Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic The Broken World - Ulian (Information and Character thread)
Maverik

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:04 am Reply with quote        
Updated April 26, 2013
RAWR! IT LIVES AGAIN.
What I mean to say is that I shall be rebooting this thread, because the setting is too spiffy to let die. Also because Mal and Keyla and Kin forced me to.

But anyways, the story shall restart from a new point, so that newcomers can participate in the spiffy thing. Yay! Hai

Original Post

This is officially the unofficial out of character thread for the roleplay "The Broken World - Ulian"

This thread details the background story behind the roleplay, the setting where the roleplay takes place, and the genre of it.

Though I guess I could just as easily explain it here.

Additionally, Character profiles are posted here, and all character submission are to be either sent via the PM system, or posted in this thread.
Well, with that said....

Time to make a bunch of posts to make some sense out of this roleplay.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:04 am Reply with quote        
The Setting

Know the Past: For this is our world...
The history of Ulian has been an eternal record of shaky peace, its legacy an endless cycle of brutal war and hesitant ceasefires. Dominated by both the drive of technology and the will of magic, Ulian might've prospered well beyond any scope of imagination. Unfortunately, fate was not so kind, and the hearts of Ulian's inhabitants were far from innocent.

The world itself is dotted with nodes, natural wellsprings of magic linked under the crust by an almost intangible web of mana. It is at these nodes that the power of magic pours into the world, nurturing countless lives as the nodes feed their energies to all. Though the nodes are finite, they are far from scarce, as the thick expanses of the world are more than willing to hide their treasures.

This was not the only source of power in Ulian, though, for with the rise of its denizens came a lust for strength. Though the nodes were plentiful, they were guarded ferociously, either by beasts who had fed off the mana, or the people who had claimed them for themselves. Thus, technology took rise, as the rich resources of Ulian revealed themselves.

With this, Technology and Magic, from the very start of Ulian's history, became the tools of power. With each passing age, wars were fought,, as the ancient tribes, bearing both magic and technology, branched, split, and became intertwined. As time marched, the people of this world flourished during both peace and war, as tribes evolved into vast empires, spanning across the land of Ulian. Despite all their efforts, though, Ulian remained an insurmountable plain of wilderness, as the world continued to hold its secrets.

The march of technology knows no bounds, and the ever-shifting guise of magic mirrors its evolution. Ulian today is drastically different from ages past. Electricity, gunpowder, and even mechanical behemoths act as the harbingers of war for those loyal to technology. Likewise, looming essence of magic grows even stronger, its wild powers eternally gaining more fury.

Likewise, the denizens of Ulian know no bounds, as empires arise from the ashes of others. Whether through the use of technology, magic, or the deadly union of both, the continuous wars seemed to never stop.

... Until now.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quote        
Live the Present: For what else can you do?
No one knows whether he was a god who merely grew tired of the worlds, or a mere mortal who brought himself immortality. Regardless, the once turmoil world was brought to a screeching halt as this man forced the leaders of all the empires into an uneasy peace. His body bound to a mechanical visage and his soul preserved by an unending magic, not one living person knows who the instrument of peace was.

And his peace was brutal. Within an instant, he felled the proud leaders of the world, and decreed that their crimes of blood were met with blood.

Of course, other leaders came, but they were far more cautious than their predecessors, and an almost eerie silence sprung forth on Ulian. There was still conflict, but the grim executioner, his reach seemingly unending, deterred the prospect of war.

You are one of the people born into this eerie time of peace. Unbound by the empires, you walk your own path, seeking to fulfill your goals in this unending world.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quote        
Now that my creative writing ability has been sunk into the previous two posts, let's get this started.

Here's a nice and general template for you to use in creating your character:

Code:
[b]Username: [/b]
Character Name:

Biography:

Description:

There is no over arcing plot to this roleplay (at least not yet). Instead, your character is just wandering the world, doing whatever you want them to do.

If you have any questions regarding this roleplay, feel free to message me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

And just a reminder: This is not posted in the advanced roleplay board for a reason. Anyone can join, just as long as they don't cause trouble.

Also, please note that your character can be of any race. I just kind of forgot to add that. So... yeah... If you want a chainsaw-wielding dwarf, a fire-tossing lizard-person, or an undead necromancer with a shotgun, be my guess. That, however, doesn't mean this thread is for randomness. It's still a serious roleplay.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quote        
Quote:
Character list:

Username: Maverik
Character Name: Kauss
Biography: A seasoned soldier turned mercenary, Kauss was once part of an eternal army that fought with fire and steel. His skill with the gun was rivaled by few, a trait that soon earned him his second life when his first one died off. As armies upon armies were dissolved, he too was forced out of his job, and soon became a mercenary, trying to pave a path in life with his combat skills.
Description: The only thing that truly defines Kauss as a soldier was his posture and discipline. Every other aspect of him, from his clean shaven face and messy black hair, to the metallic combat armour covering his body and the rifle slung over his shoulder, was the trademark uniform of one of the many mercenary guilds that dot the land.

Username: Keylaleigh
Character Name: Ginnypher “Gin” Donner
Biography: When Ginnypher was born, she showed a love for the stage. Unfortunately, her small town didn't give her much to work with. She delighted when the traveling circus came through and went almost every night when they were in the area. This is where her two true passions came from: juggling and ventriloquism. Her family and most of her friends considered what she was doing to be foolish. They told her to stop pursing these dreams and instead focus on a path that could actually earn her some money as opposed to leaving her broke and starving. Despite the naysayers, she practiced these two arts intensely and became very accomplished at both of them with intention of joining the circus the next time it came around.
Unfortunately, it stopped traveling that year and she was stuck in her small town with two talents that wouldn't get her anywhere there. So she decided that there was only one thing to do: move to the city to make her living using her talents on the streets. She packed up her equipment and took a late train before anyone realized she was gone. When she made it to the city, she found that the trunk holding her dummy had been stolen. She went to a secondhand robotics store to try and find a replacement, as her old one was just an old drone shell, and she purchased a very interesting model. Little did she know she was purchasing more than a dummy that day...
Description: Gin tries to dress brightly to attract a crowd, and her hair is included in this dressing. She dyes it a different color every two months, and her current color of choice is turquoise. Other than that, she really enjoys the color pink and tries to use it as much as she can in all of her outfits, with cropped pink jackets and maroon tops under it with matching knickers. The reason she is so colorful is because she is otherwise too plain to be noticed, of average height and weight with no distinct features other than maybe a nose that's a little pointier than a normal nose.

Username: Keylaleigh
Character Name: Rummy
Biography: At one point, Rummy was Ronnie Blitzen, famed con artist and jewel thief. His preferred tactic was to woo rich ladies with false credentials and backgrounds. When he finally made it close enough to snag their wealth he would rob them blind and dump them on the spot. He did very well with this, coming in with a wink and a smile and leaving with a trail of false names, broken hearts, and full pockets.
For ten years he pulled off his stunts until one day he stole from the wrong girl. Her father was a powerful warlock and after Ronnie had finished his work with her, she went to him to get justice. When Ronnie woke up the next morning, he was suddenly in the body of a very small robot. This wasn't one of the killer ones that he had heard about, but a service bot that was only meant to last about ten years. With a severe limit on his life span, Ronnie decided to try and find the warlock, or one of equal power, to force him to give him back his human body.
He took a new name, Rummy, and hit the streets to find what he needed. Of course, nobody took him seriously and he was eventually picked up by a secondhand robotics dealer. He sat around the secondhand shop gathering dust for a few years before finally being picked up by a girl in need of a new dummy for her ventriloquist act. She got much more than she bargained for...
Description: Rummy is a small robot that is about two feet in height. He has spindly body, upper arms, and legs with bulky forearms and lower legs. His eyes appear to be black screens with red LCD patterns that show emotion and his mouth takes up half of his face in an unnervingly charming grin. His scrawny build is not seen because he is usually wearing a very nice maroon pinstripe suit over it. All good ventriloquist dummies can never be seen without a nice suit. Sometimes he likes to pair his suit with a stylish bowler hat and, when he is feeling incredibly dapper, a monocle. Because of the nature of his design, he has the strength of five men and can lift large boxes easily.

AFTER THEIR MEETING IN THE SHOP:

Ginnypher was surprised to find that the drone she thought was a shell was actually still functioning and not just that, but filled with the soul of a human. Unlike the others, she actually believed him when he told his tale and agreed to help him if he helped her in return by acting as her new dummy and occasional juggling prop. The two of them agreed to each other's conditions, and they became partners.

They have been working together for a little less than a year now, and while Gin has been doing very well with the bargain they made, they have still not found someone powerful enough to put Rummy into a human body yet. With his fifth year coming up, he is starting to get a little frantic in his search, and Gin is being dragged along for the ride.

Username: Malverne
Character Name: His real name isn't pronouncable by humanoids, so he goes by Skylar.
Biography: Skylar was born a storm elemental, a living chaotic manifestation of storms, a creature of magic. From the time of his birth, like all of his kind, Skylar has been able to manipulate magical energies to create storms and their various components. Elementals of all types mature very quickly, reaching adulthood within a few years of their creation then remaining an adult for eons, but for some reason, Skylar didn't mature into adulthood. He was bored with his home, and decided the best thing to do would be to leave the Nimbus, the name of the massive floating node of magical energy that houses the storm elementals, and travel along the Earthen Level to see the Landbound and to basically go on a long road trip. He landed about a month ago, and has just managed to understand the concept of table manners!

Description: Here's a picture of him. Skylar's humanoid form is built much like an elf: tall, lean, without much bulk, and pointed ears. However, instead of the traditional pale or tan elven skin, Skylar is dark gray. His hair, messy and short, is stark white, and his eyes are very light grey. His body is covered with arcane tattoos, lines crawling up and down his limbs following lines of energy within him. These tattoos are a pale blue, but flash white when Skylar is casting magic. The most visible ones are those on his arms, which follow his muscles and veins, reaching down onto the index and middle fingers on his hands, as well as a small coil on his palms. There are also some visible lines on his neck that are not obscured by his clothes. Skylar wears loose linen pants and a padded vest, with dark leather armor on top. He has no shoes, preferring to just wrap his feet with rough cloth. On his wrists are his magical bracers, holding his humanoid form together. These are silver, set with a smoky purple jewel, and are the most ornate thing that Skylar wears.
In his true form, Skylar becomes a ten foot tall storm elemental, with a conical body composed of whirling storm clouds and lightning, with glowing white eyes. Like this.

Username: Kinslayer6788
Character Name: Abraxisthefortyseventhsonofusherandtrowlewhocreatedtheselfexplodingtoiletseat….ect
AKA- Abraxis

Biography: Abraxis is not like normal gnomes; his inventions actually work although not always when he wants them to. His father on the other hand has a knack for blowing up everything in the 10 mile radius, including in one case Abraxis. His body was beyond redemption so Abraxis, with the tech that was allowed to him on his death bed, rebuilt himself from the ground up. He obviously made some tech upgrades to the normal cyborg like suit. He made himself stronger, and have some nice weapon systems. He also put in some useful gadgets. Only problem, they don’t always work like he wants them to. Especially his built in flashlight. Soon after he left the family home and headed out in the world to start a traveling road show.

Description: Abraxis stands 3 foot 3 inches and has dirty blonde hair. He has bright blue eyes filled with the normal gnome inquisitiveness. His body is half metal half flesh. Starting at the top: Head is about 50/50. Eyes are real but nose and mouth are metal. His left arm and right leg are fake, as well is right shoulder. His clothes are a general gnome traveling outfit and he always wears a hat with a feather in it. If asked he swears it is a griffin feather, but no one is sure.

Username: KoyiTar
Character Name: Mirendie Chaos

Biography: Mirendie grew up as most half dragons do shunned by most people except for her mother. When her mother died however Mirendie began to travel about doing odd jobs here and there for the people that would have her around. Which weren't many due to the trouble she caused at times. In fact it became kind of a habit for her to cause trouble not anything too bad mostly badly timed pranks here and there all in good fun. Which earned her the full name of Mirendie Chaos. Occasionally when she is short on money and can find no other jobs she will rip off some of her scales to sell in order to get food.

Description: Mirendie is about 5"4' her hair is black and kept cut farely short. Her eyes are brown with gold looking flecks in them. She mostly looks human aside from her four foot long tail, small horns on her forehead and scales on her shoulders, elbows, knees and clawed hands and feet. She also has scales along her back but those are mostly covered by the clothing she wears. Which isn't much a black tank top, short leather pants and a light traveling cloak is all she usually has not really requiring any weapons aside from her own claws and teeth and fire breath if she so chooses to use it.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote        
(Hey Mav.
I'll post my character thing in a bit...
I just want to be able to find this later)

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:44 am Reply with quote        
Hey Mav! It's a nice role-play you have there!

I'll try to make a character A.S.A.P., which for me means as soon as I have time... ^^

Maverik

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote        
(( No worries Ninja and Maeve. =P

o.O I just realized I forgot to start this off...

Oh, and if no one wants to start off with a combat session, you're more than welcome to start your own independent post in this thread elsewhere. I just couldn't think anything better. x.x; ))

Kauss looked back at the group of adventurers that he was traveling with. Though he could see a few seasoned faces, the veteran could tell that more than one of them were relatively new. At least to this task.

These events were becoming far more frequent. Yet another group of soldiers had been disbanded from one of the expansive empires, their skills in combat no longer needed in this hesitant peace. In retaliation, they had decided to go rogue, using their finely honed combat skills to turn to a life of banditry, raiding nearby towns and settlements.

Unable to commit their own army, and with the village militia ill-equipped to handle ex-soldiers, a declaration had been made to enlist any and all of the wandering adventurers to combat the threat. Many had answered the call, among them Kauss, and now the expansive group made their way to the bandit nest. Of course, the trek would be long, as they had only just begun the winding three-day path.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quote        
Username: glimpse, yo
Character Name: Wallace Udin

Biography: His name is Wallace Udin, a skilled military doctor with a fiery temper. He, too, was disbanded from his empires army and left to wander the land and had chosen to settle down in a nearby village with his wife, Elizabeth. He had lived a content life until recently, when a group of rouges raided his town and kidnapped his wife asking for a ransom he could never pay. His reason for joining the cause is strictly for revenge. The brief time he spent in previous wars was just enough to set him firmly against it, and more than enough to affect him both physically and mentally. No longer able to peacefully adjust to this time of ceasefire, he is left scarred - a sarcastic and bitter old man.

Description: He is labored and bulky, a heavyset doctor in his late 40's with bright, watery eyes beneath a low and wrinkled brow. The stress of his life appears within the many lines on his face. Wallace is bald, with an uneven tan on his splotched complexion from long days spent under the sun; his mouth is obscenely wide and often turned in a sneer or grimace. He can be seen carrying his emergency kit stock full of spare ammo and tightly wound gauze with his bone saw slung across his back. He dresses in old military cloth, well worn but reliable. Even with the saw he prefers fighting with his fists and, while he is not above using a shotgun or rifle, he refuses to use [or respect] magic.

[I'm going to come back later and respond with my post, I'm just leaving this here for the record Bouncy Heart]

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quote        
Username: x_lilmissNINJA_x

Character Name: Rayen Hollis

Biography: Rayen is a well-spirited young fighter. Although sometimes distrusted for her youth and the fact that she is a bit of an air-headed girl, she is skilled in many fields. Raised by her 5 older brothers who protected her, she is very good at hand to hand combat and long range weaponry. She also tinkers and builds things, creating all sorts of strange gadgets and instruments. Her second hobby is making music with anything she can find, her favorite at the moment two ribbed copper pipes and a small bell attached in an elaborate way.
The recent war has caused the 6 of them to go their separate ways, but Rayen still loves her brothers dearly and would do anything to help them if she knew where they were.

Although many people happen to dislike magic, a lot, Rayen and her brothers trained in it themselves, creating a neutral party of sorts. They try to use little magic, preferring to stick with technology, but feel it is useful to know both fairly well.

She is now trying to track down her brothers one by one and earn some money by doing so, and has joined many parties for short periods of time. She has yet to meet any of her brothers along the way.

Description:
Rayen is about 5 and a half feet tall, looking very lean and mischievous. She has dark black hair, cropped to her shoulders and let loose. Her eyes are a deep gray set into a sharp face, her features very angled. Her skin is a tanned color, her outfits all unusually dark and heavy, weighed down by who knows what, so many items randomly appearing and dissapering into the folds of it.

She has a very gentle attitude and a stern disposition. If she sets her mind to something, there is no stopping her. She has very little manners, barely any at all, honestly. She will snap at you and two seconds later offer to help you out. Most see her as unusual, a bit eccentric and a little quirky, but she doesn't mean anyone any harm and is only trying to find who she has lost.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:06 am Reply with quote        
Hope this will do the trick... I'll wait a little before posting something, so that the others have the time to finish their characters and are ready to start...

Username: Maeve

Character Name: Katalina Durham

Biography: Katalina was born and raised in a small village. Her parents were both farmers and she spent a lot of time helping them in the fields. She also had to spend her days in school, learning a bit about magic and technology. Unfortunately, she wasn't really gifted with those things, not able to master a single spell and not able to understand anything about technology, maybe because she just didn't feel like it. This lack of talent forbade her from pursuing higher studies. Though it wasn't big problem, since she had always want to work in the farm of her parents, maybe breed some animals or something like that. And it sounded like a good plan, until her village was attacked by a group of rogues who burned down everything and left only a smoky, bloody field where the village was once standing.

Katalina had the luck to be in the nearby forest when this event happened. She was looking around for mushrooms for her parents and special herbs the local doctor wanted to study. When she arrived at the border of the forest and saw the village burning, she immediately ran toward it. With luck, the bandits had already left, so she didn't risk anything. She walked among the ruins, looking for survivors, but couldn't find any. Apparently, the rogues had killed all the men and older people and kidnapped the kids and women, probably to sell them at a slave market. Slavery had became quite frequent in the region during the last years. She painfully walked to the farm of her parents, destroyed like the rest. She stood there and watched the buildings burned down, tears flowing on her cheeks, unable to do anything.

The fire took a full day to stop. Once it was over, Katalina searched the ruins, hoping to find something, maybe a trace of her parents, or something that would mean they were alive. Unfortunately, she only found two skeletons. She buried them in the backyard, close to the farm that they loved so much. She would have loved to cry, to let the pain out, but she wasn't able to do anything. She was just too shocked for that. With nothing left except the clothes she was wearing and the content of her backpack, she left the village, hoping that she could find something to do in a nearby town, a way to avenge the death of her parents and the destruction of her village, or just something to occupy her mind. When she heard about a group hired to hunt down the bandits, she immediately joined, even if she knew she wouldn't be much of use. She barely knew how to fight, but her body was strong from the work in the field.

Description: Katalina is about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weigh about 165 pounds. Her hair are brown, wavy and go to the middle of her back when stretched, though she usually wears them in a ponytail so they doo't get in her face. She has deep green eyes and light freckles on her face. Her muscles are well developed, though they are not too visible (meaning she doesn't look like a monster). She usually wears black and green clothes, though right now her clothes are a bit torn down because she hadn't got a chance to buy new one since she left her village. She also always keep her backpack with her, an old leather bag with all her belongings in it.

Katalina is a gentle girl, though the recent event seems to have disturbed her mind a bit. She will usually be nice to people, unless they have made something that she doesn't like first. She sometimes becomes a bit hysterical without any apparent reason. She doesn't talk much, but she will listen to anything that is said. She is not gifted for magic or technology works, not more than anyone else at least. Though, the event at the village also had an happy side: Katalina is really mad at herself from being unable to do anything and she has promised herself that she would do anything to become strong, so that those kind of events doesn't happen anymore. Right now, she is trying to learn more about magic, apparently to use it to destroy as many bandits as possible. But there's also another reason for that: she deeply hopes to find a way to invert what happened, or to be able to resurrect her dead parents.

kerryfox

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quote        
Username: kerryfox
Character Name: Ea “Etheline” Windcraft
Age: Looks to be in her late 20ies, But with the way her people age has lived over 200 years.
Biography: Ea is by trade a cleric, healer of the people and as whispered controller of the dead. In her younger years she was rather adventurous and in a rather short sighted encounter found her self in love with a human. Now near 100 years or so past that she is finally accepted the fact that she has a certain immortal quality and has to engage some what in society still despite it no longer being with her love.
In her present state she has taken up traveling, healing those in need and laying the dead to rest in others. Her past is a wonderful tangle that she keeps behind a well made mask. She is reserved hardly ever saying more then she needs to, how ever she works quietly behind the scenes to meet her own ends. She has a strong dislike for any thing involving technology and tends to shy away from it on principle.

Description: Ea stands at 5’4” still young and limber for her kind. Her hair is cropped to her shoulders, and usually has a varying length of red roots depending on the last time she bothered to dye it black. Her eyes are a deep green that tend unsettle people to an extent. Dressed simply with a knee length blue tunic embroidered with a crane pattern, over a pair of black pants and sturdy leather boots. Under that she sports a number of scars and over her heart has a small lump and scar. She usually has a bell case strapped to her back covered in a length of fabric she uses as a wrap and hood. Armed with an old long sword and bow, the bow seeing more action as she is a better shot the swords woman.
SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote        
Username: SasorizaKitty
Character Name: Scythe
Species: Dramidae: a very rarely seen race (many think they really do not exist) of raptor-human crosses or raptor anthros.

Biography: Scythe is an oddball in his tribe. He is friendly, flirty, and open: his kind usually are not. In fact, the Dramidae are more myth than fact they are so seldom seen. Why he left his homeland and decided to walk among the people who do not even believe his kind exist is a mystery. He is a warrior through and through, but very awkward in social situations. Scythe is used to being judged based on his different appearance, so the stares and comments usually do not bother him. Don't let his easy-going nature fool you, however. The sickle-claws on his feet aren't just for looks, after all.

Description: Scythe stands at about 5 feet 11 inches tall and appears to be mostly human, or perhaps elven in appearance. However, that isn't quite the case. He is covered in smooth, grey-blue colored scales, similiar to smoke, that are layered on top of each other, much like a snake. He has stripes all along his body that are the color of an off-white cream, with lighter blue scales along his underside and much darker blue along his back. He sports long hair the color of his stripes which is pulled into a thick braid, with bangs that cover his face messily. His ears give him an elf-like appearance, being very long and ending flatly, with cream-colored feathers at the ends, similiar to bobcat tuffs. An extension of his spine reveals his long, thick powerful tail that is prehensile. He supports five fingers on each hand that have dangerous claws at the ends, but appear mostly human. Cream-colored feathers are also seen along the base of his tail, the tip of his tail, his elbows, and the back of his ankles.

But perhaps the most interesting asset Scythe has to offer are his feet. He has 4 claws on each foot. The first claw on the inside of each foot issmall and appears to have little use. But the second claw is the most deadly. It is curved wickedly and very large, a sickle-claw of a raptor. It never touches the ground, but can be used as a deadly weapon. The other two toes each touch the ground and have sharp claws, but are rarely used as weapons. He has digitigrade legs, meaning he walks on his toes, and this allows him to make his way through the jungle in utter silence.

(Here are a couple of examples of creatures similiar to Scythe: these are not his own pictures, but ones from his tribe and give a good example of what kind of creature he is. I do not claim ownership of either of these pictures, they are only here as an example of what he may look like. The second one, with the feathers, is more accurate.)
http://rizyukaizen.deviantart.com/art/Venallia-Ewan-Cityoutfit-Ref-28991345 and http://horus-goddess.deviantart.com/art/Leap-of-Faith-25177526

Beautiful artwork by Aaya-Tan! The character Frey Malik belongs to SasorizaKitty.
SenselessPi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quote        
I used the basic outline, but with a few extra bits I thought may be necessary. Sweat

Username: SenselessPi
Character Name: Sylfaer Creske
Species: Shadow Frost Demon
Biography: Sylfaer was born in one of the underground cavern cities of the Shadow Frost Clan of demons who specialize in utilizing magic of combined Darkness and Ice. His father died during a skirmish in another demon's territory, so he was raised mostly by his mother before his uncles began to train him. Prior to his 80 year training, he was a very outgoing child and was hungry for attention. Needless to say, his uncles ironed out his childlike ways in order to prepare him for the grueling task of mastering the Shadow Frost demons' inborn abilities. He never saw his mother again after that, as visitors (mostly female visitors at that) were prohibited from the citadel where he was schooled. His mother's death of fire demon violence in his home cave-city.
For the remainder of his schooling, Sylfaer was left mostly to his own devices when his lessons weren't taking place. That made him incredibly introspective, and he was hesitant to trust others, especially his relatives.
Though still an in-training practitioner, Sylfaer left the citadel in order to travel and study other magic abroad. The world of demons bored him immensely since he'd seen it all at least once before, so he decided to see what the well-known Human World was like. He was shocked to find it was almost exactly like his own world, even down to the unforgiving deserts and wastelands of snow. However, demons were much less rampant, and he could handle the level of violence humans were capable of. To him, spending a few hundred years in the world of humans was just the break he needed.
- Weaponry: Sylfaer is technically still a rookie in the magic arts, and thus prefers to fight using melee weapons so as not to drain his power too much. He doesn't much care for guns, as he usually disdains any weapon involving fire or explosions. He uses mostly anything he can throw or grab easily, usually knives, are his preferred weapon. The Shadow Frost Demons are notable for using Dark Ice, a magical ice not found anywhere in nature. Even the world of demons is devoid of the ice save for the cold, secluded cavern cities where Sylfaer was born. Said ice is colder than normal, and can even be used to drain away one's "warmth" (life) if used by an experienced member of the Shadow Frost Clan. Thankfully for his opponents, Sylfaer is FAR lower than that level.
Description: (not my art)
Regular form = http://violet-hydra.deviantart.com/art/Ice-Demon-120181639
and his human disguise = http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj243/YamixMariksxLittlexSister/Anime/allblack.jpg
Personality: Like all of his predominantly male clan, Sylfaer has an "icy" personality. He is courteous to others if they deserve it, but will flat out ignore anyone he sees as an inferior person. He is very focused when it comes to goals and assignments. He dislikes people who are impatient, despite being incredibly impatient himself. Emotional outbursts are all but nonexistent to him, as his mental training required heavy emphasis on keeping one's emotions hidden from the eyes of others. Sylfaer is unable to connect with others easily, and as such wasn't very much liked growing up due to his "insensitive" behavior. Ladies are of a bit more interest to him due to their bodies being quite different than his.
Maverik

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote        
ARISE FROM THE EARTH

Or rather, live! I'm poking this again to see if anyone who used to roleplay this thing still has interest in roleplaying. ;-; Sorry for ditching it.

But I was thinking of starting over again, since the setting's still a nice fantasy setting. If people are still around, would they mind starting over? o-o