Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Urboros

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote        
Mostly to escape class, and mundane things of life :/
I usually don't draw outside of the class room as well, unless I've got vacation time.

I'm really trying to master clay right now.

Lux-Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote        
I have Pages of A4 Paper and a sketchbook full of random Ideas and scribbles; just so that I don't fall asleap or go mad!

So I usually se one of those Ideas and modify it and usually make it better

"It has to do with a bizarre concept called democracy, in which ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens." Nom Anchor, somewhere in the NJO Books...
Clover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote        
Lately only rolepalys, because I'm too lazy to draw something else.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote        
Like you said, ESCAPE.

Just to sit back and push away that messed up question sheet and sketch some OC on the corner of your notebook.
It's great.

Also when I have nothing to do random stickmen will amuse me.

And sometimes I get these random inspirations or ideas of a character.

I think I lost most of them though cuz they were just thrown away sketches on notebook paper.

Boredom Chat <<Page Contest
Kylana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:47 am Reply with quote        
I get super-antsy if I have created something in awhile... I blame my mom for that, heh, since she was always pushing me to learn some new craft or the other.

The problem I've been having lately is that I'm only motivated to draw something when I'm already committed to doing art for someone else--anyone else have that problem? I won't draw anything for days, and as soon as a commish pops up I have 8 million ideas of my own that I feel like I have to do right that second. Of course by the time I'm done that steam has long gone, meh. I need to offer sketches or something just to get myself going (not to mention the practice, eh?)
Molly Magpie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:23 am Reply with quote        
For me its that I love art, but it’s the only thing I can do.
I’m very dyslexic and anything to do with brain power is just out of my reach, so art is litaly the only thing I’m reasonably good at ^^;

:o:
Shouffle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:10 am Reply with quote        
I have noticed that Wikipedia inspires me : D And music.
Lately I've had a huge artist's block, so I have just forced myself to draw. Most relaxing I think is to draw with marker pens that you cannot erase. Sometimes it's very depressing tho.
Purochen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote        
I am mostly inspired to draw by pressure from "more important things" as well lol. Nothing beats neglecting homework and other things than drawing C:

Oh and art from other people and different styles inspire me a lot... I tend to go all "I WANNA DRAW THAT TOO" and end up with some mixture of my own style with that other person's~ (I do credit them if the resemblance in style is very present, but that rarely happened)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quote        
The images stuck inside my head. They drive me to arts. *crazyfaic*

But no, I think having an idea I want to get out, or music. Music makes me want to draw a lot. I love listening to music on the computer and sitting drawing at the desk.

It's so lovely. Bouncy Heart

Or just when inspiration hits, I guess.

Maybe that's my problem. That I don't have enough I really need to get done that leads me to doodle when I shouldn't be. x3

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
SenselessPi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:24 am Reply with quote        
For me, I'll doodle something when I'm bored and there's no one else in the immediate area to watch. I'm the type who draws the naked form before I add the clothes, and believe me, there are plenty of people who'd see someone sketching like that and go "OMG you perv! Oh Mai " As you can imagine, that's the most annoying thing in the world for an artist.

Usually though, I'll get an idea based on whatever game/book/movie/TV show that's been holding my attention for the past few days. Say for instance, I get stuck in a Bleach craze. I'll draw my Bleach OC doing something, or I'll draw a favorite character.

I'm also driven to draw simply because I'm the type of person who always has to keep their hands busy. Whether it's moving my bookmark down the page as I read, twirling my hair, or holding the DS up while I play, I just HAVE to keep my hands doing something. If they aren't preoccupied, they usually end up twirling my hair, which irritates people sometimes. Duh
MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote        
D'aww, hair twirling is cute. :3

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
SenselessPi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quote        
Laugh You think? It's a habit I've had since I first sprouted hair. As such, it's hard to get rid of.
Aj_

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quote        
I draw because it gives me a way to express myself in ways that I can't. If I don't want to (or can't) tell anyone how I'm feeling, I'll draw (whether I'm going to show the drawing to someone or not) to let my feelings escape. It's a sort of relief. When Everything gets bottled up I put a pencil in my hand and get to work, and in ten minutes I feel like a weight's been lifted off my shoulders. Not only to express my feelings, but my thoughts/ideas and beliefs also. I sometimes feel like I can break a gap between others I know and myself by drawing out for them.

When I draw in class on the margins of my paper it's so that I can remember things easier.
Sweat
Lux-Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:16 am Reply with quote        
Usually from a random Idea, but more often from looking at other images...

Or plying for ideas...

"It has to do with a bizarre concept called democracy, in which ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens." Nom Anchor, somewhere in the NJO Books...
Venya

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:49 pm Reply with quote        
It keeps me busy and proud at the same time. I love just Doing something with my hands and drawing and writing seem to do it just fine. And it gives me something to do when Mother wants to go out for a few hours with me.