Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Revolushion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote        
ARTEMIS FOWL! DIVINE BY MISTAKE! MODERN FAERIE TALES! INKSPELL!
Good Lord, there are so many others... Harry Potter, anything by Holly Black, um, How to Deal with Dragons, I should probably stop the list here because if I don't I may as well just take out every book I own and write it down... <-<;;

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:54 am Reply with quote        
Hmmm...I like a lot of books, and series. The things I read are usually weird fantasy and fiction though. Sweat

Right now I'm in the process of reading The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. Those are really good, I think. I also like the Anita Blake series by Laurel K. Hamilton. I always have a special place in my heart for the Harry Potter books; same thing goes for the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Also, I will forever love The Lord of the Rings trilogy, just because. :3

There are more, I'm sure...but that's it for now. xD;

Sharm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 am Reply with quote        
Oh, wow, this is hard. Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Alcatraz VS., Percy Jackson and the Heroes of Olympus, Discworld. I'm sure I'm forgetting favorites, there are so many fun things to read and I love reading!
Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote        
My favorite series is definitely the Magic or Madness trilogy by Justine Larbalestier. It's a fantasy series, albeit sometimes really awkward, that has a unique twist to the idea of magic. I absolutely love it! I also just generally love fantasy though. Other series I really liked included the Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis and Laura and Tracy Hickman, the Rhapsody Trilogy by Elizabeth Haydon (I didn't get past the original trilogy, so I don't know how I feel about the Symphony of Ages series as a whole), and Wizard's Ward by Deborah Hale. I didn't much care for the sequal of Wizard's Ward, but it wasn't too bad either. But basically, I just like fantasy.
Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote        
My favorite book series would have to be Harry Potter and Hunger Games. My other favorites are stand-alones like Ready Player One, Things Fall Apart, and World War Z.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote        
You like Things Fall Apart? That's interesting... I only read Achebe's work in school. How did you discover him?

x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote        
One of my favorite series is Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan trilogy. Fictional history is so good. Another is his "Uglies" series.

Two completely different genres but both of them are very well done and absolutely enjoyable to read.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:40 am Reply with quote        
I tend to read more of an author that I like than finding specific books.
I obsessively collect books by Robin McKinley, Diana Wynne Jones (OMG CHRESTOMANCI!~), and Tamora Pierce. I am currently finishing the Leviathan series by Westerfield and rereading the latest novel in Cassandra Clare's the Mortal Instruments.

I also have a series of books called Once Upon a Time that are fairy tale revamps. I read Snow first and fell in love. I'm pretty much a sucker for anything with a fairy tale, end of the world, and stupid teen paranormal romances. Lips are Zipped Pretend I didn't admit to that last one.

I also have a tendency to stumble upon horribly haunting books that I can't forget so I talk people into reading them so someone else has to share my misery. Fair warning.
Saygen40

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote        
@Chu The book was assigned for my Humanities of Africa class. Took a little while to get into, but I loved the dynamic with the characters, the African culture which i'd never heard much about, and especially the ending because it was so refreshingly unexpected. Because i read it for the class, I also learned a lot about the European colonization in Africa which paralleled nicely with the book. Had I not read it for the class, I may not have liked it that much.

p.s. World War Z the movie was nothing like the book. I'd give it a generous 10%.
Siyue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:43 am Reply with quote        
My favorite book series of all time is Harry Potter. Legend.

I love The Mortal Instruments/The Infernal Devices, The Darkest Powers, Darkness Rising, The Iron Fey, Divergent, Delirium, Halo, etc.

All of these are basically my favorite! c:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:15 am Reply with quote        
Things Fall Apart was sorta mixed for me in how I felt about it. It was good, but at the same time, I wasn't fully able to comprehend or handle it. We read that in school as well, though. But a book I much preferred reading at school was The Little Prince. That story has so many emotions I cry thinking about it sometimes.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote        
^^ I just started reading Divergent and I love it so far!

^ That's the book about the little French man on the moon, right?
Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote        
The Little Prince is indeed French in background, but it's mostly about a young prince from another world telling his stories of his travels to an airplane pilot after a crash landing. Ironically, the writer was an airplane pilot who had been in two crashes (one of which I believe is how he passed).

Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:58 pm Reply with quote        
Oh interesting, I'll have to find and read it then.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote        
It's a good read. Most people look at it at first and think "this is a kids book". But...we analyzed it in depth in class in high school, and it was amazingly moving~ <3