Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:41 pm Reply with quote        
Pshaw, never underestimate our potential nerdiness.

The triforce is the symbol of a 'secret' society or a club. A common children's game involves 'vaccuuming up ghosts' (Tagging people) like in Luigi's Mansion.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:32 am Reply with quote        
Name: Caleb Francis McDowell
Gender Manly man of manliness. XD
Affiliation: Survivor
Appearance: Caleb is about 6 ft. tall, and built. He’s not exactly Mr. Universe or anything, but he has the lithe and trim look of someone who could both outrun and out box the average Joe. He’s pretty good-looking (depending upon your definition of the word. xD) He has a stern face with a strong jawline and sharp nose. In contrast to his rather deceptive features, his expression is friendly and open. He has blue-green eyes fringed by lashes so pale they are nearly invisible in the right light; the corners of those eyes are usually crinkled up in a good-natured smile or laugh. His close-cropped hair is slightly more on the ginger side of strawberry-blond. Caleb always wears an expensive-looking watch and a decidedly girly locket bracelet on his right wrist. The bracelet was a gift from, and contains a picture of, his 6-year-old daughter.
Personality: Caleb is a fairly calm and collected guy; the skill is sort of necessary for his job. He is friendly and easy-going most of the time, but can be serious when needed. As a former MP turned air marshal he is rather a fan of structure and order, but can adapt easily enough if the situation is chaotic. He’s a natural leader, and as such tends to put himself in charge of most unfamiliar situations; however, he is more than happy to work with other people if he deems it better for the situation. Caleb is pretty smart and witty, although sometimes he is guilty of thinking he is funnier than he is. Caleb is loyal to his true friends and family and would do anything for his loved ones. He is not quick to anger, but on the rare occasion that he does get angry, everything and everyone should probably steer clear until he cools off. As an unimportant side-note: he absolutely hates his middle name and anyone who uses it does so at their own peril. XD
History: Caleb was born to a (barely) middle class Irish-catholic family in a small northeastern town. Growing up, he had a pretty normal life. His mother worked at different odd jobs and his father worked as a garbage collector in order to put each of their five children into a nice private school. As the oldest of the five, Caleb was always in a position of sticking up for and supervising his little siblings when his mother and father were at work; typical oldest sibling stuff. After graduating high school, Caleb decided he wanted to go see the world a bit and enlisted in the Navy where he worked as an MP. His parents were proud of him, but he knew they had always hoped for him to go off to college, since neither of them had gotten the chance. Once while on leave back home, Caleb met a pretty barista at a local coffee shop; they got married rather quickly and by the time Caleb was 22 he was a family man himself with a young wife and a baby girl. The relationship between Caleb and his wife didn’t work out so well (partly because he was always gone) and they separated a year later. However, the two remain friends and Caleb has always been a doting father to his daughter Meghan. Caleb served two tours overseas and during the last year of his second tour, enrolled in part-time online classes and finished school, earning his degree in history a year before this story starts. After receiving his degree, his love of both travel and rules led him to seek employment as an air marshal. He likes his job and is good at it, but regrets that it keeps him so far from his family so often.
Edit wit a cartoon pic. Yeah....

Okay, so I hope this is acceptable. I think I'll hold off on the other character for now. I might come back to it later though. Oh Mai
[/img]
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote        
Yeah you're good, feel free to post.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quote        
Hey quick q? Is the plane crashed actually in the water?.. Duh
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:36 pm Reply with quote        
Oh definitely not. It's in the middle of the island, smashed into a massive ass tree.

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:38 pm Reply with quote        
I'd think so, since there'd be no chance of survivors at all if not. And even so, our charas are just freakishly lucky to have survived at all.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply yet, I'm working on something now. Tavie's gonna use his youthful strength to He-Man the door open. XD
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:39 pm Reply with quote        
That's what I thought, but wanted to make sure. My midterms ate all my reading comprehension, it would seem. Thanks for clarifying. Duh XD
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:40 pm Reply with quote        
Spring break is messing with my writing clarity, apparently. That's twice now I forgot to write out a detail and could have sworn I'd done it. WELP.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:43 pm Reply with quote        
It happens. I know them feels, man. Laugh
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:04 am Reply with quote        
psst...kacey...we aren't in the water, we're in a forest

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:07 am Reply with quote        
...Wat. Are we? My sleep-deprived brain doesn't know if you're joking or not. If not then I am a dum-dum. Because I thought for sure we were on water for some unknown reason. If so, then I'll have to go rewrite that part. Or Tavie was being an idiot. But mostly it was me.
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:11 am Reply with quote        
It's fine, I think you just missed my answer to Sly's question. Basically just replace the word "water" with "ground" and you're golden.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:11 am Reply with quote        
Nope, we're not in the water...but the idea of Tavie thinking we are is...amusing. Maybe he hit his head. Laugh
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:14 am Reply with quote        
Okie dokie then. Just so y'all know, I'm writing this at 2 am. So honestly something like this was probs gonna happen with me writing anyway. XD

Silly Tavie, rafts and life jackets are for water landings. Although the raft could be used to cushion a fall if they had to jump out of the tree...
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:15 am Reply with quote        
Rafts actually double as slides for both water and ground crash-landings so you're batting like...2 for 3.

what no I haven't been on so many flights that I can recite the delta safety lecture in my sleep what would give you that idea