Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Lotus Festival 2009
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Mothers Day - What are you doing? What did you do?
Nikki

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote        
As the title states, what are you doing for Mothers day? Or, if you already did something, what did you do?

C: I took my beloved mother-dearest to Red Lobster last night as an early Mothers Day gift. We engorged ourselves in amazing (and expensive) foodstuffs. I also bought her a rose and a Mothers Day card. /lame

If I had more money, I wanted to take her out of town to some other seafood place that's supposedly better then Red Lobster. I think it was called Catches? If anyone lives on the west coast of Florida, and knows where US 19 is, they should at least know what it is roughly. It's right on the water, so I'm sure the food is fresher then Red L. :3

But I digress...
Jandi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:55 am Reply with quote        
I dad, brother and I bought some flowery stuff and then we bought some chocolates and candle stuff.

If I had more money, i'd surely buy my mom a lot more stuff.
But alas I have no job =.= (yet, lol~)

I think we may go out to dinner sooner or later XD
Nikki

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quote        
Ooh, candles? My mom loves candles too, so maybe when I get a new job I'll buy her some as a late Mothers Day present.. What kind did you get your mom?

And what kind of chocolates too? I know my mom adores white chocolates. x3
Shiny

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:05 am Reply with quote        
Every Mother's Day, I go over to my grandmother's house to plant flowers for her along with my dad, my sister, my cousins, and my aunt. :>

For my mom, my dad and I got her the John Adams series she's been wanting to see since forever. 8D
Jandi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quote        
Yup, it was a 3 piece strawberry scented candle set in these cool red jars Happy
It really smells like strawberrys too! lol Happy

I think a lot of moms like candles, lol :p

I got her those chocolate turtle things.
I'm not sure what they're called, but they're turtles o.o I think XD
Lol, Oh, your making me hungry thinking of white chocolate, LOL!
Nikki

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quote        
@Shiny; Aww, that's cute! I wish I could go see my Gma this Mothers Day... but I'm sure her immediate family is going to hog her anyway. Lol. Plus she lives so far away. What kind of flowers do you guys plant?

@Alyssa; Mmm.. Strawberries. <3 I personally love the smell of coconut candles more then fruit smells. C:

&& I suppose you're right.. XD I don't think I've met anyone who doesn't like candles.

Ooh! Chocolate caramel turtles? My mom LOVES those things too. xD (And.. so do I) I think they have nuts in 'em as well?

Lol~ Sorry. C:
Squid

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:16 am Reply with quote        
    Well, I got my mom a massage. My brother is helping pay so it'll be a full hour. I'll see if my sister wants to chip in, too, so then I don't have to pay the stupid service charge no one told me about, after I already spent a ton of money on it =/

But we're going to brunch tomorrow. Then I have to high tail it to work, which kind of sucks, but I get off early, so maybe we'll go to a movie, too.

But the best mother's day present will come Monday, when we hear about whether or not our offer on a house was accepted. (Well, actually, it'll really kind of suck if our offer is denied, but it'll be amazing if it's accepted.)

Shiny

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote        
@Nikki: Aww :< My grandmother lives about 5 minutes away by bicycle.
We plant all sortsa flowers. I'm not sure of the names of all of them XD; I'd have to ask my aunt. She organizes everything.
Nikki

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quote        

@Squid; Oh damn. You're mom is one lucky woman getting a massage! I bet she was happy. I hope I have a kid like you.. >.>

Good luck with the sale!

@Shiny; Lucky. My Gma lives in Clearwater which is about.. a 2 hour drive away from where I live. >>; Then again I live in the middle of no where...

Shiny

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote        
Most of my family lives really close by XD Actually, everyone on my dad's side. He grew up here. :> I'm so used to everyone being close by, though, so I don't know what I'm gonna do when I go away to college~ XD
Nikki

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote        

@Shiny; My family is scattered everywhere. Most of them are located in Chicago or around there.. Some are in Florida where I live. Others are in Cali, and some random state I never heard of. I even have an uncle in Germany o.o A place where my race honestly shouldn't be. x'D

It's going to be quite a challenge, methinks. I'm sure you'll get used to it though. Thank God for phones, ne?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:50 am Reply with quote        
Hmm.. for mother's day...

Well my family and I just moved into a new house, and my mom has been obsessing over the flowers that grow here. So, I'm going to go weed every single place that grows flowers for her, and of course I'm going to make her something special ^__^

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there! <3

Nikki

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote        

@L; What kind of flowers grow where you live?
    That's really sweet of you, though! If I wasn't allergic to all that junk outside (namely grass) I'd prolly do something similar for my mom. She adors her avocado plant and there's a lot of weeds growing around it. Maybe later I'll put some clothes on and get some gloves...

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote        
My family and I haven't planned anything yet, which I really feel bad about. D:
I think we're going to go to someone's house and barbecue to celebrate Mother's Day. But the barbecue is with a whole lot of people, not just between the family. I'm still trying to think of a way to celebrate with just the family, and then I can give ideas to my dad. :B

hey mang.
I'm Christian! I'm loving it bbycakes.
Aaya-Tan

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote        
We'll be doing our regular thing.

We'll have a dinner, with cake, maybe a few cards and presents, but nothing too special. We don't do a whole lot for holidays 'sept birthdays and Christmas and even then right now we're pretty tight with money.

Out here, gardens aren't allowed (Aka my granddad said no) so we can't grow anything for my gramma or my mother. =A=;

Want a piece of your own? Hit me up!
I've claimed LOL UR FACE. <3
.:Wishing on a Star:.
I have claimed Fuu Sho. He is my Sexy Leader Lover. No touchy.
Aay is : Still semi-hiatus'd due to life sucking so hard.
I don't pvp, so don't bother challenging.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next