Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
TheMountainScene

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote        
Koma sighed, his facade seen through.
"I'll try the tea, please."
Great. Just great. Doing awesome until you choke like that. Way to be, Su'Ish.
He felt his spine moan in protest as it bowed toward the tea. He still couldn't feel pain, apparently, which was good, and he was eager to try the hot liquid she had brought him.
LadyHarpy

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote        
Shin placed the up cup against his lips and tilted it so that the hot drink would go into his mouth. After a moment she pulled the cup and and set it down and grabbed the plate of food.

"Here, eat this." She said as she held up a piece of jerky. "It would be a smart idea to put some heavier things in your stomach to so that it doesn't get upset."

bored? looking for a RP to join? check out my profile and read about me, there are some plots there for you to see!
TheMountainScene

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quote        
"Ha! I have more of a kava'mal than a stomach, I'll have you know." ((pot. as in clay pot)) Koma removed the entire jerky strip from her hand with his teeth, eager to put solid food in his stomach.
Immediately, his face contorted at the unusual taste and texture combination.
It tasted like strongly seasoned meat... but it had the texture of tree bark.
"Waf iff viff?" Koma chewed the tough thing and the strong, salty taste went down hard. "I'vff neff hah viff befo."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote        
Shin smiled as she grabbed the teacup again and held it in front of his face.

"It's beef jerky, dried meat that is salted and seasoned so that it will last for a long time before spoiling.It's the ideal meat for long distance travelers that don't have time to hunt."

bored? looking for a RP to join? check out my profile and read about me, there are some plots there for you to see!
TheMountainScene

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quote        
"Ah." He swallowed the salty tree bark and it went down like a rock. The aftertaste made everything, including the tea afterward, taste like salt.
"I wouldn't know. I've always been able to hunt when hungry."
He tried his hand again. This time, it clenched into a fist and his wrist twitched before the hand went loose and unfeeling again.
Slowly, but surely, movement was coming back.
"I think salt ruins meat. It's best fresh or spitted, but salt makes everything," He licked the roof of his mouth after taking a small swig of the tea she held up for him, "Taste like salt."
See? You learn something new every day. Salt=BAD. Whatever salt is. I suppose I should spend more time wityh normal people to learn some more...

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quote        
Shin blinked a few times as she sat down the tea.

"You've eaten raw meat before?" She asked, awe sparkling in her eyes. "Isn't that unhealthy?"

Shin then grabbed the other tea cup that she had brought up and poured herself some. She placed the teapot down and took a large sip of her tea before sighing happily.

"This tea always relaxes me every time i drink it."

TheMountainScene

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote        
Koma blinked, suprised at her reaction. "I've always preferred raw meat to cooked. Is that bad?" Did I say something wrong?
He saw her relaxed expression afterward and decided he didn't.
She seemed so happy here. So content in her wooden box full of plants and salted tree bark. Is this what normal people lived like?
He began to feel his chest go up and down as he breathed under his bandages. He felt relieved at the feeling.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote        
Shin shook her head.

"Well, most people get sick from eating raw meat. I myself have gotten sick after eating an under cooked chicken...Maybe you do have a very strong stomach..."

Shin took another sip of her tea and smiled at the boy.

"So are you feeling better?...You know, i never did ask for your name. More importantly i never gave you mine! Why i must seem rude to have forgotten! My name is Shin, what might yours be?"

TheMountainScene

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quote        
Koma grinned. "I like that name. I'm Koma, but you can call me Su'Ish." ((Rabbit)) Shin. It was short, simple, and he felt it fit the atmosphere. He blushed when he realized what he was going to have to ask her. All of this wouldn't heal in a single night, even with his hightened physical abilities.
He took a deep breath.
"I..." Staying calm was becoming difficult, "I think I might need... you know... a few days b-before I heal and s-stuff..."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote        
Shin smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Koma, you can stay as long as you like or need too."

Shin giggled suddenly.

"Sorry, but your name is so cute and fitting. So what does Su...suii...well what does it mean." She asked. blushing slightly from not being able to say the word.

TheMountainScene

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quote        
At the sound of her giggling, Koma turned a deep shade of scarlet.
That... that was really... ...cute... Koma shook himself out of it.
"It's the language of my people. My parents... they used to be part of a wandering tribe before they settled down in a permanent house. They speak a language that's different than the one most people speak. Su'Ish means Rabbit. When I was little, I was carrying a pack full of wet clothing, and I saw a rabbit run across. So, I decided to chase it, and my parents found out that I could outrun the rabbit. Ever since then, my friends have called me Su'Ish."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote        
"Su'Ish..." Shin repeated."Sounds like something out of a fairy tale..."

She stared at Koma quietly lost in thought.

"Do you miss your parents?" she asked softly after a moment of silence.

TheMountainScene

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote        
Koma looked away. After a long pause, his lips barely moved, "No."
His parents... when they found out about his "gift", they began not seeing him as their son, but as a monster. They lived in constant fear in pain, viewing their flesh and blood son as a "mistake". Koma fled from that place many many years ago. He closed his eyes and said it a little louder.
"No."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote        
Shin frowned slightly and blushed in embarrassment.

"Sorry, i didn't mean to bring up anything painful if I did."

She stood up and grabbed the tray, taking the plate of food and placing it down on the table.

"I'll go take this down stairs ok? I'll also leave the food here so if you do ever get the ability to mover your arms, you have something to snack on."

Shin quickly left the room and shut the door.

TheMountainScene

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh..." Shit. She left. Koma sat in the room by himself, thinking about the many things he learned today.
Shin. She was a nice girl. He could live here for a week or two while he healed as long as she stayed around.
One of his feet cracked the toes and wiggled a bit. Things were starting to move easier. He could clench both hands and loosen them again with enough effort.
All the thinking made him hungry again though, and he knew trying to get food on his own would lead to him laying on the floor, so he sat there, patiently looking out the window, watching all the normal people with normal lives walk by doing their normal business. Partly in envy, but partly in pity.