Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
glimpse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:43 am Reply with quote        
It was all Wallace could do to stop himself from jerking away from Ea's touch. But it wasn't the pain that made him jumpy, it was the sheer image he saw before his eyes.

A magic user. He was dumbfounded, disgruntled that he hadn't noticed earlier on, She's one of...those people. He shook his head, trying to focus on the pain burning through his side; an easy task since the whole ordeal hurt more than he had expected. His instinctive distrust of magic combined with his new found trust in Ea left him with conflicted emotions. He scowled, a hand hovering by his freshly 'stitched' wound, Geez. I don't want to deal with this now.

He watched Ea stumble out of the room, worried about her condition but too startled to call after her. He averted his eyes, awkwardly. Note to self: Thank Ea later.

Then he saw Kat in the doorway, trying to smile but failing as he gathered up the scattered remnants of his med kit, "Hey there, Kat. How are you holding up?" The aroma of food had filled the room, he noticed, and he was almost certain Katalina should be hungry by now. He certainly was. "You should go grab a bite to eat. I know I'm going to, just as soon as I'm done patching up Mr. Tough Guy over here." He faked a weak chuckle, doing his best to wrap and treat Scythe's various scrapes and bruises. "Don't worry about us guys, kiddo. We'll be fine."

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quote        
Scythe was lost in his own little world. He didn't come around until he suddenly found himself being treated by Wallace. He looked startled, glancing at the older man in surprise. He had forgotten about his own wounds while he was lost in thought, even the leg injury. His blood was already beginning to clot anyways, so he had long since forgotten about it. But now that he was being treated, the pain came back in a swift wave and he frowned. "Thanks, doctor..." he said quietly, his long tail giivng a flick.

((Bleh. Short. Scythe is too deep in thought))

Beautiful artwork by Aaya-Tan! The character Frey Malik belongs to SasorizaKitty.
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:21 am Reply with quote        
Kat was about to say something to Ea as she saw her passed by, but she realized it wasn't probably the good time for that and just entered the hut. Hearing Wallace talking to her, she answered: "Bah, it's not that bad, actually. My head is hurting a little though." She passed a hand on her jaw, where the bandit had hit her. It was a little warm and definitely painful, and she was sure it was a little swollen and probably of some purple-ish shade, even if she couldn't see it.

She followed Jake to a nearby table and placed the food she was holding on top of it. She grabbed a piece of bread and exited the hut, feeling a little dizzy inside. Maybe it was because of the sudden heat, or because she had not eaten anything of the whole day, or maybe because this place reminded her of her own village... She rested her back against the exterior wall of the hut, watching the fireplace and enjoying the fresh wind of the night on her skin. It wasn't an especially enjoyable situation, with her damp clothes sticking to her body and freezing her, but at least it kept her mind off of the painful memories. She bit in the bread piece, wondering what she would do next.

Lavndrdream

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote        
Not finding anyone worth talking to about the statues, Jayden turned and headed back toward the group. Stopping once more, she studied the frozen statues. That was powerful magic in order to freeze a man like that, she only hoped that the person who'd done it was friendly.

Pushing open the door, she cringed as she remember the gash she'd taken in the fight. She looked around for Wallace. He was a doctor. "Hey, old man, can you fix me up?" she said jokingly.

(Ack it's short, but I needed to post back to the group. ANd Jayden is not being mean!)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:51 am Reply with quote        
((LOL Wallace is such a ghetto doctor. xD He's going to patch up Jayden and then go EAT LIKE A KING, since he's crazy hungry.))

A greenstick fracture. Not the worst thing in the world. Wallace stared at Scythe's leg, his hands examining it in its entirety. He shook his head; there was no way he'd be able to make a cast in these conditions, he didn't have appropriate materials. I hope he heals as fast as he seems to. Wallace thought to himself, as he tightly wrapped Scythe's bruised limb.

Looking up from the leg, he stared at the somewhat familiar face before him. Then it hit him; this was Jayden. He smirked, surprised that she was still around. If she chose to ditch the crowd for us, she must be a pretty good kid he thought to himself as he got to his feet, lecturing Scythe briefly about taking it easy for a while before giving him a firm pat on the back.

"Ah, Jayden. About time you showed up." He smiled, his voice light, but worn. "Nice to see you made it 'ere in one piece!" He eyed her, noticing the wound she'd gotten from the fight. "That shouldn't be a problem," nonchalantly, he gestured towards the wound, "We've just got to get you patched up a bit and you'll be good as new." Stretching lazily, he took what was left of his gauze and ointment and prepared to sew up her wound.

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:15 pm Reply with quote        
His leg taken care of and Wallace's lecture given, Scythe decided to have a look around the city. Part of wanted to see the town's reaction to his presence and part of him wanted to find the best escape route for when night fell. Heading away from Wallace, he gave a smile to Jayden as he headed off, disappearing from view as he rounded a corner.

He tried not to limp too badly: showing weakness was never a good thing. The Dramidae male slowly made his way towards the opposite side of the small little village. The frozen statues caught his eye and he frowned lightly. This place had a powerful magic-user protecting it. It made him uneasy. He didn't mind magic-users, not at all. But if this town decided to turn against him, they would have someone very powerful on their side. There wasn't much Scythe could do about fighting magic. And he certainly didn't want to end up an ice sculpture.

Continuing past one of the frozen men, his prehensile tail gave a flick. He could feel eyes on him...or maybe he was simply paranoid. After all, they had been welcomed into this town, even though the people saw him clearly. Still...Scythe didn't trust it. A store caught his eye suddenly and he smiled. Maybe that would help. Turning, he moved towards the clothing shop and slipped inside to see if he could find himself a new cloak to wear. Being disguised might help the group from running into more problems along the way. Scythe paused and chuckled at his own thoughts. No, I should be leaving, not thinking of ways to make things better, he scoled himself. Why should it matter that I buy a cloak to hide these ears and skin? I'm just going to head off at nightfall... However, Scythe still picked himself out a long cloak with a hood and moved to pay for it.

Beautiful artwork by Aaya-Tan! The character Frey Malik belongs to SasorizaKitty.
Lavndrdream

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote        
Jayden hissed as Wallace sewed her up. She'd never done this sober, normally she'd owrked her ay through a fifth of rum and was working on her second before she let a man with a needle near her flesh.

"You should go check out these ice things in the middle of the square. Someone froze bandits in mid attack, they're pretty cool," she said trying to keep her mind off the stitching job Wallace was doing. At least he was a steadier hand then her ship's surgeon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quote        
((Well lets see whom comes back now))

Ea took the time to let the world stop hardly noticing any thing about her till her vision started to come back. Pushing her self experimentally off the tree she gave a sigh as exhaustion not the blinding spinning she experienced after her magic and nature were at odds. A side effect that was slowly wearing as she had less and less of her magic come back after healing.

The smell of wood fires and food drifted towards her and her body gave a slight growl to be fed now that it wasn't spinning. Stiffly she moved back towards the hut she had left the party in.
SenselessPi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:06 am Reply with quote        
Sylfaer spotted one of the members of the new group enter one of the clothing shops in the little village. He looked around curiously, wondering if the others he'd seen were in the vicinity. If they were, they were beyond his range of vision. With a shrug and a hand raking back his hair, he sauntered into the clothing shop.

'Now then, how to present myself?' he wondered. He simply stood off to one side of the store and pretended to be very interested in the leather armor displayed on the rack before him. He wasn't used to having to sell himself out to people in order to travel with a group. In the past, most offers for his abilities were asked for. The human world was different from his own in that respect. Demons were usually preceded by their reputations, meanwhile those in this plane had to work to attain such notoriety.

He saw Scythe go to pay for his choice of a hooded cloak and decided he'd better react fast. There would only be a tiny window of opportunity to speak to him between the payment and him leaving to rejoin with his companions, he figured.

'Alright Sylfaer, game face. Put your game face on. Be cordial and to the point. Beating around the bush will only make it worse. You just want to travel with them, and can pay them if necessary. It won't be that hard.'

He adopted a smile, truly a rather stunning sight to anyone who knew him personally, as he waited for that window to open up. The dark-haired demon also had to soften his posture so as to not look like a nervous ball of...well, nerves.
SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:39 pm Reply with quote        
Scythe sighed and offered his money to the store clerk, throwing the cloak on over his normal tribal clothes, but not pulling up the hood quite yet. Something felt off. His blue eyes swept the clothing ship, studying the occupants, before landing on Sylfaer's form. Scythe's long ears flicked and he frowned a bit, catching the man's scent. He was different. Something was off, but Scythe was not familiar with the scent. He only recognized it as something other than human.

Instinctively, Scythe prepared himself for a possible encounter. His large sickle claws flexed as his stance shifted ever-so-slightly, ready to leap away at a moment's notice. He was careful not to stare at Sylfaer directly, but he was keeping an eye on the man as Scythe left the store and stepped back out onto the streets. If there was going to be a fight, the Dramidae wanted to be out in the open, where he could move freely. He hoped there wouldn't be any need. With his injured leg, he would be slower and weaker than normal, and such a weakness could mean death.

The Dramidae male moved a little further out into the street and looked around to see if he could spot anyone else. Opening his mouth just a little, Scythe breathed in deeply and "tasted" the air, gathering scents to him. He was checking to see if the man in the clothing shop was the only one around who had such a smell to him. So far, all the other scents belonged to humans. Casting a glance back behind him, Scythe watched the clothing store, waiting for the strange man to emerge.

SenselessPi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quote        
As Scythe left the store, Sylfaer cursed himself inwardly for not acting faster. If his window of opportunity closed, he'd have to wait in the godforsaken village until a better group of travelers came along. Being as impatient as he was, the ice demon had no intention of bumming around in such a muddy and dank place for longer than absolutely necessary.

'Let's go, Sylfaer. Don't let him leave without hearing your proposal.' he thought, wanting to beat himself up further inwardly. Not that that would do much good while he was trying to hitch an invitation to a traveling group.

He came out of the shop, all smiles. He even raised his hands to show he had no intention of pulling a weapon out of nowhere.

"Pardon? I was wanting to talk to you, sir," he said as friendly as possible without sounding fake, "You see, I was just in search of a group to travel with. It's too dangerous to go very far without companions."
SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:01 pm Reply with quote        
Scythe had been waiting for him. He watched the man approach, catching his strange scent as he grew closer. Scythe was naturally suspicious of everyone, considering that nearly everybody he met (the current group excluded) had been cruel to him. The Dramidae's tail flicked and he eyed this man with a frown. Part of him wanted to question him further, to see what he really was. Scythe was curious, this was true. It wasn't often he came across non-human species. But another part of him was distrustful and protective of the humans in his group. The Dramidae male frowned at Sylfaer, thinking about what to say.

Finally, he spoke. "Such a decision is not just for me to decide, but for everyone." He explained in his soft voice, no hositility present in the tone. Especially, Scythe thought to himself, since I am leaving them soon. Scythe decided to press further, to let this man know he could tell he wasn't human. His blue eyes focused on a nearby ice sculpture for a moment and he frowned. Was this the creature that had turned bandits into lawn art? Still, Scythe wanted to be certain. "You aren't human." It was a statement, not a question, but there still was no hositility in his voice. Scythe wasn't naturally cruel towards other species, unless they were cruel to him first. He waited, to see if this man would deny it.

SenselessPi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote        
"Ah, is it? I understand. Would a meeting with the others in your party be out of the question?" he asked. "I'd really like to be out of this hole."

Since he began speaking to Scythe, he noticed that he wasn't very comfortable around him. He was wary of him, and that made Sylfaer berate himself again. His skin prickled with goosebumps when the Dramidae stated he knew he was no human. Sylfaer hid his surprise very well, though, so as not to cause a panic.

Since there wasn't much else he could do, he figured he should tell the truth, or at least part of it. Lying would only lead to trouble at that stage. The ice demon ran a hand through his pitch black hair and sighed softly. The charming smile was gone, much to his better comfort. Smiling too much made his face feel odd.

"There's no fooling you, is there?" he asked quietly so as not to arouse other attention, "Still, all I want is to travel with someone away from this place. No more, no less. It's easier for me to leave with others than to have to use up my energy to defend myself."

Gaia username: Senseless Pi

Yes, I drew that.
SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quote        
"It is difficult to trick my senses, yes." Scythe relaxed, just a little, when Sylfaer didn't try and lie. Still, he had been hoping for a little more explanation, rather than just a mere confession that he was indeed "different." Scythe still wasn't sure what he was dealing with. Still, he decided there was no need to be difficult or cruel. "My name is Scythe, of the Dramidae Tribe. If you wish to meet my companions, I'm sure it could be arranged." He offered a bow with his introduction. The Dramidae weren't really hand-shaking folk.

Sylfaer's defenses seemed a bit lowered now, and there was no more of that overly cheerful smile. That made Scythe happier. This was a serious matter, and Scythe had no intentions of letting this creature near his friends if he believed he posed a threat. But Scythe did wonder if there was really anything he could do against this creature, as he still suspected that he was the cause of the frozen bandits

SenselessPi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quote        
As if sensing his still wary feelings about the ice demon, Sylfaer spoke. He still tried to be vague, since certain people were known to lash out at demons no matter what they're alignment. It never hurt to be cautious, especially in the human world.

"Good. I can assure you they wouldn't come to any harm by my hand. I much rather dislike to use my abilities, and forsake them unless they're truly needed." he said. He offered a low bow of his head an chest as a greeting. It was the standard greeting amongst those in his own tribe.

'I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give him an inkling of what I am. If he's a Dramidae, he isn't much worse than what I am. Well, at least I think not. Here goes...gods, I hope I don't have to use my powers again...'

"Sylfaer Creske, of the Shadow Frost Tribe," he replied truthfully, "Well met, Scythe."

As he spoke, his human disguise wavered for only a moment to reveal his heritage. Short, messy black hair gave way to long dark blue, peach skin faded to a very pale blue, and his already icy eyes turned a shade brighter than should have been possible for a human. Even his thin horns could be seen for the briefest of glimpses. And just as soon as they appeared, his otherworldly features were gone, leaving only his human visage behind. The normal people passing by wouldn't have noticed the brief change, but he was sure his nonhuman companion would.

Gaia username: Senseless Pi

Yes, I drew that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next