Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Killing.is.fun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote        
Ok so im kinda of a goth/emo personality but it seem like the only friends I have made in Highschool so far are kinda preppy spunky people. Most of my old friends who meet my new cant belive we are actly friends. I guess the Old saying might be true Oppisits do Attract.

Has this or anything like this ever happened to anyone else or am i just bad at making friends?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:13 am Reply with quote        
Don't believe you're bad at making friends! Haha. ^^ It seems to me that you're just open to different people and things.

I suppose I've seen a few "opposites attract" situations. My friend's parents are very opposite in the social, and were even more oposite when they met. But they balance each other out, you know? I'm a very wordy person (I'm sure we're all aware that I can write a story on anything) and express my emotions verbally whereas my boyfriend - and a lot of my friends, now that I think about it - do so physically. So I do suppose that the saying is true.

Hiroku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:52 am Reply with quote        
Its not the same. . . but I kinda was friends in most every type of group or click. . . I didnt fit in anywhere but at the same time I was everywhere.

Merrr. . . >_>

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote        
I know what you mean. I did that a lot in middle school. D:

Hiroku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:19 am Reply with quote        
yeah thats how all of High school was for me. . . I knew at least one type of person from every different click or group at my school. . . But Mind you I was never popular.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote        
So far in high school (I'm a sophomore) I've stuck with one group. A mixture of preps, nerds, and emos. XD Hm... well, one of the emos is skater-ish.

Tod Engel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote        
My girlfriend is a hyperactive preppy girl and I'm a laid back depressed goth... I take it that would count?

My PSP is my computer, so I'm a little slow to reply. Bear with me.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quote        
Hahaha, that counts, Tod. Hm... I'm a hyper girl and my boyfriend is laid back, but you know, I think those traits are fairly common among guys and girls.

*thinks about another polar situation*

I'm fairly intelligable with an extensive vocabulary and little common sense whereas he is fairly intelligable with a small vocabulary and has a lot of common sense. *nods*

Hiroku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote        
I am attracted to females. . and I am a male. . .

But then again there are same sex attractions.

However if you think about it. . . how can opposites not attract. . . cause you cant be attracted to you. . . >_> unless there is a duplicate of you. . . and no two people are the same.

I do realize thats not how its meant but the thought came to mind so I posted it.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote        
You know, I was waiting for someone to come in and speak technically. Thank you for that, Hiro. xP

Hiroku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quote        
well with me being incredibly sarcastic I have become rather talented at breaking things down to a most Technical term. . . and it is fun. Mind you I realize so much of what humans say and do is not meant to me taken in its literal form.

and you are welcome XD

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quote        
I do that a lot but I know people aren't looking for that answer, so I just answer as spiritually as possible. ^^;

Hiroku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
when someone really has a question they want answer. . . and if it isnt just a yes or no thing I usually try to show them more then one possible view point/choice/outcome. . . Kinda give them a chance. . . so many people think that there is only one choice to things. . . but really there isnt. people can do whatever they wanna do. . . it may not always work. . . but we all have free will.
NaomieKeiko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
Actually XD I believe that saying is true on so many levels. As a matter of fact in junior high I met Arran who is now both my best friend and girlfriend XD I never could have imagined myself being gay/bi and honestly when we first met each other we nearly ripped the others throat out xD We didn't get along AT ALL and we have opposite opinions when it comes down to almost anything but we're still very much infatuated with each other and its almost insane because noone believes that we're really friends or going out because they knew how we used to be around each other and even now we still fight like cat and dog XD but we still love each other Smile
XD And as far as friends go I hang out with everyone. People call me emo/goth and I hang out with some of the preps and the nerds xD Don't get me wrong, I hate preps for the most part and really don't get along with most of them but I can befriend almost anyone ^^ I'm not really into the cliques and labels thing :P I'm just friends with whoever I think is cool XD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
a thing about the whole opposites attract is. . .

A lot of people crave something different then themselves. . . whether its different to the state of near hate or just complete different style and what not. The same thing is boring. . . and even more at a younger age change is your life. . . people say its scary or some crap. . . but its not something you can stop.

Opposites are different and different is interesting. As far as opposites working out and lasting? thats purely dependent on how the people work. . .not how opposite or similar they are.