Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Information Kiosk
Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:52 am Reply with quote        
This is a question aimed towards our long-time staff members..

Is this avatar site dead?

I know alot of effort has gone into the other Midorea project, but its a question lurking in the back of my head.

Ive been part of the site since beta (crazy its been so long) and watched the site grow and mature slowly..

But the current state of the site is very depressing..

Im no fool though, I understand how life is.. But can I ever hope to see the board active or given attention to again?

Its a very depressing topic..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:00 am Reply with quote        
I pretty much consider us to be at the very end of Midorea's lifespan as an avatar site. On a larger scale, however, Midorea is very much alive.

We (several staff members and myself) are pouring all of our energy into revitalizing and re-imagining Midorea for a new generation. The era of the avatar site and online forums is pretty much over, and I hope to keep the world of Midorea alive by accepting this and moving us in the direction that will benefit everyone who has been a part of this amazing project.

To be more clear cut: Once the Adventure Game series launches, this forum will be locked and will remain read-only from that point on. The avatar site part of Midorea will be done and closed.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:27 am Reply with quote        
Well thats rather depressing.. But I suppose its for the best..

So much for my inventory..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote        
So all the avatar items will be useless? Will there still be a forum to talk with others on?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:45 am Reply with quote        
Saygen40 wrote:
So all the avatar items will be useless? Will there still be a forum to talk with others on?

Right now we simply don't know where things will go after the Adventure Game release. Investing time into transferring items might be worth-while, or it might be a waste of time, taking away from our vision.

We'll try and do what the community wants, but in the end if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES