Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
fickle

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:36 pm Reply with quote        
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Duh Bouncy Heart Smile Embarrassed Happy
in light of recent movies (50 shades of grey) and top hit singles (hozier), i thought, why not talk about this woo whooo! Weeeee what are your favorite songs about sex or sensual romance related, or just primal desires?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT4Ykd1R9Jc heres one for the ladies. i like this cos it makes the scenery, or the act seem so poetic. like graceful.

since this is city hall, lets not post lyrics unless it's in a quote box, k?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:29 pm Reply with quote        
I never did see 50 Shades of Gray. I never read the book, but a bunch of my friends did and they were excited for the movie. It might end up being a Redbox purchase on a drinking night. XD

Wait, the song by Hozier is about sex? Oh Mai Disclaimer: I don't listen to lyrics of songs hardly at all.

I was actually talking about the whole gender reaction to sex songs the other day, actually. We (boyfriend and I) were discussing how the men couldn't talk about rape-ish themes while the women could. of course, this is an old discussion that's been around the block more than a couple times, but we brought up a new song in particular that seemed to be different than the others.

Ever heard of Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding? The main line of the song is "I'll let you set the pace, cause I'm not thinking straight." We thought it was a curious line, because it's the first time I think I've ever heard lyrics as if the girl is under some date rape drug.

"Chains and whips excite me" and a lot of other female sex songs are more about them in power.

Can you think of any other songs that are like Ellie Gouldings newest one? Since I'm notorious bad about listening to lyrics, it might just be because I wasn't paying attention much before.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:56 pm Reply with quote        
same here, never read the books or seen the movie, but maybe one day i'll end up seeing it after it's out on dvd haha! bdsm and business men, not really something i'm into. though, i would say that a man with a drive for success is attractive. hah, whatever.

i recently found that out! if i didnt hear someone else talking about it, i would have never known lol. i looked it up, the song itself is about finding beauty in basic human instinct, which is something that the church isnt fond of. you know, gay and pre-maridal sex being taboo. the song starts by talking about a girl in church who is looked down upon for being promiscuous (maybe) and he says that he should have been worshiping her all along. the vid makes it seem like it's about gay sex, but it's just about accepting the beauty of these desires and still being a good christian.

our girl lana has songs about bdsm, i'm recalling one of her leaked songs is like that, it's called push me down. though, she doesnt mention anything about impaired judgement, or not thinking straight.

edit, idk about that rhianna song, it sounds like she's saying that she doesnt like fighting but she likes being whipped and chained with consent? idkidk! take a look, what do you think?
Quote:
Oh, I love the feeling you bring to me, oh, you turn me on
It's exactly what I've been yearning for, give it to me strong
Aand meet me in my boudoir, make my body say ah ah ah
I like it-like it

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:17 pm Reply with quote        
Oh wow, I just watched the Hozier music video. I agree the song is more meant to be about a promiscuous girl, but the video is definitely about a gay couple. That was pretty cool, but sad of course because of the way the video went.

Also, your link above by Koch (?) was very Lana-esque. It had that same haunting, slow vibe to it that was pretty fucking awesome.

When I first read through those lyrics, I didn't realize it was from the same song. I should really just stop talking about lyrics. I have no idea what I'm saying. XD Anyways, I agree. That one is more about her wanting the bdsm done to her. I've still been trying to think of other songs that hint at altered state of consciousness sex, but I still can't think of anymore.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:07 pm Reply with quote        
This thread immediately made me think of that scene in Pitch Perfect.

I don't really have a favorite song about sex nor do I really like songs about sex that much. I just had to point out this made me think of a scene from a favorite movie of mine.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:11 pm Reply with quote        
I didn't even think about that. That scene is amazing! I'm super excited for the sequel to be coming out...next week? I know it's coming up fast.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote        
the video is hard to watch :C i know it's all acting, thank goodness, but wow.

mhmm, robot koch has a cool hip hop/glitch hop sound to his music. he has a soundcloud if youre interested in checking out his other shit. "here with me" and "nitesky" have that same sort of downtempo sound that lana sometimes has.

ahhh i cant think of any either Neutral i do know of songs about sex that mention drinking, but none that say take the lead cos their judgement is impaired.

but i recalled another s&m song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eROTYeIyJg i know a couple others but this one really takes the cake.
edit: to backtrack a bit to the rape-ish theme you mentioned, i know an artist who used to write about rape :C she was abused and raped when she was young and music and art is her medium for venting and getting over what happened.

koyitar, which scene is that?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote        
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNkN9Ulquls This scene

fickle

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote        
oh yes that scene!

do you like love songs?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:34 pm Reply with quote        
I'll have to check it out. I'm stuck in an Indie/alternative track that I'm trying to break out of.

Okay, so do you guys like Taylor Swift? I was reluctant for a long time, but I'm starting to realize she's a musical powerhouse. She's gonna be a legend and probably have a museum dedicated to her one day. Also, her new music video for Bad Blood is fucking awesome.

Link to video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcIy9NiNbmo

And hey! They're wearing ball-bashing boots!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote        
my boyfriend likes taylor swift, i just forwarded that link to him Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:59 pm Reply with quote        
Whoop! Weeeee

My boyfriend likes her too. We're both a bunch of hip hop softies. Doesn't score points with the friend group on road trips, but they can suck it. XD

By the way, ever heard of Birdie? I think she has a couple songs about sex. Or at least covers of them.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:28 pm Reply with quote        
my boyfriend typed "w t f"
lol, our boyfriends cant dry clothes well and they like taylor swift. idk why but i think thats funny ;D

speaking of your boyfriend, hows he liking world of tanks?

i've never heard of them, what are the songs names?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:11 pm Reply with quote        
Haha! I'm still trying to work out who all is in the video. I recognize Selena Gomez, Madonna, Jessica Alba, and the girl from Grey's Anatomy and that's it.

Is your boyfriend perhaps very European?

We both tried World of Tanks for awhile. I liked it a bunch (and he did, too), but he's super flighty about games that he plays. Since then, he's gone back to LoL, Kerbal Space Program, Civilization, and recently started WoW. I, in the mean, have been playing TF2.

Does your boyfriend still play?

I tried finding the songs, but I don't recognize any of the titles. :/ That's how much I suck with music. I'll link 'em to ya when I find 'em though.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:58 am Reply with quote        
you recognized more than i did. i didnt even notice madonna. a few faces were really familiar but couldnt put a name to them. i noticed the references to the fifth element and tron though Oh Mai

well he was raised in kansas city kansas, and he's of scottish decent, if that means anything.

so i told my bf about you guys and he said if you or your bf are ever interested in playing tanks again, hit him up on tanks, his username is auamoti. recently, he's getting into a game called cosmic break, it's cutesy anime style. he's also getting back into games that came out when he was little, old turn based strategy computer games. like chaos overlord, and idk what else.

thats alright! thanks for looking.