Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:44 am Reply with quote        
Frey gave a brief nod and seemed to relax just a little. She searched for words that were easy to find when she was with Aay, but difficult now. This man had helped Aay after The Incident. The least she could do was try and be friendly. Perhaps he wasn't a bad person after all.

There was a brief, internal struggle, but finally Frey smiled to the man. Her smile seemed out of place on her usually stern face, but it seemed to make her eyes brighter and happier. "Just call me Frey. I'm afraid I don't have a memory for names, however. I was worn out when I met you last. What was your name again?" She was blunt, as always, and might seem a little rude, but she had the social skills of a 3 year old. If you fail to use a skill, you lose it.

Maverick understood what the man said and nodded, holding out her rear paw to show him. She flexed it easily and set it back down, leaning her weight onto it. It was nicely healed, and Maverick was grateful. She sat back on her haunches and yawned widely, allowing some of the tension in the air to drop.

Frey felt a strange tingling in her legs and her head jerked up. The Father Lotus tree was so large, however, that they happened to be on the opposite side of Aay. Frey's eyes looked around, trying to seek out her friend. Finally she moved to peer around the trunk, and yes, there was Aay, struggling with a wheel chair. Frey's ears flicked backwards and she moved swiftly towards Aay. "Aay!" She called out as she approached. Maverick went around the tree as well and grinned to Muse good-naturedly.

Beautiful artwork by Aaya-Tan! The character Frey Malik belongs to SasorizaKitty.
Maverik

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:30 am Reply with quote        
"As you wish, Frey," Vice's tone was pleasant as he returned the woman's smile. When he had first approached her, the man was worried he might've been ill received. After, they had barely interacted with each other, and the woman looked like she had other things on her mind. "And don't worry about it. I'm Vice, and it's a pleasure to meet you again."

The man turned back to the lioness again, watching as the large animal nodded happily. He was glad that there seemed to be no permanent damage to the limb, and he voiced his relief. "That's good to hear. Still, you shouldn't exert yourself too much, even if you're feeling better." His tone was tinged with concern, but otherwise warm, as Vice hardly felt the need to actually chide the large animal. He was more than certain that the lioness could take care of herself.

As he saw Frey's head suddenly rise from the corner of his eye, the man turned his attention back to Frey. Vice began to ask what was wrong, before he realized that Frey was desperately searching for something. Curious, he followed the woman, his eyes trying find her target.

It didn't take long at all, as the man noticed another figure in the distance. When Frey had called out to the newcomer, though, Vice immediately felt a chill. Aay was not in a wheelchair when he had left her, and now he was worried. Following Frey, the wanderer matched the woman's speed, stride for stride, and quickly brought himself in front of Aay.

"It's good to see you again, Aay..." He barely had time for pleasantries, though, as he immediately moved onto his next set of words, concern evident in his voice. "What happened? Why are you in a wheelchair?"

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote        
Aay was just sitting there in the chair, arms folded slightly across the arm rests and head tilted back as her gaze remained upwards, staring hard at the nooks and crannies of the tree where she normally would have been nested or trying to sit.

She felt a small pain of longing for that, but to no avail. She turned her attention to Muse as his ears perked. He heard the leaves crunching not too far off, and his tail swayed. He knew those smells. It was the guy that almost killed Aay and Frey and Maverick.

Aay turned her head slowly to meet whomever was approaching, hearing her name vaguely. She felt like she was underwater almost, her hearing was going in and out a bit as she was half dazed through most of the day, and she smiled when she saw it was Frey, "Frey. Maverick, hello."

And then Vice approached, asking her what had happened. She quirked a brow, "Nothing new. My legs haven't been working since our last encounter, Vice," she waved her hand over the useless appendages. Muse let out a low sound, unhappy by far, but wriggling a bit he leapt over ontop of Mavericks head, tail swaying a bit as he leaned over to examine her hind paw. It seemed to be working perfectly fine.

Aay tilted her head slowly, "What brings you out here, Frey? You too, Vice. I thought you two would have continued with your adventures?"

Want a piece of your own? Hit me up!
I've claimed LOL UR FACE. <3
.:Wishing on a Star:.
I have claimed Fuu Sho. He is my Sexy Leader Lover. No touchy.
Aay is : Still semi-hiatus'd due to life sucking so hard.
I don't pvp, so don't bother challenging.
SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quote        
"Don't be a fool!" Frey chided, cringing at the harsh tone of her own voice. Still, she continued on. "I would not abandon you after The...after what happened! I came in search of you, Aay, to find you and to tell you that I intend to help you find a cure for what ails you." She shook her head angrily. "And don't tell me that you've already looked. I know you have, but I will look further. I will cross the oceans to help you Aay!" Frey spoke with a fiery passion, her eyes fierce.

She seemed to calm down after she realized Vice was still there. She had forgotten about him momentarily, in her excitement to see Aay. Maverick looked up to Muse on her head and gave a worried grumbling sound deep in her chest. The cave lioness was worried as well, and just as determined to help find a cure for Aay. After all, Aay was Frey's only friend. The pair refused to just watch her die.

Beautiful artwork by Aaya-Tan! The character Frey Malik belongs to SasorizaKitty.
Maverik

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quote        
Since our last encounter...? The man's expression immediately darkened. Had he done something to cause the incident? Looking up at Aay, he made an effort to speak out and voice his concern, but was stopped by Frey's own words.

Listening closely, Vice could tell that the two people before him were very close friends. He almost felt envious of their bond, a friendship completely foreign to him, though the man quickly shied that thought away. Instead, he watched their conversation unfold, though consisted more of Frey showing her adamant resolve to help Aay. Still, it was certainly something Vice didn't want to interrupt, and he waited until they had finished before he spoke up himself.

"Did you say you were like that since our last encounter? I'm sorry... Did I cause harm to you?" That was the first thing he had wanted to know, and little else mattered.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quote        
(Oof! Sorry for not posting yesterday, was doing the run around with commissions! Saso, send over the payment when you can, I finished yours. I'll upload it when you send it. <3 )

Aay was somewhat surprised by Frey's sudden outburst. She was rather emotional about it, and she quirked her brow slightly. She didn't know if she wanted Frey to get involved in the mess, to be honest, it was a lot to take in, even for one person, especially, but someone who never really had much contact with the outside world might end up in a very worse off position.

She frowned a little at the two, though said nothing until Frey was completely finished, "Frey, you're working yourself up too much over this. Please just relax for now?" she smiled. She didn't want to think of the disease right then, no, that's not why she came to Father Lotus at all. She came to remember her fun times she had. Nothing more.

She felt a small pang of, well, perhaps loneliness?, when she realized they were missing one person. Sho. Fuu Sho.

He's probably really busy being all important and stuff, she mused, though turned her attention to Vice when he asked about her legs, "Well, It happened before we met, actually. That's why I was sitting on Muse and on the Centaur. I couldn't move my legs, or even feel them from the waist down. I can now, but it's from my knees down at the moment."

She rubbed at her kneecaps slightly and shifted to lean back to get a bit more comfortable in her chair, "I even tried that theory of 'if you stab yourself with a pencil will you feel it?". It's true, you don't feel it. Julian's tried anti-venoming me, but it doesn't really work as well as he hoped it would. Left marks mainly. Lucrid's been helping me around the house a lot, he's running the shop for me while I'm away."

She turned her eyes toward the small skyline just over the trees of the city, tilting her head a little, "I almost miss it, but at the same time, I don't."

SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:09 pm Reply with quote        
Frey sighed deeply and lowered her ears. She knew she had been too emotional, had come off too strong. She had been harsh and angry when she shouldn't have been as well. She hadn't meant to meet Aay on these sort of terms. Rubbing her arm uncertainly, she gave a nod and took a deep breath, trying to calm her angrily beating heart.

"You are right, of course. I'm sorry Aay. I got too worked up. I'll calm myself down." As if to prove this, she moved over to Maverick and wrapped an arm around the lioness' neck, leaning a little into her companion. Maverick smirked a bit and pressed her cold nose into Frey's neck, trying to make her smile. It didn't really work, but it did make Frey remember that no matter what happened, Maverick would always be there for her.

To have your other half at your side was what made her people complete. Sometimes they searched for years and years. The unlucky ones never found their Bonded. That was a desolate and miserable life, one not worth living. Most of those unlucky ones committed suicide before their 18th birthday. Frey shuddered at the thought. To be incomplete like that...it was a horrid fate. But she wasn't that way. She had found Maverick, and they were complete now...but what Frey wanted was beyond what Maverick could offer.

And should she lose the only friend she had? That thought filled the woman with such sadness that she had to shake her head to remove it. Aay was still with this world. And no matter what Aay might say, Frey was determined to find a way to keep her in this world as long as possible.

Maverik

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:24 am Reply with quote        
(( x.x Sorry about that. I wasn't too sure what I should add. It seems pretty focused on Frey and Aay right now, so I'll just get Vice to sit out ))

When he had first seen Aay sitting on that wheelchair, the device completely new since their last encounter, Vice could sense that the air around them would be solemn. As the conversation between the two women dragged on, though, he began to feel an increasing sense of ... alienation, for lack of better word. He felt like he was intruding on their conversation, and that was the last thing he had wanted to do.

Nodding at Aay's response, Vice slowly made his way to the base of the father lotus tree, and drew forth one of the few books in his backpack. Placing it on his lap, the wanderer then pulled out another device, hardly an ancient relic of the past, but still a curious construct he had found in one of his excursions. Opening up the tome to a gritty page, the man quickly pulled out a pen and began drawing some notes, looking up occasionally to see if the two women were still conversing.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote        
Aay laughed a little bit as Frey suddenly scrunched up. She was like a scolded puppy in all honesty, and she shook her head, "Don't worry about it, Frey, you're worried, so it's all right. But don't put yourself in harm's way because of it for now. I'm doing the best that I can with what I have first. If that doesn't work, then I will need help, if you wouldn't mind, which I don't think you will."

She smiled, though turned to Vice a second, quirking a brow as he sat in her old spot with a paperback of some sort. She folded her arms quietly across her waist before she spoke, "I was actually curious to find books on remedies and herbs. I only know so much and Lucrid's about as helpful as a bucket under a bull when it comes to healing remedies."

She sighed, pushing her bangs from her face with a small smile and wondering if maybe Vice would catch on, "But I never travel enough to gain any experience, or even notes or books. No one ever sells anything good in the city, seeing as most of the herbs and things I would need to conduct the vaccine experiments aren't natural to this region," she sighed once more, somewhat dramatically.

She wouldn't directly ask Vice for help, he might feel like he's being guilted into it, but if he offered his help, she would accept it. However, for now, she would wait until he did. Meanwhile she just rubbed along Maverick's flank, "I'm glad to see your leg is doing well, my friend. DO you have those metal plates? We should return them to their real owner after all," she nodded her head over to Vice, "I'll clean them up and repair them. If needs be, I can offer some kind of consolation for it. I have plenty of things in the cabin worth enough to replace it, unless it was Alexandrite. If that was the case, give them to me," she grinned. It was a very hard to find material, not only that, it was damn near stronger than Mythril.

To have it would be a rather large step up the social class. And even though Aay didn't know much about welding, she knew folks who did that she could trust to make it into something far greater.

SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:58 am Reply with quote        
Frey wondered who Aay was talking to for a moment, and blinked as she realized that Vice was there, beneath the tree with a book in his lap. In her emotional outburst, she had completely forgotten about him. Well, that was Frey for you. She wasn't used to social situations beyond Aay. She listened quietly as Aay talked about gathering books from different regions, her plumed tail giving a few flicks. Would Vice catch on? Because if he didn't offer, Frey would have no problem whatsoever in putting the pressure on him to help. Or, hell, she'd go gather books herself. That didn't seem like a hard task at all.

Maverick murred deep in her chest, pressing her cold nose into Aay's neck very gently and giving her one giant lick with her tongue. The cave lioness was grateful to Aay for saving her leg and possibly her life. After all, what good was a lion who was too injured to hunt? Frey would have taken care of her, yes, but the depression would have probably been too much to bear. At the question, Frey spoke up. "Yes, we have those metal plates. They are back in the cave. I can go get them if you wish."

Maverik

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote        
At Aay's words, Vice slowly closed his book, the aging hardcover tome barely making as sound as it folded onto itself. Obscuring his vision, the man tilted his straw hat out of the way, listening to the young woman's words as he did so. With mention of books of herbs and remedies, something flashed into the man's mind, and he slowly began to rifle through his rucksack.

"Herbs... I believe I may have something..." He wasn't too sure if he still carried the object in question or not. Though extensive, his backpack was hardly inexhaustible. Had he put the book away when he had returned to his home? Still, he was more than happy to help, and he voiced his intent.

"Hmm... I might have something in my cabin... When I get the chance to check, I'll definitely let you know. However..." He drew two more potions from his backpack, the shatter-proof vials protecting their azure contents, "You said you were an alchemist, right? I found these in... some ruins, and a friend of mine said they were unique. Since you said you were an alchemist, perhaps you could make something of them?"

Handing the potions to Aay, Vice then turned his attention to the metallic plates. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but those metal pieces are hardly Alexandrite. Still, I believe they're still useful in most regards. I ... also found them in some ruins, and while they may not be mythril, they're still of a unique composition."

Depleted Uranium... That's what the historian he had visited identified them. A remnant from the Golden Age, without a doubt, and certainly something useful. As Vice looked up at Aay again, he continued his words. "If you want to examine and appraise them, you're more than welcome to."

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
(INTERNET WAS DEAD YESTERDAY I SORRY. ;A; *makes a long post to make up for it*)

Aay chuckled slightly, laughing as Maverick licked her fully on her face. She swatted at her playfully, ruffling her face and ears, "You're so silly, Maverick!" she rubbed her nose against the lioness' and finally turned her attention toward Frey and Vice. Vice appeared to have caught on. Good, a nomad would have all sorts of--

The potions made her eyes widen, "Ah! That reminds me! I haven't even experimented with the red vial I got the other time!" she reached out carefully to take the blue liquids into her hands. She placed one in her lap, balancing it on her thighs as she examined the other.

The contents had a faint hue to them as well, obviously very old, but very well kept it seemed, "This must me.. Thousands of years old," she exhaled in awe of the item. It was amazing to see. She brushed her fingers down the glass in child-like fascination. She turned her attention toward Vice once again, "Cabin? Oh, it'd be greatly appreciated, Vice. I'm a woman of discovery, I'm always looking for new things. And if they can help me, that just makes it all the more worth it."

She smiled brightly, even though she was probably a poster child for having the worst luck on the planet, she was very much happy with her life, however short it was going to be. She just wished she had one more to share it with. He visited once in a while in the night, a brief hello, or he would leave a jar on the windowsill.

She smiled faintly to herself, shaking her head as she returned her attention to the matter at hand, "I used to be able to go and get materials myself, but, now... It's been made substantially hard."

SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quote        
Frey watched the exchange between the two. Potions and herbs and alchemy and books. It was beyond her understanding. Frey was content to live in her forest, in her cave, to hunt for her meals, and make her clothing from skins. Everything she needed she could find out in the wilderness. Well...everything she had needed until now. It seemed Aay's health couldn't depend on natural cures. She needed something unnatural, something created by alchemy. By the twisting of nature. That's how Frey saw it anyways. To make life out of nothing...

Not having much to say or do, the feline woman settled back against the trunk of the great Father Lotus. She was content being near Aay, though she longed for happier times during the festival. She fondly recalled the games they had played and how Maverick had caught that big fish and had roared, only to have no one notice. Despite Aay's happiness to be alive, Frey kept feeling an undercurrent of sadness somewhere mixed in. Or perhaps it was herself that was depressed, knowing she could not help when she desperately wanted to.

Maverik

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quote        
(( Sorry for not replying at all yesterday. >< I didn't really get much of a chance to go on during the afternoon ))

Listening to the wonder in the woman's voice, Vice found it hard to stay quiet. He watched as she took the potions in her hand, gazing intently at them as her eyes filled with wonder. To him, those potions were just vials of a cure all, something akin to a medical emergency supply or a drastic last resort. The man would have never held the same awestruck reverence that Aay now displayed. Vice was sure that these potions would've been much more useful to her than they would ever have been to him.

"Yes, my cabin," The man smiled as he answered her curiosity, "It's a little ways away from here, though, but that usually isn't a problem for me." He paused, as he began searching through his backpack once more. Had he remembered to bring it...? If not, then it'll be a nice long walk for him back to his cabin.

"Ah well..." Vice muttered, more to himself than anyone else. Though he didn't find the object in question, he still had a method of quickly retuning home. Of course, He wasn't sure whether or not he should use his last teleportation rune to head to a place he could reach through walking; these things were hard to come by, and they required a full day of meditation to charge.

"What sort of materials are you looking for? I'll keep an eye out for them during my travels..." As he spoke with Aay, the man noticed Frey walk over to the base of the Lotus tree, the air tinged with a strange depression. "... Is she okay?"

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:35 pm Reply with quote        
(Job got canceled guys, so now I should be here more often. <3 )

Aay just laughed slightly, examining the vials quietly in her hands with a silent reverence. She would never get a chance like this again, as the vials like these were extremely, no, indefinitely rare and there were so few in the world, that to actually be able to see them in person was the chance of a lifetime.

She placed them carefully down in her lap, making sure they wouldn't fall or anything as she turned her attention to her otherwise silent feline friend. She moved to sit at Father Lotus' trunk and she smiled faintly, "She's just," she thought a moment on how to word it, "Reminissing."

Who wouldn't miss the festival? Those happier times when you could see anyone and everyone together in harmony. As it was, Aay noticed, most of her friends that she had made were all of the neutral clan, they chose not to be of any clan at all, and they got along just fine, even during the festival. She didn't even get a chance to know the other clan leaders, only her own.

She felt her heart stop for a second, growing heavy with a dull throb in her chest. She shook her head slightly before rubbing at her collarbone absently, "I miss it, too. But for now, I have to focus on getting better and keeping my promise. It'll take me a long time, but, I think with your help," she turned her eyes to Vice, then to Frey, and finally Maverick, "I should, well, be able to return to normal. These vials alone will step up my studies at least a hundred fold. I just wish I could get a better, steadier supply of them. I know how potent it is in just a small droplet, but I tend to mess up a lot, if I make the wrong combination, I'll need to keep using more and more."

She frowned slightly, at this rate, she'd be too scared to continue her studies for fear of depleting her supplies to the brink of nothing. As it was, most of her supplies were scraping the bottom of their jars and vials. She needed to desperately restock on a lot of things, but Dominique hadn't been around, nor had Althazar. She needed a merchant master to be able to get her hands on some things, and they were extremely expensive, as well.

She pushed her red bangs from her face and sighed, "I-I'm sorry. I seemed to have lost my train of thought, where was I?"