Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:16 am Reply with quote        
Bailey had been decorating for weeks for her Christmas party. The stockings were hung by the--okay, let's be real, she wasn't hanging stockings by the chimney. No, she tossed tinsel over the stair railing, threw some glass balls on a dying tree, and sprinkled glitter in various places of the house.

But in all seriousness, she thought she'd done a pretty good job, considering it was her first Christmas party in her new home. The food was laid out, the music was playing, she was ready to PARTY!

About two hours into the party, though, when no guests arrived, Bailey's Christmas spirit had started to sink. Grumpy, disappointed, and more than a little bit drunk on spiked eggnog, she flicked through Tinder absentmindedly. All these people nearby and no one to party with, she thought.

A thought came to her mind. A drunken thought, one that she would never had thunk if she hadn't been drunk.

Quickly editting her profile, she posted, "Party at my house TONIGHT! Booze and food! 84 Crescent Avenue, Lancaster PA." Save.
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:28 am Reply with quote        
Tinder. Whoever downloaded the damn app onto her phone was doomed to hell for eternity, CJ decided, because she was certainly in a certain amount of hell. The longest she'd ever gone without an unsolicited nude picture was (and she'd timed this) thirty two hours. The record for fastest was less than five seconds.

And yet there she was, swiping around, sitting on a stoop, shivering her ass off.

"Bailey," CJ mumbled around her cigarette. "84 Crescent Ave? Hey that's not far. She doesn't...seem like a creep." CJ looked at her watch. It was still early ish. And there was a depressing amount of nothing scheduled. If it was full of creepers then...hey, at least some free food.

Five minutes later, CJ was standing, shivering, holding a bag of tortilla chips, a jar of bad queso (people bring things to parties; who doesn't like chips and queso?), and wearing a santa hat. She stubbed out her cigarette, grinding it under her heel, then knocked on the door.

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:35 am Reply with quote        
Bailey picked her head up from the counter, where she'd been groaning continuously for 2.4 minutes, Tina Belcher style. "Guest? I have a guest?" She hurried to the door and opened it, a big smile on her face.

"Uh...oh. Hello." A girl, shivering and holding chips and a jar of queso, stood on her front step; the smell of cigarettes lingered faintly in the air. "Come in, I guess! There's...well there's no one else here, but yeah, yeah, come in!" Bailey held the door open. "I'm Bailey. Well, I guess you'd know that, huh? But anyway, uh, yeah! There's uh, there's drinks in the kitchen and you can put the chips on the table if you want and...and-and yeah!"

Nice, Bail. Scare your only guest away with your babbling, eh?
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:52 am Reply with quote        
"Uh. Hi. Guess I'm in the right place," CJ stammered as she was ushered inside. She hesitantly stepped forward into the quaint little home that was veritably covered in glaring, obnoxious Christmas decorations.

"Nice um. Decorating. Very uh...enthusiastic." CJ dropped the chips and queso on the table covered in a tacky snowflake tablecloth, moving some tinsel around. She glanced into the kitchen, catching a glimpse of beer as well as a few bottles of something a fair bit stronger.

"I'm CJ, by the way," she introduced herself, sorta waving a hello at Bailey. "Nice to meet you. I um. Like your tree." It was half dead. Awkward. This was going well. "Anyone else coming, or is this going to be the weirdest blind date ever?"

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:06 am Reply with quote        
"Oh, yeah, thanks! I guess I went a little overboard this year, hehe," Bailey said, chuckling nervously. "It's nice to meet you."

She headed towards the kitchen, thinking to herself, Boy, I'm gonna need another drink, aren't I? "Well, to be honest, I'm really not sure. I did invite a bunch of people," she said, a bitter note in her voice, "but no one showed up. And as I'm sure you can tell I turned to tinder."

She poured herself another rum and coke and sighed. "Hope this isn't TOO weird. I've never done something like this before. I was just so excited and I made all this food and no one even showed up! I mean, can you believe that? Not one person!"