Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
kaishi
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quote        
Wow, I'm surprised this isn't a thread on here already.

So, let's discuss our favorite anime and find other fans! ^_^

Here are mine:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - My all-time favorite show. I couldn't tell you why, really. I know it is a little ridiculous at times, but something about it touches my soul and I just love it. I've seen the series through at least 10 times and wouldn't hesitate to watch it again XD

Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms - This show is based on a book series (which I own all of, and that's currently also being published in English), and is my other all-time favorite. It's fantasy and has beautiful animation. Unfortunately the anime was cancelled at episode 52, but since it was produced in story arcs it's not so bad.

Slayers - A classic, this show always makes me happy. Both goofy and intense, it's got the right balance for any show. Recently they came out with two new seasons.

Princess Tutu - Kind of weird in this list, but I absolutely adore this anime. The art is a little childish, but the storytelling is awesome and a little dark. (and I love ballet anyway)

Sooo, what are yours?? :D
Berlin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:54 am Reply with quote        
Papuwa Island - Probably the most hilarious thing I have ever watched. It's hard not to find a favorite character in the huge cast Unless you like female characters. There is only one and she looks more like a man then most of them. Most of it can be somewhat adult, but it's still an awesome watch.

Trigun - Classic. Great storyline. Great characters. Great score. It has the perfect mix of comedy and BA fight scenes. It holds a special place in my heart from being the first real anime I ever watched.

Azu Manga Diaoh - Similar to Papuwa, but much less adult so it can be watched with a younger audience. The entire cast this time is mostly female and it takes place in your typical or not so typical Japanese school.

Kino's Journey - I wish I could watch this one again. It was just beautiful. The episodes can almost all stand alone, though if I remember correctly there is a plot near the end of the series. But sometimes you can find hilarious ties from previous episodes. I once again love the score. But I am just a music freak I guess. XD

Axis Powers Hetalia - If you haven't seen my freak-out in the hetalia thread, lucky you. XD I just wish the episodes were LONGER. And that they were translated. But of course I prefer dubbed. Most of the time, American voice acting is just as good as in Japanese.

Now this is my favorite anime. Manga is a whole other line up. XD
kaishi
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote        
Ooh, yes, I do love Trigun. I haven't watched it in sooo long.... like 6 or 7 years long. I should really watch that again. And Azumanga Daiou is great. XD After a while, I end up really only watching it for Sakaki and Osaka though. u3u;;
I have indeed seen your rant in the APH thread (I'm posting in there too, lol) but since I like the comics more I couldn't include it in my list. I figure if we exhaust anime or no one really posts in here, we can talk about manga too.

The rest I can't say I've watched.... I kind of think I OWN Kino no Tabi XD I got a huge number of DVDs from a friend and have never watched but maybe two of them, lol. Maybe I'll watch it.

DA Gallery || Tumblr || Art Thread || Check out my art shop!
valiantly

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote        
I guess I'll have to come in this topic and say that I've liked anime and manga before. I'm going to totally say that my favorite anime is Love Hina, because that was basically the first (and pretty much the last) anime that I watched. I adored it. It was simply amazing, I read all of the manga, watched all of the anime, got most of the CDs...

But I also really, really like any cute anime, like Shugo Chara, Tokyo Mew Mew, Sailor Moon, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu <3

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:15 pm Reply with quote        
My favorite animes would have to be ouran high school host club, naruto/naruto shippuden, and Tsubasa Reservoir chronicles. Though, theres probably a few more out there that I like that i've forgotten about (haha, I have bad memory at times). Oh wait, I remember one. Deathnote, lol!
Veriantor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quote        
I have alot of favorite animes. Here are a few: Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden,Chobits,Blue Seed,Outlaw Star,Guyver,Ouran High School Host Club.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quote        
I saw the first few episodes of Outlaw Star.

It seemed pretty interesting, but I never got a chance to see the rest, especially since everyone I was watching it with really didn't seem to like it at all.
Ren

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quote        
Fullmetal Alchemist.

Yeeaaah Bouncy Heart

Love the story, love the characters, it's all good.

Not to mention that a second version of the anime is being made to follow the storyline of the books more closely. How often do you get to experience your favorite anime twice? Happy
Veriantor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote        
BerlinHawk wrote:
I saw the first few episodes of Outlaw Star.

It seemed pretty interesting, but I never got a chance to see the rest, especially since everyone I was watching it with really didn't seem to like it at all.

Outlaw Star is a very good anime. I recommended Outlaw Star to everyone it's very good.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quote        
Sweet. I'll make sure to watch it next time I can! Bouncy Heart
Veriantor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote        
You should and if you don't like it you can hit me lol.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote        
Princess TuTu made me laugh so much. I was like...omg...this is so weird..xDD

My favorite Anime would probably have to be Fullmetal Alchemist. I love the story, and Ed 8D <33
I also like Bleach, D.Gray-man, Doubt(It was a short read, I don't even know if it has an anime, but it freaked me out so much xD). I think there's more, I just can't think of them at the moment x.x

Farewell, my shadow, you who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow.
Prince_Phobos

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote        
My favorite animes are

Slayers: It's funny, it has a pretty good plot, and the characters are absolutely wonderful.

Trigun: Great plot, really great. The whole story of how they came to live on their planet is wonderful. Parts of it are heart-wrenching, other's make you laugh really hard.

Sailor Moon: This speaks for itself...

Ronin Warriors: It's old, it's good, though kinda weird.

Dragon Ball/Z: Dragon Ball is cute, follows the story of Journey to the West in it's own way. And DBZ, well.. xD It just is so corny it's good.

Cromartie Highschool: It's like.. Er, strange, just strange. Even the dub is so bad it's good.

Shin Chan: Hahaha. It's cute, and stupid.

Outlaw Star: It's good, I love the characters and the whole science ficiton thing.

Gundam Wing: Same as above.

And.. I can't think of any more right now. I like some anime movies, but like... Most are yaoi, or really violent...

This is my art. Want an avatar drawing? Just PM me and you'll get a free one (though tips would be appreciated x3)
Veriantor

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quote        
Princess Tutu is good I like it. So is Trigun. I'm always glad to meet another Outlaw Star fan.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote        
I love Outlaw Star! ^___^ Yeah~~ Pretty much anything with space, pirates, or fantasy is right up my alley, lol. (although I wont' watch One Piece, lmao) Um um, and I love all the classics you guys are mentioning. I'm not into the new stuff that goes on FOREVER like Naruto and Bleach, though. I haven't finished watching FMA ;_; I know I should, but I'm bad.

No other Gurren Lagann fans here!? LoL I was at work earlier shelving books and found the first volume of the manga already translated. XD I was so excited I bought it even though I already own it D: lolol

I love Ouran too x3 Definitely a good one. Princess Tutuuu... doesn't get enough love, I'm glad you guys like it. It's so cute and funny, but the story is so good!!

Seriously though, if you're a fantasy fan ---->> JUUNI KOKKI. Watch it. xD You won't regret it.

DA Gallery || Tumblr || Art Thread || Check out my art shop!