Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:33 am Reply with quote        
Cyn slid over in the seat away from Gunnar and looked at the table while twiddling her thumbs. He didn't seem to be reacting too well to the news, but at least it was better than she expected. What she expected was for him to flip the table over and point his gun at her then start screaming. Well, maybe not, but she couldn't help worrying.

"Yeah, me. And Gunnar I really can't tell what you're thinking. Earlier, I had tried prying your mind because you felt so familiar.. and honestly I tried hard, but All I could get was your name. So, unless you mind is litterally screaming something, then I won't know what you're thinking. And really, honestly, I don't find it to be very cool. Think about it this way.. You can't tell anyone because you're afraid that they are going to turn on you. You can't have friends because you know every thought they are thinking and half the time they don't have very nice thoughts about me. And lastly, knowing what your parents thoughts are.. well, it's painful when you look into their mind and you can see everything except their love for you." She finished, and looked back at him. Thinking about these sort of things seemed to break her shell. Break her heart. Her eyes filled with tears, and she managed to push all of them back except one single drop that traveled down her cheek. The salt in her tear stung her burn on her cheek.

A huge weight seemed to be lifted off her shoulders, now that she had finally been able to say something to someone. Since she was finally able to trust someone. It was confusing though how she could trust one of the only people she couldn't read the mind of. It had happened a couple times before but it wasn't a very often sort of thing.

With a deep breath it was time to get back to buisness and feelings had to be pushed aside.

"Yes, I think I know how to find him."
She told him the story of what happened when she was out and had slipped into the mad-man's dreams.

"So, I think if maybe I went to sleep and tried to sleep into his dreams, that I could find something out." She finished, and shrugged. "I'm not sure though. Also though, I think he would also have to be asleep, so we probably will have to wait a little bit until nighttime and catch him when he is sleeping."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:51 pm Reply with quote        
Xaneth had already started to eat before she had said anything. He hadnt even realized his true hunger until he saw the food. His stomach ached and growled so loud that someone across the room looked up. "Thank you soo much. This is so tasty." He just continued eating for a good five minutes.

"So who was the last lord/tyrant you worked for?" He hadnt been aware of many of the wars that went on around therefore he had no idea who had done what. It was a good thing to pay attention to the wars and who was involved, lest you make enemies with the wrong people.

He chugged his honey dew beer. Then he leaned further back in the booth and waited for Ina to respond to his questions.
Inamorata

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
Inara linked her fingers around the cup, leaning her elbows on the table and taking a moment to think, her expression serious, but distant, as if the question had pulled her to another place far away from the tavern.

The last 'war' she'd been involved in was a civil war, a revolution, of sorts. It had been one of the hardest jobs she'd ever taken, taxing all of her strengths to their utmost, from magical to physical. It had been emotionally one of the hardest years of her life. She'd lost alot, and not all of her wounds were tangible or healed.

She'd been called in to meet the leader of a rebellious sect in the Ranthellian Isles, a group of islands in the eastern seas which were constantly under states of cold war and turmoil, known for having bad blood in their governing systems. They'd twice tried and failed to assert a democratic parliament, having subsided to the tyranny of one of the many crazy 'kings' that crop up. The rebellion had, after years of scirmishing around the borders and by sea under the guise of pirates, with the help of the then King Arcturus' abuse of his subjects, amassed enough of an army that they could nolonger hide. They'd decided to move, and they had a leader who'd instilled almost fanatical allegiance in them, a man who's charisma had won him more battles with the furious, stubbourn people than any leader of either faction had before. Under his firm hand, the disparate outcroppings of rebellious factions solidified into a cohesive whole - with an information network to rival that of the one on the mainland, and extending out of the Isles themselves - which was how she was found and hired.

Her impression, upon meeting the charismatic leader, had been...violent. Her reactions to him had always been violent: Violently angry, violently passionate, violently possessive. He'd brought out parts of her she'd long since buried, teaching her not to fear her emotions. As the thoughts assaulted her, she shuddered and snapped herself back - she couldn't afford to go back there, not yet.

"The last job I took was with the Rebellion in the Ranthellian Isles. I fought in their war, and helped set the Parliament in place, taking out their king-of-the-month Arcturus. They've since managed to hold their positions, unifying the Ranthell people." She didn't feel the need to add that the man who currently presided over the parliament was not the same man who had led them to victory - and given his life in the cause. Sucking a breath in sharply, she added quietly "It was one of the bloodiest battles I have ever been in." So many lives had been lost, so many lives had been taken by her. In silence, she lifted her tankard to her lips and drank, her eyes sad and her soul weary. She was barely thirty, and she felt already as though she had lived far too long.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:40 pm Reply with quote        
Gunnar felt a little relieved and surprised when he learned Cyn could not read every thoughts he had, but he quickly came to feel sorry for the young woman when she explained how much of a burden this gift was after all. A poisoned gift in a way… He was doing good ignoring people’s judgment about his look and nature, but he knew it would be very hard to do as well if he had to stand hearing other people’s thoughts all the time and realize the persons you care about do not feel the same toward you. The reptile remained silent but could not help but feel pained to see one single tear rolling on Cyn’s face.

Yet quickly enough she moved on to another problem and explained all what happened when she was unconscious in addition of her plan to find their enemy.

“Are you sure about that? I mean I don’t mind waiting ‘til nighttime and catching this sucker in his sleep, but last time you “connected to him mentally” it wasn’t all fun and games for anyone: we really thought we were going to lose you at some point… Or at least that you suffered some serious brain damage or something. This Arthil girl seemed to help you break out of it; but if we try again don’t expect me to do some mind trick on you like she did… I don’t think plain using you as bait worth it.”

He answered, frowning as he recalled seeing Cyn thrashing and mumbling as she was still unconscious: what if the dark mage could find a way to trap her in this kind of dream realm or do her any kind of psychic harm?

Gunnar, RP character from the Tavern:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7963/dessingunnar.jpg

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
http://tricksters-webs.over-blog.com/
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quote        
Cyn thought about what Gunnar said. What if he was right? She didn't want that mad-man running around, but she also didn't want to die or something. But, what if this Arthil girl could get her out again when things got bad?

"Then what do you think we should, do? I don't know if we have any other options." she said resignedly.

It was true, there probably weren't any other options. Maybe if she could just find something one hint or clue as to where he was they could all go out and start hunting for him. That was, if they wanted to. She didn't want to drag someone into something they didn't want to do.

It was worth a try. She closed her eyes and brought the image of the mad-man to her eyes. She strained her mind as she attempted to penitrate his. She never tried to penetrate the mind of someone who wasn't in the same room as her. Only one small image came to her mind as she thought. The image of a town Inn.

That must be where he was staying, she concluded. "Gunnar, I think it would be easier if I was asleep, but I just tried to enter his mind and I got the image of an Inn not to far from here. It's set in a town about 2 miles away. I don't know if it's worth it to go and look or not though... what if he knows when I am trying to enter his mind and sends me false images? I don't know what to do." she sighed, and looked at him sideways.

"Do you think that they have any ideas?" She directed her attention to the 2 girls at the other table who had helped save her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote        
Xaneth noted that it had taken her a little while to respond. "Did you not feel comfortable with the work that you did last time?" He knew that he probably shouldnt have asked but he still asked anyway. "Was there someone that you knew who died?" He could tell there was something wrong with what had happened in the last war.

He took a sip of his honey dew beer. It sent a lot of warmth through his body. It felt amazingly good. He couldnt beleive how much he still needed it.
Inamorata

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quote        
Ina's face tightened just a touch, the creases at the corners of her eyes tightening just the tiniest bit - an uncontrolled reaction to emotional pain bordering the physical. With an effort of pure will, she pushed the thoughts that welled up back into the cool, shifting boxes they'd been stored in, in her mind. Now was not the time, and publicly infront of her pupil was not the place.

"The work was bloody - but when your gifts lean more towards destruction than protection, as mine do, that is often the case. I have power, and with it comes the responsibility to apply it where it can be put to best use." side stepping the other question, she continued, in the professorial tone she'd learned to adopt when explaining magical things to those who had little knowledge of the arcane. "Often, when people discover they have talents like mine - those bent towards vivid displays of raw force and area of effect destruction - they bottle it up, trying to deny it, or try to bend it in ways that it was not meant to be bent, for tasks they are ill suited. This always, with out exception, backfires. I learned that lesson long ago - not to be afraid of what I am and what I can do. With that knowledge comes the understanding that I will kill, and what the price of that life is, is always different, always effecting me in different ways. Those who have power effect the fabric of nature, the flow of power of the world. My actions are often triggers for greater movements, and every life I take is a tragedy, all the more so, because there are too many to enumerate here." Very quietly, she added "I envy you your ability to heal and help, rather than destroy." her voice laden with the weight of someone who had long since accepted a truth they did not like.

Sighing, she carefully lifted herself from the chair and slid out from the table, leaving her half drunk ale on the table where she sat. "I think it's time for bed. I like to appreciate a good sleep when I can get it. Try not to stay up too late, you've had a long day and your body needs rest." smiling at him wanly, she stepped away from the table and headed up to her room, her robes billowing out a little around her, the corners twisting and dancing out towards the various candle flames, as if they wished to join them, the movement only just a hair more than her natural motions would cause the light fabric to move, as she slowly ascended the stairs, her mind and mody both acheing and raw.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:06 am Reply with quote        
Gunnar thought Cyn was about to give up once for all, she closed her eyes for a moment and seemed to concentrate intensely. He wondered what she was thinking about that would need so much of her attention until a thought stroke him: was she trying to establish a mental contact with their enemy after all?

As he was thinking it took her too long and as he was about to see if he could snap her out of this, she opened her eyes and revealed to him what she saw.

“I don’t know if they do; the easier way to find out is to ask them, but we’re better be making sure they want to go further and that they know about the possible dangers if they want to help in any way… As for the false images, I’m afraid there is only one way to find out if it is really a trap: I go there alone and I be really careful. After all this guy is my problem, I’m the one he’s after; no need to let him hurt even more people than he already did.”

Gunnar said, convinced facing the dark mage again was something he had to do alone.

((OOC: if you girls are still in for a rp, I guess you can join back ^^''))

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:02 am Reply with quote        
Kit stared over at the woman, Cyn, and the reptile. They appeared to be deep in conversation. She saw the two glance over at her and the very silent ice woman and figured they were talking about her. She smiled at them slightly, wary and unsure but trying to be friendly.

She hoped they didn't suspect her of anything. Maybe they thought that she helped the madman escape.

Kit bit her lip and she glanced around the tavern. Maybe he was still hiding, just hiding within all the patrons. Her eyes passed over the bathroom door and the kitchen door, situated next to one another.

"Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed.

She rushed over to the young woman and the reptile hurriedly. "I just had an idea! The madman might have slipped out through the kitchen! There must be a door back there to the outside. Chances are, while we were distracted with Cyn screaming, he woke up, peeked out the door, and left through the kitchen!" She gestured towards the two doors frantically.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quote        
As Gunnar finished speaking Cyn opened her mouth to reply as Kit came running over to them. She listened to what she had to say then turned to look at Gunnar for a response.

Cynful didn't want him to go alone. After what had happened back in the bathroom, things became personal. She wasn't about to watch Gunnar go off and hunt down the mad-man by himself. She wanted to tell him this, but didn't want to ignore Kit to tell him. So, she waited.

"That could be a possiblity..." she said consideringly and nodded. It could have been a possiblity, but she wasn't so sure. That mad-man could have easily used the black magic she had witnessed to poof himself out of there or something.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quote        
Xaneth sat there plety more confused than when he had started. Ina was walking up the steps when he realized that she was going to bed. "Good night Ma'am" He muttered. He realized once again how tired he was. He stood up and went over to the bar tender and asked for the key to a room. He left his pay on the counter when he got his key. He started climbing the steps and when he got to his room he opened the door. It was a quaint little place. There was a bed and a night stand, nothing more. He went over to the bed and fell onto it and passed out.
*glomp*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote        
Della bit her lower lip softly, hesitating at the door to the tavern, on hand keeping the old brown cloak around her body and head, the other on the door. She sighed, mentally yelling at herself to just open the door before she did just that. Her emerald eyes scanned around. Her red lips fell from the slight smile that she had, and she blinked softly. She couldn't see a reason why she had been so hesitant. She took a deep breath and walked in, letting her cloak swirl around her and the door shut close softly. Taking both hands, she tied the cloak together so it would stay, and her hands would be free.
"Why was I even worried?" Della questioned herself in an adorable voice, child-like in many ways, but not annoying in the least. She frowned slightly, nose wrinkling at the scent of beer and alcohol. Although she had expected this, the smell still disgusted her. She preferred water or the pleasant cup of tea every now and then. Shaking her head to dismiss the useless and fairly childish thoughts, she started walking, looking for a place to settle for a slight rest where no one would question her. At this thought, she tightened the string holding the cloak closed and took a deep breath, calming herself.

DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:51 am Reply with quote        
Kit joined them back in quite a hurry with an idea of what they could start with, something Cyn and Gunnar both considered. As the girl that has been taken hostage earlier admitted so, the Reptile rather thought out loud:

“’Sucks to admit, but anything is possible with the guy; especially since I don’t know the extent of his powers. He could be long gone; he could have left some wicked traps behind… There might be a was out in the kitchen as you said, Kit, and in that case the best is to check for any hint or clues before leaving for the Inn you mentioned, Cyn... That is if they let us in, but if the kitchen are guarded so well, the cooks will probably tell us right away if they saw an intruder coming in and getting out using their workplace. We may even find out which direction he took or anything that could be useful”

Gunnar looked at both young women, waiting for their aproval or advices.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:11 pm Reply with quote        
Cyn listened to Gunnar then nodded her head once he finished. "Right, so I guess we can go check the kitchen and then see what we end up with from there," she said. She thought bout Gunnar going by himself. She didn't want to see him do so. Infact, he wasn't going alone, she was going with him no matter what he said. Stubborn of her? Yes, probably.

"Ok, so let's see if we can find any information." She said and stood up. Cyn made her way across the tavern and towards the kitchen. She easily pushed open the door and held it while waiting for the others to follow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
Athilea pushed the door open and peeked around it to see if anyone was present. After a moment to examine the common room of the tavern, she pushed the door the rest of the way open and walked towards the bar. The woman was not certain what she would order, she wasn't even certain what was served here. What was obvious, though, was that she was very tired.

Her clothing was still covered with the dust of her travels, as was her hair and exposed skin. The weather had been unusually dry for the past few days. Vainly she brushed as some of the dirt that clung to her once white shirt before giving up. She would be lucky if she would be able to ever get the clothing clean again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next