Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Like the idea?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 19 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:52 am Reply with quote        
This will be more shounen/shoujo-ai since there's a PG-13 rule and as you may know, Yaoi and Yuri tend to go over that... just a heads up ^^ also, for those who are not familiar with the terms:
Yaoi - Male x Male love
Yuri - Female x Female love

The story:

It's an alternate universe here... or maybe it's just the future? whatever this is,science won against nature.
In these days there's no need for mating and a waiting period to get a child.
G.O.S. or Gods Of Science have taken care of that. They clone your DNA and produce a child in a matter of hours. You can clone yourself, or make a hybrid of you and your partner. The gender didn't matter.
And it didn't stop at this. You could also choose the hair skin eye color of the child. The child's gender and some of the traits. Having a child was now as simple as a mere grocery shopping. It used to be expensive at first, but now these laboratories are on every corner of each town, making the prices drop and more easier for people to have more and more children.
The only bond that held man and woman together was destroyed, so the human race has divided itself in to Male and Female. The world is at peace when fights over rights don't exist. Everyone's completely equal.

It would be perfect if not for the Ex-hes...

And who are they?

GOS didn't start out successfully at first. Lots of experiments were made... creepy, sick and inhuman experiments were made.
An Ex-he is one of the results in those experiments. They all look completely different. Some have traits of animals, some have their parts re-placed with machinery, some are cursed to stay in a child's body forever and some might even have powers...

Ex-hes are dangerous, not always stable minded and a threat to this 'ideal' world, so the people from GOS are trying to hunt them down and bring them back to the laboratory where they'll never be embraced by sunlight again.
Ex-hes are also kept a secret from normal humans, and Ex-hes rarely appear in public, unless they look and can act completely normal.
Most people just think that Ex-hes are monsters from urban legends or mythological creatures. Some who have actually witnessed them were ignored or considered crazy.
Ignorance was a bliss...

So what will happen now?

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:15 am Reply with quote        
Rules:

* Follow Midoreas rules, thank you.
* Keep everything PG13. Romance is allowed (even encouraged) but don't go too far. No undressing other characters or dipping your hand in to the candy jar kids~ Violence is also ok, but keep it low or at the very least moderate. Nothing explicit. Going against this rule will get you a serious warning or the banning of your character.
* This is a yaoi/yuri roleplay. No heteros please~ I don't have a problem with them (I am one myself) but you can join any other roleplay to be a heterosexual. This is something for the minorities~
* Even if you are female you can play a male and if you are a male you can play a female.
* NO and I mean absolute NO god moding. You can't have huge superpowers. Only very small ones.
* No controlling/killing other people characters. Unless I see a nice clear paragraph from the other person stating why he lets you do this~
* Since this is an advanced roleplay I'm expecting to see nice long posts with good grammar~ it doesn't have to be perfect, just watch your C's and S's. Also, being TOO literate isn't all that nice. You can write a very long paragraph or two for your first post, but make sure it's not a page stretcher. Other posts must be at least 80 words, but do not make them really long.
* You must PM me the profiles. You simply must PM me them and then wait for approval. I'll add the profile in the profile list. DO NOT post the profile in this thread. If you do, I'll instantly deny you access of joining this roleplay. I know it can be different from the other roleplays, but this is a more organized way and a way which I prefer to work with.
* You can have up to two characters.
* I'd prefer an anime styled picture of your character. The art doesn't have to be yours, but please state that it's not yours by the picture. Long detailed descriptions are ok too. I'd dislike real people pictures and short 2-3 sentence descriptions are a no-no.
* Do not make your characters very ideal. No Marry Sues that are perfect in everything and are perfectly beautiful and everyone loves them and they're so perfect they're gonna be Americas next Top Models... but also, don't make them very hateful or emo. I do not want to see a "Her parents died in a car crash so now she lives with her foster family that hates her. She's an outcast in school and secretly wishes to run away from home" or something like that in the description. Life isn't all bad people!

* I can and will add more rules if needed.

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:32 am Reply with quote        
The places:

There are three different areas to start rping in.
The town is a place where humans and normal looking Ex-hes live. GOS members go here only on their day off. But they don't get too many day offs, so you can rarely see one in town.
The laboratories are at the edge of town. GOS members and captured Ex-hes are staying there. I'd suggest Ex-hes not to start here, since there's... no real way of escaping unless a GOS member helps you.
Outskirts are something like dumps and forests mixed together. There are trees and big metal piles of junk too. Here most Ex-hes hide. Some braver GOS members go here to find and capture Ex-hes. There's also a slightly polluted lake near this place where the Ex-hes with possible water-creature features lurk. It's also the main water source of the Ex-hes. The pollution has no affect on them since their mutated bodies are immune to minor radiation and pollution.

Romance can go between humans, between GOS members, between Exhes.
The pairs can mix too. Like Humans and GOS members, Humans and Ex-hes or GOS members and Ex-hes.

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:47 am Reply with quote        
Profile skeletons:

The first one is for the normal humans. Humans do not posses any powers, but in the future, normal humans are stronger and live longer than any average human today.
They can, however, poses some very minor unusual traits. Like a slightly strange skin tone or elven-like ears.
Their natural hair colours are: Black, Brown, Red-ish, Orange, Yellow, Pale Yellow, White. They can dye their hair, but it's not very fashionable at this time, so barely anyone does it.
Their normal eye colours are: Very dark brown, lighter brown, hazel, green, lighter green, blue, light blue, grey. Contact lenses do not exist because every eye-illness can now be cured with lazer surgery... except blindness of course... for which they do an eye transplantation.

Code:
[b]Name: [/b](state your full name here)

[b]Age:[/b] (age range is between 15 and 51, take note that since they live longer, they also look younger than they really are. At least to us.)

[b]Gender:[/b](male or female?)

[b]Position:[/b] (top/bottom/can do both?)

[b]Personality:[/b] (at least 4 moderate-length sentences)

[b]Some background details: [/b]( anything you like to add about your character)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (please use an anime picture or a very good description. Real people pictures are greatly disliked, but will be approved if you have no other choice)

[b]Played by:[/b] (your username)

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:10 am Reply with quote        
This is for the GOS members. They get to have up to two weapons and a nickname.
They have the same visual traits as humans, and their uniform is a long white/grey/metal-colour like coat with an "X" on the back of their coat. It's usually a part of their training program to cut their hair to shoulder length or shorter and keep it that way, but new rules just came in, so any new member don't have to cut their hair.

Code:

[b]Real name:[/b] (state your full name)
[b]
Nickname:[/b] (this is a must. All members have a nickname.)

[b]Weapons:[/b] (describe at least one of your weapons. to have a second one is optional. do not make them very powerful. It's for capturing an Ex-he, not destroying the world)

[b]Age:[/b] (go from 20 to 60)

[b]Gender:[/b] (male or female?)

[b]Position:[/b] (you're top/bottom/or can do both?)

[b]Background details:[/b] (how and why you joined GOS and anything else you'd like to add)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (please use an anime picture or a very good description. Real people pictures are greatly disliked, but will be approved if you have no other choice)

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote        
This is for the Ex-hes. They live shorter than normal humans and can have one small power that's practically useless. It's just a simple result of bad DNA experiments.
Their hair skin and eye colours can be any colour and they can have any kind of minor traits. (Fins, cat ears, hooves, mecha-arm and so on...)
Here's a list of available minor powers. Powers are unique, meaning 2 people can't have the same power (underlined ones are taken. the ones with double stars require a certain trait):

*Can spit toxins from their body that work like little bombs on contact. They don't deal much damage, but make a nasty noise.

* Can form their tears in to icicles. Nothing bigger than your thumb.

* Nails are twice as long and are as strong as wood. They're able to break, but not as easily as normal nails.

* Can make one selves body temperature rise. It can get very hot, but not hot enough to burn clothes.

** Can absorb water in to oneself and later on shoot it out of ones mouth. (any water creature trait required)

** Can pack a really powerful punch. It's two times stronger than a normal one. (requires any mecha-traits)

** Can hear even the slightest sounds in a 10 meter distance.(Animal ears required)

** Can jump high and far, compared to a normal humans jump. (Either mecha, or bug traits required)

Code:
[b]Nick name:[/b] (Ex-hes have no real names)

[b]Number:[/b] (Ex-hes are given experiment numbers when they are born and GOS refer to them by their number. Anything from 1 to 500 will do)

[b]Age:[/b] (from 10 to 35 Ex-hes don't tend to live very long and they were all made as 10 year olds. You can choose to be a newly created Ex-he or an older one.)

[b]Power:[/b] (This is completely optional. Choose one from above.)

[b]Gender:[/b] (Male or Female?)

[b]Position:[/b] (you're top/bottom/or can do both?)

[b]Background details:[/b] (why they made you, how you got out and anything else you'd like to add)

All profiles will be placed in an OOC forum here.

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote        
Updates
I'll post here any news or updates in the roleplay.

The chocolate flavoured lists:

White chocolate list.
Active, literate and friendly roleplayers go here.

Milk chocolate list.
Like a grey list, except it's a brown one Hai People with warnings go here.

Dark chocolate list.
People who have broken several rules and are out of this RP for good.

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:27 pm Reply with quote        
*RESERVED*

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote        
OPEN!

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote        
[RP start ^^]

8 o'clock in the evening and rain has just started. It was pouring heavily, as if the sky was unleashing his anger and sadness upon the world ruled no longer by nature but by science. The cities provided many places to take cover, but the safest places were inside, where the shifting wind wasn't able to play tricks on you.
Sadly the Ex-hes and on-patrol GOS members weren't so lucky to be anywhere near a place that could provide necessary sanctuary from the raging rain.
Maaka was hiding under one of the old, rusted junk pieces that were found in this dying forest. It was enough for him to not get soaking wet, but he won't get out of this completely dry. At a moment like this, he was glad to have been born with the power of making his body temperature rise. This cold cruel rain made the already cold autumn air even colder and if not for this power, he'd be shivering as if snow was covering his small body. In times like these he dreamed of a life he'll never have. Of a life as a human in a family, a cosy room and knowing when and what will be his next meal " I wonder if any other Ex-He thinks foolish things like these..." he mumbled to himself, embracing his own body and activating his power. His eyes glowed softly and he silently stared at the cold rain, feeling his body getting warmer.
It didn't seem like the rain will calm down any time soon, and since he had nothing better to do, he thought about making himself a small house here. The junk piece was stable enough and you could easily stand up and walk around a little in the area. Just enough to be a very small room. If he would find another piece, at least half of this ones size, some old cloths and such, he could actually live here... The only threat would be other, un-friendly Ex-Hes that would want to claim this little house for their own. Maaka started wondering if it was worth it, and decided that he should at least try. Winter will be here soon, and even his power won't help him against the cold snow and painful Icy blizzards.

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:36 pm Reply with quote        
{{Yayz! :D}}

In the middle of the town Odol was standing out in the rain, his head tilted back towards the sky with closed eyes, allowing the water to wash away the blood that stained his hands, sleeves and face. It was a rather deserted area of town, down in one of the back alleys where no one ever went, the perfect place to spend his time where no one could find him; the only thing that could reach him here was the rain.
He slowly opened his eyes, squinting up into the dark clouds above him so as not to get any rain water in his eyes. It seemed nature had given him a blessing this evening, the gift of not needing to clean himself before heading back to the outskirts. He shook his head a little to get most of the water off his hair and ears before pulling his hood up and closing his jacket, ready to head out.

He began to make his way out of the town, nimbly sprinting through the backstreets. It was early evening now and the rain had given people the excuse to get inside in the warm and settle down for the night. This was also a blessing, as he didn't have to worry about bumping into anyone or being seen if he climbed over objects in his way in a parkour fashion. Normally this type of behaviour at this time of day from a youth would be seen as suspicious, especially if they were alone. It was nice to be able to run freely through the town, usually the only time he could get away with this was in the dead of night, and it was probably slightly more risky then, as things would be so quiet people might be more inclined to hear him clambering over things outside. Unless of course it was also raining in the nighttime.

Before long he'd made his way back to the outskirts of the town. He continued on through the half dump half forest until he came to his home. It was fairly well hidden, a little tree fort in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a great mass of trees. He was lucky to have gotten this spot. But then even most Ex-hes didn't travel this far into the woods. Odol wasn't afraid though, he couldn't care less about what might lurk here, and he wasn't about to get lost. Not many had ever visited his home, and those that had he was either sure would never give away the position or were no longer in a state in which they could.

He slipped in through the door and removed his jacket, throwing it on the floor for thew time being, then headed to his wardrobe. He'd had a lot of time to work on his house, and all the trees around this area were big with thick, strong branches. Over time he'd added a little more here and there, even finding some broken down things in the junkyard that were either already in pretty good condition or that he was able to fix up. The slightly less larger things he'd been able to steal from the town, along with a lot of other things, including food, clothing, tools - pretty much anything he could get his hands on. And to think this little house had started as no more than him just sleeping up on one of the big branches of the tree it now sat in.
He changed out of his wet clothes and flopped down on his bed, his hands behind his head and one leg from the knee down hanging off the side, swinging back and forth. He still had the rest of the night to fill up with "activities", but what should he do next? Feeling a little tired he decided on taking a cat nap before heading out to scout around the dump and see if any of the other mutants were out and about in the rain.

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:58 am Reply with quote        
Kuma was sitting on the lowest branch of a large tree, slightly protected from the rain by the other branches. He had been sent to this spot because it was close to a junkyard were some Ex-Hes had been found, and therefore the higher authorities thought some others might come there. And then it would be Kuma's job to catch them and bring them back. The mission in itself didn't bother him. After all, Ex-Hes generally had powers or conditions that could make them dangerous for normal humans, so it was just a normal thing to take them back in a place where they couldn't hurt anyone. What really annoyed him right now what the weather: thick, cold rain, blocking his sight and clouds blocking the lights. How could he find something if he couldn't see anything?

With a sigh, Kuma got up, careful not to fall, and stretched his arms. He was out for the night and knew the time would be longer, and colder, if he didn't do anything. He slowly climbed onto a nearby branch, making sure it was strong enough to hold his weight before doing so. Standing there, he watched the dump, looking for any movement. Only a couple of old electric lights were still active in this part of the outskirt, and the poor light they gave away didn't help him much. Seeing nothing, Kuma decided to move to another spot, in the middle of the junkyard. It was slightly higher than the rest of the place and would give him a better sight of the surrounding.

He got back from the tree, placing his hand on the branch and letting him fall to the ground. It wasn't really high, so there was no risk he injured himself by doing so. He then carefully replaced his coat and hood, trying to protect himself from the rain as best as he could, slowly walking away form the tree. It wasn't that bad finally. Being alone in the rain was actually kind of nice and relaxing. Of course, other GOS members were patrolling not too far from where he was and there were probably some Ex-Hes around too, but he didn't mind. As long as he couldn't see them, they didn't exist for him and he didn't have to run after them. He didn't appreciate the part of his job where he had to take people back to the labs, mostly because they usually didn't agree to that and fought with all they had, but he didn't really have the choice.

Kuma walked, jumping on some things, climbing on them, running sometimes, until he got to where he wanted to go. Climbing on the top of the junk pile, he looked around. An old sheet of plywood was somewhat protecting him from the rain and wind, which was actually really nice. He took his breath back, looking at the dump again to see if there was any strange move. Nothing. Again. But at least he had a good view of the junkyard now. Kuma sighed again. The night would be really long. He took the plywood sheet and moved it, making himself a more comfortable nest, before sitting under it, his knees brought back against his chest, arms around them, trying to keep his heat as much as he could.

IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quote        
With slow motions, Maaka got out of his shelter and got completely exposed to the rain. It didn't even take him a minute to get completely drenched. His white clothing got partly transparent and clutched to his body while his bare feet sank a little in the mud. Because of the cold rain his already pale skin got even paler, but he had his power going, so the flushed cheeks and the healthy-pink lips indicated he wasn't cold. The mix of hot body temperature and cold raindrops resulted in some minor steam coming from the boys body, but he didn't care.
Completely forgetting about the lurking dangers, Maaka ran around the junk yard, his bare feet taking him to random directions. He was exited about finally getting in to the mood of building a home, a small little place he could call his own. The small sanctuary from the cold cruel world where Ex-hes were treated as nothing but an experiment.
With light movements the boy got to a big metal hood. It must've belonged to a car once "It's mine now" he smiled silently to himself and tried picking it up. The metal was too heavy for his meek body.
Not being physically capable of lifting the metal hood, he started dragging it through the mud. Because of this heavy rain, the tracks of it should be gone in a matter of minutes. Or at least he hoped so.
Even when he put all his effort in it, his travelling speed was very slow and it would take him at least 20 minutes before he reaches his newly claimed home with the metal Piece. But he didn't care too much. Maaka didn't feel cold, and with his power, he'll be able to dry his clothes in no time. The only inconvenience would be his dirty feet. Sure, the lake wasn't too far off, but sometimes the water looked just too disgusting to touch, much less wash in it.
Getting distracted by his thoughts on the polluted water, Maaka slowed down his pace and became unaware of the surroundings, meaning he was just open prey to anyone who felt like attacking him. He always was an air-head, getting distracted by his own thoughts or anything else... well... pretty much anything that he found interesting. This world was stranger and bigger than the laboratories and it's harder to survive here, but Maaka preferred this freedom than the painful needles every day and tasteless food during lunch. The idea of being constantly watched, his every little move recorded not only on paper but on tape was just driving him mad. No privacy was given him what so ever... Well, except this one time. That one time was all it took for him to getaway and end up here... in the junk yard... all alone, wet and dirty, dragging around junk in hopes of building a home.

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote        
It took a couple minutes, but suddenly Kuma heard something. Footsteps, and something heavy being dragged or pulled... It was light, but he was sure he had heard something. H got up and looked around, unable to find where the sound was coming from due to the noise of the rain falling around him. After a little time, his hand above his eyes to cover them from the rain, he noticed some movement not too far from where he was. Might be interesting finally... he thought, gently getting down from the pile of junk he was on, careful to make as few noise as possible.

After a minute of slow, careful walked, he had reached the spot where Maaka was. He hid behind an old washing machine, evaluating the boy capacities and what he was doing here. No human in a decent mind state would have been around at this hour, carrying old junk piece, especially with the crazy weather. Kuma stood there, watching to see what he was doing, until he stopped moving, apparently lost in his thought. He didn't look especially powerful or dangerous, but Kuma still preferred to be careful when he got close to Ex-Hes.

Careful now, I don,t want to frighten him... he thought, placing a hand on his sword's handle, the other pushing his hair away from his eyes. He moved away from the washer, walked in front of Maaka and said "Hey, there! Need help?" with his most friendly tone, a nice smile on his face. He had realized the guy was struggling to move the old metal piece and thought it would be the best way to make contact with him. He stood there, waiting for an answer, hoping the other wouldn't run away.

IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote        
Maaka was deep in his thoughts before some noises chased them away. With a snap back to reality he realised someone was near him.
Startled, the boy almost let go of the heavy metal piece, but managed to tighten his grip just in time. If he hadn't, the big metal piece would've dropped right on to his feet and he wouldn't be able to run. Now wasn't he lucky?
When he regained his grip, the person that was near him spoke. His voice was kind and he didn't seem to be of any threat. Maaka smiled softly, a sincere smile as if he was appreciating the offer.
"Why yes, as a matter of fact ... I-" suddenly his eyes widened. He took a look at the clothes the other was wearing. They were the uniform of the GOS "I-I-I" he studdered looking shocked. Maaka jumped away from the metal, letting it fall to the muddy ground. With a sad look he looked at the other, feeling foolish and in a way betrayed "No" he said quickly and turned away, ready to dash off. He wasn't ready to go back to that place. He hated it there. And just when he started building a house too... now he'll probably never find a metal hood as good as that one was.

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy