Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Lilykin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:46 am Reply with quote        
So, I'm up at some ungodly hour finishing up school work and all I want to do is draw.
And draw.
And draw.
I find that I'm more inclined to doodle or mess around with clay and such when common sense tells me I should be doing something on my priority list.

So what drives me to make art? Escape.
Not necessarily always from things like homework but still, it's my happy place. Just me, a blank sheet of paper, a pencil, and a whole new experience to explore.
I don't know how I'd live without it.

What makes ya'll go all artsy fartsy, eh? Happy

*goes back to researching her paper*

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:00 am Reply with quote        
Yup, it's funny how everything seems more interesting when you know you should be doing something else... I had the same problem when I was studying ^^

I just love drawing (and arts in general, but I'm better at drawing...). It's my way of expressing myself and how I feel, kinda like a diary, but safer since no one understands what I was thinking when I drew something. It's how I relax or decompress after a long day. Though, it also became a way to escape from things I think are boring (homeworks, courses, etc.). It's like a part of my brain is trying to take notes and the other just wants to draw bunnies on the side of my notebook... Not really useful, but I usually have more ideas when it's not the time to have them, so I just quickly note them somewhere and draw them when I have some time.

Prince_Phobos

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:01 pm Reply with quote        
Anything and everything can drive me to make art. It depends on my mood, my thoughts, the time of day, and what I've been reading/learning.

It's an escape, but also a learning mechanism for me; I often draw in class to escape, though doodles can pertain to what I am learning about. As well, if I'm thinking about something when I'm at home and I am in an artsy mood, I'll draw. I just enjoy it; I'm not necessarily great at art, but I have so much fun doing it.

Of course, I experience artist's block all too often, but when I'm relaxed and thinking about something I'll draw. It's a good way to let the creativity flow.

Fallain

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:16 pm Reply with quote        
I'd tell you if I could, but I honestly can't. I can just be sitting here on the computer, or driving in the car and all of a sudden an uncontrollable motivation to draw or paint something in my mind takes over.

It drives me nuts sometimes. Especially while i'm at work.
Sai

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quote        
Apart from loving to paint, draw, write, etc, it seems it's the only thing I can do right xD I draw on the paper towels on restaurants, I doodle on class (it actually helps me memorize stuff, if it's just a simple sketch), I think about what to paint the next day while I'm trying to sleep... It's my life, I guess.
kaishi
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote        
Well, art USED to be an escape for me. I was sick a lot during high school, so I basically had nothing better to do with my time (certainly not schoolwork >_>;; ). I was miserable, and drawing was something I enjoyed. During college I had less and less time, and oftentimes pretty much all I'd do artwise was doodle in my notes. But I HAD to draw sometimes, or my mind would just stop.

The reason I am compelled to draw is simply because about 80% of my brain is filled with stories and characters that I simply have to get out one way or another. I am constantly creating and imagining, and I love to get those ideas onto paper (or ... computer) or into writing. Apart from that, it's just fun! XD
Cougati

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote        
I did, and still do, a lot of writing. So a lot of the art I draw is of the characters from my stories. They just naturally leak out somehow.

My friends are all artists too, so that's a huge inspiration/motivation.

But I think mostly, my dreams. Day dreams or sleeping dreams, which ever. I have the most drugged up dreams of anyone I have ever heard. And they almost always inspire me to draw. Not that I ever draw anything FROM my dreams, but just having them be that way is sort of what keeps me going.

But really, when I started, I was suffering from clinical depression, and I was suicidal. I tried to tell people and get help, but no one believed me, so I did the only things I could, draw and write. And that helped like...so much. So now I use art as a stress eraser too. Happy
Veriantor

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:22 pm Reply with quote        
I love to draw. I draw all the time. What gets me into a drawing mode is either I'm bored or I have an idea and I want to draw it before I forget.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote        
I think most people have that sort of motivation. It seems to be a common thread for artists.
Ren

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quote        
I like to have a way to slap down my ideas and get a better look at them.

Besides, it's just fun. And I was kind of amazed at how great it is for de-stressing. Maybe that's the reason I'm so laid-back. Happy
Berlin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:58 pm Reply with quote        
Almost anything can inspire my artwork, but nothing more than music (Mozart and Ravel more that anything else), books, movies, and history. But I am constantly drawing and there is rarely a time when I don't want to draw anything at all. I'm not sure what keeps me going, I can now draw a lot more than I used to.

AP art class really helped me to constantly produce. It also got me to draw more than what I was comfortable with (people and animals) and even improved my artwork more than I though possible in such a short amount of time.

Looking back on how far I have come is also helpful in motivation. I feel like if I can go that far, I wonder what the future can hold. On the same note, looking to what inspired your earlier pieces can help inspire you. Sometimes I just sit back to draw older characters or ideas I had before.

I don't know. I just love drawing. XD
Regina

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:50 pm Reply with quote        
I draw because either I have to for something, I'm bored, or I feel the pressure to get better at drawing. It feels like I have to draw 'this good' at a certain age, and I have to draw 'like that' when I reach some other artist's age.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote        
I usually start drawing when I get inspired by something - another drawing I've seen somewhere or an idea that just pops out... I've caught myself a lot of times being inspired to draw by music. Just listening to a good tune could give me enough energy to keep going until forever.

& I too like to draw when I have something else to do. Today I was drawing even when I should have been getting myself ready for work xD But inspiration hit me,so I just grabbed the pencil. Dunno why thing affect me this way!

I have a friend who can draw only from one song. Every time she hears that song she starts drawing like crazy! Ideas just come & come & come! She's like a maniac,when she hears her song xD I guess everyone has their own inspiration resources!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote        
Usually,I will draw what I think in my head or if I`m listening to
music.Once I was listening to a Mexican song,and I drew a random person wearing a sombrero.
I think up some crazy crap. Happy
IndigoButerfly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quote        
Art is my stress relief... seriously... I'm known in my class as "the girl that draws during classes" and the teachers think I'm just not paying attention. Truth is, when I doodle in class it means I'm stressed, and I feel better when I draw....
I think it's a mental disorder, but because my class practically ignores my existence and I don't really have anyone to talk to about things I like in school... I draw.. I draw when I'm sad, I draw when I'm happy, I draw when I'm stressed... something I can't express verbally because of the ignorance I express through my art, which also goes un-appreciated because it's "anime" and no one in my class thinks it's cool... just strange and a bit gross. Though they have their moments when they like my art... I can't say they're total ********* ... some of the time...

I pity myself when I get art-blocks ... imagine you wanting to say something but someone shuts your mouth and doesn't let you have a say. That's how I feel when I have art blocks in school...

Maverik & Me
Maeve's mah mastah Happy