Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Poll Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Poll 7

Should all character names be changed to user names?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:36 pm Reply with quote        
I was thinking of changing all character names to user names to cut back on confusion, especially when donating items. What are your thoughts on this?
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quote        
Absolutely. It would be really easy for someone to get an item by accident, and to not return it to the sender afterwards. Some users would complain that their names are too hard to find on the list without adding a character such as * before it, but I think it's been stated before that we'd have another way to donate items someday, right?

Also, this has already caused confusion with some users trying to make a character name that's different from their username. I know I've witnessed two or three users with that problem.

Vito

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quote        
Yes.
'Nuff Said

http://dragcave.net/user/iCrayola
http://icrayola.mondozoo.com <--Zoo
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote        
I agree with Chu, I'm always confused, I could be sending something to someone with an 'A' name, but there character's name is something elese, and I have to search the list for it.

::Shop::
Adanoi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote        
Hey, I had a good idea ^_^; Isnt it possible to just list their user name in the donating page? I mean....that would eliminate all the confusion, and people could still name their characters whatever they want, and not be limited by their user name ;p Unless.....this is not possible >_>; then I say, YES xD But my idea makes sense to me ;p

My own personal lap-warmer (aka kitten)
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quote        
That's a good idea, but there would still be confused users wondering why they can't create a character if they're using a common name. D:

Adanoi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote        
o.O Why cant we just let people name them whatever they want, I mean, if character names arent public, and only for battling purposes, why cant multiple people have the same character names? I mean, I dont think that would cause any confusion at all, as long as all trading, donating, and other functions were still completely based off your user name, which is understandable to have only one of each on a site. xD I dunno, it makes perfect sense to me. ;p

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote        
No, you're right, it does make sense. XD The problem though, is that's not the case.

At least I don't think so. D: If you can merely go based on username, there shouldn't be a problem. I just don't know if we can.

Character names, I think, are meant for RPing purposes only.

Adanoi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote        
o.o *Ada confuzzled* Ummm.....cant we just make up names for RPs? xD Like, for individual ones? I know thats what I did when I was still RPing on Gaia. I thought names were just for battling XD

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quote        
I'm sure, but the purpose could be extended beyond that. o-o

Adanoi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote        
>_> <_<....................welll.....it shouldnt xD In my opinion, youve chosen your username, you have your battling name, and you can make up an infinite amount of names for different RPs. ;p Thats really all I have to say tho, and I understand how youd want to be able to have your character name visable and used for RPs, but people may want to change it for different RPs and then we'd be back to the original problem with the names xD And I think that coding different names for each RP would be a BIT of a challenge for Cat, even with all her skill ;p

Vickicat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:03 pm Reply with quote        
Yes. It would be a lot less confusing.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote        
Adanoi wrote:
>_> <_<....................welll.....it shouldnt xD In my opinion, youve chosen your username, you have your battling name, and you can make up an infinite amount of names for different RPs. ;p Thats really all I have to say tho, and I understand how youd want to be able to have your character name visable and used for RPs, but people may want to change it for different RPs and then we'd be back to the original problem with the names xD And I think that coding different names for each RP would be a BIT of a challenge for Cat, even with all her skill ;p

*nod* I understand that. The only reason I assume that it has RP purposes is because they're is also a bio in there. Maybe it's merely meant for Midorean roleplays.

Or maybe it has no point at all. O:

All I can come to is that a character name is pretty pointless when you get right down to it.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote        
Adanoi wrote:
Hey, I had a good idea ^_^; Isnt it possible to just list their user name in the donating page? I mean....that would eliminate all the confusion, and people could still name their characters whatever they want, and not be limited by their user name ;p Unless.....this is not possible >_>; then I say, YES xD But my idea makes sense to me ;p

The user names are not alphabetically organized, so that would just make it even more difficult to find the person... So changing all of the character names to user names would let it be alphabetically organized. And also it would allow me to add a way to donate items by typing in character names(since it would be the same as their username, cutting back on confusion), because the donation of items and stuff is done through the RPG part of the site(inventories are part of the RPG aspect of the site, which is why you have to create a character to access the shops or your inventory).

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Adanoi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote        
Ohhhh.....I didnt know about that, well, then my vote is for yes, to make them the same ^_^; I mean, going with what Chu said, character names are pretty pointless ;p

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next