Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Sev en Ester

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:13 pm Reply with quote        
Only thing I can express myself in because I fail epically at everything else in the arts. *wiggles irritatingly short pinky which has made piano, guitar, and viola very difficult to learn*

I love to read and write too, but I could never have the patience to write out a full story, beta read it, fix it, beta again...etc. Instead picture, word bubble, MANGA BABY! >:-D
Iregyura

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote        
I think the thing that drives me into drawing all the time is the want of making something pretty, and drawing is just something I enjoy. I like creating my own things on paper. So I guess that that's what drives me into drawing every minute I have Lips are Zipped
Julia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:19 pm Reply with quote        
Lectures in university always drive me to draw something because they are so boring sometimes. I usually draw anime characters with a friend of mine and we have fun. We sometimes draw husbands and wives for our classmates:) But the pictures I draw while studing are not usually serious. Most often I have the inspiration at home in the evening, and try to draw something beautiful in fantasy style, elves are my fav creatures to draw, they are amazing. Bouncy Heart
decodederror

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:06 pm Reply with quote        
I always find the oldest threads in this forum interessting. Dx Fail on me!

However: Music inspires me to draw, or it rather gets my imagination going. I have almost 250 characters and I work on thier stories daily in my head. I love to illustrate it, and I love to get feeling done into something people can view, and something I can be proud of.
Also looking at others pictures gives me insperation, or just simple words and phrases. To go though for exemple deviantART and simply look at the names of the pictures gives me ideas. It's like music: aside from the feeling itself, the lyric gives me lots of insperation for both stories, pictures, and scenes and situations in stories.

Plus, it's just mostly what I do, it's my life source. It's what gives me a purpose in hard times. C:

Yet another little cheer, and the whole world

will face the consequences of whatever words you spoke.

----
[My deviantART]
.Eliah.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:52 pm Reply with quote        
For me, it's mainly that it's fun and that I want to get better and better. It gives me something to do and I love to practice drawing. But sometimes, I get art blocks and/or frustrated at my skill level that I go for days without drawing. But I think it's mostly the thought of getting better that inspires me to draw plus I sometimes like to draw my characters and stuff.

tavis harts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:45 pm Reply with quote        
I don't know... perhaps it started as a compulsive habit that I learned to love.

I also use it to help me focus. I'm ADD so as long as I am controlling my "distraction" I'm able to concentrate more. It's also a good stress reliever for me. >.>

After working so much with it tho I've just come to love drawing and I start to get twitchy when I can't draw for extended periods of time.
Jack Hemming

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:06 am Reply with quote        
Drawing gives me something to look forward to each day. Whether it's sketching a design, admiring my primacolors that cost way too much money, or reading books about a particular technique or artist, these activities make me feel that there is still something to look forward to in life. Happy Without art, the world would be a pretty sad place, no sense of anticipation...

Art allows me to connect with others who share this interest (like on here!). Art can be a reflection of the world, the good and the bad. It can teach us appreciation through observation. It can also be a teacher. If we allow it, it shows our minds to see things in new ways. It is also an inspiration, a reminder of the beauty of life, and of our own minds. In my opinion, I think the reason I love art so much is because it's a great outlet. I am by no means the most talented, but it is a relaxing and freeing thing to sit down and draw.

Art is a part of daily life no matter how you want to look at it. It affects the cover and layout in magazines, the way window displays are formed, or the simplicity of a single flower (or even the insect on the flower) in a bud vase. Life would be pretty depressing if we couldn't see the artistic value in all these things, wouldn't it?

"Abash’d the devil stood, and felt how awful goodness is,
and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely."

=Played by Natasha=
Martyr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:34 pm Reply with quote        
I used to draw whenever I was stressed or was inspired to. However, since studying at college I have completely lost my artistic creativity. It's been over a year now since I've hit this block and no matter what I do I just can't get past it. I used to be able to happily draw for hours on end from one day to the next, now I can't even pick up a pencil.

It's so frustrating, as I'm sure everyone who's posted can relate to, but now even if I do force myself to draw I feel worse than before when I see I've lost so much of my previous abilities. I admit I suppose I was never very good but before I stopped I was making what I felt to be good progress, now it's as if I've never drawn before in my life.

I think the problem stems from the fact that I previously studied art so I always was / had to draw something. Unfortunately I had a massive argument with my teacher which lead to them blanking me and ignoring my existence. Suffice to say we spent the last few months in silence with barely a word between us.

Also I've completely lost all my inspiration, I used to write some good pieces of poetry but now anything I write is just pathetic. The only thing I'm lucky to still experience is the occasional story plot, but then I've never been good at writing and never found a way to improve my writing. Strange enough though is that I can't stop reading books. It's a real shame considering drawing was very therapeutic for me and helped my organise my thoughts.

To be honest, I just feel sorry for myself and feel pathetic for even typing any of this out. Anyway, I think I've said enough negative things so hopefully so positive will do. The main reason I've joined Midorea is to meet new people that are creative so I can hopefully return to my happy self that drew all the time and wrote pieces of literature.

I think the only way I'll get back into the flow of things is if I have to do a daily challenge to draw / write something. I did try this with the weekly challenges on PixelJoint, but seeing as I can't even draw with a pencil I'm in no position to do pixel art. Unfortunately I can't trick myself into drawing so I really think I'll need helping hand from others.

Sorry for this long rant / sob story, its just that it's been really hard to cope and I know that if anyone would understand my situation it would be the community here.
roam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:34 pm Reply with quote        
I kinda like this thread, its always neat to see why others draw.

I self taught myself to draw when I was 13 and I've been doing it since. I found its a great way to get out feelings and all. I'm the middle child and I've been the quiet, shy one most of my life so I didn't like to talk much, but drawing was a great way of relaying how I felt. It also gave me a new way to put my imagination to use after I grew up and couldn't really play kids games anymore.

So I'm driven to draw by feelings and imagination.
sinderlin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:00 pm Reply with quote        
I draw and do digital art in order to sort of self-medicate myself. I find other people very stressful, so I often start doodling in photoshop as soon as I get home from school. I love trying out odd patterns and designs and thinking up new color combinations, but most of all I love making weird creatures and drawing up things my friends suggest to me. It feels very good to impress people with aquired art skills, but most of all drawing helps me feel calm and collected. It helps me unwind after a long,hard day, like a long hot bath. It also helps me meet like-minded artsy friends, since I really don't get on well with sporty types!
I've been working hard to learn how to be a good artist ever since I can remember, though I think I'd rather make my living as a scientist. If I can't make it as a good scientist, I can always fall back on my favorite hobby and still be happy. Art brings me calm joy, and it's always nice to have a creative outlet for my frustrations.
zenphor667x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote        
I simply draw because it makes me happy, and it's a nice way of self-expression. It's also gonna be part of my career, so I wanna be all BADASSLIKE at it, so I practice a lot lol. I like drawing things for people, or just coming up with the most demented looking crap that comes to my head. You're putting what's in your head on a blank piece of paper, I think that's pretty awesome. Keeping this short for once lol
nekocake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:21 am Reply with quote        
I draw whenever I get a sudden inspiration. That is why I bring my sketch book with me every where I go because you never can tell when you have a brilliant idea! Smile I don't fore myself to draw when I don't have any good ideas because my work never seems to come out as nice looking.
Illusion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quote        
I'd say lately it's school work that's been making me want to draw. I haven't had the time to really sit down in a long time and just relax and draw. Plus the fact that I have off site commissions to finish doesn't help me either... D:
LOL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:58 am Reply with quote        
An inspiring avatar makes me want to draw...
though those are rare.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:09 am Reply with quote        
Hmmm... usually when I draw I have a lot of one emotion or another boiling inside and drawing helps me to express what I'm feeling without having to talk to anyone about any of it whether I am happy, angry, sad or what-have-you. I also tend to draw because I really enjoy drawing and testing my abilities. Art is very inspiring to me and a lot of times even writing or reading helps me to draw as well. Sometimes I also just randomly draw people off of sites because I can. I guess in my opinion art is in my blood and always will be.