Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Poll Forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Poll 10

Delete all characters?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 50 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 101 ]
Total Votes : 151

Vickicat

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quote        
I voted no, mainly because it sounds like some people's hard work would get deleted. Though it doesn't matter much to me if it doesn't affect our avatar and items. I don't think I have done anything with the battle system at all, to be honest. I guess if deleting them is something really necessary then okay, I just hope it won't mean people wasted a lot of time on something for nothing.
HenceForth

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quote        
i reset my character every few day's so i say go for it. but other people who spent a lot of time on thier character will object

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quote        
Wait, so we would lose all our stats?
I don't really like the idea then, It took me forever to get to where I am in stats >.>

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote        
I JUST got my second level, so I'd much rather not lose that work. xD;

I mean, rolling for stats, buying weapons, killing monsters, tapping attack, repairing repairing repairing... @ _@; Yeah, I'd rather not.

BUT! If it brings about a new and improved battle system... I think I could cope. Go for it if ya gotta!
Arikana

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote        
Maybe I should make a "Battling for Dummies" guide then. XD

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Ananassa

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote        
If this sort of thing does go down, could we at least have a warning so that we can copy our character's bio for future use or something? Some of the people around here seem to put a lot of effort and writing into their character bios and I'd hate to see them lose that. (Check out the bio of Afanassii's character to know what I mean)

This event = <3
OMG MY FACE

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:05 pm Reply with quote        
I voted no, not because I've put a lot of effort into my character or anything, but on principal. The fact that this site was released to the public with an incomplete battle system in the first place aside, it's unprofessional to force an overhaul like that including character deletion without an initial disclaimer that there is a possibility of such a thing happening. Midoreans, as far as I know, are not Midorean Beta Testers, and have been under the impression that the work they put toward their characters is meaningful.

I don't mean to be overly harsh, but when you release a site publicly (advertising and all), while it is expected that the site will evolve, grow, and get better, which I'm sure this update you're planning will do, it is also expected that such changed will occur in the background. Once you've released your site to the public, it is no longer the responsibility of the users to give up their characters, but your responsibility to go the extra mile in doing those extra lines of code or conversion to move old characters to a new system. Would several hours of downtime be acceptable? Sure. But a complete deletion of the entire character base? Not in my opinion.

LOL UR FACE wrote:
That was a mouth-full.

Ah, my work here is done.
VeigrosDarkness

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:29 am Reply with quote        
hmm..i don't really know what the problems r..but i believe u r doing this 4 a purpose...so, good luck with it ^_^

...save from my Darkness..my precious lady..
gothicMana9
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quote        
mana supports u..
as long as it is for the sake of midorea, Go 4 it!!!!
XD

Wheeeeeeeeee~! Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart

Rei Ann

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quote        
I don't want to recreate my character, sure I don't play much, but I did work hard getting my level and forge that high.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote        
OMG MY FACE wrote:
I voted no, not because I've put a lot of effort into my character or anything, but on principal. The fact that this site was released to the public with an incomplete battle system in the first place aside, it's unprofessional to force an overhaul like that including character deletion without an initial disclaimer that there is a possibility of such a thing happening. Midoreans, as far as I know, are not Midorean Beta Testers, and have been under the impression that the work they put toward their characters is meaningful.

I don't mean to be overly harsh, but when you release a site publicly (advertising and all), while it is expected that the site will evolve, grow, and get better, which I'm sure this update you're planning will do, it is also expected that such changed will occur in the background. Once you've released your site to the public, it is no longer the responsibility of the users to give up their characters, but your responsibility to go the extra mile in doing those extra lines of code or conversion to move old characters to a new system. Would several hours of downtime be acceptable? Sure. But a complete deletion of the entire character base? Not in my opinion.

Actually, the battle system WAS complete and functioning properly when we opened(what do you think we were doing when we opened for beta testers?), the glitches I mentioned before were only recently discovered. (and the cause of the glitches occurred way after we went public)
The only way to fix the errors in the character sheets is to fix the cause, and even then the glitched character sheets cannot be fixed because they are corrupted. This, I know, does not call for a mass deletion BUT I was hoping in the meantime I would be able to add more specifications to character sheets(make race and tribe two separate characteristics etc.) and overhaul a few battle system related features, the first of which would require all users to re-create their character so that they would work with the new specifications.

From the very beginning, before we opened, I had always planned to do a mass deletion.
But since the battle system was functioning properly, I saw no need to. It wasn't until recently when I discovered the glitches that I re-considered the mass deletion.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
VeigrosDarkness

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:49 am Reply with quote        
by the way, when will the characters be deleted?

because we can't battle unless it is changed, right?

...save from my Darkness..my precious lady..
Rei Ann

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote        
So characters are going to be deleted, even though the most people voted no?
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quote        
Probably. But not anytime soon.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Rei Ann

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote        
So we will lose everything and start all over, even our skills, when that happens, meaning I'm asking if your gonna re add people stats and stuff.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next