Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Runway
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Sane

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quote        
    Please rate my noobish avatar. D8

Thanks in advance. <3

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:51 pm Reply with quote        

Rating: Your mom.

No, jk. I like the general idea you have with it, but it's not appealing enough. The random light browns take too much away from the navy blue, and the staff has a random blotch of purple that just plain.. bugs me. I'm still new here so I don't know all the items but I will suggest this:

Pick two dark tones and stick with it. If you think you can add a contrasting color then go for it. Personally, I think white would go really well with the dark browns, blacks and navy blue. Tho be careful where it's placed, cause it could also cause a distraction from your avatar.

I like the green but you need more green to attempt to balance off your top. Right now you're extremely top heavy with green. Maybe if you take off the wings it'll balance out just a tad?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote        
It's not that bad, actually.

Just get rid of the starter clothes. I'd also use purple instead of navy, cause I like the cane, and there's purple in the cane. x33 Other than that... I kinda like it. It's not my favorite cause I see the earth robe used in similar ways to this all over, and it could use a better spark. x.x

But it's still nice.

Striptease

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote        
As far as a number rating goes, I'd rather not give you one. There aren't many items to work with on this site, so I'll just have to go by what I've seen so far. First of all, as much as I like that staff thing, it doesn't really go with your avatar's color scheme. I think maybe you should save it for a future avatar, and remove it for this one. As much as I like those wings, I feel that they're too bright to go with the dark green leaves and vines on the laurels and earth robe. Then again, you can probably just keep it on (and take the staff off) and it'll still look fairly well. Lastly, if there is something orange you can buy (to match the orange colors under your clothing wrap) then I suggest equipping that and removing your laurels. But that's just a little thought for you. Good luck with your avatar!
Transcendence

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote        
I like it as it is, but if I wanted to give you some pointers, I would suggest that you remove the starter clothes. I would keep the staff for now because you cant change the color of it obviously.

With those things done I would give it a 9/10 because the items we have here are limited.

I am looking for art for my character. I will be willing to pay.

On gaia I am xxtaintedlips - I dont go on there much though.
IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote        
Hmm... I'd rather not rate, because I'm not good with numbers, but here's my word of advice;
If you're trying to be original, don't match up earth dragon skin with the earth cape. It looks good, but horribly overdone.
If you're trying to simply look good and well matched lose the brown starter cloathes and the navy blue ones. The blue ones stick out too much because they have a brighter and less detailed shading than the rest of you, and it causes to look a bit plain and unmatched. try something black instead, to match your hair at least.
Of course the eyes match the navy blue and is different from the usual green eyes on earth skin, but if you can't make the navy blue work, then I guess you'll have to lose the eyes too... but that is merely my opinion that reflects my taste in avis, so you shouldn't blindly follow it, but take it in to consideration :3

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy
Iregyura

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote        
I give you a 8/10. I like the idea of your character, but the green is too bright against the brown. Also, I think that your skin has to lighter in order to see your markings. Also, maybe your clothes could also be lighter? Well, anyways, the starter clothes should also be taken off. Mine, the starter clothes, will be taken off as soon as I have more money Laugh *is envying you rich people Laugh * Anyways, so there are some things I suggest you to change some things, but so for it's a really good avatar! Some more changes and then you're done! Happy
laniparis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote        
I think it looks pretty good and not that newbish lol

Mine still looks newbish, I'm in between a few styles *grin*

Maybe a few less green swirly things that's my only con

I was Goosed
paisha121093

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:40 pm Reply with quote        
i really like it. except for the starter clothes. it throws it off. =]
la Acuatico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not so sure. (Not that I'm in the position to say this; look at what I'm wearing, haha) I like it, but it's not eye catching enough. You know, how you see a sea of rose pink balloons and there's one balloon that is dark green and another neon? Right now you're kind of just the plain green. You need to go to the neon green so everyone on Midorea would love you. Literally. Haha. While saying this much...I should go work on my own avatar. See you laters!

Oh, also, as many before me has mentioned...Off with the starter clothes! (stares at mine and goes gah)
dies Veneris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote        
Nice! Off with the beginner clothes *looks at myself and sobs* and the eyes, I kind of have to say. But it's very good. Just the beginner clothes. Now those don't match *o* I'm working hard on my own avatar right now! (Though I just started...)
ikittycat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
♥♥♥♥

I like it.
8/10
NIIICE.

♥♥♥♥

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote        
8/10

I love blue Happy
Xanth

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote        
I think it looks nice. But the black hair and the brown cloths underneath made it look a little strange.
But all in all it's a good avi. Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quote        
What about making the hair and shoes brown instead? Big Grin