Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Poll Forum
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Poll 5

In future events, I would like to see...
less site contest, more game threads
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
less game threads, more site contests
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
maybe a raffle of some uber rare items
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
that it is more batsys based
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
that it is more forum based
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
more than one of the above (please explain reasoning in thread)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
none of the above (please explain reasoning in thread)
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
other (please explain reasoning in thread)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

Arikana

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:14 am Reply with quote        
Just curious what the userbase would like to see in future events...

And some in-depth feedback for both the halloween and winter event would be nice too...

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:34 am Reply with quote        
Can't really talk about the Halloween event since I wasn't a member at that time, but the winter event was great ^^ Even if it was sometimes hard to get crystals due to the lack of online users to talk to, or the batsys not dropping as often as what I would have liked, I think it was a good event.

In future events, I would like to see:
-> contests: Maybe not more than in the winter event, because if you put too much, there's always a chance that not enough people will participate in each of them, plus you don't want to have a bunch of totally unrelated contests, but about 5 or 6 sounds good.

-> a batsys part: I LIKE BATTLING! ^^ The only problem I have with the batsys is that when you put a drop on some monsters, you normally want to place it on low level monsters so that it's easier for new members and people with no experience in battling to get the items. But then, if you don,t want to restart your character, your chances of getting an item are really going down because you can't get as much low level encounters as a newbie. So maybe just try to create a wider range of monsters that are dropping the things, mk? Or just use a currency, like the crystals in the event, so people who want to fight still get something even if they have no drop...

-> a forum part: 'cause talking is fun ^^ plus it gives you a chance to meet other users a get to know them, and since a lot of people re-appear during events, it's a good way for them to learn more about the site and make new friends, which will hopefully keep them here after the end of the event.

I don't think the event needs to be only forum-based or batsys-based, but a good combination of the two would be nice. I mean, not a lot of avatar sites have their own batsys, and therefore it's nice that Midorea can use it to make something different. We've all seen the Gaia/Roli/other sites events, and it's not fun when you find a new site and realize that its events are the same as the one you've seen on other sites. I just think it needs to be well-balanced, so that users who choose to fight more because they are better at battling don't get more things than people who choose to post, and vice-versa.

tigerangel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:38 am Reply with quote        
A raffle of some uber-rare items would be a lot of fun.
Since I am a newer player, my inventory has few rarities in it.

As you discussed in the battle forum, I would love to see a battle tournament. Give us a chance to test our battle skills and have lots of fun.

please click ->
sychobunny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quote        
I really liked this event. I think it was well balanced. It also felt more prepared than the Halloween event. There were a lot of items, but enough time to get multiples, so they shouldn't be impossible for future users to get.
I like the random chance of battle system drops, but also the systematic store event items. I also like being able to trade the currency with other users.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote        
i would really like for an event to be a lot more focused on the forum, that way it might encourage people to be more 'active' because other wise they cant get the shiney new items. it would be the best way (in my oppinion) to make this site more active.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote        
Some of those options confused me, I'm not sure what some of them mean. Maybe because I hadn't joined yet when there were events here so I don't know how they work. But raffles sound fun.
Ryo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quote        
Well.

The Christmas Event was the most receont one, and I hated it.
The posting part was veyr cool, cause I managed to post enough to buy stuff.
But the battling >///>
I can't stress this enough. NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO SPEND A HOUR CLICKING HIT ON A MOUSE.
Not only did it waste most of my time, it also was a total loss.
In being that the monsters dropped NADA.
So, the battle part of the event pissed me off a great deal.
Now I have to find it in the market, where some user will try to charge a arm and leg to sell.

Gwendylne spoils me.
Mess with her, and you will pay!
ILY GWEN.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quote        
Ryo wrote:
Well.

The Christmas Event was the most receont one, and I hated it.
The posting part was veyr cool, cause I managed to post enough to buy stuff.
But the battling >///>
I can't stress this enough. NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO SPEND A HOUR CLICKING HIT ON A MOUSE.
Not only did it waste most of my time, it also was a total loss.
In being that the monsters dropped NADA.
So, the battle part of the event pissed me off a great deal.
Now I have to find it in the market, where some user will try to charge a arm and leg to sell.

And not everyone likes to post in the forums.
Which is why I made a few items BatSys only, because I knew people enjoyed getting a little something extra while battling, and it also made them a bit more rare to obtain.

Also, I understand that you didn't like the event, but... I would appreciate it if you would voice your concerns in a more.. polite manner?

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote        
Catghost wrote:
Also, I understand that you didn't like the event, but... I would appreciate it if you would voice your concerns in a more.. polite manner?

I hear Ryo has a bad track record with that. xD I kid I kid.

I agree completely that it was nice to have a mix of battle and forum stuff. Battling was the perfect thing for me to do when the forums were slow and I LOVED the battle items. You really had to work for them, and it was really rewarding when you got them. The only thing I wished different was for the battle system to continue to grant silver over 1-4 ice crystals. x3x

@Ryo perhaps you should have put a little more strategy into your battle plan? When I just wanted to get the ice dragon pet for a drop I fled any battle that was not against a baby ice dragon and within an hour I had my little pet. =] I just did this when the forum were dead to pass time and I quite enjoyed myself personally, as I know others did as well. :3

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Aesuithiel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:04 am Reply with quote        
hm, i think the cost of healing can be a little expensive, but i love the batsys and wish i could have gotten a drop from it ):

i found that i if you had a weapon it was a lot faster cause i used to just use my bare hands Sweat which would take over an hour. but i was still never able to get a item from a monster. I fought several wolves and ice dragons but none of them dropped anything so that was kinda dissapointing :/

Ryo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quote        
Rofl, Sorry.
I was a bit too blunt ;/
Maybe it could be a way to get both items, battling, and posting?
So people could have a choice.

Gwendylne spoils me.
Mess with her, and you will pay!
ILY GWEN.
LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:17 am Reply with quote        
Aesuithiel wrote:
hm, i think the cost of healing can be a little expensive, but i love the batsys and wish i could have gotten a drop from it ):

i found that i if you had a weapon it was a lot faster cause i used to just use my bare hands Sweat which would take over an hour. but i was still never able to get a item from a monster. I fought several wolves and ice dragons but none of them dropped anything so that was kinda dissapointing :/

I used the icicles and had no problems. Attacking with your bare fists is very slow indeed. xD

Also during the event all the services at the temple were made free as battling was granting ice drystals instead of silver. :3

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.