Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:07 pm Reply with quote        
yo sup writing nerds me an' koyi and rave are hopefully gonna do a new rp soon, chekit OUT

ATLANTIS LIVES AW YEAHHHHH

Intro:
San Juan International Airport to John F. Kennedy Airport. Half an hour into the flight, the captain reports heavy turbulence and asks that the passengers please return to their seats and fasten their seatbelts. The turbulence becomes extremely heavy, and people get nervous. An astute observer might notice that the plane is dipping forward, just enough to make a pencil roll across their seatback tables. In between the bouts of turbulence, of course.

The pilot asks the passengers to assume a crash position; the plane needs to be put down in the water. A man starts hyperventilating in the corner. The Catholic two rows ahead starts praying in Latin.

A mile or two away, an ancient, hidden city watches the plane hit the water. Their hunters strap on their hoverboots and grab their blasters, and head out to find the invaders.

Who will you be?

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:07 pm Reply with quote        
Basic Rules:

1: obey midorea's ToS
2: don't godmod?
3: fuck I don't remember what rules are generally there but don't be an idiot?
4: I thought of more; this'll be a pretty literate rp so full sentences and paragraphs and proper formatting. I'm not gonna post a size minimum, because sometimes it's really difficult to fill a paragraph with musing, but be courteous and give the other people something to respond to.

also, unspoken rule zero is don't be a dick.

You can play as either a crash survivor, a person of any background (within reason), or an Atlantean that has some way of interacting with the humans. If you want to play an Atlantean and don't know what sort of occupation they might have let us know and we'll help (although we'll probably need more crash survivors than Atlanteans so consider that).

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:08 pm Reply with quote        
So there were a bunch of people on a plane, right? And it's flying over the Atlantic, and fucking hell that's some bad turbulenc-OH SHIT WE'RE CRASHING.

Yeah, there's an airplane crash, and the survivors are left with what they can find to survive in the midst of an island that hides a secret the world's forgotten about for millenia. And that secret is hunting them.

Hint hint: it's Atlantis.

You can play a survivor of the plane crash, or a citizen of the highly technologically advanced city of Atlantis that has something to do with these survivors; we've yet to figure out actual restrictions. I'll probably write more about the city later.

Edit: I'm writing more about the city! Everything I wrote about the city is in another post!

Malverne
Writer

Characters will go here! We...don't have many yet. T_T

Crash Survivors
Daniela Rosales played by Rave
Clarence Seymour Lewis played by Malverne
Zytavion Alistair Preston played by Kacey
Caleb Francis McDowell played by Sly

Atlanteans
Nyx Metalshade played by Koyi
Harlan Scimura played by Mal
Tamsin Haley played by Kacey
Wayke Jaxon played by Rave

Skeleton:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (Atlanteans of wealth or particular societal value can live beyond the normal human span, but most are pretty regular humans)
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b] (Atlantean or survivor)
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]

Malverne
Writer

some other stuff? it's been a while since I reserved things, I forget what I need

Edit: CITY INFOOOOOOOO

Atlantis: a city about the size of NYC on a large island. Politically, oligarchic aristocracy, ruled by ancient philosopher-scientists, and always has been. Three thousand years ago, these philosopher-scientists sequestered the city due to a plague that they believed would wipe out the population. The population was not wiped out, but in the time it took to clean up, the world moved on and started going down some paths that the Atlanteans preferred to not walk.

Atlantis functions much like a Platonic utopia, with three indistinct "classes:" the philosophers, the military, and the laborers. It has a strong liberal arts education, which transitions to vocational school after a certain age. Learning is heavily focused upon, but not the "traditional education" so present in the outside world. Curiosity is valued, not rote memorization, and good teachers are some of the most valued laborers in the city. From age three to eighteen, children are encouraged to explore all areas of education. Those who display aptitude in a field are put into vocational studies, generally earlier than eighteen, in a sort of extra-curricular fashion, and at eighteen the move fully into their career study. Anyone can choose to be a laborer or a military personnel, but only a select few can become politicians; those few continue their liberal arts education for much longer, and enter into public service later in their life. If they do well, they may be allowed to live longer, with the anti-aging serum. Anyone who displays an interest in science also learns philosophy, alongside their field of study.

Everything is advanced in Atlantis. Technology is eons ahead of the rest of the world. Their art community is flourishing. Medicine has figured how to reverse aging (although the process is extremely expensive and reserved for the elite) and cure all but a single condition.

Medicine is one of Atlantis' greatest strengths. They've eliminated the common cold, and found the cure to the hiccups. Genetic modification is the focus, and it's universal that newborns are checked for basic genetic disorders, and are guaranteed prevention. Robotic limbs are fully functional, and can come with pain/pressure sensors, or swappable attachments. The one pitfall of the medical scene? Airin's Syndrome. Named after the first person to die from it, Airin's Syndrome effects nearly 5% of the population of Atlantis, and is 100% lethal. It's undetectable until it causes symptoms, starting with a rash, followed by joint pain. The sufferer also has periods of weakness and digestive problems, as well as a fluctuation in vision spectrums. The syndrome hits in the mid teens and then the sufferer has about a decade to live.

Also inhabiting the island are a handful of (relatively) primitive tribes, who are limited in their equipment's sophistication only by their lack of resources, not their own stupidity. The number of people in these tribes has waxed and waned over the millenia, but they always remain. Currently, the three strongest tribes are Tsima, Aratha, and Karthuul. These ones are armed with explosive repeating crossbows, catapults, and some really interesting poisons.

To combat the tribes, Atlantis has a well trained force of guards, armed with blaster pistols and rifles, body armor, hover-gear, and top-of-the-line surveillance gear designed to track a disgruntled tribesman through miles of forest.

Atlanteans have access to forms of entertainment common to the rest of the world: they're the biggest hub of illegal streaming in the Western Hemisphere. However, they really prefer the more interactive forms of entertainment: games. With VR gear, Atlantis has some of the best video games in the world, and an extremely competitive consumer base. Every holopad in the city has Steam installed, and most have both official Portal's downloaded, along with the four fan-made games in the series.

On the subject of languages, every Atlantean is taught a basic foundation of a handful of outside languages; an average Atlantean knows a smattering of English, Chinese, and Arabic. This is not enough to hold a conversation, but more to navigate the basic sentences. A student may choose to continue their studies, or pick up more from exposure to tv shows, movies, or games. A good translator can make decent money, adding subtitles to shows or movies or games.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:09 pm Reply with quote        
last one, I think? we should be fine to post?

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote        
Posting for the moment just so that I'm like, in the thread.
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:16 pm Reply with quote        
Name: Daniella Rosales
Gender Female
Affiliation: Survivor
Appearance: Thick dark wavy hair, slightly freckled tan skin, hazel eyes, short and stocky, 5'4"
Personality: Sweet and nurturing; natural bed-side manner. Looks for the good in things, even during rough times. Keeps calm during panic. Logical thinker. Capricorn. Only flaw is she tends to bottle things up and put her own feelings aside in times of others' need, so explosions may happen.
History: Daniella Rosales met the man of her dreams, Luca Robins, and the two almost immediately fell in love. Everything is going right in Daniella's life; her head is full of thoughts of her upcoming marriage (June 11th!) and she's just told her family in Puerto Rico about the wedding. Her bag is packed full of wedding magazines and with her husband at her side and a secret surprise on her mind, she's invincible.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:35 am Reply with quote        
Name:Nyx Metalshade
GenderFemale
Affiliation:Atlantean
Appearance:Nyx is tall with olive toned skin long black hair and copper brown eyes. Her clothing consists of a full body wet suit, a corset, miniskirt, overcoat,boots, and belts. The colors she wears are mostly black and purple. She also has black goggles that she keeps on most of the time.

Personality:Nyx is a bit standoffish and cynical. She doesn't really like people seeing as the ones she deals with most of the time are thugs or outsiders. She can however have a seemingly kind side though not many people have ever seen it outside her family. Most of the people she works with say the nice side of Nyx is just a myth.

History:Nyx comes from a long line of guards. Everyone in her family aside from her father was a guard or had been a guard. Her father was a scientist or a historian she forgot the details most of the time seeing as he had died when she was 12. She had heard many stories from her mom about him though. She kept up family tradition and became a guard even though she had the choice to follow her father's footsteps. She decided to leave that to her older sister Grimoria instead.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:46 pm Reply with quote        
Name: Clarence Seymour Lewis
Gender Male
Affiliation: Survivor
Appearance: Seymour was a strapping six-foot-three back in the prime of his youth, barrel-chested and sturdy. However, the years have not been kind to him; he's closer to five-nine, now, hunched over as he is, with gray hair and liver spots. He, being a traditional old curmudgeon, wore the sort of obnoxious hawaiian shirt on vacation, and the old man hat, and some sandals. Seymour's got some faded tattoos back from his days in the army, and is carries a weapon on him (he's licensed, don't worry). Although it's actually in his baggage, because they wouldn't let him on the plane with it.
Personality: Seymour's a grumpy old guy, bored with his stale life. He needs a girlfriend, he says (and his kids agree). Seymour's the traditioinal grumpy old man, pining for his days of technological simplicity without these kids and their damn cell phones. What happened to the newspaper?
History: Seymour was born in 1945, and willl celebrate his seventieth birthday later this year. He was the oldest of three, with two younger sisters, and as soon as he was old enough, sighed up for the army. He fought in the Vietnam War, earning a medal for getting shot once or twice. After the war, he became a car mechanic, and recently retired. He was in Puerto Rico for an early birthday present; a cruise around the Bahamas. His daughter stayed behind for an extra day but Seymour missed his bed and demanded to head home as soon as possible. Oops.

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:36 pm Reply with quote        
This is open, yes? Or is it private for you three? 'Cause I've kinda been working on two charas for this. One survivor-dude and an Atlantean chick. Kinda stuck on finishing off the dude's profile for now, but I'm mostly done. Probs gonna be able to post 'em both tomorrow or so, since the girl is all set, and the dude just needs a personality and a history.
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, totally open! Feel free to ask us for questions. We're still kicking around details for the world and stuff. Also just go for it with the characters. We're pretty casual about shit

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote        
Omg yes, totally join in.
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote        
Gosh, for some strange reason, I'm totally stuck on finishing off my dude's info. I just need personality history, and despite having a picture of him, I'm having an oddly difficult time describing his appearance. XD It's just like, I'm not sure where I'm going with him, while I had next to no trouble with filling out info for the girl...
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote        
Heh, don't stress over it. If you want to post the girl now, you totally can (and it'd be easier for me, making the links for the character list?)).