Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote        
[OOC]
This first post is all Out Of Character [OOC], because I want to explain a few things.

There are OOC rules, but IC rules are basically non existent.
These rules are:
1. Obey all of Midorea's rules.
2. No godmodding or auto hitting in a fight. In fights, you can not dodge every hit.
3. ANYONE who talks bad about *action* RP will get the boot. *Action* RP was THE FIRST style online. Having the '*' does NOT make it illiterate. Illiterate is when ppl talk lik dis, or don't bother to correct grammar and spelling. Anyone who can BS through 4 paragraphs of "literate" RP can BS their way through 4 paragraphs of *Action* RP.
4. No chat or txt speak, or 1337 speak
5. RP in 3rd person
6. Double posting is only allowed if the thread has been inactive for 24 hours. Using mules to RP alone is not allowed, however you can use mules to RP if there is another person here.

First, this is a tavern like the ones in the yahoo chat rooms RPs of 4 to 5 years ago. This means the owner and most times the bartenders or other staff are Non-Player Characters, NPCs. So if you want a drink, and no other person is acting as a bartender, then you'd RP it something like this:
He walked up to the bar and ordered a beer. When the bartender gave it to him, he payed the man then went to find a seat.
OR like this:
He walked in, and seeing no one behind the bar, he went and helped himself.
Also, this means that the world the tavern is in is a weird blend of modern day, fantasy and science fiction.

Secondly, this thread is rather random, meaning you can RP any character you have here. Even if you RPied one character last night, today you can RP another character. As well, the flow of time is different in this thread. At least, different from what I'm used to. I'm used to threads following real time. This thread, will not. Time here will be slower, or faster, then real time, based on what our character's needs are at the time. So if 2 people are RPing and one has to leave, then they can either pause their RP, or just assume it finished and their characters left/went to bed.

Third, entrance posts are a must here, exit posts would be preferred as well, but not required.

The number of OC/RP characters you have does not matter. However, you may not play more then 2 at a time here.

How you RP isn't a huge issue with me. I use both styles, I also accept both styles here.
Style 1, the oldie but goodie:
*He walked into the bar and sat down.* Gimme a beer. *He told the bartender.*
Style 2, the newbie:
A six foot tall man, dressed all in black, walks in. He takes a moment to eye the other patrons before going to the bar and ordering a drink. After a moment, he decides to sit at the bar, his attention having been caught by an attractive woman. "Hello, miss."
Now, style 1 can be as descriptive as style 2.

I think this is all, I'll add more if need be,
[/OOC]

ava art by Raezarin // pixel art by heyy13
Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:36 pm Reply with quote        
The Tavern is like most every other tavern seen on the outskirts of a small town. On the outside it looks grimy, broken down. When you step inside, you see it looks pretty much the same. There are two floors, the first has a bar area, and an open common room with tables and chairs. In the back there is a fire place with a sofa and arm chairs. Behind the bar is a door leading to the kitchen. The second floor has the rooms. There are ten total, each with a bed, a desk and chair, a wardrobe and a bathroom.

Next to the entrance, is a bulletin board, posted up on it are wanted posters for various people, a menu, and a list of rules. The menu reads "What ever you find you can eat." and the list of rules reads "There are no rules."

Outside there is a path leading to town. If you follow this path, it splits about halfway between The Tavern and town, the offshoot leading to a lake. Behind the tavern is a forest, it's dense trees fading at the back, up into a mountain range.

Yaneci DeNovi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote        
Yaneci walked down the road, she'd been in town and hadn't found anything or anyone of interest to her. Coming around a bend in the path, she sees it forks. The main road leading up to and past what looks like a tavern. The offshoot leading down to a lake. On a whim, she heads to the lake.

Reaching it's shore, she sees a rock just right for sitting on and dangling ones feet into the water. Hiking her gown up, and using her belt to keep it in place, she sits on the rock, sliding forward until her feet come into contact with the chilly water.

Laying back, pillowing her head in her arms, Yaneci sighs. The weather has been unbearably hot the past week, and the cool water encasing her feet and ankles feels great. She closes her eyes, letting the relaxing sensation of water, breeze and nature sounds lull her into a doze.

Yare

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quote        
Name: Ae (said as the letter A)
Description: Average height; short brown hair in a ponytail and brown eyes; four arms, one pair below the other
Background: Ae was born with four arms and full control over all of them. Instead of feeling upset about it, she's happy at how useful they are and teases her friends about not having an extra pair of arms. Her shirts have to be custom-made, of course, but it hardly matters to her.

----------

Ae saw a tavern and headed over. She was feeling thirsty and had money to spare. She ordered a drink, sipped it, then got bored of sitting down.

She went out the back, and saw a lake. She walked over, drink in her upper right hand. When she got there, she saw someone else and waved with her lower right hand.

'Hey,' she said.

Almost Sisters
laniparis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote        
Although Lani was not underage, she was nervous to enter the tavern...

She stood at only five foot one, with a baby face, red curly hair, and a pixie like atmosphere about her...

Hesitantly, and reluctantly, she entered the bar, proving her thirst was greater than her restraint and anxiety...

The bartender gave her a "once over" as she approached him, he lifted an eyebrow in consideration, then thought better of it and asked her is she wanted a drink...

Lani let out a sigh of relief and ordered a water, because the bartender didn't serve pepsi, or elven dew...

She took her drink and sat at a lonely wooden table, which had a window that overlooked the glorious lake outside...

It was more instinct than motion that brought her to the lakeside, she noticed that others accompanied her and she shyly greeted them with a wave...
Yare

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:09 pm Reply with quote        
Ae waved back with her lower left hand. 'Hello.'

Almost Sisters
laniparis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quote        
"Hi there, how are things...???" Lani asked politely as she approached the others...

The breeze smelt delicious with the scent of the lake, moss laden stones and the grassy field...

She smiled shyly at her acquaintances...
Yare

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote        
'Nothing really,' Ae said. 'I was thirsty and stopped off here. You?'

Almost Sisters
laniparis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:03 pm Reply with quote        
"It might seem a little odd, but I feel like fate might have brought me here," Lani replied, unsure how her new acquaintances would approach this statement, but knowing that it was the truth she eased her worries a little...
Yare

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:04 pm Reply with quote        
Ae shrugged. 'I don't believe in it,' she said. 'I never saw any reason for mysticism. Still, it's nice you're here.'

Almost Sisters
laniparis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quote        
Lani shrugged, "It's okay, sometimes I can be a bit mysterious, but you'll come to expected the unexpected with me."

She grinned, politely.
Yare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:20 am Reply with quote        
'Oh, mysterious I don't mind,' Ae said. 'That's normal. Mysticism is different.'

Almost Sisters
laniparis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:01 am Reply with quote        
Lani smiled sweetly as she considered this. "You're right" She Agreed.

She found a nice place of grass and sat down, and absently waved her hand through the blades, while she looked at the lake.

"Isn't this just glorious...???"

I was Goosed
Yare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote        
Ae smiled. 'It is,' she said. She took a sip of her drink.

Almost Sisters
laniparis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote        
"I could stay here forever..." Lani added wistfully.

She also took a sip of her drink and enjoyed the refreshing icy taste of the water.

I was Goosed