Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Music & Lyrics
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Afanassii

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:15 pm Reply with quote        
I'm addicted to Pandora. I love the fact that you can just plunk in a song or band and they'll keep trying to send out other stuff that they think you'll enjoy.

Kasumi and I listen to it a lot while doing homework.

Here's what Afanassii looks like:

Taken; claimed by the great Transcendence.
Bound

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:56 am Reply with quote        
I've never heard of Pandora radio before. What is it?
Nikki

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote        

I used to listen to Pandora religiously, until I moved to the middle of no where and my only internet options was dial-up or satellite. Then I quickly found out that satellite is shit when my internet was cut off for nearly 2 months because of me listening to Pandora every hour of every day.

@Bound; http://www.pandora.com
    Check it out. It's a predictive internet radio. You enter an artist/song and they add songs/artists/genre close to that artist/song and you listen through them. Giving thumbs up on songs you enjoy (thus adding more music to the station) or thumbs down on songs, taking them off your list and weeding out the kind of music you're not interested in.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:39 pm Reply with quote        
Apparently I can't listen, being outside the US. Thank you for the link and explanation though. :) It sounds like a more interactive version of listening to music via Last.fm...
Gwendlyne

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote        
I used to listen to it constantly when I was using Opera browser. I stopped though because the widget i had kept freezing. >.<
Afanassii

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quote        
Aw.... FAIL. Sucks that you have to be in the US for it, I didn't even realize. Sad

Here's what Afanassii looks like:

Taken; claimed by the great Transcendence.
Berlin

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote        
I like Pandora, but it is not always correct for me. I usually end up using all of my skips for the hour real quick. But I has helped me find new artists that I do enjoy.
riddle.me.this

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:38 am Reply with quote        
i love pandora, my MSI station is fantastic, it plays all my favourite metal and industrial

I want one of the element cloaks from the event, but didn't get enough lotus blooms in time. Someone make me an offer?
emily3853

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote        
i listen to pandora almost every day its awesome especially my forever the sickest kids station
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:14 pm Reply with quote        
Pandora is awesome and all, but I like last.FM better.

For example:

I wanted some a Capella music, so I went to Pandora and typed in "King's Singers", a famous a Capella group. After the single King's Singers song (one of my favorites to boot), I listened to five more tracks. NONE of them were A Capella.

I went to last.FM, and they had a "tag" radio, where I could look up an a Capella radio and not hear an instrument!

Don't get me wrong. I use Pandora. If you are looking for specific styles, though, I'd suggest other places. For general listening, though, it's great.

Ashlen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:10 am Reply with quote        
I freaking love pandora. I always like to have some kind of background music while I'm doing whatever around the house, so I listen to it all the time. I kept hitting my 40 hours every month so I finally sucked it up and paid for Pandora one, and it's certainly worth it.

No time limit, better quality music, and I don't have to have a browser open since it lets you have a downloadable player.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote        
Actually listening to it right now, cause I got a new laptop and I'm too lazy to move my music over because my other comp's a Mac and the whole iTunes thing...
I'm listening to the "20th Century Radio" right now. Which is modern classical music. Which is strange because I'm about the only person I know who doesn't play an instrument and listens to classical(and opera).
Wait, I have a 40 hour limit? Doesn't matter because I only listen to it about once a week. XP

TGPretender

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote        
I tend to use Slacker radio, but I think I'll give Pandora a try Smile
Ginger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote        
I started using Pandora last summer sometime. I forgot my old account, so I had to make a new one, but I do love it. I've found some really good music by listening.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, I love pandora radio! It is a really great way to find out about new music! Also, it is good for when my ipod is dead and I cannot find the charger! Smile