Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Merelia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:45 am Reply with quote        
Thought it would be fun to find out what everyone's ethnicity is. ^_^

Questions
What is your ethnicity?
Do you speak any other languages besides English?
Tell us something interesting about your ethnicity.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote        
MIXED ASIANS FTW!!! <3 Just cause I'm one. XD
And to clarify on that, I'm Chinese and Malaysian. <3

I can speak English fluently. Then there's Cantonese and Japanese that I can speak semi-fluently.

And, I also absolutely LOVE learning new languages, currently the main ones I wanna learn are Spanish, German and Latin. But Google Translator doesn't have Latin. : (

Something about being an Asian is that: there are high expectations to get like 100% in math, and you eat white rice every day. >_> I honestly don't care about the math, cause I love math. Bouncy Heart But I absolutely am NOT a fan of white rice. >_> It's just too boring, bland, and just not as healthy as brown rice or wild rice. ^_^;

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
linkfreak131

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote        
I'm Italian, and proud of it. X3

Hm, something interesting? Well, during Christmas, we make these super good flat cookies called Chaldae (I think that's how you spell it...). They are almost paper-thin, but they taste amazing. The only way you can make them is by cooking them on a special iron made specifically for making the cookies. You can make them with either orange rind or lemon rind. =3

Merelia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote        
@Ari - I had heard about the expectations for Asians to have great scores in school, but I had no idea it applied to literally the majority. o_o My mom had high expectations with me, but now I'm beginning to wonder if she would have been worse if we were Asian. XD She was already tough as is. Oh, and that's awesome that you want to learn other languages. ^_^

@link - Woot! Italian! I'm Portuguese, so Italians are semi close to how Portuguese are. I had a close friend that was half Portuguese/Italian, and I understood her Italian mom when she spoke. ^_^ Plus, we have the loud talking in common. Our house is always loud. XD

Okay, so let's see something that I can say about being Portuguese. We have traditional sweet bread made at home around Easter holidays. We talk ultra loud, which makes it sound like we're arguing all the time. XD We also tend to talk a lot with our hands, waving them about and all. Which makes it seem like we're arguing even more, and throwing fists at someone, when we're just trying to give them directions. XD I can go on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
I am Irish, English, Sweedish, and German.

Christmas cookies for us usually include home made spritz cookies, which are nummy despite me not really liking cookies.

Other than that, my family isn't overly into its herritage :S

Arikana

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote        
Merelia wrote:
@Ari - I had heard about the expectations for Asians to have great scores in school, but I had no idea it applied to literally the majority. o_o My mom had high expectations with me, but now I'm beginning to wonder if she would have been worse if we were Asian. XD She was already tough as is. Oh, and that's awesome that you want to learn other languages. ^_^

Yeah, that stereotype sucks..but whatever, I just gotta live with it I guess. I don't really mind though, it's not too bad. XP

I love languages. <3 They're pretty damn cool. :3 I remember back on Nox you taught me that rich in Portuguese was rika...or something like that. So can ya teach me anymore more words or phrases?
But my most favourite language would be ASL: American Sign Language. <333

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Merelia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote        
Well rich in Portuguese is spelled "rico" but for a female, it's "rica" and yeah.. it's pronounced like "rika". XD What other words do you want to know? :3

I always wanted to learn sign language. I remember learning some things. Then I had my friend teach me some bad things in sign language too. XD We use them when we don't want to publicly say it out loud.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote        
I am pure breed mut. . .

From highest to lowest.

Italian, German, Irish, English, Native american, and more ( dont know the rest cause I dont know my dead beat father lol )

Embrace the depression
Arikana

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quote        
Mere: Anything, but I suppose you could start with the basics first? Y'know, like hello, good bye, how are you, etcetera..basically things you can use in everyday life. ^_^

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Hiroku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote        
I am terrible at learning languages. . . >_>

I would like to learn japanese and german though.

Embrace the depression
Merelia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quote        
How we say hello, is "Ola", but we usually say "Bom dia" which means "Good day". Saying goodbye is "Adeus", pronounced a-dew-sh. The "ew" is pronounced like "ew, that's gross!" XD Those are the basics I suppose.

@Hiro - German is hard to learn. DX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quote        
I know a crap load of bits and pieces of german, spanish, and japanese. . .

But not enough to hold a conversation.

Embrace the depression
Merelia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:23 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, I had a couple of German friends that attempted to teach me German, but I failed miserably. But then again, they were strict with pronunciations that they told me I failed. X[

Therefore, I turn to Rammstein and just repeat the lyrics as I can. XD Not that great of a choice for learning German, I know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:19 am Reply with quote        
I BE WHITE.

I am actually Irish (Green eyes, and dark auburn hair when I dont dye it), mixed with a little Italian. Other then that, it is just a jumble of all my ansetors.

But my looks are not much to be stunned about. I personally think the only great thing I got from my parents was my mothers Voice and my fathers eyes.

Not sure what to Quest

Anyone Miss Me? <3
Arikana

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 am Reply with quote        
Merelia wrote:
How we say hello, is "Ola", but we usually say "Bom dia" which means "Good day". Saying goodbye is "Adeus", pronounced a-dew-sh. The "ew" is pronounced like "ew, that's gross!" XD Those are the basics I suppose.

@Hiro - German is hard to learn. DX

Interesting. :ninja: I really like the good bye one. X3 A-dew-sh. XD

What is "How are you?/How do you do?"? : O

The fallen deity,
Arikana