Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180, 181  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic The Guild of Midorean Role-Players: Freshly moved!

If a role-play day was planned, what day would be the best for you to participate?
See the "Upcoming Event" post to learn about role-play day.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Monday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tuesday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wednesday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Thursday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Friday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Saturday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sunday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Friday night/ Saturday/ Sunday (i.e week-end)
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Any day is fine for me, or it depends of my schedule, or any other "I'm not sure/won't join anyway" answer.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:33 am Reply with quote        
I am somewhat familiar with the story, having read a little about the original mythology. I've also seen a fair amount of "Merlin." xD;

Haha, it doesn't sound that strange. I love cats too; in fact the cat I have now I adopted when I wasn't even looking for a cat for myself, but I just fell in love with him as soon as I saw him. Dogs are pretty cool too, though I don't own any at the moment....

Well, I have a job...but I'm off work for another day, so I've nothing to do but sit awake all night really. Heh.

I'm glad to have found another night-dweller on here. Hai But, I suppose since you're planning on getting up early or what have you that you should probably be going to bed soon. Haha.

Klink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote        
I love Merlin. I love how the BBC has such corny special effects. xD The new season comes out this fall. Weeeee I'm not sure if I want to just take that world and use it in the RP with completely new characters, or use some of the original characters (such as Arthur, Merlin, Morgana, Gwenevere, etc.)

My cat has really long hair, and it gets wadded up under her legs, so I'm taking her in to get that fixed, haha. Also, it might help with the problem I have with her hair floating all over my apartment. >.<;

Yeah, I think I'll be heading to bed. I'll be back on tomorrow night most likely though. Hopefully I'll get a post up in Cat's RP then. Night, Sly. Nice chatting.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, the corny special effects are pretty great...in a terrible way. Laugh Yay for new season. I am excite. Although it's not my favorite BBC show, I do really like it.~

Personally, I think it's be a bit more fun to just use the established world and make up original characters; maybe have a character from the show or legends have a small role or cameo if you want to, but nothing major...if that makes any sense. Of course, that's just my opinion, and I'd really be down for whatever you wanted to do with the game....

Aww, poor kittey. xD; Well, hopefully she'll have less fur-related problems after you've had her taken care of...and hopefully your apartment will be...more hypoalergenic. Haha.

Well, a belated goodnight from me (whenever you get back on and read this, that is.) I enjoyed chatting with you and look forward to doing it again (as well as RPing with you) sometime in the future. Weeeee

Klink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, yes. Ohhh BBC, how you make me laugh. Doctor Who is the same way. It's a great show, but terrible special effects. ;P

I actually quite like your idea. I was thinking of something along those lines. Perhaps our original characters' stories are slightly intertwined with those of Merlin's, or Arthur's. I'm not sure. I'd like to get a couple more people in on this so we could talk about it, or just jump right in without a plan. Twisted Evil

My kitty is all better! She looks a little goofy though. They didn't take much off of her tail, so she kind of has a squirrel thing going on. xD It's cute though.

I enjoyed chatting with you also, and hopefully the RP will start sooner rather than later. ;D
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote        
Lots of talking happened here last night Oh Mai

I'd like to see a murder/mystery role-play. Dunno if I'd play in it, but it's something we have had before (I think), so it could be a nice addition.

I'm not an expert in Arthur's story (or stories), although I've heard and read a bit about it before. I wanted to re-read some books about it for a while. Guess I could always do that after I finish Lord of the Ring.

But yes, anyway, back to the role-play. I kinda agree with Sly's idea. As much as the characters from the show/legend(s) are interesting, I always feel that it kinda restrains what you can do in a role-play if you take the original characters and put them into the original world and try to have them act like they should. But maybe it's just me. Hai
I dunno how familiar you all are with Arthurian legend(s), but there's actually a bunch of them. Outside the main story of Arthur and Merlin, pretty much all the knights had their own story at some point (and from what I remember, some of them had very little to do with Arthur/Merlin). And then things were modified for a bunch of reasons, the main one being that the stories were not written for a long time (yay for medieval thingies). So yeah, to cut short, I guess it wouldn't be that hard or weird to have our own story, with maybe some cameos from the original work. Hai

Klink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote        
I've read a few books based on Arthurian legend, a couple of them not really having anything to do with Arthur or Merlin. I quite like Sir Gawain's story, but that's besides the point.

I think we should come up with our own characters, and put them into the medieval world with magic and dragons. It taking place around the time when Arthur just becomes king of Camelot, and Morgana is still a young witch would give us a lot of wiggling room, and we could come up with tidbits of our own Arthurian legend if we want, haha. ;D Although the main focus of the story will be what is going on with our characters, of course.

Glad to see you're interested, Maeve. Happy How are you, by the way?
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, squirrel kitty! X3

Yeah, so I'm glad to see we mostly agree on the idea of having our own characters. I'm curious though, have you given any thought as to whether magic is a widely accepted practice as in the original legends, or did you want it to be more in line with the show where magic isn't, strictly speaking, allowed? It doesn't really matter right now anyway, but it could later on...potentially. Also, jumping in without a plan and just letting the details kind of work themselves out as the story unfolds might work.... Sweat

Klink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote        
I think it would make it more fun if magic was sort of frowned upon. That way, if our characters are magic users, they have to be sneaky. >.> Maybe a couple of our characters could be a part of some kind of super secret magic user club, so to speak, inside Camelot?

And yes, maybe we should just dive in head first. Cool

Fuuuuck...My head just started having an achy pounding sort of feeling. I wanted to go on a run too, but that'll just make it worse. @_@
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote        
Super-secret magic club! Yush! Laugh Ok, I was kind of thinking that too, but I just thought I'd check with you since this is your game, after all.

Aww...that sucks. I hate headaches. Well, for what it's worth, I hope you feel better soon.

Klink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote        
Super SUPER secret Wink

I hate headaches too. I get them too often. I think I'm going to run anyway; it's starting to subside slightly... Plus, I've been going crazy not having something to do with my body. That wasn't meant to sound dirty. Neutral ;P
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote        
Hai
I'm good, just came back from the dentist. Now my teeth are all squeeky-clean!
And I hope you'll feel better soon too! ^^

Since the game plan doesn't sound that complicated, I guess we can just go ahead and jump in. Or just decide a couple little things before, like does it take place inside Camelot or somewhere else (at the beginning, it can of course change during the game, but just so we all start in the same place Wink ), what does Camelot/that other place look like, etc. I guess it'd sorta be time to make an OOC thread for this to host all those info, plus profiles and that sort of things...

Klink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:53 am Reply with quote        
No more dirty teeth for Maeve. ;P I went to bed early, so now I'm feeling much better, thank you. Big Grin

I can go ahead and create an OOC thread and then post it here. I think we should decide a couple things before we get started, anyhow.

@Sly: Sorry I wasn't on last night to be your night owl in crime. ;P
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:57 am Reply with quote        
Haha, that's ok...I got distracted staying up all night and crafting anyway. xD;

I think an OOC thread is a good idea, though. *Nod-nod.* Duh

Klink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:13 am Reply with quote        
Hmmm, crafting? *raises eyebrow* What were you crafting?

Also, I made the OoC thread for our Camelot RP. Wink

So, are you still up from last night, or did you just barely get any sleep? ;P
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:20 am Reply with quote        
Crafting...crafts? xD; Nah, I was actually finishing decorating a pair of old pants that I decided to tie-dye, making a bag, and making the cover to a book I promised someone as a gift. I was a manic busy little bee. Duh

I'll go check out that OOC thread now, I think....

Um...well...I might still be up. >__>;; I'm thinking of going for a walk or run since it's such a nice morning here, actually. Then I may go in and pass the hell out; I don't have to be at work until 5pm today thankfully. Laugh

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180, 181  Next