Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Smoke to calm stress and chronic headache?
Not Acceptable
68%
 68%  [ 47 ]
Yeah, if it will help
18%
 18%  [ 13 ]
Other - please comment
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 69

moonlitdream

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote        
A friend of mine started smoking and I had to hide it from their parents for a long long time. They ended up getting into massive amounts of trouble left and right for taking things from their parents and friends for money. They say in the end, it wasn't even worth it to begin with. Therefore...Smoking...Bad... Duh

ecco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:09 am Reply with quote        
It has its benefits. Cures a panic attack in moments, for instance. *nodnod*

emily3853

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:08 pm Reply with quote        
personally i think that smoking is a choice i dont cause im not old enough and i dont wanna get sick but as long as its not around other people its the smokers choice
Rin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:17 pm Reply with quote        
Smoking is nasty and wrong but as long as you do it somewhere by yourself then go ahead. In Sweden we don't have smoking areas, you can smoke anywhere outside and it's really annoying for me who can't breath properly and it's like I get asthma attacks even though I'm not supposed to have asthma. Well anyway it smells poop and it's not good in anyway. It might look cool on movies and in anime but in real life people gets cancer and smells shit so it's not that great after all. Yeah maybe that's a weird thing to say. I think you really shouldn't smoke at all. If possible, don't even start. That's my way to deal with thing. Of course I don't drink or intend to drink alcohol either. I'm fine with my milk and fruit juice thank you.

Sorry I haven't been here in ages, I should probably start a new quest too for other items.
Thanks to all past donations. You didn't give me that silver for nothing!
Tempest Maximum Aleta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quote        
I do NOT believe in smoking for any reason what-so-ever. I think you should find another way to help your headaches. How 'bout seeing a doctor about them? Either way, trust me, lung cancer, yellow teeth, and a foul smell that makes people not want to be around you is probably much MUCH worse than headaches. Neutral

^ Meet Zahi, a character I had before I joined Midorea. XD Irony, no?
Sailor_Gunner_Cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quote        
I've never heard of smoking calming headaches before
being around it usually makes mine worse

like any addicting thing once you start, it's going to become more constant
personally I can't stand it, cigars are the only thing I can be around and only for short periods

I would just invest in acetamenophin for headaches, I use it all the time for my migraines
and stress, just go for a run or go to a gym and take a fitness class, it'll release endorphins and you'll feel better, when I'm stress I just run until I feel better

BiscuitQueen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quote        
Remember, one leads to another one, and so forth. If you're stressed out, release your anger else where. GO EXERCISE!!! Happy You'll get healthier, relieve stress, and become more attractive.

If you have headaches, go take a nap, take pills and don't be in a bright room.

Smoking is unattractive, and the affects from it is even worst.
kornluv3r

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote        
I think that because the term smoking can mean many different things we should look at a different way of looking at it. Smoking in my opinion can mean smoking tabacco or smoking weed, or smoking meth, or any other substance you can smoke. Now weather they are bad or not depends greatly on who you talk too. Tabacco can be used to calm a person in its natural and pure form, meaning strait from the plant, and dried in the sun. A very natural way of curing tabacco. Weed can also be used to help people because when done right, just like tabacco, it can help vastly with people who are depressed or suffering from any other ailment. The reason why weed has got such a bad name is because the people manufacturing it do things to the plant that cause people to become more addicted to it. Meth though, no matter how you split it, no matter how you treat it, its going to be bad for you.

In short, weed and tobacco in their original and puriest forms are the most healthy smoking items we have. Meth....not so much
Ashlen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:17 am Reply with quote        
Eh, it doesn't bother me when other people smoke, but I obviously it's something you should try and avoid simply because it's so addicting. Cigarettes are expensive and unhealthy, and there are people out there who will get pissed if you smoke around them.

Except cloves. I don't normally smoke because it doesn't really have any kind of effect on me, but if someone has some cloves I melt, I just love the smell so much.
TGPretender

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:56 pm Reply with quote        
From a purely physical standpoint, smoking is dangerous even if it has a few positive effects. It's also recklessly endangering the people around you. Second hand smoke can be just as devastating as first hand. Think of the people around you and the poisons you're introducing to them and yourself. The positives just don't outweigh the negatives.
TeaTheBunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote        
Addictions are never chosen they just happen whether you want them to or not. The moment you smoke without thinking about it you are doomed.
Lady Lyria

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote        
I don't mind it when people smoke away from me, but I have no plans on ever doing it. It's only self-harming, however I guess a cigar once every two blue moons won't kill you. Very few people in my family smoke, and those that do only smoke on rare occasions.
Seren Meinir

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:29 pm Reply with quote        
I believe it is no one's business if someone smokes or not. I don't smoke, in fact I believe in letting people do what they want (to a certain degree.) After all America is a free country! I believe no one has a right to judge someone because they are smokers, obese, alcoholics, or anything else. It is not our place to judge.
Taimya

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:11 pm Reply with quote        
I think, personally, smoking is terrible.
Everyone in my house, other than my brothers and mother, smoke, and so, I have weak lungs, just as someone else in here, and it is difficult for me to run a mile for my P.E. health class... Although U.S. is a free country, people should not have the choice to smoke, and Cigarette/Tobacco companies should be shut down, since they do help kill people. I have no idea who thought it would be smart to put terrible diseases into something that people use. I can't imagine ever smoking.. I want to try and be as healthy as possible, and live long.
For people who do smoke, I pity them, and have a hard time being around them, and I can't help but tell them that their shortening their lives dramatically if done too much.

Lady Lyria wrote:
I don't mind it when people smoke away from me, but I have no plans on ever doing it. It's only self-harming, however I guess a cigar once every two blue moons won't kill you. Very few people in my family smoke, and those that do only smoke on rare occasions.

(( I know this is from.. quite some time ago >< ))

It does not only harm the person doing it, like I said above, and few others, the smoke harms people around them. Non-smokers who room/live with smokers, can develop diseases the cigarettes carry in them..... So don't think that. Try to stay away from smoking as much as possible, because it can hurt you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:11 pm Reply with quote        
i'd like to know what your views on other drugs are, such as alcohol and prescription drugs. alcohol is far more dangerous for the user and those around them than tobaco is, for a start.