Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Elizabetta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:07 am Reply with quote        
My favorite book series are Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Heroes of Olympus, and a few others that I don't really remember, since I tend to read only stand alone books.
Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote        
My most favorite book series is probably Hunger Games. I've read Divergent, Dune, Harry Potter (actually, wait, this one is my most favorite of the older series I've read), Narnia, and Lord of the Rings series.

I'm about to start on the Libriomancer series and Little Brother series.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:41 am Reply with quote        
I approve of Saygen's choice. I read the hunger game books also. The movies are made for young viewers. The books ain't! If anyone thinks that the story is to childish based on the movies, it would definitely be worth the time to read the book. Although I have never heard of the Libriomancer or the Little Brother Series.

I can't really back Elizabetta up. I have to admit that I have only seen the movies from the Percy Jackson collection, not the books. The movies were good but I kept expecting a game of quiddich to break out. The books are probably better.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:53 am Reply with quote        
Discworld. There's no two ways about it, every Discworld book is totally awesome. I have yet to read 'Snuff', but it's a Vimes one so it's bound to be awesome, especially as it comes on the tail end of Thud.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote        
That's another series I've never heard of before. I'll have to look it up.

Libriomancer was suggested by a friend as "awesome for people who read tons of books." Not really sure what that means, but she's in total support for it and it was only $7.99 on Nook. The little brother series is a post apocalyptic, nerdy adventure series that a woman at a bookstore said "the entire staff read and loved." We shall see.

Yes! Hunger Games really isn't much of a kids book. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a classic in the future.