Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Afanassii

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote        
First Post: General Info and rules
2nd Post: How to create your character
3rd Post: Posted character profiles
4th Post: Information on Converse

Crossroads is a Steampunk type of RPG set in a world apart from Midorea. (name to come soon) The cultures range from meiji-era japan to the victorian-wild west in clothing style and demeanor. The technology is enhanced in some ways by the addition of magick.

The basic races are the psychically-enabled Elan, the Elementalists, Elves, the spider-like Sekassiret, and Mountainfolk (the equivalent of Dwarves and Giants) Though any race from another world could be there as an "outsider".

Classes (jobs) vary from those that you can find in any Dungeons and Dragons book (Clerics, fighters, Bards, rangers, rogues... etc..) and those more unique to the world: Auditor, Entertainer, Mage, Pilot, Tinker.

*If you have any questions on any of this, feel free to ask. There are no stupid questions.

Rules

1 - Follow all of Midorea's general rules.

2 - Read everything I have posted on the first page of this thread before you post your profile.

3 - Be kind and patient. This thread is open to peoples of all skill levels and I would like to think of it as a place for less literate people to practice their skills in literacy. If you have a personal problem with someone, please take it to PMs. If you have a problem with their writing style, please PM me. Of course gentle reminders about the rules (placed in the OOC brackets, of course) are allowed.

4 -Character Profile posts belong in this thread, not in the actual role play thread. I will reserve the first 2 posts of the RP thread to have a list of character information and a link to this thread for more info. This will make organization easier.

* The only things that belongs in this thread are role play posts, so please do not chat or post profiles here!

5 - Try to follow the roleplay writing style. Meaning: posts should be made in third person in the past tense. I'm not a rules/grammar nazi, but it is a whole lot easier to read if we are all writing the same way. (If you have any questions concerning grammar or just generally about any of the rules, please feel free to PM me!) OOC is allowed, please place it in (parenthesis) either before or after your role play post..

6 - Only one character per person. This is the general rule, however if you would like to play more than one character you can ask. I would like to think of this as a reserved privilege. I would prefer that you use a mule account if you do have a 2nd character - OR - make your different character posts using different colored writing so that it is easier to keep up with.

7 -Rules are subject to changes or additions at any time - with or without notice.

8 - If you want to use a picture for your character's profile, you MUST credit the artist if you did not draw it yourself.

9 - Once you have your character's profile set you may NOT alter important information to suit situational needs. Meaning that if you have a character that looks or acts a certain way and you have interests with another character who is not attracted to tall/loud/quiet/androgynous/what-have-you men or women, then you can't change your character in a desperate attempt to alter the course of fate.

For instance - Nassii has an aversion to the sun, it would make no sense for him to suddenly become a sun bather to catch the attention of a nearby tanning woman. Making this sort of change is unethical and goes against my character concept. Nassii has his faults and strengths and he is what he is no matter what befalls him.

*THIS is the reason why character profiles will be in the 3rd post of the RP thread.

10 - You may NOT speak for another character out of your control and you also may not state what another person is doing. This may seem like a small thing but it can be quite an annoyance when someone decides how their actions are going to affect your character.

For instance: Say your character is running down a flight of stairs and is unable to control him/herself enough to stop when you see someone before you. You cannot state that you run right into them (because that would be taking away their choice of action, free will and reaction time, see?) You can simply state that you are "heading right for them" and then they get to choose what happens on their end of things.

* The only exception to this rule is that you can say that you run into a situational NPC that you have created - such as a janitor cleaning the hallway.

11 - At the end of any character profile you make, place the following quote "I understand the rules, that I do." This allows me to know that you read the rules.

12 - You need not wait for approval to begin role play after your profile is posted. But please make any changes to your profile that is requested of you, as needed.

Here's what Afanassii looks like:

Taken; claimed by the great Transcendence.
Afanassii

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote        
Creating a Character:
The following is a list of information needed on your character profile. Please fill it out and post it here.

Profile Skeleton:

Username: self explanatory

Character's name: Also pretty self explanatory. Try to take care to give your character a name that suits their race/where they came from.

Gender: Post your character's physical sex (in any way you see fit to discribe it) as well as their sexual orientation. I do not require a simple "boy/girl, gay/straight" title because I am well aware that there is a huge amount of gray area between these.

Age: The ages available for an adventurer depend mostly on your character's race)

Race: Elan, Elementalist, Elf, Sekassiret,, Mountainfolk, Outsider

Class: Either one of those listed above, none or a class from your home world (IF you are an outsider)

Region of origin: You can list one of the 3 main countries as your home, or just a general region (Northern Arctic, equatorial, desert...) and a bit about what your family/clan is like.

Physical Description: An actual description would be nice, but you are welcome to use an image as well.

Biography: Family, friends, a brief recounting of your character's life experiences thus far. General attitudes for other races/religions/etc would also be a good thing to add. As well as your character's likes and dislikes.

Other: Any other pertinent information not covered above.

Code:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character's name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race[/b]
[b]Class[/b]
[b]Region of origin[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

** AGAIN - Do NOT post your profiles here. **

Afanassii

Character Profiles:

Quote:

Username:Afanassii
Character's name:Kiril Afanassii Abez'iana
He is attracted to both males and females but would only be in a relationship with a female due to social rules.
Race Sekassiret
Class Entertainer/Bard minor skill in piloting and tinkering
Region of origin земля свободный
Physical Description:
Afanassii is tall, lithe and quite feminine in appearance. He has extremely long hair that trails down past his bottom; it is all red, save for his bang area which is pure white. His eyes are a steel-gray/blue. He wears an odd combination of old-fashioned and modern clothing that he has mostly made himself. He tends to wear goggles and long coats, his trademark coat is a long blue duster with black faux-fur trim. He is one of the rarer males that has spinnerets at his wrists.
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/midorikumo/My%20Art/img488.jpg http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/midorikumo/My%20Art/img490.jpg http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/midorikumo/Randomness/Junk_series__41__by_cat_cat.jpg http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/midorikumo/Randomness/Malice_by_cat_cat.jpg (Credit to the artist: last two are by CatCat on deviantart)
Biography:Bio: I think that posting a link to my character's bio would be better than writing it all here... because it is reeealy long: http://midorea.com/adr_character.php?u=1366

*Though I should note that this is his bio as written for Midorea.
Other: Nassii speaks with a thick russian-like accent and is eloquent, generous, curteous, curious and... a bit of a flirt.

He has 7 sisters and a single younger brother in the Abez'iana clan. All of these are available to play, if you would like to play one of Nassii's siblings. The only stipulations: His 3 oldest sisters are married and his brother is homosexual. He has 1 more older sister and 3 younger ones.

He also has several cousins that are within the clan, so if you want to play an Abez'iana and not one of his siblings, that would work out as well.

Maeve wrote:
Username: Maeve

Character's name: Alena "Ale" Silverspine

Gender: Female // Bi, with a stronger attraction for women, which she will however rarely show due to her somewhat shy nature

Race Elementalist (Air)

Class Entertainer // Mercenary // Bodyguard

Region of origin Kingdom of Balance

Physical Description: Alena is about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weigh around 135 pounds, making her look like an average, somewhat slim girl. She has pale blueish grey eyes and long wavy pale blond air going just a little under her waist, with some locks almost always falling in her face. Her skin is of a pale bronze shade, tanned by the hot sun of the plain where she was born. The Silverspine's name comes from a genetic particularity, giving all the members of this family a long white stripe along the spine that shines like silver under the moonlight. Though it is usually a simple line, some people have rather complicated pattern and it is said that the pattern can change during the life of the individual. Ale's stripe looks like a simple chain of circles, ranging from around three to one inches in diameter. The chain starts at the base of her hair and goes all the way down to her butt, the circles diminishing in size as you go down. Ale doesn't have much muscular strength, but like most other Air Elementalists, she is quite agile and quick. She wears a lot of different clothing depending of what she is doing and what her clients want. Though, when she is not working, she will usually be seen wearing a simple white cotton shirt with a long pale skirt, always wearing leggings under it in case she needs to change quickly. She doesn't wear too many accessories and tied her air in a simple ponytail, or whatever fits the best with the place where she is. She always carries two small knives with her, each being tied to her legs in a small leather casing.

Biography: Alena comes from a small clan of Air Elementalists living in the plains of the Kingdom of Balance. Like all the people of her clan, she was taught about elemental magic at a very young age. She was an average student, which was a bit of a curiosity to the village Elders, because she comes from one of the most powerful Elementalists families, the Silverspine. The truth is, Ale just loves daydreaming and concentrating on things for a long time is really hard for her. And since most of the youngsters training is strictly based on concentration, well, you know... Except for that, her young life was pretty normal, with nothing important to report. When she reached the age of 18 years old, she was asked to leave the village to go on a knowledge quest. This was a special ritual where the youth of the village needed to leave and travel through the world, getting to know and understand it more than whatever they could have learnt by staying in the clan's village. Of course, it was also one of the reason why the clan was so small, since a lot of the young adults don't come back from that journey, either because they just couldn't or have found a better life somewhere. Alena started by going to Converse. There, she picked a job as a waitress in a small restaurant, which she kept for about a year. It gave her a chance to learn more about the town and she heard some pretty interesting stories. However, she knew that this wouldn't be much help in her quest, so after a year, she left her job and enlisted herself in a local entertainer guild. She proposed her service mostly to serve as company for wealthy people during travels, hoping that this would lead her in more interesting places. Unfortunately, she didn't have much luck up to now, having only met with random customers.

Ale doesn't have any strict opinion about the other races. She know that even if some races are renamed for acting a certain way, each individual still get to choose how he wants to act. She is rather curious and will spend a lot of her time looking around for funny things to study and new things to learn. Though, since she just can't concentrate for long, her mind often skips from things to things before she had got a chance to really understand them. She can seem a bit shy at first, because she doesn't talk a lot. In fact, she doesn't really like to talk, but she will listen carefully to whatever is being said around her. As carefully as she can, that is. However, she had always love a good pint of beer, or two, or three... and her character can change dramatically after a couple of drinks. She is trained in air elemental magic and has some basic fighting skills, thought she tends to show it as little as possible.

Likes: laying in the grass, animals, flowers, stormy weather, traditional meals from her clan, dancing under the moon, girls, storytellers, beer...

Dislikes: idiots, people who think they are better than other, spiders, concentrating on something, people who talk too much, her old waitress outfit, perverts (or at least people who show their pervertedness to much), small spaces, ...

Other: will see if I can find something...

Transcendence wrote:

Username: Transcendence
Character's name: Tran/Transcendence
RaceShe is human as far as she knows. However, Tran has some abilities that may indicate she has some other race mixed in as well.
ClassTran is an outsider. She is a lower, middle class woman where she is from. She lives on her own, so she doesn't have much in the way of wealth, but she has a nice farm with lots of land.
Region of origin Midorea, not far from where the lotus festival took place.
Physical Description:Tran is short in stature only five feet one inches with her sandals on. She has light blonde golden hair and emerald green eyes that can seem to pierce a person's soul. She has normally a pale skin color, but where she lives she often is working outside with animals, so her skin can be tanned at times. She is generally seen wearing simple dresses from the middle ages of the human era. The dresses normally lace up the front. Around her neck hangs a necklace that Nassii gave her that appears to be a spider's web of some sort; it indicates that she is a friend of Nassii's family. In her ears are two ear rings made of a material that changes color with whatever she is wearing. These were also a gift from Nassii. Additionally, one thing most people don't know that Tran's hair changes color when she is experiencing intense emotions. Tran hasn't really experienced much in the way of emotions that caused this to happen, so it hasn't happened much in her life. Her hair just turned black when her step sister left taking all of Tran's money for her wedding. Not much is known about this trait yet.
Biography:
Her birth mother died giving birth to Tran, so not much is known about Tran's mother. Her father never wished to talk much about her. Tran always felt an empty spot in her heart where her mother could have been. Tran was raised by her step mother. Tran's step mother married her father because of convenience mostly as opposed to love. Tran's father and step mother died from a strange unknown disease when she was a young teenager. Her step sister took what money they had not long after and ran off to marry a rich man leaving Tran with just the farm and very little to live on.

Tran lived alone until the Lotus festival at Midorea. There she met Afanassii and Jay. Tran is normally a very shy girl, but wanting a change from her loneliness she makes quick friends of the two men. Tran is attracted to Nassii, but can't let herself love him because he cannot love her in return. She wants to travel with Nassii.(which is probably why she is here)

Tran has the gift of being able to for friendships with animals in a way that most can't. Animals come to her for help and she can heal them. She is able to heal humans as well, but she is not as good at acting comfortably around them. Sometimes people can think she is rude because she has lived alone and been secluded for so long that she doesn't know how to act around people.

Tran is a very loving person and can be very motherly when she feels like it or when people or animals are in need. She feels lonely in her life and hopes to one day marry someone. Deep in her heart she hopes it will be Nassii, but it is something she keeps well hidden from everyone. She promised Nassii that she would keep her heart open to others as long as he takes her on adventures, but it would take a lot of work to sway her from Nassii.

Other: If provoked, Tran can and will speak her mind. Her mouth can get away with her if a subject is touched on that really gets her riled up. This is very uncommon however. This seems to be linked also to her hair change trait in some unknown way.

x_lilmissNINJA_x wrote:

Username: x_lilmissNINJA_x
Character's name: Alice Vale AKA "Wonder"
Race: Outsider
Class: Tinker//Thief//Time Twister
Region of origin: (First Appeared in this area. Has no known orgional location.) Kingdom of Balance
Physical Description: Alice stands about 5 feet, 4 inches tall and only weighs a tiny 115 pounds. She has a petite, athletic build, and although doesn't look like much, is quite a strong and agressive person. Bright red hair is messily cropped to her shoulders, like she just chopped off the ends with a knife. (She probably did) Her eyes are bright, lime green, narrowed and quizzical, as if constantly searching for true intentions. Alice seems to talk with a strange, foriegn accent, but no one can fathom where from. She only ever is seen in a plain white shirt and simple brown overalls, a pair of grease stained goggles on her head. Chunky black boots that seem held together with almost nothing but string are loosely tied to her feet. Sometimes, she wears a brown cap, but only if she feels the need to. People seem to find this unacceptable. She doesn't care why and does it anyways.
Then again, it seems as if she never cares.
She can usually be seen on a motorcycle of sorts, one a bit more complex and ornate than what might usually be seen.
It also makes alot more noise than it should. Probably for the attention.
Alice
Bike
Biography:
Alice appeared out of nowhere, and at times seems to dissaper back into it.
In this place, she was not known until several months ago.
Her origions are a planet called Hetrea, where she was a very important, young political figure for a short time. But she got bored of it and used the ability she had had since childhood to escape. The ability to move through space and time at will. She can always find her way back to a place she has been, but usually chooses only to return if she likes it.
She does not have many friends here, but doesn't mind since it isn't her world anyways.
She just lives in it.
Other: No one EVER messes with Alice. Under penalty of death. This is known to anyone who has ever met her, even if just once.

Maverik wrote:

Username: Maverik
Character's name: Jarren
Race: Outsider: Artificially Augmented Human
Class: Outsider: Black Hand Chameleon // Closest Equivalent: Warrior/Tinkerer
Region of origin: Outsider: Alternate Earth (2001 CE)
Physical Description:
http://tinyurl.com/pkzvnf
Command and Conquer is a trademark of EA and EALA.

Hardly an imposing man, out of uniform, Jarren stands at an average 5'11". His messy black hair is rarely tended to, as it is nearly always covered by his combat helmet. The same holds true for his jet black eyes, their piercing gaze masked by the unfeeling visor that has become his second skin.

The black hand was lithe, rather than burly, a trait well suited for his tactical role as an infiltrator. His thin, nimble body was fit, and devoid of any indication that he was anything other than a perfectly normal human being. Of course, he knew better.

Almost always garbed in his combat suit, the man seemed more alien than human, his pitch black armour akin to an insect's exoskeleton. The visor he carried was not any better, the red composite glass obscuring his face, replacing it with a smooth crimson plate.

Biography:
Jarren hailed from a world much different from this one. It was there that he belonged to one of the two superpower factions, fighting in the name of the self-acclaimed messiah.

The man was of the Black Hand, part of an elite fighting force that carried out precise tasks too sensitive for the standard military force. Their members boasting an exceptional aptitude in combat and infiltration, as well as the crucial ability to survive for months on end behind enemy lines, it was little wonder that the Black Hand was considered one of the most important aspect of their faction.

This power vied against the other for dominance of the world, the bloody conflict between the two sides vast and eternal... Though there was little to dominate.

The world was slowly being ravaged by an alien compound, dubbed "Tiberium" by the factions of the world. This Tiberium was a valuable resource, as it leeched the valuable minerals from the earth into its crystalline body, ready to be harvest with little effort. At the same time, though, it was the single-most deadliest thing to ever contact Earth.

Of course, that was a story for another time.

Jarred's fate was sealed the moment he was enlisted to test a new transportation system utilizing a science far beyond people's understanding. Unfortunately, this experimental method proved too unstable, and with a single flash of light, the man was deemed lost.

Other: With his transition into this world, much of Jerran's equipment has been rendered obsolete. His advanced stealth suit was reduced to little more than an intimidating armour, and much of his specialized tools were as useful as scrap metal. However, he is far from helpless.

Most of his weapons are functional, and have been slightly modified to suit the nature of this world. Additionally, Jarren himself possess the skill and knowledge necessary to maintain his weapons, and the strange nature of this world seemed to preserve the visage of the infiltrator's armour indefinitely, the metallic hue never losing its alien luster.

Neffable wrote:

Username: Neffable
Character's name: Omaka Sonnen
Race: Elf
Class: Ship Captain, both water and air. She currently makes her living on the water, preferring the scenery. She could also be considered a Tinker, as she knows how to repair the ships she works on.
Region of origin: Omaka was born in the Kingdom of Balance and currently resides there, but she spent a few years in the Consilium Regnum for schooling.
Physical Description: Omaka reaches only five feet and six inches tall, what she considers short for any race. She weighs a healthy one hundred and thirty-five pounds, but with her small frame she doesn't look quite as skinny as she could, which is something she is happy for. She does, however, have mildly muscular arms and legs, which, she claims, come with the job. Vehicles like to fight back. Her eyes are of a lighter grey colour, something that doesn't really stand out on her dark, browned skin. Her hair is a natural black, with not a blue shine in it. She always keeps it cut short, more for ease and convenience than for any fashion statement. Her ears are extremely long and tall, and stick out from her face, approximately the same width from ear tip to ear tip as from shoulder to shoulder.

It's very rare to find the Captain out of her self-designed uniform, made entirely of blues and purples, with small amounts of white. She wears a white, button up shirt with a dark, dusty purple neck tie, all tucked into a steel blue, double brested vest with purple buttons. On top of this she wears a dark purple, frontal clasping shoulder cape, usually left unfastened. On the front of this cape, on the left side she wears her airship pilot wings, whether she is operating an airship or not. She wears white pants and dark blue riding-style boots. Always atop her head is her captains hat. The cap is dark steel blue, the brim and front is a lighter blue with a purple band on the upper part of the corner formed by the brim protruding.

She has her uniform a few times in her closet, and doesn't have much in the way of casual clothes, as she rarely gets to wear them. When she does get the chance, however, she can be found wearing loose shirts and slacks or, in cases of formality, elaborate dresses still following the blue and purple theme. (The only thing she would attend formally would be on behalf of her business as a pilot, so it made sense to keep with her crew's colors.)

Omaka doesn't care much for make up, though will paint her lips a dark red just to make them stand out a little.

Captain Sonnen
Airship Wings
Biography: Omaka was born in a more southern area of the Kingdom of Balance to two dark skinned elf parents. She grew up in the same tropical area, quickly developing a fondness for swimming and helping her father at work. Her mother was a housewife and her father worked at a local garage as a mechanic for land vehicles. She picked up a lot of what she knew just by watching, and when she was still just a child it wasn't uncommon for her to get up in the morning and walk to the garage with her father to help him repair bikes and other small vehicles.

She was always very career-minded and constantly thinking. While she was slow at learning school materials and couldn't memorise factual information for anything, but hands on learning and learning based on empirical evidence of her own she absorbed like a sponge. She just escaped completely failing school and never absorbed a mind for numbers, but half way through her basic schooling as she approached her teens she made the decision to move to the Consilium Regnum to enroll in a specialty school. After much begging and pleading (including the argument that the Elan are obviously smarter and must provide better schooling) her parents let her and she packed her bags.

At fifteen, Omaka was working to become one in the top ten of her class at an engineering school, finally getting to branch out from motorcycles and civilian vehicles to working with large boats and ocean liners and the most beautiful airships she could ever hope to put her hands on. In few years she graduated with all the information she could want to know about ships of all types and civilian vehicles, but she still decided there was more.

She decided to extend her stay by a year more to take multiple classes a day toward getting pilotting licenses. She achieved this goal fast and when she got her air pilot wings, she clipped them to her shirt and she couldn't imagine a day without them. She took small jobs the rest of the year to pay her way back to her home town, where she was met by proud parents.

Omaka didn't stay long, and after only a week of getting back on her feet at home she rushed out toward the docks and hangars around the town looking for work, and for years worked as a basic mechanic and eventually a pilot for privately owned vessels to save up enough to buy her own ship.

She purchased a nice ocean liner to carry two hundred people - an average amount at the time - and was the only boat she's owned in the many years of running her own business, offering transportation and luxury. She makes constant rounds from port to port, some people staying the whole way others constantly boarding and leaving. Omaka's main goal formed in her head, to keep her business going as long as she was able to stand behind the wheel. As far as she was ever concerned, the passenger is always right. Just calling herself Captain was her luxury.
Other: Omaka was for a long time an only child, with her most recent docking at the northern most port in the Kingdom of Balance, she recieved a letter explaining that her mother would soon be giving birth to another child and has since reschedule her route accordingly. While no one could love their job as much as Captain Sonnen, she looks forward to the break she'll be taking to help out her mother.

Afanassii

Description of the settings
There are six kingdoms, but only three of which conduct trade regularly. They are the following:
1) Consilium Regnum (the rule of Wisdom) the largest of all kingdoms, it is ruled by Elan, though they allow all races within their borders and deem them necessary (at least in this kingdom) to run a well-balanced country effectively.
2) земля свободный (rough translation: "Freeland") This is a country run only by Sekassiret. It is the only place that these people can roam without suffering serious prejudice. It is one of the smaller kingdoms yet no one tries to invade due to fear and misunderstanding of the race and their secrets.

3)The Kingdom of Balance is lead by a representative from all native races, this is strictly enforced since the goal of this community is to achieve its name. The land is conveniently proportioned large enough to threaten the confidence of the Consilium and even more conveniently located, surrounded by mountains on one side, the great forest on another, the Consilium to the north and the great ocean to the western side. The Kingdom of Balance has the largest singular city in the world, a port city named Converse.

Balance is the leading area for all the world's technology. The airships are mostly built in Converse and they have a port reserved on the north eastern side of town for them.

Important Areas in Converse:
1. The port. - here the airships are made and stored.
2. The shopping district. - Since Converse is so large, items can be found from around the world here.
3. The guildshops. - Contractors and their apprentices can be found here. A large public park has been sponsored by the guildshops and is placed in the center.
4. The hall forums. This is where the government is based. There are many halls for different aspects of governing and a large town square with a large clockwork fountain and food stands.
5. The Docks - simply put, this is the water port-side of Converse.

*Converse, and the surrounding areas, will be where our role play (in this thread) takes place.

If you would like to start another thread in another area, feel free to. I will help set it up as much as I can. 1x1 threads are also allowed and encouraged if you want them.

Afanassii

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote        
**I deem this RP OPEN!**

Afanassii arrived in Converse with a strange hissing sound followed by a tiny pop. He needn't worry about when and where he arrived because the people of this grand city were somewhat used to those who traveled the way that he did. Still, he was courteous enough to land in an out-of-the-way spot near the airship docks.

The glimmering mist settled around him and he set about to finding the transportation Guildshoppe, in order to check in and find where the matriarchs of his family were at the time.

It was about a 20 minute walk through the city to get from the docks to the guildhouses, but Converse was a beautiful town so there was plenty to look at to pass the time. The archetexture of the docking district was like the classic Spain of earth, a world much traveled to in days of the past. Other areas showed the bulbous rooftops and towers of the russian-inspired Freeland and yet other sections had the large houses with pointed rooftops and porches that sprawled lazily around half the house, and each of these lent its part to the ecclectic charm that the city held.

And so, Afanassii always enjoyed his walks through the city, when he could offord them. He nodded at aquaintences that he passed and gave a knowing smile at the come-hither looks of those who knew him better than they should.

He took in a big breath of air and let it go in a dramatic sigh. "It is a shame. It is too nice of a day to ruin by dealing with my family..." He clicked his heels together and stood up straight, resolving himself. "But I must do what I must do. Miss Transcendence is relying on me." With that in mind, he turned the last corner and entered the glorious guildhouse district.

x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quote        
(Can we reply now? Yes?)

A small looking woman on a very large motorbike roared down the street, her eyes narrowed under bronze goggles.

She knew that this was more of a pedestrian district, and she wasn't actually allowed to be riding so fast, but she weaved through people and hugged the walls of the building all the same, going much faster than any vehicle in this area normally would have been able to.
When Alice reached the area where the guilds usually were, she raced. Someone had left a wooden plank propped on an angle against a rock, like a ramp. She revved her engine, going off it with a clang.

Wings on the side of her bike shot open, held up by the hot exhaust from the enginel, and she suddenly disappered, returning barely a moment later and landing easily in the middle of the street, her bike screeching to a stop. It quickly folded back into itself a like a puzzle, the metal clanging to it's origional position. A few people came up and yelled at Alice for being reckless and speeding. She stood there and took it for all of about 5 seconds, then hopped back on her bike and slowly took off to go to the docks to pick up what she had placed and order for a few weeks ago.

(Is this alright? If it's not, I'll change it.)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quote        
(No, that's fine.)

"Well, that's one way to make an entrance." Nassii said after taking in the spectacle of the flying motorbike and its small rider. He let a small whistle out of his mouth and shook his head. If important business wasn't on his mind at the moment, he certainly would do whatever it would take to track the strange visitor down. His inquiring mind tugged at his actions, but he was able to subdue his curiosity for the time being and focus on the task at hand.

He gave a sigh and shrugged his curiosity away - for now. "Perhaps.... when I'm done. Before I leave I can try to find her." he thought, casually noting that she went in the direction of the docks.

Walking up the road, he entered into a square surrounded by grand victorian-style buildings. At the center was an ornate fountain framed by boxes of trim little flowers and a few benches. He stood by the fountain and turned, looking about the square. Some of these buildings were near-identical so he wanted to be sure of which one to head to.

"There." he thought, "The DOT." He trotted straight through to the Guild hall of the Department of Transportation and up the stairs on its pillared porch. The door swung open easily, triggering a tiny jingling of a bell that it rubbed against as well as a greeting from the elderly door watch.

"Greetings!" The old man said, his tiny eyes nearly closed by the appearance of his smile. He adjusted his glasses and leaned forward, studying Nassii. "I take it you are here to ask of your Uncle or some other family member."

He stood up on rickety knees and gave a polite nod. "I'll go fetch someone to aid you. Be back in a moment - have a seat if you like."

Nassii didn't sit, though. He watched the old man walk through a side door and waited somewhat nervously for his return. He tapped his foot repeatedly and played with a lock of his hair to pass the time.

(Anyone can jump in at any time. You can start your RP in a different part of the city or just come in to where Nassii is at the time and he will interact with you)

*(Also - I recently got a job so I probably wont' be online as much as before)

Transcendence

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote        
((haha Tran is still waiting for something to happen))

I am looking for art for my character. I will be willing to pay.

On gaia I am xxtaintedlips - I dont go on there much though.
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:00 am Reply with quote        
Ale woke up in the little room she was renting above a store of the shopping district. She was late, as always, and her head was badly feeling the effect of the last evening. Since she didn't have any customer yesterday, she had gone to a new nightclub with a bunch of other entertainers. Those kind of places were quite popular among the entertainers and the youth of Converse and she wanted to know why. It was nice, with strong music, flashing lights and alcohol. But she had probably taken too much beer, and now her body was suffering from it.

She sat in her bed and reached her hand to the side table, opening the drawer and grabbing a little bottle full of gooey green liquid. She uncorked it and the strong scent of herbs of the mixture got to her nose. It was bad, and she knew it, but at least it was an efficient cure for hangovers. She took a deep breath and threw a sip of the bottle's content down her throat, a large grimace of disgust appearing immediately on her face. Gosh! It's worst than I remembered, she thought, breathing deeply to prevent throwing up.

After a minute or two, she got up from her bed and walk slowly to the bathroom. Her cure was starting to work, but she knew she would only really feel the effects in an hour or so. She sighed and looked herself in the mirror. Her hair was a mess and she looked like she hasn't slept in days. She pored a little water in the sink and threw it in her face, hoping that it would help her to wake up. She then took a brush and attempted to replace her hair in their common ponytail, before dressing up in her usual white clothes.

She exited her room and locked the door, going down the stair to the alley behind the store. She walked a little, feeling suddenly relief by the fresh air brushing her skin. She walked down the road to a little restaurant where she grabbed something to eat. After finishing her light breakfast, she gently stretched herself and started to run in the crowded streets, trying to reach the entertainers' guild as fast as possible. She knew she didn't have any meeting this morning, but it was always bad to be late at work anyway. Plus, a little run would do her some good and erase the leftovers of her last partying night, now that the cure was starting to really work.

Afanassii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quote        
Nassii's uncle was an imposing figure, tall, dark and possessing most of the more monstrous traits of his kin. He was also a bit more willful than Nassii would have preferred him to be and they never got along very well on their own. "Afanassii.... Your mother is not here." His uncle hissed, with a sneer that wafted rather bad breath with it.

Nassii tried not to make a distasteful face in return and managed to keep a pleasant demeanor. "Uncle Offerey," He greeted with a bow, "Thank you, but I was hoping to access the telegraph. I'm afraid I don't have time to travel to Freeland, a friend is awaiting my return back on Midorea. If I could contact the matron remotely, I could be on my way again quick."

Offerey looked Nassii over and ended his inspection with a shrug. He muttered something unintelligible before turning and motioning over his shoulder for his nephew to follow him.

Soon, the red-haired Abez'iana was escorted through the DOT Guild house behind-the-scenes areas. The first of which was a pully-run system of chutes where a handful of workers sorted mail. Most of these were transport requests, Nassii noted easily by the stamp and size of the envelope.

Turning a corner, he came into a smaller room where a pair of small Mountainfolk set tapping on a metal and wood contraption. Offerey tapped one on the shoulder, "E'scuse me, Gnarfle. This here is a nephew of mine who'd like to contact his mother." he moved in closer and raised a hand to his mouth as if to cover up what he was to say next, though Nassii could hear it perfectly well, "One o' the ones who refuse a telephone as of yet. Prefers to do things the 'old tried n' true way.' " They exchanged a chuckle before Gnarfle responded in a small, jovial voice, "Well, I have no complaints. Without those of her mind, I'd likely be out of a job."

Offerey didn't take the rebuttal as politely as it was given, though he moved back and out of the way without causing any interruption. Gnarfle hopped down off of his stool and handed Nassii a paper, "Now, if you would just fill out this form, sir, I can send your message right quickly then." He smiled and waited patiently, with hands crossed neatly, for the few moments it took for Nassii to fill in the questionnaire.

Nassii handed it back with a sort of curios, smirk of adoration - it wasn't often that anyone stood up to Uncle Offerey. It took a few moments for Gnarfle to punch in the necessary information - he hit the keys at an incredibly fast rate - when he was through he spun on the stool to face Nassii again. "Mr. Abez'iana, I've sent it through. A response time depends upon the speed of the tele receivers in Free-" Just then, a machine nearby sprung to life, mechanical hammers striking a strip of paper that it fed out like tape.

Gnarfle hobbled over to it and collected the tape in his hands just before it was about to start draping onto the floor. He made a face that showed he was duly impressed and raised his eyebrows at Nassii. "Dear sir, " he began, reading the line of text with more speed than interest. "Please inform mister Abez'iana that his grandmother is currently present at the Freeland Transport office for matters of her own. She has stated that she has no opinion on his obtaining a passenger on his next trip back home, but she would rather he did not visit the estate for the time being. And his mother reminds him, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Gnarfle cleared his throat. "End line." he finished by pursing his lips, he was hardly hiding his confusion at the last line though.

"It means that they will get sick of me if I hang about and I will be a nuisance." He told the Mountainfolk with a smile, tossing him a bright coin for his work.

Afterward, Offerey quickly ushered Nassii out without many words and made certain to make more noise by the slamming of the door behind him than was made by either of them in the time within the Guild house.

Nassii didn't mind and his Uncle's behavior didn't change his smile in the least. He had obtained permission to bring Transcendence back with him. It was as simple as that.

x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quote        
After an hour, Alice was on her way back to her shop.
'Why is it so far?'
She was coming back from the docks with a very delicate package, and her shop was almost all the way across town. She would just jump there, but she wasn't sure if it would be good for the item at all, her teeth usually rattled afterwards.

She was going very slowly, just fast enough so the bike didn't fall over on her and so that it kept moving. She had narrowed her eyes to the road, watching for holes and bumps and people. Becuase any could be potentially damaging.

"Rare jeweled stink beetles for ah prank clock....Who knew I'd ever getta request like this..." Alice muttered, slowly shifting the box in front of her so it didn't fall and at the same time trying to keep the bike from tipping onto her, which could very well cut off a limb.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:12 pm Reply with quote        
((yay, I will be able to join soon.))

Afanassii

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote        
He left right on the spot, his fingers running all too easily through the necessary routine.

Only a few moments later, there was a loud pop and shimmering dust fell about the area just west of the docks as the young Abez'iana appeared with his Midorean guest.

"My lady," he said, bowing. "I give you Converse, head city of the kingdom of Balance." He was expecting that Transcendence would be more taken with the city than anything but so used to world-hopping was he that his physical adaptions to the world often slipped his mind.

However, back on his home world, his appearance clearly showed his race. when Transcendence looked upon her friend once again, she would see his tiny, black horns sprouting from the top sides of his head, fangs and the oddly-separated pupils of the Sekassiret.

Looking about him with a smile he went on. "The city is grand. I will show you around with time. You'll just have to tell me what interests you most, Miss Transcendence."

Transcendence

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:16 am Reply with quote        
Tran looked at Nassii and giggled. She was oddly not in the least surprised to see his appearance. She reached up, on her tiptoes, to touch one of his horns lightly with her finger tip. Then her eyes moved down to his eyes. There she lingered curiously.

"You could pass for evil Nassii, if I didn't know any better!", she laughed.

She suddenly felt dizzy. She put her hand to her head. It came back her her now. Nassii, holding her close and shielding her eyes. She sighed. She had arrived in one piece, though it was quite a bit faster than she had expected.

Tran took Nassii's hand comfortably and looked around, "As for what interests me most, I couldn't really say, I dont know where I am."

Afanassii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quote        
Nassii was surprised to see her touch his horn the way she did but happy that they didn't bother her much. "Evil?!" he responded, pouting. He let it go when he saw her reaction to the trip. He put an arm around her and looked deeper into her eyes. "How about we just take a moment to sit for a while, hmmm?"

He motioned toward a bench nearby, propped on the outside of a low brick wall next to the docks.