Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158, 159  Next
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote        
Well, I do like squid...maybe I'll try Miso soup again sometime. In the meantime...*Munches on some hot, tasty Squid.* Mmm...Squid. Oh my, what a terribly misplaced capital letter...must've been a Freudian slip...twice. Wink
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote        
Well, the one I had actually had seaweed/kelp(I'm relatively sure it was kelp), and it was delicious. In case you didn't know, miso soup is typically made with dashi, which is fish or seafood broth. What's considered to be the best dashi for a simple soup, like miso, is one where salted water is allowed to boil, and then a sheet of fresh roasted seaweed(also called dashi) is allowed to boil only for about a minute. It should have the delicate flavor of the seaweed, however it should be barely tasted. However, most people's tastes are not refined enough to taste it, so the thicker, stronger flavored varieties are used instead and sometimes, like in my case, the soup is made and served with seaweed/kelp.
Remind me to serve lots of booze at our feast.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote        
Wow, I didn't know all of that about Miso soup; thanks. I'm sort of tempted to try and make it at some point now....

Oh, I'll remind you, and/or bring some with me. After all, what's a feast without booze. Duh

Reika

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:03 am Reply with quote        
Haha, more on miso soup reminds me; I had Kara Miso Ramen today >w<If>Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:56 am Reply with quote        
    It makes me so happy when people post in here even when I'm a loser and not around.

I need to change my title again. Hmm.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote        
Squid, I bet you could beat me in a race and I'm pretty sure that you can crochet/knit better than me, since I can't. XD
Reika, I hate the instant miso you can buy in the bowls at the store. The packets of flavoring are a little better. The pre-made stuff you can buy in some places is slightly better still. I haven't made it myself yet either, as I'd need to spend a day just getting the broth right. XD I'm particular about flavors. I liked the kelp variation of it.

Squid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote        
    I don't know how to crochet.

Also I can't stop eating these cookies even though they taste vaguely of perfume.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote        
That would probably be lavender. I love lavender, but too much and it tastes like soap or perfume. And it's very easy to put too much.
I swear I remember you being able to crochet.
What's something you're good at?

Squid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote        
    I'm not good at anything lol

I can knit. But that's it, only very simply.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote        
You can certainly knit better than I can. I was able to do one row, but I couldn't understand how to make the next line.

Squid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote        
    Under the stitch, wrap the yarn around, tuck it under.

I don't know how to describe things.

I'd rather be knitting than applying for jobs right now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote        
Just watch this. This is what I tell my ex when she gets down.

Reika

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quote        
I'm trying to apply to at least one studio every night, but I'm running out of studios in Vancouver. Might have to explore east coast soon :/. I know your feels, applying is stressful.

Speaking of swimming, I haven't it a really long time. I used to really like it, and it's something easy to do. But I'm too embarrassed to go out in swim wear right now. >/////<
Time to get rid of computer chair bum. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:59 am Reply with quote        
Have you only been applying to indie or small places, because it might be worth it to send some samples to big companies too, as they also have a higher turnover rate?

Reika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote        
I've been applying everywhere including big companies, like Capcom and EA. I know it's hardly possible to get in, but I still sent stuff in :3

Unfortunately, there's been a lot of drama going down in Vancouver right now, what with the shut down of Relic and Radical and a few other studios.

Gonna go surf craigslist now to see if anyone's outsourcing from somewhere else xD