Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Smoke to calm stress and chronic headache?
Not Acceptable
68%
 68%  [ 47 ]
Yeah, if it will help
18%
 18%  [ 13 ]
Other - please comment
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 69

Poofle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote        
Cliched as this may seem, there are tond of other ways to calm yourself down and de-stress. Such as talking about it to someone, taking a good long walk, screaming into your pillow/out loud if there's no-one to disrupt, taking up a hobby like writing/drawing/painting and stuff. Smoking seriously does harm yourself and the people around you, plus it smells bad too and I seriously know very few people who'd want to be around a smoker (unless their friend starts smoking, because they'll feel bad not befriending someone just because they start smoking) but nothing good can come from smoking, really. It's a waste of materials just to produce the cigarette and so many medical reports and x-rays and things like that show how smoking can actually blacken your lungs, etcetera. I think smoking's just highly gross but I can understand how many who want to quit simply cannot because it's highly addictive, like drugs.

So don't ever, EVER even start or you'll have the hardest time of your life just trying to stop.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:06 am Reply with quote        
People who do it are careless and can only live in the present. I don't have anything against smokers, just don't repeatedly ask me to join and don't do it around me. Excuse: I got asthma

Nuff' said

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote        
I think that you should try to find something that isn't as physically damaging as smoking cigarettes to help you with your stress and chronic head aches. Go and get checked out at the doctors if you haven't already, and don't be afraid to hunt down the answers that you deserve either. Sometimes a second opinion is necessary and the headaches may mean something else could be going on with you.

Before you make your choice about smoking do your homework on it as well. Get to know all the risks associated with smoking as well as the long term effects. I own this book and its really informative about smoking among other things so look into it before you make your choice, because in the end its your choice and you have to be willing to live with the consequences. If you can't find anything that would assist you better, and you're alright with what it could do to you then go ahead.

Although I would say that before you resort to store brought ones you should invest into looking into the possibility of growing your own tobacco plant. There are a ton of things that go into making a cigarette that you really don't want in your system. You can look at them here if you like. I say that because I think that what's helping you out the most is the nicotine, (it works in the body as a stimulant and as a relaxant. Users report feelings of relaxation, sharpness, calmness, and alertness, although it can sometimes cause restlessness.)in the cigarette, not the act of smoking.

Oh and you may also want to look into a nicotine replacement as well, it may end out being better for you than smoking in the long run.
Imaginative Sarah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote        
I hate smoking,alchohol, drugs...all of it! my biological father he drink,smoke weed/mariana (one of those idk) and cigs too i believe...not aorund him anymore though,we moved to another state. and my step dad also smokes though.. I never could stand cigarettes.
nekocake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote        
I just want to tell you to be very careful about this whole smoking thing. It is very easy to get hooked, it can only take the first few times. I just want you to be safe because smoking can be very dangerous. My uncle smoked to much and had to have a breathing hole thind put into his throat and he is very sick.
Ethereal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote        
Once in awhile? There is no such thing, I smoke and sometimes it sucks. I've quit months at a time just because it doesn't taste good anymore. Not that it can actually TASTE good, I mean all the shit they put in them yuck. It's more of a habit, and before you know it you're buying and smoking more than you ever thought you would.

Although, for me I am glad because there are many times throughout the week that I won't even pick up a cigarette because I just don't want one. My friends who also smoke think I am crazy if I can go without. Well, if I don't have or I don't want one, why should I smoke it? o_o I would highly recommend just not picking one up in the first place.

WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote        
I hate smoking my mother smokes and I find it really disgusting,
its just smells horrible and doesn't even look that great when they
are doing it. I just hate the whole aspect plus Id rather spend that
money on books or craft things which is my addiction rofl

Siege Heart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:25 pm Reply with quote        
I would never smoke no matter how stressed out I am, thats what sleep is for. I just can't stand the smell of it, especially when its right in the wind blowing at you. Lips are Zipped
ecco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:12 am Reply with quote        
Cigarettes do smell pretty gross. A joint, however... Cool

MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote        
Meh, grown up with smokers in my family all my life, some started at 10 years old!

Now my mother has teeth so bad, all of 'em have to get ripped out, and replaced.

Yeah. Tell me that isn't worse then headaches or panic attacks.

Besides the teeth, addiction to anything sucks. Take a pill or find a way to relieve yourself. Like a juice, or a nap, or something.

Me, I sleep though every problem I ever have. And believe you me, I have had a bunch of them!

I also think smoking of any product isn't really good for you. Tobacco or joints. Both to a certain extent make you feel better, and one is safer than the other.

But not to smoke at all is truely a thing to be proud of. Fresh air and clear breaths taken for granted. Hell, in cities it's hard to get "fresh air" anyways.

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!
TemaPup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote        
Honestly, I feel it's up to discretion. I smoked at a young age and now I rarely smoke. Only ever to calm my headaches or calm my anger. I know it can hurt you, but it's honestly my body. I don't like being controlled, so I try not to control others.