Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:15 pm Reply with quote        
((Ouh, right, must not forget this place...))

Kat looked at what Wallace was pointing. At least, now that the rain was off, she could see something... and what was that? A village? She didn't remember hearing anything about people still living in the area, as the few nearby towns had been raided so many time by bandits that everyone had left, or died... But the little shacks and the light coming from them indicated that the place was still alive. A nice smile appeared on her face as the thought of warmth, shelter and food rose through her mind. With a little luck, the people there would welcome them and be nice...

If no human town remains in the area, don't you wonder who lives there? her brain suddenly whispered. Right, there was no way to know who were those people, and far lesser chance that they would welcome strangers in their homes... But there was no other real option, as the night was getting colder and staying there would make them easy targets for beasts, bandits and cold.

SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quote        
((Ha ha! And after it died, who was the last one who posted? Me!! BWAHAHAAHAHA!! The RP Destroyer strikes again!!))

Scythe gazed in the direct Wallace pointed as the rain faded, seeing the village with its flickering lights and temptation of dry, warm places to rest. But not for him. No, Scythe knew better. There was no sense in him running towards the village in hope and joy at the promise of shelter. But just because he couldn't enter didn't mean he would ruin it for the rest of the group...

"It, uh, looks like some shelter at least. Maybe the chief of the village will welcome you?" He offered a smile, but his chest felt heavy. To be welcomed...that would be a nice feeling. "I think, though, I will just stick around on the outskirts. I'm used to sleeping outside anyways!" The Dramidae offered a little grin, his tail giving a flick. "Hell, I even love the mud!" He said jokingly, his grin growing a bit wider.

Beautiful artwork by Aaya-Tan! The character Frey Malik belongs to SasorizaKitty.
glimpse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote        
((LOL KITTY! After we heal up/rest up, the RP should go smoothly again. :3 Originally I had Wallace talk to that guy, but I want to give someone else a chance to make the first impression. xDD))

Wallace bit his lip, trudging forward to the town. That's right, he thought with a grunt, Who knows how they'd react to Scythe.. His conscience was heavy, remembering what he himself had thought of the Dramidae only hours before. He couldn't bear to look at him.

"You know they used to make huts out of this stuff, man." He kicked at the mud at their feet, a clod getting stuck on the tip of his shoe, "Back in ancient times, yaknow?" His grin was forced, "I read they make a real good shelter."

The huts were mere feet away now, and Wallace was still uneasy about leaving Scythe outside to fend for himself. But there wasn't really much to be done.

Outside a hut stood a man, about 5 feet tall with his back turned to the group. Wallace noted him with caution as he stopped, a shooting pain running up his side.

"Oh geeze..." His indicated the knife still lodged in his side; he still hadn't taken it out. "I can't believe I still have this thing in me!" He shook his head, chuckling. "No wonder I've been in so much pain!" But I'm not the only one... With a quick glance at the rest of them, anyone would be able to tell that they were all somewhat injured. Some worse than others of course, but all in need of a good rest.

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:59 am Reply with quote        
((Yay! A village!))

Kat looked at Wallace, suddenly noticing the knife in his side. "Don't you think it would be a good idea to take it out," she said, worried about his wound. Maybe... if they see that we are wounded and tired, they would let us rest? she thought, looking back at the village. They were close enough now to notice some people outside their hut, one man being closer to them with his back turned at them. Apparently, he had not noticed the small group of adventurers coming toward their village.

Kat looked back at the group. They were all tired and in need of a good rest. nut it was hard to predict how the villagers would welcome them, especially with Scythe. Though, she knew she didn't want to spend the night in a cozy place wondering how Scythe was doing in the cold outskirts, and the rest of the group was probably thinking the same thing. "Wait here, I'll go see how they are," she said, suddenly accelerating her pace to reach the border of the village first. It seemed really suicidal to enter the village alone, not knowing who those people where and how they would act, but for some reason, Kat thought it would be the best thing to do. After all, she was a poor but cute teenager, so appearance could always play in her favor.

She got closer to the man, her steps making some noise in the muddy path, until he finally turned to look what was approaching. Man was probably not the right term to describe him, as he was probably younger than her. "Who's there?" he said, his voice nervous but trying to look strong, holding a little wooden stick in his hands. "Hi there," Kat said with a friendly tone, getting a little closer so that the fire would completely enlighten her before she spoke again. "My name is Kat. I'm travelling with some friends. We had some troubles earlier with some bandits, and we are looking for a place to rest for the night." She pointed toward the group a little farther away, hoping the kid wouldn't go crazy at the sight of Scythe. But apparently, the strange look of the creature didn't bother him much.

"Uhm, wait a second," he said, turning his back to her and entering a nearby hut. Kat could hear some whispers, but they were not loud enough for her to understand if they were positive or negative talks. After about one minute, the kid exit the hut, followed but a tall muscled man with a thick red beard. Kat shivered a little. The man reminded her of some of the crazy mobs that had chased them from the cavern earlier. She crossed her fingers, hoping for the best. The man approached her, looking at her from toes to hair. He then made a small sign to the rest of the group, apparently telling them to come closer. "Come on! Don't be afraid!" he said with a loud but friendly voice. "Everyone's welcome here!" he added, mostly for Scythe. Kat looked back at the group, wondering if it was a good idea to do what the man was saying, waiting for the others to do something.

kerryfox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quote        
"It would be a very good idea unless he would like to succumb to a number of very painful poisons of the blood, assuming he has any left, that I can fully certify are less then pleasant." Ea said her voice rather dark.

The hiking towards the small village had finally broke the water proofing on her outer garments and the damp was ebbing at her ability to keep her temper in check.

"Good job Kat"she said as the girl approached the guard and with in a few moments obtained them a place to stay.
"Well now Wallace shall we? Knife is coming out this time or I will have Scythe sit on you and I'll do it with out any thing to numb it." She said taking the mans arm.
SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quote        
Scythe stayed quiet the entire time, frowning to himself and already pondering heading off and being alone once again. Although he had found company that could stand him and maybe even were fond of him, his presence would end up being nothing but trouble. When Kat wandered off, he watched her go, his sickle claws flexing in uncertainty. He shoudl just disappear tonight. Go off and not look back. He was going to cause problems, he just knew it.

Even when the villager motioned them closer, Scythe hesitated, watching the humans move forward first. I wish I hadn't thrown my cloak out, he thought to himself, his long ears drooping. When Ea mentioned him sitting on Wallace, Scythe had to grin at that as he eyed the older human. He was powerful, but not all that heavy after all. Shaking his head, he moved forward at the back of the ground, limping a little more visibly now. The adrenaline was gone now and the pain was there to replace it. I should, he thought to himself. Tonight, when they are all sleeping. I'll leave.

Beautiful artwork by Aaya-Tan! The character Frey Malik belongs to SasorizaKitty.
glimpse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:41 pm Reply with quote        
((NO SCYTHE NO D: Ea is so awesome, like seriously. xD Wallace is like, "lol this woman" Bouncy Heart

Wallace watched as Katalina walked up to the small village, shocked. He couldn't even utter out a warning, she was gone so fast. He chuckled shaking his head, She really is something else.

Unfortunately, the chuckle brought his mind back to the unpleasant reality of having a knife stuck in his side. He was a doctor, how did he let something like this slip by? He knew the risks of leaving it in all too well. Definitely not one of my prouder moments.

He watched from afar as a man from the huts motion them forward. Even Scythe. He had to remind himself to congratulate Katalina later on her courage.

Hearing Ea's voice, he turned to face her just as she clutched his arm. He couldn't help but grin at her incredible sternness. With most other people, the tone would've drove Wallace crazy; but with Ea, he knew she meant well. And that same feeling was there from when they first met, like she was somewhat wiser than he was.

She reminds me of my mother. Wallace thought to himself, humored at the thought.

"I guess you're right Ea. Better now or never." he smirked nonchalantly, tilting his head in the direction of the huts, "Let's go."

From the corner of his eye, he saw Scythe limping near the back of the group. He looks rough. He thought to himself as they got closer and closer to the huts. Wonder what his problem is.

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

SenselessPi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quote        
((Mr. Snowman makes his entrance. =D))

Unknowing of any outsiders approaching, Sylfaer rested peacefully in one of the village huts. He'd arrived there days before, and had paid the hut owner a good bit of money to let him lease the small place for a few days. The owner then left for God knows where, and Syflaer was all too happy to let him do just that as he slept. Sleeping was all there was to do in the village, it seemed. Not that he was complaining.

He had no other real place to be for at least three weeks, so Mr. Creske was enjoying just wandering around. He just hoped the next place he went had a great inn and inn guards who would pulverize thieves. Already he had beaten up several would-be bandits who tried to steal his money from him. Last he remembered, they were still human popsicles along one of the paths leading to the village.

Turning the bandits to ice sculptures was the reason he was so tired. He didn't like using his magic more than he needed to, but dammit, those bastards were annoying. As if he wasn't already irritable from the heat, they had the gall to try to steal from him!

With a yawn, Sylfaer hopped up from his "bed" and dug around for his wallet. It was lying under him, as it should have been, and was in tact.

"Good, now I can go get something to eat." he mumbled. He just hoped there was something cold to eat or drink. Hot food didn't sit too well with him.
kerryfox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote        
(( Welllll we need a post again to keep going I think, So every one CLEAR! *Hits RP with the Defibrillator* There we goooo ))

Patient now firmly in hand Ea allowed her self to move in side the snug room keeping her hand rather firmly on Wallace's arm. Looking about the room she spotted a stool that she pushed him towards, ordering him to sit, before dropping not only his bags but her own case. Taking only a moment to pull off her damp outer clothing she set about pulling the few things out of the case before wrinkling her nose in disdain at the lack of things, namely gauze.

Half out of habit, and partly out of need she reached for Wallace's bag in hopes of finding more gauze, her mind only half aware what she was doing. The other half had started to craft the spells and pull at the sliver of her healing powers.
glimpse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:41 am Reply with quote        
Wallace settled onto the stool, amused at Ea searching through his things looking for...what? Gauze? Luckily, he had packed plenty in his case.

Thank God for this old village. he thought to himself, his body aching from the days activities. I don't know how much longer we would'a lasted out there. He let his eyes hover away from Ea's search, a hand lingering towards the knife at his side as he began to frown.

I know for sure I saw something when we first got here...He tapped his fingers against his leg, trying to remember. Although it was past midnight, and the terrain had been cast in darkness, Wallace was almost certain he had seen some peculiar statues near the path they entered from. He had touched them, subconsciously, as they passed and was shocked at how cold they felt, almost like ice. But what kind of place puts ice pillars in front of their village? Try as he may, Wallace couldn't wrap his mind around it. Frustrated, he looked back at Ea. Maybe she saw them, too.

"Ea..." he started, "Do you remember seeing anything funny on the way over here? Some pillars or something..." he let his voice trail off, certain of how ridiculous he might sound.

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote        
Scythe had followed the others into the village, growing quieter and quieter with each step. His mind was filled with distant thoughts, and though he hovered near Wallace and Ea, his sharp eyes watching out for Kat and Rayen, he was already mentally separating himself from his human companions, forming a plan in his mind. He would simply wait until they were all asleep and sneak away. Leave a note perhaps...so they would not chase after him. Hopefully he could still remember how to write in their language...and he would simply be on his way, alone, as was his custom. What else could he do to really protect his new friends?

Lavndrdream

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:11 am Reply with quote        
I'm still here! I promise! I always seemed to be playing catch up!

Jayden followed the small group, keeping her eyes peeled for any trouble. The water didn't bother her, she wasn't actually used to being dry all the time. She was surprised that Wallace had left the knife in, but he was a man grown and she knew what proud babies men were, especially the older ones.

Some tall pillars caught her eyes. Curious, she headed toward the ice pillars. From far away, they seemed to be carvings, but as she approached them she realized they were actually frozen humans. She stopped and ran her fingers across the slick surface of the ice. She looked around curious what or who had done this.

A nearby hut drew her attention. Walking over, she stood up on tip toe and peeked into the window. She saw nothing out of the ordinary, just a guy lumbering around his hut. He probably didn't know anything about the bandit-pops.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:58 am Reply with quote        
Smaller villages were renown for possessing quaint cuisine that either charmed or disgusted travelers. Unfortunately for Sylfaer, said cuisine fit the bill for charming and disgusting at the same time. The food being cooked didn't help matters either. He could understand humans needing it heated since it destroyed germs and things that could kill them if ingested, but his kind were pretty much immune to unprepared food illnesses.

As such, he stared at the warm soup with a bit of contempt. It wasn't so much soup as it was a jelly-like substance with chunks of meat and some unidentified vegetable in it. He guessed it was better the scalding heat of the liquid would kill his taste buds and spare him what the goo must taste like than have it cold and have him taste everything in the concoction.

'I should have just asked for a sandwich.' he thought bitterly as he forced the next spoonful into his mouth. 'Why did I follow temptation?'

As he dined on the rather rancid pudding, he glanced out into the village streets. Newcomers had arrived, he noticed, but only a few.

'Hmm...perhaps I can hitch a ride, so to speak...' he wondered. 'Then again, they may not be a group at all. Hopefully they are and I won't be stuck following just one person...'
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote        
With the darkness and the rain, Kat had forgot about the knife in Wallace's side. She didn't really feel like watching Ea taking care of him. She knew how to treat wounds after all, though she had only done it on farm animals... "I'll just go... uh..." she started, when she heard the man who had greeted them called the kid she had first met. "Hey, Jake, go fetch some food for our guests!" the man said with a loud voice before going back to see what Ea was doing and if she needed any help. "I'll just go with Jake!" Kat said quickly, following the boy outside. She hoped he could give her some information about where they were, or just take her minds off the recent events. It had been quite a long day after all.

"You don't need to come with me," the younger boy said with a somewhat harsh tone, like if he thought she wasn't trusting him or something. After looking at Kat though, he added: "But I guess I could use some help. So where do you guys come from?" He was walking toward a larger hut, apparently a reserve of food or something like that. "Oh, we were part of a larger group of mercenaries, going after the bandits who are raiding this region..." Kat said while following him, hoping he would not ask her questions about her own past. "And what happen to the rest of the group?" Jake said, looking around to see if other people where coming. After all, six people would hardly make a good group to go fight tons of bandits... "Uh... they..." Kat tried to find a possible reason to explain why they were here. She didn't really want to talk about Scythe and the mobs reaction toward him, just in case the villagers would do the same. "We were attacked by bandits..." she just said, hoping it would do the trick.

"You're not lucky then," Jake said with a smile, making a small sign of the hand to the guard place in front of the larger hut's door. He wasn't sure if she had meant that the rest of the group had been killed, or that they had run away to save their own lives, but it didn't matter after all. Living in a region infested by bandits, Jake knew that the only important thing was to survive. Those who survive were right, the others were not. He entered the hut, Kat following him. "And where are you going to go now?" he asked after a long silence, taking a couple breads and what appeared to be a large ham hanging from the ceiling, handing the food to Kat. "Good question. We didn't really had the time to think about that yet," she said. In fact, she had no clue about what she was going to do. She already didn't really get why she was here, so thinking about the future was a really hard thing to do. "Anyway, you can stay here as long as you want," Jake said. The "villagers" were in fact a small group of people who had managed to survive the bandits repeated attacks and had joined together to rebuild their lives. Anyone was welcome here, as long as they show good will and proper manners.

After they had gotten plenty of fresh food, the two kids exited the storage room, making there way back to the hut where the others were in silence.

kerryfox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote        
Pulling out the gauze she made a slight face at the number of complex instruments in the bag before setting it to the side. Pulling the last of the spell together she looked at Wallace for a moment contemplating his question.
"Possible, yes, but then again I wasn't pay that much attention to the scenery" she replied, "Now hold still this will only hurt a bit; I can't close it all the way any more. Scythe, hold him if he jumps, and when I am done have him look to your leg."

Settling out next to him she took a breath, steadying her self for the task to come. Reaching her hands forward she placed them as lightly as she cold around the area of the wound and with years of practice let the first part of the spell start to weave burning first for infection and second for the tissue that had all ready started to die. Biting her lip she let the last part of the spell start, and then pulling gently at the knife letting the flesh close behind it. As she neared the top of the wound she could feel the spell slowly stopping as the power it drew upon began to give out, and in a rather quick motion she drew the knife out leaving roughly an inch unfinished.

Setting the blade aside she reached then for her kit again and pulling open several jars mixed their contents together before pressing them to a square of gauze. Pulling a needle then she made short work of the remaining opening before pressing the gauze over it and securing it in place.

Sitting back she felt the edges of her vision gray and as the door reopened with Kat her stomach gave a lurch at the smell of food.

Breathing deeply she pulled the contents of her case back together before setting it on end and using it to stand as the room swam before her eyes.
"Make him eat," she croaked "and make sure he sleeps some..." She let her voice trail off as her stomach gave another lurch and with a few slight stumbling steps as she swung the case up to her shoulder she pushed past Kat at the door. She gave the girl a slight nod before her vision grayed again and giving the last of her will pushed to the tree line. Where her lurching stomach final give up and she heaved.

Leaning against a tree her then, eyes pressed shut, as she let her breathing even out waiting for the world to come to a stop again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next