Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Poll Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Poll 11

Do you think it is a good idea to allow weapon relics to be used in the battle system?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 106 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 129

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:59 am Reply with quote        
If we were to release a weapon relic, such as a sword, what do you guys think of making it usable in the battle system? As a small bonus, it wouldn't have uber-stats or anything. It would probably be around the event weapons status. Maybe even lower...
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote        
Bah, I think that if it looks like a weapon, it should be used as a weapon. So Yay! for using them in the battle system. I don't think it needs to have uber-awesome stats, being around the event items is fine with me. Just maybe being a little above the weaponsmith weapons, 'cause they will still be relics... but at the same time, you don't want to make them so awesome that people feels like they can't do anything without them...

Anyway, it's your choice. If it doesn't require too much extra-work, I think it could be a good idea.

Rei Ann

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote        
I don't think there should be weapons relics, it's already hard as it it for people who can't donate to find sellers of relics, so releasing at a battle weapon even with event item stats, it my book is unfair, consider, everyone has a change to get event items.
Squid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quote        
    I have to agree with Maeve.

If it looks like a weapon, it should be able to be used as a weapon.

However, while I also agree that it shouldn't have 'uber-stats', I think that if people are really paying out of their pocket for something, it should be a little bit higher than the event weapons, which can (usually) be gotten for very cheap.

I wonder if they would still be wearable, or if they would be only for battling?

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote        
Thanks Squid!

Though I agree that this makes it a bit unfair for people who can't afford to buy relics by themselves, I don't think it's any worst than the other relics. I mean, the weapon smith is still there, plus the event weapons, so you don't have to buy it to fight. And by giving it just reasonable stats, it keeps everyone happy.

Yeah, right, event weapons tend to sell for pretty cheap, especially right after the event... maybe giving it more stats would be nice, or maybe just make something good with the durability... like giving it more durability so that we don't need to repair it as often as the other weapons... I mean, some event weapons have a lot of durability, but not a lot of power, or the other way around, so in the end, you're always repairing them anyway. Maybe having like power between 5 and 10 (the most powerful event items have 8 in power, I think), but having like 250 durability? Just saying...

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quote        
Rei Ann wrote:
I don't think there should be weapons relics, it's already hard as it it for people who can't donate to find sellers of relics, so releasing at a battle weapon even with event item stats, it my book is unfair, consider, everyone has a change to get event items.

Actually the ability to use it in the battle system would be just a small "bonus".

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote        
I'm really on the fence with this one.

Looking at it strictly from my point of view, I will get those items either way, so there's no problem in it for me.

However, I understand that people that sometimes can't afford to buy ARIs with silver or money. That's a problem that I've always had on other sites. It kind of adds insult to injury if the ARIs come with even more bonuses.

When it comes right down to it though, I do agree with the "if it looks like a weapon, it should be a weapon" argument. DX I just don't know.

Squid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quote        
    I wonder if there really is that big of a problem getting the relics from other users...

I mean, sure, getting the older items can be difficult, but is it really so hard to get monthlies during their run?

It's not as though there aren't expensive weapons in the shop... If you can't afford them, then it's not as though you NEED them to battle, am I right?

Maybe I'm just dense because I am able to donate to sites to get items, but it doesn't really seem like there is a problem...

Vickicat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:52 pm Reply with quote        
I don't see why not.
Rei Ann

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote        
Squid, I never see hardly any sellers selling current Ari's I lucked out this month and found one, I never find any. It seems people can't only afford to donate for there selfs, which isn't a bad thing, just means non donators have harder time to get the item.
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:27 am Reply with quote        
I think it's just because most people don't want to buy more than want they need for themselves, especially not knowing how popular the ARIs will be. I mean, some people still sell gold, so if the price of an ARI falls under the price of two gold, you're kinda screwed...

I remember on other sites that people were passing some sort of contract between buyers and sellers. Basically, you agree to pay a certain price, which you would send at the beginning of the month (or whenever the items were sold), and then the seller would buy the relics for you and send it to you, and it goes on like that for a certain period. That way, the seller is sure to get a certain price for is items and don't end up spending all their real money for items that finally are not popular on the site and are sold for almost nothing. On the other side, buyers are sure to get the items they want without having to pay real cash for them and are somewhat protect against inflation, since the price is normally agreed on at the beginning of the contract. Dunno if someone here would want to do that, but you can always try...

Though I have always had something against the sites that make the donators all powerful while the non-donators are consider like crap, I don't think allowing the weapon item to be used in the battle system would make much difference. I mean, there are still lots of other weapons, some of which would be as powerful or even more than the ARI, and even some that you can get for free in the event!

Chere and Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah.
It would be great to be able to battle with the ancient relics and stuff.

Boredom Chat <<Page Contest
Nikki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:50 am Reply with quote        

Why not? As long as they don't disappear on us, I see no problem with making the relics usable in the battle system =]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:59 am Reply with quote        
    I definitely get the... concern about those who can donate being considered 'better' than those who cannot, but ... we are putting our real money in to what does amount to a bunch of pixels. I think we do deserve the reward of being able to use them as much as we can.

And I do agree with you, Maeve (again), that as a potential seller, I would hate to sell something for less than it's actually considered worth. When I first joined, I bought a past monthly item for about the equivelant of one gold, rather than the two that I know it was bought for originally. As a buyer, that made me terribly pleased, but as a seller, it would upset me and there's no way I could do that, so I do see the reluctance to ... put more in than you may be getting out.

(I am still for the usage of monthlies as weapons. I even think that they should have some pretty decent stats or endurance to them.)

Urboros

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quote        
It would be to have one, but would it have limited uses? :/

I don't see the problem with finding people selling the monthlies, of course most of the people I buy from don't advertise that they're selling'em.

I'd say release one with the stuff you think is right and then gather feed back.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next