Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Lotus Festival 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [contest] Design a BMI item! ends@ 8pm tonight!
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:08 pm Reply with quote        

For this contest you will be able to design a BMI(Black Market Imports Item).
    BMI items are rarities only available in the BMI shop. Some are available for 2 months - some only 2 days!
    You will also get to choose how long your item will stay - of course there is a limit.
    Scroll down for the official rules and entry form!

Rules

1.) You aknowledge that all designs you enter into this contest becomes the sole property of Midorea.com and that we have exclusive permission to make it into an item.
    2.) There is no theme - which means anything goes. From laptops to
    Trees, as long as it's fit to be a BMI item!
    3.) Moderators may not enter, unless you wish forfeit your right to judge the entries. It is your choice.
    4.) No bashing of other people's entries, and no critiques unless they ask for them
    5.)Limit of 4 entries per person
    6.) To be sure that you have fully read & agreed to the rules, please place the secret word Fluffy Bunny in your post.
    The secret word(s) may change occasionally after every few entries.

The Prizes

1st place winner will receive 5 gold, 3,000 silver, 200 lotus feathers, 40 Lotus Blooms, a dragon potions set and their design will become a BMI item.
    2nd Place winner will receive 2 gold, 1,500 silver, 100 Lotus Feathers, 1 dragon potion of their choice and 25 lotus blooms
    3rd Place winner will receive 1,000 silver, 50 Lotus Feathers and 10 lotus blooms

All participants will receive 100 Lotus Feather and 5 Lotus Blooms.

The deadline is 2 days after the event ends, so May 16th 2009 8pm Eastern time.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote        
Entrants and Entry Form

Entrants:

Username: Alectio
    Entry(link): http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww182/Venri-gaia/BMIItem.jpg
    Comments: Ignore the head, it's just a rough sketch, the main things be the wings. You've heard of the Fallen Deities? Well this item is for the FallING Deities =P The choice of colour for the final design is completely up to the pixelists, but I just chose my two favourite colours to start with. The items is (of course) headwings, that will have a molting effect, but also be slightly ethereal, as they pass from the land of heaven to the pits of hell.
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): A month, I think

Username:Fuzzey
    Entry(link): http://s5.tinypic.com/4ptt0w.jpg
    Comments:I actually made this during the Lavishing Lovers event since I thought there would be a contest to made an item,and I thought of this.People told me I could enter it for this event so I will Smile
    Does it have a name?Dress of the Deities(FAIL XD)
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month):Erm..2 months?o wo;;[/size]

Username:Chere and Rose
    Entry(link): link
    Comments:The item has two poses. one is at the ankles or legs.
    The blossom will appear there with maybe a stem wrapped around the ankle and leg.
    The hand is the same thing except that the stems curl around the wrists and shoulder and bloom at the hands

Does it have a name? Entangled Lotus Vine
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): 3 weeks

Username: Squid
    Entry(link): [ x ]
    Comments: I'm not an artist. Just a rough idea.
    Does it have a name? Squidbutt? xD Just tentacles would be fine. Maybe something like... form of the water deity?
    How long should it be in the BMI store?: A think a month would be more than acceptable.

Username: Raezarin
    Entry(link): http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu207/Evanrai/kitty.jpg
    Comments: Because no site is complete without kitty items Bouncy Heart . Ignore everything but the tail and ears, they're meant to be part of one item.
    Does it have a name? Kitty?
    How long should it be in the BMI store?: A month for all the cat lovers out there Happy

Username: neomattlac
    Entry(link): Linkage Baby! ;D
    Comments: This blade was forged in the pits of Hell, using the Devil's own horns as its blade, and the hilt from the horns of defeated deities. Once used for fighting the Original Deities, it is now useful for battles, or maybe just skinning that fluffy bunny. Wink
    Does it have a name?Demon's/Devil's Blade(Or Fallen Deity's)
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): 2-3 months

Username: lunexor
    Entry:http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u171/lunexor/bio.jpg
    Comments:
    The birds are silent as a mouse, which is rather odd for these songbirds who love nothing more than to sing their merry songs on a sunny day such as this one. Even the inhabitants of the small Midorea villiage sense some impending doom.
    Then, hurtling through the air comes a metor, which as quick as it scraped across the sky, hurtled into a cow pasture. No one dares approach this space specimen except for few daring people, who slowly walk nearer. . . wondering what could be inside.

Emerging from the metor comes a small group of people, who could almost pass as normal. . . slip into society and become unnoticed, except for their open wounds, not revealing muscles, blood, and bone.
    But mechanics.
    Does it have a name? Bionic Malfunction Base (or anything better you can think of.)
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): 2 wks

Username: glimpse
    Entry(link): http://i39.tinypic.com/oaw7iu.png
    Comments: The "I have an important job involving computers and spreadsheets" glasses. (: In essence, they are glasses resembling computer chips. However, when shrunk down to avatar size they would look a bit different. D: I noticed we didn't have any glasses and this idea popped into my head. I could've easily drawn a fluffy bunny though.
    Does it have a name? The "I have an important job involving computers and spreadsheets" glasses, of course. x)
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): Two months

Username: glimpse
    Entry(link): http://i42.tinypic.com/10h99gp.png
    Comments: This is my second entry. Happy I figured since we had horns, we should have alien antennae. (: I'm assuming they'd be green since, you know...aliens. I wouldn't recommend wearing any fuzzy bunnies with this though. D:
    Does it have a name? Aliennae?
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): One Month

Username: Kasan
    Entry(link): http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e226/Lucius-x-nightmare/item.png
    Comments: An ornimental Trident that goes in the hand or hovering alone. It's linked with Water and Light elements.

Does it have a name? Not that I can think of. Sweat
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): One month.

Username: lunexor
    Entry(link): http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u171/lunexor/BMIENTRY2.jpg
    Comments: Could be a weapon or something, otherwise an equipable item that gives you a spectacular eye color that matches the sword and a pendant.
    Does it have a name? Not really : D
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): One Month

Username: Freshie
    Entry(link): http://i41.tinypic.com/qx3xav.png
    Comments: Earth, wind, water and fire elements from the four event tribes. You can either have then in the front or behind. :3
    Does it have a name? Elements of the Tribes [so unoriginal ;-;]
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): One Month and a week! :O

Username: Urboros
    Entry(link): http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/Urboros/sprites/turtles.jpg
    Comments: summer makes me think of turtles Happy
    they come in the same colors as the site, there is my attempt at turtle shell breast plates, turtle as pets, maybe stylish hats? and of course Mount terror-pin! a background with an angry lava turtle, cause turtles can be ferocious too.
    Does it have a name? Terrific terrapins!
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month):a month and a half?

Username: sweet
    Entry(link): http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/723/pandaw.png
    Comments: this is supposed to be the evil panda hat.he has 2 tooth, which is just right under his mouth..punk hair..and has some piercing..since he's a bad panda XD by the way, those pinky colour is supposed to be the blush Embarrassed
    Does it have a name? Crazee Hat
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): one month? Bouncy Heart

Username:Chi
    Entry(link):click
    Comments: The accessory on the man can be for both males and females. The skirt is female only, the boxers/bra are just random things to cover up the nudity that would of been shown if I hadn't XD So it's not part of the item. The hairband can be males if you want xD
    Does it have a name?Treasure of the Deities
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month):21 days :]

Username: Miyani-chan
    Entry(link): FRUITZ
    Comments: ROAR. Items and stuff involves with fruits. THAT'S RIGHT. FRUITLICIOUS ITEMS. It'd be epic if it's worn on a fluffy bunny. 8U
    Does it have a name? Nah, maybe just like, "Fruitlicious Set" or something.
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): Three Weeks? I think that's alright.

Username: Kasumi Ocada
    Entry(link): http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/midorikumo/My%20Art/Kasumi_Ocada_n_her_Kasurigama_by_ja.jpg
    Comments: This is an older Japanese weapon and one that my OC Kasumi uses. It consists of a chain with a lead weight at one end and a small hand-scythe at attached to the other.
    Does it have a name? Kasuri-Gama (or Kusari-Gama)
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): Iono. Maybe a month and a half?

Username: Megan
    Entry(link): [x]
    Comments: I was doing a report about Apollo, and his lyre reminded me that Midorea needs some instruments. (:
    So, yeah. It's supposed to be a lyre, but it looks more like a tiny harp.
    Ignore the person holding it. D:
    [Reference]
    Does it have a name? Lyre/Harp?
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): One month

Username: Sae
    Entry(link):[x]
    Comments: A rather peculiar sword that radiates a feeling of regret and satisfaction. When held, the wings of its conflict shall be born anew upon your person. Its strength shall see you to victory, and so much more. Beware, for you too might fall prey the souls this blade had slain.
    Does it have a name? Warrior's Deceit
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): A month and 7 days.

Comments: Crafted from the wood of a lotus tree, this staff will be sure to see you through those long, long adventures. Oddly, it is adorned with a dragon's fang. If that wasn't strange enough, the staff seems hot to the touch... And where did those horns come from? Not only that, don't you get the feeling of being watched?
    Does it have a name? Fire Dragon's Possession
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): A month and 2 weeks.

Username: henceforth
    Entry(link): Linkage
    Comments: light blue with silver accents, and decorated with a gauze like cloth, this headdress was worn by the female warriors of the north to inspire courage in battle
    Does it have a name? Valkyrie headress
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): two months i think

Comments: A blue, mysterious flame dances within the confines of this bottle. It doesn't melt the glass... Strange. Maybe if I uncork it a little... Hey! Where'd the flame go?! It just dis- Oh, hey there little guy. Where'd you come from? I didn't know foxes lived around here...
    Does it have a name? Bottled Fox Fire
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): A month.

Entry(link): http://i43.tinypic.com/9lb9xe.jpg
    Comments:Like,WE NEED NUNCHUCKS.EVERY SEXY SITE HAS THEM.
    These aren't normal nunchucks,these are RARE MIDOREAN nunchucks,made by weapon smiths on the outskirts of Midorea.They are handmade with care,each including deity leaves(mido logo at top) and for a strong grip,a layer of firm,smooth blue rock.
    Does it have a name?NUNCHUCKS OF THE DEITIES(or something else,I don't know XD)
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month):1 month,theyre rare Happy

Username: Jintiuroh
    Entry(link): http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p83/GoldKnightPK/MidoreaBMIFiendHood.png
    Comments: This hood and mask combo was said to be used by a terrible fiend who would terrorize peaceful settlements on nights where the moon was full. He would take their livestock, wreck their belongings and howl wildly as he gorged himself on any of their food he could find. That's what legends say, anyway. Historians believe the fiend was nothing but a bandit that would use myth and legend to steal food and property during his rampages. This item is but a replica made from witness descriptions.

Neither the bandit or the fiend have been found to this day.
    Does it have a name? The Fiend Hood
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): This headgear is a pretty hot item for masquerades and such. It'lll only be around for two months.

Entry(link): http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p83/GoldKnightPK/MidoreaBMIRadiantHalo.png
    Comments: This is a replica of the deity's halos, as depicted in art and sculpture. Magic enchantments have been used to keep the glowing piece of material floating weightlessly behind the owner's crown. Be sure to remove it in theaters.
    Does it have a name? The Radiant Halo.
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): Three months. Because enlightenment shouldn't take your whole life!

Entry(link): http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p83/GoldKnightPK/MidoreaBMIAnchientEdge.png
    Comments: A recent archeological discovery unearthed a good many of these large blades. These swords, believed to be remnants of the golden age, are certainly not in the BEST shape, but given their age, they're surprisingly durable. These artifacts would normally be reserved for museums and historical displays, but it seems a few smugglers have gotten their hands on some and are selling them to weapon connoisseurs for a profit.
    Does it have a name? Ancient Edge.
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): Only a month. Can't keep these high-profile items on the market for long before the heat shows up.

Entry(link): http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p83/GoldKnightPK/MidoreaBMILadykillersset.png
    Comments: Believe it or not, this skimpy getup is actually a replica of the armor that the tactical genius Thomas Otaway equipped his soldiers with before leading them into an unheard-of stalemate with a barbaric tribe of amazonian warriors! It's effectiveness in combat is sadly, not applicable nowadays, but that doesn't mean it can't have other uses! A must-have for any armor fanatic!
    Does it have a name? LadyKiller's Aegis
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): Four months! It's the perfect gift for anyone!

Username:Gwendlyne
    Entry(link): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/jazzkitteh/Deitysbelt.png
    Comments:Fluffy Bunny!!
    Does it have a name?Deity's Belt
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month):1 month

Entry(link): Wind, Earth, Water, Fire
    Comments: A canine representing the ruling elements. Loyal, brave, strong, and protective. This beast will make sure you're safe and out of harms way. There seems to be different kinds, though... Their tails and eyes are different, how odd. Maybe it's something to ponder? Err... Why is that one dripping?
    Does it have a name? Elemental's Companion
    How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): 1 Month.

Submission Form:

Code:
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Entry(link):[/b]
    [b]Comments:[/b]
    [b]Does it have a name?[/b]
    [b]How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month):[/b]

Venri

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:07 am Reply with quote        
But this sounds like an awesome contest, I'll definitely be entering =3

Username: Alectio
Entry(link): http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww182/Venri-gaia/BMIItem.jpg
Comments: Ignore the head, it's just a rough sketch, the main things be the wings. You've heard of the Fallen Deities? Well this item is for the FallING Deities =P The choice of colour for the final design is completely up to the pixelists, but I just chose my two favourite colours to start with. The items is (of course) headwings, that will have a molting effect, but also be slightly ethereal, as they pass from the land of heaven to the pits of hell.
How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): A month, I think
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quote        
Added, thank you for your entry! :3

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Fuzzey

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote        

YES!!
I've been waiting for this >:)
Also,can we enter more than one?Cause I got a couple ideas.XD

Entry(link): http://s5.tinypic.com/4ptt0w.jpg
Comments:I actually made this during the Lavishing Lovers event since I thought there would be a contest to made an item,and I thought of this.People told me I could enter it for this event so I will :)
Does it have a name?Dress of the Deities(FAIL XD)
How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month):Erm..2 months?o wo;;

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote        
You can enter up to 4 times. ^^

And thank you! I'll go add it...

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Squid

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote        
    (Are we allowed to chat in here about the entries?
    If not, go ahead and delete, and please don't be mad at me)

I think both of them are really good! Well... By both I guess I mean all of them, because Fuzzey has a few things lol

I reallyyyy wish I were more artistic, because I TOTALLY have an idea, and I'd love to enter :c

Oh well.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote        
It's just a drawing, so as long as we get the general idea from it, you should be fine. ^^

Freshie

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quote        
I shall be joining this contest too. ^^
Gotta figure out what to make though. ^^;;

Fuzzey

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
@Cat:
Okay,just count the dress as one,ignore all the others ^^
I have another idea coming up :D

Chere and Rose

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote        
Username:Chere and Rose
Entry(link): link
Comments:The item has two poses. one is at the ankles or legs.
The blossom will appear there with maybe a stem wrapped around the ankle and leg.
The hand is the same thing except that the stems curl around the wrists and shoulder and bloom at the hands

Does it have a name? Entangled Lotus Vine
How long should it be in the BMI store?(no less than a month): 3 weeks

Boredom Chat <<Page Contest
Hiroku

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote        
Make an item. . . or judge them. . .

Hmmm. . . make or judge?

Embrace the depression
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quote        
Wait, you and I have the option to make or judge?

I'll go with the latter if that's the case. ^_^

Squid

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:32 am Reply with quote        
    Ooh. I really like Chere and Rose's.

It seems like it'd match me very much indeed n_n

Nemui

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:09 am Reply with quote        
hmm i think i might have a few ideas but i need
to sketch them up first.
so i will defiantly be playing around with this one tomorrow
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next