Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Summer Tournament 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Let's Go To the Beach! [Roleplay]
Raezarin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote        
Eyes closed, her foot seemed to skim over a rather large shell. Opening her eyes, Rin frowned and reached into the water, trying not to disturb the sand too much. Her questing fingers felt a seashell half as large as her hand, and brought it up for inspection.

Not a seashell. Definitely not a seashell.

Unless , of course, there were creatures that left shells of banded sapphire and onyx, perfectly round and as finely detailed as any natural shell.

Interesting.

She watched it glow faintly in the moonlight, before a different blue glow caught her eye. Peering over her sunglasses, she narrowed her golden eyes and saw a person meditating by the water's edge. Beyond her was someone in the water, judging by the splashes.

Still rather far, but too interesting to ignore.

Hiding her eyes once more, she pocketed the seashell and focused on the glow, moving towards it at a slightly faster pace.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote        
After a break to build sandcastles after lunch, Melody decided it would be fun to try surfing. She rented a board and got some basic tips on how to do it from the guys at the rental shack and then headed out.

To her surprise she wasn't completely awful at it. In fact, she took to it quite well. "Must be all the years of fighting and things," she thought to herself, deciding that must be what allowed her such a good sense of balance. Of course she wiped out plenty of times, but looking around there were a few people who did it more than her.

She ended up playing around with some of the other surfers and trying to race one another. A lot of them, including herself, ended up in some pretty awesome wipe outs. It was even more fun than she'd thought.

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
applejuice81

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:17 pm Reply with quote        
AJ notices another feeling, but of being watched. She turns to see where the feeling is coming from and sees someone walking rather quickly in her direction. AJ can make out that its a girl walking towards her, so AJ turns back to the ocean, closing her eyes and slowly closes the link with the moon, unfortunately the glow will not disappear for awhile now. She debates whether or not leave quickly, but decides against it knowing there will be questions. She sits and waits for the girl.

Opinions Please - My story idea with character issues.
MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote        
As the day was nearing a close Melody lay down on a stretched out deck chair and worked on her tan in the last of the sun before it would go down. She relaxed and had a drink and some icy treats, unwinding from another day of adventure.

She caught a few final rounds of volleyball and then walked along the beach, collecting seashells near the waves.

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
Raezarin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote        
Something changed.

The one who was meditating didn't seem to be so deep in thought, in fact, she looked more like someone waiting.

For me? Most likely...

A pang of guilt shot through Rin, she had some experience with meditation and those of a spiritual pursuit and knew the frustration of being interrupted. On the other hand, it wouldn't do to walk away once she'd been noticed.

Stepping out of the water she slackened her pace and called out a greeting.

"Good evening!"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote        
AJ watching the girl notices her stepping out of the water and move up towards her spot and call out a greeting.

AJ gets up to meet the girl. As she approaches, AJ holds out her hand, know the girl will see the designs on her arm, and greets her, " Good Evening."

MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote        
{{I'mma follow my own timeline here, otherwise I'll never know wtf's going on. Laugh}}

The next day Melody decided to go out and explore the forest around the lodge. She packed herself a little picnic for lunch and started out. The forest was beautiful, and this area, she had been assured by the staff at the lodge, was free of any harmful beasties lurking around. It was instead an area where non-threatening and sweet magical creatures would roam around. It made sense, after all, building a lodge in a forest full of monsters wouldn't be good for business.

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
Raezarin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quote        
Ka'rin shakes the offered hand, barely batting an eyelash at the strange designs covering the girl's arms. When you normally fly through the air via two giant wings coming out of your back, skin anomalies are nothing.

Speaking of which, I wonder if she can sense anything strange about the jacket.

A few people could, over the years. It had gotten her in and out of a lot of trouble, but in the end the best explanation she'd gotten was 'That thing is bloody weird, man."

Still, not the best topic to be wondering about right now.

"Sorry if I've interrupted anything, my name's Ka'Rin."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quote        
Some time passed and Melody veered off the path that ran through the forest, walking through the grass and trees. The place was full of beautiful, colourful flowers that danced on the soft breeze and seemed to glisten when they moved into the rays of sunshine that managed to creep through the holes in the canopy of leaves above.

She wandered around for some time, just strolling slowly around woods, taking in all the wondrous images that nature had to give. She climbed on tree stumps and climbed across stepping stones that allowed one to get over to the other side of flowing water. She splashed around and watched the tiny fish swimming along. She listened to the birdsong that filled the area and watched them through the gaps between the trees soaring above her head, landing on branches and hopping around on the ground in search of food.

It was so lively here, and yet so serene at the same time.

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quote        
After swimming a bit, Alyssa started getting shivers, so she headed back to her stuff. She looked around and realized she forgot to bring a towel with her. "OH, great." She said sarcastically, as the breeze picked up for a second.

::Shop::
MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quote        
Melody spent a long time playing in the forest. She climbed trees and even caught some glimpses of awesome little animals here and there.

Eventually it was around lunchtime. She found a nice little clearing and set up her blanket and picnic basket. She took out the food and arranged it nicely, then began to eat, still listening to the sounds of forest critters playing around and going about their day.

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
applejuice81

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quote        
Shaking hands with Ka'Rin. AJ senses something from the girl, not exactly sure what but thinks it may be from her jacket. 'Those wings are something'

" Hi Ka'Rin. I'm AJ. You really didn't interrupt me. Was just doing some meditating to relax and clear my mind among other things."

MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quote        
After a little while Melody heard a soft noise coming from the bushes nearby. She turned and listened quietly, wondering what it could be. There was a little shifting of the leaves and then a small squirrel-like creature hopped out. She remained still so as not to scare it and slowly it made its way over to her food. It looked up at her and she kept her head turned away, glancing at it from the corner of her eye, even stopping chewing so she could remain perfectly still.

The little squirrel thing moved closer and closer, then grabbed a smaller piece of bread she'd ripped off a roll. It watched her carefully for a moment, then held it close it its chest and hopped back over to the other side of the clearing. It hid behind a rock for a moment and then jumped up on top of it, nibbling on the bread. She turned her head slowly and watched with a smile as she continued to eat her food with the little critter gnawing on its own little steal.

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
Raezarin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quote        
[Jacket hides the wings, hence the weirdness ^^]

"Ah, do you mind if I ask about the glow? I've seen a lot of different things but never someone who can emit that sort of light." Not something she would normally ask, but since it was so noticeable she couldn't resist asking.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote        
Soon the little squirrel thing finished, looking up to her for a moment. She ripped off another small chunk of bread from one of her rolls and rolled it across the short grass in the little guy's direction. At first he hid behind his rock again, but after a moment he peered around the side, then cautiously hopped out until he was very near the bread.

He paused for a long moment before lunging forwards, snatching it, and then running back behind his rock. He repeated the same eating process as before, leaping onto his rock and gnawing away at his food.

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next