Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Poll Forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Poll 6

What do you think would bring more members to the site?
More Site Artwork (like monster/NPC/etc. images)
23%
 23%  [ 22 ]
New Layout
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
More Battle System Related features
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
More Forum Related Features
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
New Avatar System
13%
 13%  [ 13 ]
Flash Games
29%
 29%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 93

sychobunny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:22 pm Reply with quote        
I voted for games, because I've seen that be a big pull, but they won't necessarily be active members, which is what is being looked for. Though I do like this idea of playing them for copper. <3

What is meant by a new avatar system?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote        
I was wondering the same thing. Possibly one that would load faster; I don't know.

Honestly it bothers me that the items are beneath the avatar rather than next to it though. DX

Angel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quote        
    As much as I would love to see a new avatar system, games are gonna' bring in the users.

Though I think bringing in new, interactive features around the site would be great. Maybe, like, a random prize given out on rare occasion? :D

Naked for absolutely no reason.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quote        
New avatar system.. like new system to create your avatar? Make it so that there isn't 50+ layers you have to scroll through, equip more than one layer by just pressing one item.(so witch capes would equip the front and back layers, but you'd only have to select one instead of both..)
I hope that made sense. ^^;

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote        
Angel wrote:
    As much as I would love to see a new avatar system, games are gonna' bring in the users.

Though I think bringing in new, interactive features around the site would be great. Maybe, like, a random prize given out on rare occasion? Happy

Actually we already have a random event system planned. It should be up by April or at least when the next event begins. <3

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:05 pm Reply with quote        
Catghost wrote:
New avatar system.. like new system to create your avatar? Make it so that there isn't 50+ layers you have to scroll through, equip more than one layer by just pressing one item.(so witch capes would equip the front and back layers, but you'd only have to select one instead of both..)
I hope that made sense. ^^;

I like the idea but for now I think we're fine. It seems that new users would be attracted to more original things such as games and our battle system.

Vickicat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quote        
Well I think a new avatar system would be good. Dressing avatars on here is kind of annoying the way you have to scroll and click on each thing... I know a lot of avatar sites have it set up exactly the same as it is here but I think there are a lot of other ways that make changing your avatar easier.
Smite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote        
Confused I dont think flash games are a good idea. There really easy to cheat at. Every site I know of that has them has had issues with people cheating them for gold.

Im torn between more site art and a new layout. I play the batsy alot and it gets kind of annoying that hardly any of them have images. And as nice as the layout is I dont really think the color scheme is very appealing overall.

Buying Gala of the Eloquial Dove Paying 5k silver or 40gold
Alyss

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quote        
I would have voted for games, but then I thought "But that won't mean they'll stay and be active D:" so I voted for more art around the site.
With websites with plots, like Midorea or Roliana, I like to hear the plot and see the places, people, and stuff there. I mean, the only monster image I can remember off the top of my head is the scarecrow, but only because it's wearing green and a scarecrow in green reminds me of Wicked XP
As a side thought I just got, you could even make a set of items off of them for an event or something, like dragon plushies or lizards or whatever else we battle against XP

I'm home
- In the Heights

Click here : D
Guivre

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote        
It really depends. Like ... Flash games will BRING more people to this site by far, BUT they won't keep them. People who join an avatar site and say 'I'm playing as many games as I can! To make as much GOLD as I can!' are not the ones who stick around ...

So I think beefing up the forum would help.

To be honest, I think the artwork here is childish and unprofessional. (It does have some charm, but ...)You would need too much of an overhaul for that to be a draw.

The battle system I like a lot, but I don't think people will come/stay here just for that.

I like Alyss' comments on plot. I think the world building you guys have been doing is good, and I would work with that for entertainment value.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quote        
I'd say more art... I think the banner of the page isn't attractive enough.
And NPC's would be nice too.
Like for the shops.
Kit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quote        
Eh... I think it's probably the quality of the site layout and avatars/items themselves. People are vain and tend to stick with visually appealing websites. x]

I myself just think that the hair should be repixeled a bit. o-o''

A site layout that has more colors/textures to it would probably help that. (You know, behind this green posting box is just one solid blue color?) It seems a bit too contained.

The project to become big would seem a bit difficult for Midorea... just based on what avatar site users like in general ;~;

Loving the user interaction in this place, though ^^

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:03 pm Reply with quote        
When I direct people to come, the main reason they always refuse is the green...

maybe a new color scheme Wink

The trick to seeing Haley jump up and down, giggling like a school girl isn't a coin. No. It's donating... And Hiro's hugs...
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote        
I have changed the colors 3 times already. I'm not doing it again...

Michelle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:32 am Reply with quote        
I think that the Flash Games would be an awesome idea for the site. ^^ As long as you get silver/ect. from them. O:

EDIT: Most people look for games when joining a site. xD
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2