Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote        
With permission of Catsghost and Chu, I create a continuation of the Lotus Festival Event! The settings will still remain the same!

The Settings :

The Lotus Festival had drawn to a close, and the stands were packed away and put away. The only evidence of the Festival was the echoing sound of laughter and a few wrappers here and there in an otherwise empty trash can. Every once in a while, you might find a long forgotten sparkler or fire cracker, but otherwise, the entire area was barren of all evidence of anyone even having been there.

The City;
The city returned to its normal bustle and hustle, quickly forgetting the scandal of the Fire Clan Leader and the rest of the Clan Leaders. There was merely just whispers of the past and echoes of memories from the glorious few weeks.

The many tall skyscrapers and buildings almost blotted out the sun down the always crowded sidewalks. Shops of all sorts dot the smaller buildings wedged between these giant metallic monsters. If you needed it, it could be found in at least one or two of the little odds and ends shops there. Florists and Tailors and Grocers and Butchers, OH MY!

Lotus Orchard;
The trees in the Lotus Orchard had long since lost their elderly blooms, the newer, smaller blooms slowly began to build themselves back up, promising that the next couple of weeks would show just a few, but none would most likely fall for the patrons that visited the orchard.

The trees lay barren in their never ending quest to bring more beauty, gnarled branches reaching upward toward the sky. The leaves were already changing colors for the summer, a faded hue of browns, reds, and yellows, and they, like their blooms, began to fall to the earth in a blanket of crackling splendor.

Father Lotus;
Father Lotus remained in his glory in the clearing close to the pathway that lead up to the hill off on the east side. Its roots gnarled and twisted along the earth, forming sitting places almost, at the base of the trunk. The lanterns hung from the festival had long since been taken down, instead, fireflies illuminated the now dark and somewhat lonely orchard.

The tree stood at least 50 feet high, with long, gnarled branches, like fingers, reaching out in every direction. The many nooks and crannies that formed between the thick branches made for wonderful seats and secret hiding places for knicknaks and roosts for birds or people. The thick plush leaves were, too, falling to the earth, carpeting it in red and yellow and orange.

The Lake;
The lake a few miles away still gave off the evening and morning glow, fireflies dancing across the waters and giving it an almost ghostly glow. The Lake House not a few feet away is said to be haunted, but, in fact, is just a summer home for a certain Alchemist we all know and love (Lol my char's house).

It was a single story cabin based home, two windows in front, a long wrap around porch around the front and left side, leading down into the small river that drained into the lake, so one could just get into a boat there for fishing.

The lake is inhabited by several types of fish, Koi fish included, and thus the water is crystaline green and blue hues.

(Not done)

Want a piece of your own? Hit me up!
I've claimed LOL UR FACE. <3
.:Wishing on a Star:.
I have claimed Fuu Sho. He is my Sexy Leader Lover. No touchy.
Aay is : Still semi-hiatus'd due to life sucking so hard.
I don't pvp, so don't bother challenging.
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:36 am Reply with quote        
Rules....

1. Be considerate. If you don't like someone's char design, take it to pm's, but please don't have a huge brawl out here in the thread.
2. I have the right to decline anyone's profiles. If you don't make the cut, I'm sorry, don't take it out on me or you will be reported.
3. If you are on the black list, you are no longer allowed to post. No exceptions. You will be reported.
4. I am the God of this thread. Do not question my authority. Mods are the only exception cuz they're my gods.
5. There is a 6-8 sentence requirement in posting. Please send me a pm of your profile with the title "I R READY" to show you've read the rules. I understand writer's block as much as the next person, but this is an Advanced Literate roleplay.
6. All OOC (Out of character) comments are to be kept in (()) brackets.
7. No godmoding. You can not move another person's characters (pets, deities, shadows, etc included) unless they say so. No all knowing characters, etc.
8. I have the right to change these rules at any point and time.
9. If you have any sort of setting ideas, please pm me, and we can discuss them and possibly post them in the actual setting area.
10. Have fun!

Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:36 am Reply with quote        
Profiles...

Please fill out the prior skeleton with your character profiles. As you can see, it's the exact same as the prior skeleton used in the official thread created by Chu. Bio has been excluded because a character doesn't need everyone knowing their backstory.

Note; If you would like more than one character that is perfectly allowed!
Note; DO NOT, I repeat, do NOT post your profiles here.

Code:
Username:
Character Name:
Clan:
Image/Description: (Description is to be written out, and is required, images only are going to be ignored)
Other:

As stated before in the prior thread, there are to be no other clan leaders other than Fuu Sho, Di Qiu-Tu, Huo Lien, and Mizu Hakano.

You can not request to be a leader of any element, you can not play as any of the leaders.

Mods, if you feel like playing in this thread, feel free to post the profiles used in the prior thread and you are welcomed to play your NPC character here.

(With Cat's permission of course. Happy )

---

Current Players;

Quote:
Neutral -
Username: Maverik
Character Name: Vice
Sex: Male
Clan: Metal/Neutral
Image/Description: With a figure of average height, standing at approximately 5'10", Vice was hardly an imposing character. His light brown hair was obscured by his conical straw hat, shielding his dark blue eyes, as well as most of his face, from both the beating sun and curious eyes. His garment was simple, as his body reinforced by the layer of chainmail underneath his unassuming robes. With a sheathed longsword by his side, and his upright posture, few people openly bothered Vice, and that suited him just that.
Other: None

Username: SasorizaKitty
Character Name: Frey Malik
Sex: Female
Clan: Neutral
Image/Description: From the darkened shadows of the surrounding forest, a woman appears, slipping in silence into the moonlight. Her ruby orbs reflect in the light of the full moon as she walks towards you, much like how a cat's eyes look when in direct light. The glowing affect fades as she grows closer, her body swaying gently, a long, cat-like tail swaying as well with the movements of her hips, her other features becoming quite obvious. The woman's hair is almost pure white, and cut boyishly short around her face, with a long ponytail in the back. A pair of cat ears flick as well, listening to all the sounds around her with the care of a skilled huntress. The locks, you notice, strike out greatly against her skin color, which is a rich dark tan. Her fur color, however, matches quite well, being a dark ebony brown.
Other: Maverick, the cave lion, acts as her companion and her mount. Maverick stands 5 feet at the shoulder while on all four paws and is a snow-grey color, with thick soft fur and a long, plumed bushy tail.

Wind / Fuu -
Username: Aaya-Tan
Character Name: Aayanoru (Aay)
Sex: Female
Clan: Fuu
Bio: A woman of many ambitions, there's little she hasn't or won't try. Born in an only child/single parent household, she's learned that she needs to be independant, and wanted desperately to at least try to become someone who's worth something. She started studying science and alchemy when she was just 12, and since then has become a fantastic alchemist. Even to the point she has her own little Odds and Ends shop in town. She lost contact long ago with her mother, and most of her family lives on the other side of the planet. She moved back and forth between the states and Japan to see her grandparents and her mother, but eventually settled for her own small place off in the country side. She always enjoyed watching the Sakura fall, and has attended the festivals each year.
Image/Description: Aay, Aay, Aay (Note, all artwork shown is made by HAND, MY OWN ARTWORK. Do not steal/reuse/recolor/trace. Thank you.)
[ Description ] (It's long, I warn you.)White hair with red tips due to an accident in the workshop. Apparently powdered mercurial scales, even if condensed into a powdered form, still has effects. Also, leaving a window open on a windy day doesn't make the powder any less easy to work with. It created a pretty potent bleaching agent. Her hair was originally completely red, but thanks to the dusting, only the front bangs are red still. Two colored eyes, one red and one blue, no, there was no scientific accident there, just a genetic trait in her family. It skipped her two sisters, but her youngest brother also shares this similarity. She usually wears a dark makeup around them to accentuate the color and her lashes, also a dark red almost black. Her skin-tone is the average bookworm's pale, with three clawmark scars on her face from an incident that will be rehashed in history. She's fairly top heavy, and has curves, though she generally's self concious about it and won't respond if you call her out on it. She's got a little baby fat around her face, though you can still see her cheekbones just a smidgeon.
[ Attire ] She usually wears dark attire, such as blacks, browns, or dark green robes. Mainly a vest-type top with the robe tucked in underneath, a corset of some sort, usually with black lace, and leup handling gloves as she has to deal with her alchemy. The sleeves are slender, they only reach about an inch and a half below the wrist, and the robes material is made out of a thick cotton-like substance that she fiddled with herself. The inside of the robe is lined with a sweat retardant material so she doesn't end up stinking like a dead leupak. Usually while working at the shop, she'll have on a small choker around her neck, hiding a single scar across her throat, it's black with white lace and a single silver pendant hangs down from it with her name engraved in calligraphy. She doesn't like wearing skirts save for work, but generally has on a pair of black slacks with large pouched belts on her hips (Much like a handy-man's belt, she uses the pouches to store tools, powder satchels, vials, things that she generally uses for her alchemy, also a small vial of ink and some quills for those random burst of inspiration). She wears a pair of small specks, on the end of her nose. They're mostly for show and reading very very very fine print, otherwise, they just look good. She has no earrings or other bangles, though she has a tendency to wear a ring once in a while, carved out of onyx that was a gift of a friend. Around her neck she always wears a single locket, a golden moon that opens up into three separate parts. In it are separate pictures, one of her parents, one of her brother and sisters, and one of her best friend Dominique. The pictures are sepia toned, and very awkwardly cut, so it's not easy to see just who they are unless you were there or she told you.
Other: She owns a cat and a tarantula (Small world considering she also has a spider phobia), the cat (Muse) stays with her at all times, and can generally be found hiding out around her or some such.

Fire / Lien -

Earth / Tu -

Water / Hanako -

Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote        
Black, white, and gray list...

Black;
How to get into the Black List;
Flame War - Insulting players because you don't like their characters.
Drama War - Bawfesting about anything. This is an rp thread, go to another topic.
Constant Harassment - You get two strikes. One warning puts you in the gray list, second time reprimand puts you in the black.
Spamming - There will be a posting order. Do not constantly post just to up your post count.

None

Gray List;
How to get into the Gray List
Bashing - Dogging on Someone's char.
Starting a Dramatical Fight outside of the rp - Harassment in OOC
Harassment - One time strike, don't do it.
Pissing me off - It takes a bit to do that to me, but if you do it, you'll get your butt kicked out.
Mini-Modding - It's not your job, don't do it.

None

White List;

How to get on the White List;
Being Super Awesome - Basically, making me laugh, having an amazing character, etc.
Being a Loyal Poster - You post as soon as you're supposed to unless pulled away.
A Reporter - You see someone causing a scene in here, you report them automatically and make sure the mods are made aware of it.
Donaters - Give me stuff. Happy *Shot*

Aaya-Tan - For creating the thread and getting the gump to beg Chu and Cat to be allowed to make it.
LOL UR FACE - For helping me in small ways to create and finalize Aay's design. Also helping keep the peace. Avid donater, as well.
Chu - For being so kind as to help host the event that inspired this thread in the first place

Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote        
Final Reserve

Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote        
OOC: And now we're open! I'll write up an opening post once I get a few profiles! <3)

SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:56 am Reply with quote        
((Yay!! More than one character! We can actually play with Lucrid now. And that mysterious ring-bell creature that I have no idea what it was because we weren't allowed to use multiple characters. O.o *is waaaay too hyper today* *sends off profile after screwing up the first time. Has FAIL written on forhead. Is lame.*))

Beautiful artwork by Aaya-Tan! The character Frey Malik belongs to SasorizaKitty.
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote        
OOC: Good Saso. <3

- EDIT - Back.)

The summer sun already laid out an almost blistering heat across the still green grass that carpeted the lush front yard of the cabin where Aay found herself once more.

She sat quietly, on her porchswing on the wrap around porch, wheelchair nearby in case she had to move, staring out over the lake. She could see the fish as they swam and spun in the water and grinned a bit.

She had raised most of them herself, namely the koi, most other fish that were bred in the lake were washed in from other lakes through the river that snaked along the side of her cabin and around the city into the huge mountain range that formed a barracade across Midorea.

She heard Muse skittering around inside, once more in his smaller form, he padded out onto the front porch to hop onto the swing beside her, mewing faintly at her as she stroked his ears and down his spine. She seemed distant now that she didn't work nonstop in her lab. It was kind of sad to watch her, really.

She wanted to go back to the orchard, to see Father Lotus and to rest in the roots once more, but she couldn't, not right now. Now completely alone. Muse, of course, would always keep her company, but the Festival had long since made her miss human companionship. She was so used to never having an intellectual conversation with someone, seeing their face, holding their hand, their arm.

The physical warmth of having a companion was what she missed. She sighed slightly, using her arm to push the swing a little bit so it rocked quietly on its chains, creaking ever so slightly as she simply gazed out across the lake to the barren red and yellow orchard on the other side.

Would she see them again?

Perhaps, then again, perhaps not. She hoped that one day she would be able to see them again, that not only that, she might be able to have fun with them again. Already she missed being able to climb trees, to move on her own, to not have to depend on another, and not only that, it was a cat. The poor dear had no oposable thumbs, it wasn't like he could easily push her anywhere she needed to go.

Even then he still didn't get it right because he would have to use his head, and he couldn't see where he was going. Aay finally stopped wearing her kimonos and really long sleeves anymore. She hadn't been able to work at the Lounge in the City as of late, either. She missed it. She missed singing and dressing up.

Though now, it was very hard to dress up when you couldn't even stand. She sighed and finally slid off the swing into her wheelchair. She was comfortable enough, and pushed her glasses up on her face as she examined her bare arms. She had on a simple tank-top that day, it being too hot for her robes, and her corsete with the silver lining thread and slacks, nothing too special.

She pushed the wheels forward, debating on going to the small ramp that dropped down in front of her porch steps and just wheeling off for a little while out in the orchard. Muse perked up from the swing where he sat, watching her, waiting to see what she wanted to do before dashing on after her.

Transcendence

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote        
(( I am happy that you made this thread, many will be happy. Sorry I was just following suite.))

I am looking for art for my character. I will be willing to pay.

On gaia I am xxtaintedlips - I dont go on there much though.
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quote        
(Please read the rules, thank you, Transcendence.)

SasorizaKitty

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote        
Frey had made her way back towards the lotus orchard, a place that had become very familiar to her over the past weeks. But it was different now. The blooms were gone and the festival stands had been shut down and put away. The once active festival was now a desolate and lonely place. But Frey really didn't know where else to go. This is where she had met the one person she could truly call friend.

It seemed only appropriate that this happened a few days after The Incident. This is what Frey had been calling her wounding of Aay in her mind and to Maverick. The Incident had been an accident, a foolish mistake on Frey's part, but it had been severe and had set into motion an array of events that led to Aay not being able to use her legs. Though her friend might insist that it was not Frey's fault, Frey did not believe it herself. She was overwhelmed with guilt and frustration, and for a few days now, had been avoiding Aay.

Last she had seen the woman was when she fell asleep at the festival. Aay's wounds were healed at that point, and she had assisted Maverick, the huge lioness that walked beside her, with her shattered paw. But Frey and Maverick slipped into the shadows the next day, satisfied that Aay would be okay (other than her paralyzed legs). They had been alone since then, and Frey's mind had been consumed with thoughts of her friend and how she might possibly help.

Maverick walked alongside Frey as they made their way through the silent lotus grove. She was able to walk easily now, thanks to Aay, and the lioness felt she should help as well. She had taken what she had learned from Muse and told Frey. The pair, with their shared soul, felt they owed a great deal to the woman and had decided to find some way, any way, to help Aay.

But first they had to find her! She was obviously no where in the deserted festival ground, for Frey could see all around in all directions with no crowds blocking her view. But she didn't feel Aay nearby either. Where had the woman gone? She had always just found Aay at the festival. Never had Frey sought her outside of it. And now that the festival was over, she didn't know where to look.

Sighing gently, Frey found herself at Father Lotus, the huge tree where Aay would often sit. Maybe she was in the branches somewhere? Frey knew that was foolish, for she couldn't feel Aay up there, but part of her secretly hoped that her bond with Aay had been broken. Then she would never have to worry about repeating The Incident. Reaching up to the nearest branch, the feline woman pulled herself easily into the tree and began to climb. Maverick, too big for climbing trees, waited patiently below.

It was as Frey thought. No Aay anywhere, no sign of Muse nor Julian. Frey had made it to the top and had checked the branches and nooks on her way up. How could Aay even climb? she thought bitterly to herself. You injured her and caused her legs to stop working, you dolt. She cursed herself, her ears lowering. She had possibly been wishing that Aay was better. But what good was wishing? Moving to sit on the highest branch she could find, she took in the world from the new viewpoint.

A distant lake caught her attention. She remembered the adventure Muse and Maverick had there, catching fish and just relaxing. Maybe Aay was over there? It was far enough away that Frey wouldn't be able to feel her presence...and there was a house there as well. Frey couldn't see anyone around the lake, but the sun was in her eyes. Deciding it was worth a look, Frey began climbing down Father Lotus.

((I started a back OOC trend. Sorry I screwed it up! Sad I posted to try and make it better...))

Beautiful artwork by Aaya-Tan! The character Frey Malik belongs to SasorizaKitty.
Maverik

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:57 pm Reply with quote        
Though the festival had come and gone, its legacy, the pristine orchard remained. As the festival drew to a close, and the once endless sea of people dwindled to nothing, Vice slowly collected himself. Gazing around the area, the man took in the scenery, unmarred by the crowd, for the first time. Had he been a more poetic man, he might've done more than watch, but that was all he could do.

It was an interesting event, though he was certain it would've impacted him much differently had he joined in at the appointed However, that was a chance long gone, and there was no point in dwelling on it. Instead, the man slowly began walking along the path, as he headed towards the center of the once bustling festival grounds, now a scarce place devoid of the crowds.

There were no thoughts for him to be lost in as he walked the path, his mind completely focused on the scenery. As his eyes happened on a particularly large lotus tree, Vice noticed a few figures stirring along the horizon. Though obscure, there was a particularly feline shadow of one of the figures, and the man soon had an idea of whom it was. Ensuring he had everything settled in his satchel, the man began to make his way to the large lotus tree.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote        
Maverick's ears pricked as she heard soft footsteps heading her way and the lioness whirled her head sharply to see who it could be. Her ears folded back protectively, but she recognized the figure as the man who helped Aay. Grumbling deep in her chest, she silently warned Frey of the approaching figure.

Frey's feet hit the ground and she turned to face the man as he approached. She set a hand on Maverick's neck to settle her anxiousness. The pair were still untrusting of others, even if the man had helped her dearest friend. That fact only granted him a chance when most had none.

She nodded to him as he approached. She was honestly surprised to see another person wandering this desolate plains. Searching for a name, her memory failed her. She was never good at remembering names. She also was never good at starting conversations. Brushing her white hair from her face, she watched him with scarlet eyes that matched the cave lioness beside her.

Maverik

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:53 pm Reply with quote        
Vice noticed the tension in the air even before he came into full view of the pair. Gradually approaching the two figures, he soon recognized both the feline and her companion, their names swiftly coming to mind, as they had been one of the few people he had met with during the festival. Granted, that hardly meant they were even acquaintances, as the cautious air around him quickly reminded him.

Still, there was little point in silence as he strode closer to them. Stopping a few feet away from the two, Vice slowly spoke out. "Good to see you two again. How are you today, miss... Frey?" He wasn't too sure about including the honorific, but he had long since concluded it was better to be too polite than to be too crass.

He then turned his head to the lioness, wondering if the splint he had help craft had completed its task. The feline certainly seemed to be in a much better mood, relatively speaking, and that alone spoke wonders. Vice still felt the need to ask, though, and he spoke once more, this time to animal. "And how are you feeling... Maverick?" Despite his resolution about honorifics, he could scarcely find a suitable one. "Is your leg feeling any better?"

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:33 am Reply with quote        
OOC: Whoo! And anyone else who wants to join, just read the rules, and you can start, too!)

Aay felt it more than heard it. Conversation, life, movement.. It rung in her ears like a faint bell almost as she moved her attention toward the darkened forest once more. Even the light couldn't penetrate the trees that bordered around the other side of her cabin. It left it secluded, lonely, even, from the world.

She spun back around in her wheelchair, leaning back and sighing a bit. Maybe she would just trapse through the locus orchard once again, it was peaceful there, and it was always more fun for her, in all honesty, especially when it was so dismal. She loved the fall, but not the barren trees that it left behind. She put her hands on her wheels and silently began pushing herself forward to the grove.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if no one was there? Yeah, at least she would be able to hear better, too. If anyone tried sneaking up on her, or if there were a few drunken festival goers still hanging around. She turned her eyes left and right as she started on the pass that forked between the hill, city, and grove, taking the left side to head into the trees. She was exhausted somewhat already.

Her body wasn't used to such manual labor, it was one thing to run a store, another to drag your half useless body across several miles. Muse finally perked from his spot and bounded after her, staying in small form for now unless instructed otherwise, he hopped into her lap and purred at her innocently.

"You know this is hard enough without your fuzzy ass, Muse," Aay snorted, but kept pressing onward. Her wheels crunched across the fallen leaves as she moved, and she finally spotted it. Father Lotus.

He stood there in all his glory, and she smiled faintly, rolling the chair toward it. Of course, she only managed to just miss the other two, too focused on not flipping her damn wheel chair to hear their conversation.