Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

I like actors...
for their talent(being convincing)
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
for their looks(being hot)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
both
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

sarcasmismysecondname

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote        
(appropriate Forum?o.O)
I felt like this was missing in the forums, so everyone, who's your favourite actor/actress?

My favourite actors are:
- Arnold Vosloo
- Gary Oldman
- Paul Bettany
- Cary Elwes
- Alan Rickman

favourite actresses? mh...
- Emily Browing, sort of, she is pretty and everything and she looks like a nice girl

Almost all of the actors I like are male...
*shrug* female actresses are boring >.<
LunaKelly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:38 am Reply with quote        
Favorite Actor:
Hugh Jackman
Johnny Pacar
Ryan Reynolds

Favorite Actress:
Kate Beckinsale
other

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quote        
haha XD alot of the females ARE boring! XD

arnold vosloo, wasn't he that hottie in The Mummy? pssh brendan fraiser can't hold a candle to him!
And Alan Rickman has the MOST incredible voice!! ^.^

my other fav actors are..
jason isaacs (hot and AWESOME in the brotherhood as well as the HP flicks)
ron perlman (needs to stop what he's doing right now and marry me! XD)
ray wise (the devil in disguise!)
patrick warburton (sooo manly!)
oh! and i gotta say woody harrelson! he is somekinda freaky!! <3

andd my brain's gone numb XB;

and as for actresses...
i'm fond of that katherine higel (sp?) you know, the one who played issy in grey's anatomy?
and goldie hawn and that other doll, kristie whatserface? she was in terminator :B now THEYS rolemodels!!

~Kryztol's Huge Raffle Giveaway!~
DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote        
I have no favorite actress, I don't know, I just don't look at them. Maybe I don't hate Famke Jansson, but it doesn't go further than "not hating"...

As for my favorite actors, I'm stuck with the fact they're all going on their 50 y-o and older, only because I loved them in old movies and old TV shows:
-Ben Browder (the ultimate sci-fi hotty in Farscape, he is so mah man! You should check out how well leather and uniforms look good on him hehe. Plus he got amazing acting skill, he can play anything from insanity to very serious scenes and is not afraid of looking silly and doing his own stunts. And his accent+baby blues are so cute)
-Paul Gross (you should see how he looked in a Mounty Uniform, raawr :3)
-Pierce Brosnan (suuaaaave... awesome in Goldeneyes :P)
-Harison Ford (He was the male, you know Roll Eyes )
-Clint Eastwood (when he wore his cowboy hat and poncho, and that glare of doom he had, hehehe: cool!...)

But, as younger ones, I really like:
-Garrett Hedlund (That brother movie, he was cute... too bad it had to end *not spoiling*)
-Jensen Ackles (hehe, from Supernatural... sometime I think he's not 100% perfect in acting angsty scenes, but the action ones make you forget about 'em)
-Michael Shanks (:3 yeah... I know, I'm a geekette)

Gunnar, RP character from the Tavern:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7963/dessingunnar.jpg

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
http://tricksters-webs.over-blog.com/
Freshie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote        
sarcasmismysecondname wrote:

- Cary Elwes

THAT IS ALL. <3

Actually I have others..but yeah.. ^^;;

MaskedDream

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:08 am Reply with quote        
Favorite actors:
Ryan Reynolds
Hugh Jackman
Fred Astair
Gene kelly

Favorite Actresses:
sandra bullock
Nichole Kidman
natalie portman
Kate Beckinsale
VampireSoul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:31 am Reply with quote        
My absolute favorite actor is Robert Pattinson, he is gorgeous and has amazing talent. I am totally crushing on him <3 *points to sig* hehe.

But I also enjoy Anthony Micheal Hall, my best friend and I were recently into The Dead Zone series with him, and he is also good in Edward Sissorhands. Which brings me to my next mention, Johnny Depp can be great when he's not a freakazoid such as his version of Willy Wonka. For example I loved him in 'Finding Neverland'.

And I am pretty much never disappointed by Robin Williams. He's wonderful and knows how to be funny without being stupid. I hate stupid humor. But then he can also have a gentle, and fatherly side such as in Mrs. Doubtfire. Or in Good Morning Vietnam when he balances his serious and his humorous side. Or he can even be harsh as in August Rush. He's just a very well rounded actor who never looses his love of fun no matter how old he gets.

Patrick Dempsy is also pretty great although I know him best for Enchanted, his acting in that movie was great.

And Tom Hanks. Best known by me for his earlier roles such as Big, and Toy Story; but I recently just saw him in The Terminal as an illegal Russian immigrant trapped in a New York airport. The character spoke no English and then learned little throughout the entire film and Hanks being fluent in English pulled that off really well.

As for actresses, Drew Barrymore is at the top of my list. I have not seen all of her work but from what I have seen she has never manage to disappoint me. Including her child roles as Gerdie in the classic E.T and Charlie(Charline) in Stephan King's Fire Starter. She's beautiful, and emotional and can have kind of a fun/teen spirit. Kind of like Jennifer Garner in 13 Going on 30. Barrymore would be wonderful in a role like that.

Another actress who never seems to disappoint me and just won a golden globe for best actress for her role in 'The Blind Side', Sandra Bullock. She's sassy, and tough but can also be gentle and motherly and even a bit humorous. My favorite roles of hers are Miss Congeniality, and Premonition. By the way her husband in Premonition, Julian McMohan, is also a pretty great actor, first discovered by me in his role as half demon Cole Turner/Belthazor in Charmed. Another role Bullock was great in was the recent The Proposal along side Ryan Renolds and Golden Girl Betty White. Both also wonderful actors. Bullock really knows how to pull of a tough chick, "i'm in charge' attitude and I enjoy that about her.

Also with a well rounded talent, is Amy Adams who can pull of a lost princess from a cartoon world accidentally trapped in reality, to swearing, slutty crime scene cleaning single mother in Sunshine Cleaning and Julia Child fangirl Julie Powell. Also with a similar well rounded talent is Julia Child herself Merril Streep.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quote        
I really don't have many/any favorate actresses. They all, and I mean this respectfully, seem to act like asses. There are a few that I'm o.k. with because you don't hear much about their life, only their work which are a few of the ones that people have already said, but anyway favorate actors;

~David Tennant
~Bill Nighy
~Alan Rickman
~Gary Oldman is pretty awesome

hmm I'm starting to struggle I'm positive there are more >.> I'll put up some more later when I think of them Smile

Art done by Crow Happy
saiyouri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:13 pm Reply with quote        
Ingrid Bergman is my favorite actress. She is an amazing woman. She is a swedish actress who passes many years ago. Not sure if I have a favorite actor. There isn't one that I go out of my way to watch their movies.
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote        
My favorite actors:

-Bruce Campbell
-Ewan MacGregor
-Ted Raimi
-Cary Elwes
-Rowan Atkinson

My favorite actresses

-Rosario Dawson
-Julie Andrews
-Angela Lansbury

Aquaria

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quote        
hmmm......

Favorite Actors
Johnny Depp
Cary Elwes
Sean Connery

Favorite Actresses
Kate Beckinsale
(yeah...there aren't many actresses that I favor)

Tianfu

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote        
I'm kind of a movie buff, so I have a lot of favorite actors. But, the top of the list are...

David Carradine - He died like he lived, in a bad movie plot involving Chinese secret societies and Thai lady boys.
Vincent Price - I still think the one true example that life isn't fair is that he hasn't risen from the grave to drink the blood of the living.
Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry - In my mind, they're a set. And they're both so talented, their combined awesomeness should distort time and space.
Rowan Atkinson - Because Blackadder is a GOD.
Robin Williams - I've loved pretty much ALL of his movies. And he did One Hour Photo for practically nothing, which makes me love him even more.
Michael Caine - He's just so... British. It makes me just want to hug him and squeeze him and call him George.
David Duchovny - I like him in everything, even if Kalifornia gave me nightmares.
Walter Matthau - Because he looks EXACTLY like my father. Watching one of his movies is like getting to see my dad again (although my dad was never that grumpy).

I don't have as many favorite actresses. It's one of my beefs with Hollywood, actually. Men don't HAVE to be good-looking or sexy to have a career, they just have to be a good actor. However, with very, VERY few exceptions, women HAVE to be good-looking to have a career and their acting ability is somewhat incidental. But anyway, off my soapbox. Here are my favorite actresses...

Angela Lansbury - Probably my favorite actress from my childhood.
Julie Andrews - A great actress AND a great singer.
Gillian Anderson - I LOVED her as Scully in X-Files, she played a wonderfully strong, yet still feminine, character. I'm very sad that her career pretty much died with the X-Files.
Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders - I was never a big fan of Absolutely Fabulous, but I've loved pretty much everything else they've done. Plus, Dawn French is so adorable, I just want to squeeze her!
ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 pm Reply with quote        
tianfu.... you have awesome taste in actors/actresses XD

stephen fry = national treasure. ITS TRUE.
and hugh laurie is just... WOW.

and i freaking love dawn french and jennifer saunders. theyre brilliant at voice acting as well (see coraline, shrek 2 and so on i imagine XD)

Tianfu

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:39 pm Reply with quote        
Heh heh, thanks Ecco! Wink Hugh Laurie is almost sickeningly talented. I love a man who can act in both comedies and dramas, play several instruments, sing AND write. And Jennifer Saunder's version of I Need A Hero is one of the best song remakes EVER. And French and Saunder's bit in Coraline is one of the very best parts of an already awesome movie.
ecco

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:06 am Reply with quote        
hehehe, speak of the devil... friends was on the TV behind me and it was the scene with Rachel and Hugh Laurie on the plane! XD