Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Maverik

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quote        
Welcome to my first roleplay thread.

This thread is about the actual roleplay. If you would like read up on the back story, or submit a character profile, please go here.

If you have any questions, or would like to speak and plan with other roleplayers, please visit the OoC here.

With that said, though, ((Brackets)) may still be used to denote Out of Character chat. However, it would likely be more convenient to use the OoC thread for longer discussions and planning.

And... here's the starting post. If you have any questions, please feel free to visit the OoC thread or send me a PM.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:22 am Reply with quote        
(( Here's the initial bit. If no one wants to start off with a combat session, you're more than welcome to start your own independent post in this thread elsewhere. I just couldn't think anything better. x.x; ))

Kauss looked back at the group of adventurers that he was traveling with. Though he could see a few seasoned faces, the veteran could tell that more than one of them were relatively new. At least to this task.

These events were becoming far more frequent. Yet another group of soldiers had been disbanded from one of the expansive empires, their skills in combat no longer needed in this hesitant peace. In retaliation, they had decided to go rogue, using their finely honed combat skills to turn to a life of banditry, raiding nearby towns and settlements.

Unable to commit their own army, and with the village militia ill-equipped to handle ex-soldiers, a declaration had been made to enlist any and all of the wandering adventurers to combat the threat. Many had answered the call, among them Kauss, and now the expansive group made their way to the bandit nest. Of course, the trek would be long, as they had only just begun the winding three-day path.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote        
(I will write a reply later. Just want to find this)
EDIT:
(Now I am replying!)

Rayen walked easily at the back of the group, her cloak occasionally twinkling with various pieces of metal clacking together in it's folds. Her expression was stern, but her gait was excited and random. She would skip here, jump there, climb over a rock randomly somewhere else. She had started to annoy a few of the people in the group, but really didn't care.

She looked at the leader of the group, and then at the other members of the party. Curiously, she started to try and decide for herself what they must be like.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:50 am Reply with quote        
((Then I guess I will just go along and post something...))

Katalina was walking in the middle of the adventurers group, a walking staff in her left hand and a book about magic in the right. She wanted to get a chance to learn at least one spell, but it was hard to concentrate with all the people around. With a sigh, she put the book back in her bag, resolving on simply looking around while they walked. She looked at the other members of the varied group. It looks like some of them where ancient fighters, maybe soldiers, while other were not a long older than her, and with apparently not much more knowledge of what they were doing.

She had joined the group hoping to get a chance to avenge the death of her parents and the destruction of her village, though she was now wondering if this was really the best solution. She sigh once more, trying not to think about the past. Especially now. She didn't want to look like a crying little baby amongst those rough guys. She lifted her head, looking at the sky, wondering where this thing would lead her. She had never really travel, except maybe a couple time with her parents to go sell and buy things in a local town, so this was a new experience for her.

kerryfox

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote        
((Here it is... sorry if it is odd >>; I will re read it tomorrow when I am more coherent))

It was strange for Ea to walk down the road again apart of band of adventures, each armed and each waiting for the reward that came after the battle. She almost gave a sigh, wondering how many of them truly could wield a weapon as her eyes lingered over the group. Some, yes, had years and scars to prove that they might live the battle out but others she could only guess at their skills, as they looked just old enough to be cut form their mother apron strings.
Falling instep with the middle of the group she felt her body take the familiar marching pace. And for a moment she wondered of any time had truly passed since her last group had set out on their last battle. Shoving aside the though she picked one of the older marching tunes and let the old words twist over her tongue as she kept pace with the others. It would pass the time as she well knew and with some luck ease the journey for the young.
Lavndrdream

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quote        
((An introduction))

Jayden stood at the rail of her ship and glowered at the men standing in a half circle around her. A sword held loosely in her hand, though she knew none of the men would make the mistake of thinking she wouldn't slice him.

"The men are tired of taking orders from a woman," said the largest man of the group, and the one man she had known would be a problem the day she let him on board. He'd always resented her ordering him about, but her crew made better money then others so he'd stayed. It looked like she'd taken to long to push him overboard.

She glanced down at the thin strip of water lapping at the hull and then at the dock. She could make a jump for it, but there was no telling if she'd land right or break her neck. She looked at the group. If she could just get past them she could make a break for it.

"The men are free to leave whenever they wish, they know this," she said staring each man down in turn. Looking for the weak one, the one she could bring back to her side. Nothing.

"It's too late for that," he said lunging at her. She slashed upwards, tumbling over the side of the ship. She prayed that she landed in the water. As the cold liquid engulfed her she smiled. She let herself sink and swan under the dock to the otherside.

When she resurfaced, it was several yards from the ship. Looking at the bright red flag, she sighed. It was time to make a new start.

glimpse

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:37 am Reply with quote        
Smack dab in the middle of group, Wallace Udin huffed as the sun down upon his brow. He was unbearably hot and uncomfortable, with his med kit clenched so firmly in his grasp that he was certain it would leave an imprint. Three days of this, he thought to himself as he struggled to keep up the pace. Three days of walking, three days of sunburn, three days of--

Mid thought, he faltered as he noticed a flash of black and gray behind him. Glancing over his shoulder, he noticed a woman clamoring about in the noisiest sort of coat he had ever seen, her face was strewn into a serious expression contradictory to her bumbling actions.

Three days of her, he shook his head as he clenched his jaw, She won't last a day.

Turning around to examine his surroundings in an attempt to ignore her escapades, he noticed another girl passing by with a walking staff in her hand. She seemed tolerable enough: strongly built and solid, but distant and distracted in her own thoughts and sighs. She was young, far younger than the other girl he had just seen, and he couldn't help but be bothered by it. On the other hand, she intrigued him instantly, and he made a conscious note to keep her in his sights despite her uneasy silence. She would at least be good in a fight, even if she was terrible with conversation. He was in no position to complain; Wallace wasn't exactly the most tactful himself, after all.

Listless, he continued to march alongside the girl until he began to hear music from somewhere within the group. Slowing his pace, he peered around to find it's source.

Yet another woman... Wallace thought to himself, shaking his head in disbelief; but she seemed different from the others he had seen. She appeared to be quite young, but carried herself in an experienced manner with a quiet knowing held behind her simple ways. As he continued to stare at her, the flicker in her green eyes caught his attention; they seemed almost unnatural in their depth and color. Unsettled by her gaze he immediately looked away, turning back to the girl at his side.

"Hey, kid", his tone was blank and insincere, yet devoid of it's usual animosity, "Why so quiet?"

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quote        
"Uh..." Kataline startled. She hadn't noticed the man beside her, at least until he started talking to her. She looked at him, unsure of what to answer. He didn't look mean or anything, though is outfit was a bit strange to her eyes. "I as just... it's just..." She took a deep breath and decided it was a better idea to try to befriend the other members of the group, or at least, not offend them.

"You see, I've never really travelled before, at least never that far away from 'home'..." On the last word, her voice fell a little, as her memory of what was now her home came back to her mind. Must.. not.. think about that! her brain said, pushing the thoughts far away. "So, I was just trying to get the most out of this new experience," she finally added, trying to find a somewhat potent answer.

kerryfox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote        
((I be jumping in on your conversations >>; My apologies if is unwelcome ^^;; ))

Ea let her eyes lock with the mans for a moment, daring him in a silent way to look further but before she could push any more force behind the intent he dropped his gaze.
She gave a slight shrug but let her song continue at times letting verses carry over in to the common tongue as she remembered them. Most escaped her and words here and there stayed in the older words but the meaning hung much the same. Perking up at the last bit of conversation ahead of her she noted the younger girl who walked next to the man who had met her eyes.

"So, I was just trying to get the most out of this new experience," She heard the girl say and giving a slight snort Ea picked her pace up to match theirs. She was slightly amused by the girl’s answer, as it had sparked in her mind a dim conversation from eons ago.

“ The last person I heard use that phrase ended up needing a score and a half of stitches and nearly a new arm. I would venture to say you should use it with care” She interjected taking a conscious effort to sound friendly, well at lest interested in a conversation.
Lavndrdream

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote        
As Jayden trudged along with the others looking for adventure, she thought, again, about why she had done this. Granted, the sea was not a viable option for her at the moment, but hopefully soon. Everyone here seemed so young and innocent, so lacking in skills. SHe sighed and shrugged. It wasn't her responsibility anymore.

She closed in on a pair of women and a man speaking. She listened but said nothing. Everyone was here for their own reasons, she wouldn't try to change any of their minds. Hell, she probably sucked harder then the rest. The ground tended to stay still. She wasn't sure if she could fight well on a stationary platform.

Shifting the weight of her pack once more, she followed behind cursing Thomas to the bowls of hell. At least she was alive and not a slave.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quote        
((LOL, I actually LOVE your character, so this is AWESUM for me ya know. I just hope he isn't being too mean. YOU GUYS REMIND HIM OF HIS FAMILY THAT HE LOST, SO SAD. D: ))

Wallace blinked, his expression unchanging. I was right, he thought to himself, she's one of those shy types.. He tried to respond, but both of the women he was marching with reminded him somewhat of his wife and child. He couldn't stop himself from staring, a slight frown tugging at his lips. They, unknowingly, had touched a part of him he himself was not yet comfortable facing.

Awkwardly looking from one woman to the other he soon realized he had been staring and cleared his throat, "Yeah," he said, looking with a seemingly bland expression at the curious young girl he had started the conversation with, "You've got to be careful out here. It's not exactly the safest place in the world, you know." He scoffed, a smirk stretched across his face, "But you'll be fine if you know what you're doing, kid. And until you do, feel free to stick with me." He paused, giving her a quick, affirmative nod in her direction, "I've got your back."

His sentiment surprised even himself, since he usually never gave a damn; but there was definitely something different in these kids, he could feel it. So he shrugged off his confusion and continued to walk alongside them, wiping the sweat from his brow with the back of his hand.

Stealing another glance at the woman that had joined their conversation, careful to avoid lingering on her for too long, he began to introduce himself, "...I'm Wallace. Wallace Udin." He considered shaking their hands, but quickly decided against it.

"What're your names?"

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quote        
Turning and calmly taking the path again, Rayen straggled at the end of the group. She easily could have gotten to the front, but wouldn't have had any idea where they were going anyways.

From one of her many pockets, she pulled a small tool and a mass of cogs and wheels. As she walked at a medium pace, she worked on it, things silently clacking and coming together. A small metal tension tightened, winding the watch. The hands moved silently, the face rotating from day to night and the numbers sometimes flickering color.

She just kind of tossed it in her hands when it was finished, a small spell for long-wear and water proofing slowly building around it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quote        
The gathering would yield one more traveler, though it was hard to see exactly who that wanderer might be. Scythe walked in disguise, wearing a long hooded traveling cloak that he had pulled up around his face, casting his features into shadows. The cloak was extra long...a little too long in fact, to attempt to hide his feet. He was careful when he walked, so not to throw his sickle clawed toes out into the open. The human kind, or those similiar to humans, sometimes panicked when they saw him. He didn't need that.

Scythe had been watching the gathering group in silence, leaning against a nearby dead tree. He frowned gently to himself, considering. Should he join them? That was a good question. Would they offer him anything other than stares and whispers? His long, lizard-like tail gave a few flicks from beneath the cloak and he sighed. If you wanted to be alone, Scythe, you should just return home. At least the Tribe won't stare at you because of how you look! he thought bitterly to himself. No, the Tribe would find other things to whisper about. Still, he did not move. He would watch a while longer and then decide his move.

Beautiful artwork by Aaya-Tan! The character Frey Malik belongs to SasorizaKitty.
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote        
Katalina was more than happy to hear Wallace's new question. The last par of the conversation, with the "you should be careful" and "I've got your back", kinda troubled her. Not because she didn't understand what they mean. She knew that this wasn't the best place for her, but where else could she be... She just didn't know how to answer those comments, fearing she would look stupid or offend someone. And she was kinda intrigued by the woman who had just joined their talk...

She looked at Wallace, trying to look friendly. "My name is Katalina. Please to meet you!" she said, like any polite kid would. After that, she looked around a bit, not wanting to stare at people for too long. The gathering was larger than what she had first thought, and it seems like many strange people had joined the group. One with a long coat especially caught her attention, as she wondered what he was trying to hide. She was somewhat new to the world, but she still knew that people worn coats to hide stuff... She shook her head and brought her attention back to the road in front of her, feeling it as the best place to look. She didn't want to offend someone, especially since some of the people here were certainly a lot more experienced in fighting than she was.

kerryfox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:33 am Reply with quote        
Ea raised an eye at the girls rather chipper response before she honored the Wallace’s question. “Ea,” She said her eyes measuring the girl, and Katalina’s eyes wanded she pushed them deeper trying to asses weather the girl was any sort of Mage. Ea considered her next words then, blunt might they be, some thing told her that they might save her hours of work later. “Katalina, Do tell me you put some thing to fight with in a pack. Or for that matter Have some thing at all…Wallace I am sure is able bodied but unless you can do some damage your self you might as well turn back now. Death isn’t a kind mistress…”
Biting her tongue she kicked her self as she felt the old sympathies springing up. “Let it go, getting attach is a bad place to start….” She thought. Taking the moment to look about at the party she gave a mental sigh.