a comedic, happy ending. That was a show that could have shed a few eppies, as opposed to poor Seoul 1946 which was cancelled, probably because people just kept getting enraged about it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:46 am Reply with quote        
I like romantic comedies that are recent. I don't really watch anything if it came out before 2007.

I prefer JDrama but that's the least important factor.

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Twinklestar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quote        
I'll pretty much watch any one that was done during any time XD
I was watching Lovely Complex the other night. and that was just hilarious
XD

I really need to start watching more XD
i've taken a break from watching them i guess.
lol

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:48 am Reply with quote        
I just can't deal with cheezy sets and lighting and stuff that tends to come with older dramas. New technology is <3 for me. xD

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Akiou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote        
Hmm I like some dramas, but lately I can't get into them. Sad

I love The Snow Queen, My Lovely Kim Sam Soon, Nodame Cantabile, and the japanese HYD(can't seem to get into the korean one, maybe the story is just too overplayed for me).

And then there was this one korean movie I really liked, called 200 lbs. Beauty I think. I feel a little ashamed that I liked it, since it was a horrible image for females(a fat girl got full body surgery just to be with the guy she liked, omg) but I did like it for some reason.
Midori

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:04 am Reply with quote        
There have only been a few dramas I have gotten into but mostly all of them where based by comic stories.

Goong,Hana Yori Dango (korean and japanese version), Hana Kimi(taiwan,japanese),mei-chan no shitsuji and more but I can't remember.
Reiyuka

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quote        
With me it's actually about the opposite. XD I've only seen a couple of drama's that were based on manga, and usually go out of my way to look for "original" ones. I mean, I don't mind if it's based on manga, but usually I'll just prefer reading the manga.
Carpe Diem

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote        

Crunchyroll took down a ton of dramas which makes me sad. I used to watch on that site because they hve fairly decent quality dramas. Not to mention I don't have to load tons of pages just to watch one episode in 10 minute increments. Now I have to watch it on mysoju and other sites. Not as good but at least i get my asian drama fix.

My favorite genre of asian dramas is Hong Kong drama or mainland china dramas. Taiwanese dramas are so..i dunno...the acting is horrible, the effects are lame, and they are way too dramatic. They are mostly popular because of the idols in them. I also like Japanese and Korean dramas.

Fallain

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote        
I haven't watched any actual asian drama shows...all i've really seen are those crazy Japanese game shows and read a few manga like LIFE.

I do love the Japanese drama movie 2LDK though. It's fantastic, if you haven't seen it yet, you should.

now.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote        
I'll make sure to watch it if I find it, then, Fallain. ^^ I've never actually seen those crazy game shows, though.... and I kinda don't plan on it. I don't think it'll make me think highly of the Japanese. XD

Gah, I know what you mean, Carpe Diem! I used to watch drama on Crunchy all the time, aswell, but there's just no helping it I guess. I have yet to find another website for drama-watching, except mysoju, of course. I miss having so many shows on one website, though. T-T

Fallain

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote        
@Reiyuka: Well don't worry, 2LDK isn't a crazy game show, it's a highly dramatic movie about 2 crazy Japanese girls. I saw it and I was calling everyone I knew telling them to come over and watch it as soon as it was over.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quote        

@Reiyuka~I've looked at some other websites but it seems mysoju is the best choice after crunchyroll. I dislike having to click on so many pages for each episode but it can't be helped. My sister bought me a bunch of series when she went to China last summer so they keep me busy for a while.

Nikki

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:53 pm Reply with quote        

Back when I could freely download whatever I pleased, I was watching a Korean series called "My Name Is Kim Sam Soon", it's a pretty awesomely cute Cooking-Romance story. Since I haven't seen it in forever, I can't really give a good summary of it.

But I do recommend ya'll to watch it. :3 It's pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote        
I love Asian dramas ;_; But I haven't watched one in a long time. The first one that I watched was Lavender (a Taiwanese drama, very, very, very sad DSmile And ooh, I watched It Started With a Kiss, too. I wanted to watch the Japanese drama Last Friends but it kind of got spoiled for me and I was kind of afraid to watch it because I knew what happened and I didn't really want to cry XD Sweat