Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote        
So, last night around midnight, my mom took off with my little sister and my cell phone to the hospital because she was having trouble breathing. I stayed up until four thirty waiting for a call or something, eventually fell asleep, and didn't even get up for school. Strike one; they've been watching my attendance.

When I finally get into contact with someone (she had turned my cell phone off and I had no idea where she was) I found out that the people didn't know what to do, so they took her to another hospital by ambulance this morning. Strike two; that's always a bad sign.

I was taken to the hospital that she was at this afternoon by my aunt, who explained that she could only breathe out of one lung, and because her white blood cell count isn't right, and she has asthma, she can't fight off the bacterial infection. They have her on oxygen and are constantly watching her, but there's nothing they can do. Strike three; my little sister is in the ICU.

To make things worse, they described a horrid scene to me that won't quit running through my head. She wouldn't take the IV, so they had my mom sit on top of her to hold her down, and she was screaming, in hysterics "Mommy! You said no needles! You said no needles!!"

My mom replied "I didn't know that, Rissa. But you have to take it or you'll die."

"Just let me die then!!" Strike four; no one wants their little sister saying that, even if she is overreacting.

I go into the secluded room, because whatever she has is contagious, and see MY dad, not hers, because he’s a deadweight man that doesn’t DESERVE to see his daughter, sitting in one of the chairs. Strike four point five; he has to have a very long and serious discussion with me.

I learn that they had not given her any type of food since early this morning, and she was sitting there starving in bed while they could have given her something. Strike five; that’s just ridiculous.

Because this thing is contagious, I may come down with it, as well as my mom, brother, and aunt. My aunt and brother have asthma, and my mom and I may have it as well. So, if we do get this, we may be thrown into the hospital too because having asthma prevents your immune system from fighting it off. Strike six; that’s just not good at all.

Since my sister won’t let my mom leave her side, and my brother is staying with my grandma, I’ll be home alone for the next two to three days. Strike seven; I freak out when I’m alone, especially at night.

I think I’ve taken my fair share of stress today. -.- I’m going to take a nice hot bath to calm myself down and get back on later. But, so this isn’t a COMPLETE waste of time, I’ll make a discussion out of it.

What generally stresses you out?
What do you do to calm down?
Have you been to the ICU recently? People there are really rude. >.>;
Do you have a relative with asthma? Does it affect their daily life?
I HATE HOSPITALS. I cry every time I enter one; how do you feel about them?
Anything else relating to my wonderful day.

sychobunny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote        
I've been quite stressed recently, but most of it is lack of sleep, a million things to do and such, no family crisis things. D:
@))~`~ I hope she gets better!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote        
I just got a call from my mom and she FINALLY slept, after a few days. Now my mom's trying to get some sleep.

Lack of sleep usually just worsens my stress; it never really causes it.

Then again, I run on four hours of sleep a night. ^^;

Merelia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:18 am Reply with quote        
Sorry to hear about your sister! Hopefully she get's well soon, and returns home safely!

As for stress? I'm very familiar with it.. believe me. >_< We always have a lot of things happening all at once. My nephew got terribly sick over a week ago, and was in the ER with IV attached to him too. He was dehydrated, and rushed quickly. They stuck him with a needle repeatedly, because his little veins were difficult to find.. so he came out bruised from the incident.

In this past week, I've avoided getting into a car accident each and every day. None were MY fault. People drove through red lights/stop signs.

We heard, what appeared to be gun shots late at night, a few weeks ago. Living in the area that we do, you never know what you will come by.

Today driving back home, I saw a ton of smoke coming from our area. I thought our house was on fire, but later came to find out that the dry grass plains only a block from our house caught on fire. Our streets were packed with firetrucks and cop cars. Stepping out of the car was a challenge in itself, because of amounts of smoke, and my asthma acting up because of it all. I stayed worried for a couple of hours, wondering if we would have to be evacuated from our homes. Damn California fires!

Those are just some incidents, which definitely had me stressed. There are a ton more, but my post is long as it is. XD So I know about stress all too well. It's a horrible thing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quote        
Because hospitals scare me so badly, I am hoping to have all my children at HOME.

I dont need some cold handed nurse posking at my children... Or having to do or go thru anything like that sence you just wrote about.

Do you know if she will be ok now?

Not sure what to Quest

Anyone Miss Me? <3
Jarl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:00 am Reply with quote        
Shocked

I'm sorry, man. I hope it turns out alright. Do you have any idea what it is? Like, it's not lupus, we know that.. but maybe knowing could help you find some preemptive medicine or summin. I don't really have much to say... I don't know you, but you have my deepest sympathy.

Love,
Jarl
Kryztol Thorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:26 am Reply with quote        
Wow. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. That's terrible.

I have asthma, and it's pretty annoying really. I can't run for long distances, and my teachers in PE always treat me like some sort of weakling. Honestly; just because I sometimes have to use something to help me breathe, doesn't mean that I have to be handled like I'm made out of glass or china.
I like sports like the next person, but I know when I have to stop.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks for the sympathy guys. ^_^ She was doing better and they took her off the oxygen, but the levels started dropping again last night after myself, my dad and my boyfriend (I was surprised that he wanted to come with me, but it was very nice of him. Such a sweetie...) left. My aunt says that she's getting better again though, and they may take her out of the ICU, but I'm not sure. I'm going to visit after I eat and shower.

And I still don't know what she has. They just updated us yesterday and says she has a viral infection in one lung. That's all they know. I'm showing more and more symptoms of it though, so if I vanish within the next week, that's why. ><;;

@Mere: Ack! D; Is he okay? My brother left the dentist with bruises all over his body once. We tried to sue since they lasted a long time and were sore to the touch, but of course, we lost.

@Kira: I know what you mean; I have the extreme urge to cry every time I enter a hospital, and usually have to hide in a bathroom or something. Luckily I only cried the first time I went this week. I'd be likely to give birth prematurely though, so I'd only feel that it were safe for my children if I gave birth to them in a hospital.

@Jarl: They said that all they can do is give her oxygen; that she has to fight it off on her own.

@Thorn: It would be a miracle if I don't have asthma, considering everyone on my mom's side does. I'm just so afraid to go to the dotor that I won't unless I'm in serious pain. D:

sychobunny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quote        
If you get diagnosed for something like asthma, theres something they can do about it verses being diagnosed after collapsing from an attack. Doctors do want to help you. It means they get paid.

<.< I don't want children of my own, but if I did, I'd probably want to do it at home solely for the reason of its more painful to do the standard on your back that is easier for doctors/nurses. Birthing is one of the safest procedures so long as its a sterile enviornment.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not saying they don't want to help her. .__. I know they do. There's just nothing that they CAN do. This is something that her immune system has to fight off on its own.

Merelia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:01 am Reply with quote        
@Chu - My nephew is okay. He's afraid of doctors now though, which is understandable. I would be too if I was poked with a needle that many times!

I hope your sister has a fast recovery soon!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote        
That is understandable. And I hope so too. ^_^ The doctors said that the earliest she can get out is Monday, so we're all hoping for that.

Raz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote        
Heya, o.O
I'm happy she, and you are doing good. but Don't forget to TAKE YOUR MEDS! Happy
hehe. ^.-
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:34 pm Reply with quote        
I REFUSE. D:<

*takes them anyway*

She's home now. She was put on some medication that she has to take for two days, another medication that she has to take every four hours until she gets better, and a preventive for the rest of her life. I'm just glad she pulled through.

Merelia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:41 am Reply with quote        
Glad to hear that she's back home. ^_^ Bouncy Heart