Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
fickle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote        
and i havent gotten sick yet, woohoo! which is surprising cos people at work leave snot on the bathroom wall right next to the toilet paper dispenser, which is funny cos youd think theyd use the toilet paper and toss it out, right? i think it's just one person doing it though, one person who hates their coworkers or something. now that i think about it, i think it might be someone like that cos they wipe it right next to the lock on the stall. thank goodness we'll be leaving this job soon.

toddlers have an excuse, they just dont know any better, but a grown adult? no excuse. c'mon, thats bad karma.

anyways, this post wasnt suppose to be about that, i guess i just turned it into that. i really was just surprised that i havent gotten sick so far this winter. Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, I got sick in fall, and got better already, but every year I have a perpetual sniffle from around late September through March or so.
Saygen40

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote        
Same. I've had a perpetual sniffle for a couple months, but I haven't gotten one of the bad flus or colds floating around. My throat became a little sore a couple times, but nothing Airborne couldn't fix up in a day or two.

I just have to hold out for one more big test, then my quarter will be finished out and my body can shut down as it pleases.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:27 am Reply with quote        
I've had sniffles for awhile now; but I pretty much have them and watery/itchy eyes and sometimes a cough year round...because allergies suck. Neutral I had a cold with some aches and such earlier in the fall, but nothing much worse until about a month ago now when something gave me terrible tonsillitis. That shit sucked. >.< I didn't get the flu though (hardly ever do, anyway) in part because I had to get a flu shot for school this semester.
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:23 am Reply with quote        
My dad had pneumonia about a month ago and it lasted well over a week. And then it was like a mild version of it got passed around the family, not bad enough to be diagnosed, but still bad enough to knock us all on our butts. See, my dad doesn't get sick often, but when he does, he goes all out and gets REALLY sick. Couple years ago, he got swine flu during the epidemic while travelling to Afghanistan. And wound up in quarantine for several weeks.

Last year I was terrified of getting sick because I was in the middle of chemotherapy with the sole purpose of destroying my immune system because it had gone rogue and tried to kill me from the inside. Right in time for cold and flu season. I was on all sorts of antibiotics not to make me better, but to try and keep me from getting sick.

Oh, good luck Say~!
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:43 am Reply with quote        
I got ill on my first week at uni. Seriously, exhaustedly flopping into my rented room, three days later still can't do anything because I've got a cold. *headdesk* Still, I'm fine for the moment. Couple digestion troubles but that's down to a change in diet. That I still need to fix. And actually remember to take the multi-vits I bought...

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
fickle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:50 am Reply with quote        
kacey, man the sniffles, i feel like i have that all year round. i'm not sure where mine comes from, i wish i knew. i think it may be from when i had pneumonia, it really sucked, it could be that my lungs are still recovering even though it was over a year ago? i had fungal pneumonia. again, it REALLY SUCKED, i was sick for months, i had terrible memory, it messed up my eyesight, my ribs hurt so bad from coughing, and my sinuses were so itchy that i just wanted to rip my face off. i'm glad to hear your dad is as healthy as an ox.
thats crazy, like an autoimmune disease? i wonder why it happened? thank goodness you didnt get sick.

saygen, there was a couple times i woke up with a sore throat but it went away soon after. i actually woke up with one last night and i thought i jinxed myself after posting this thread even though i knocked on wood! well, it was a cardboard box... hehe, im kidding, i'm not superstitious, but i did feel soreness, glad it didnt stick. good luck on your test! youre well on your way.

sly, i'm the same with the sniffles and cough. i think it's been this way for a year or more? i aint counting. dont do well with cardio exercise cos of it, but i think i'm getting better. tonsillitis! that sounds rough

kathira, thats poopy... lmao! xD
i used to have a lot of digestion problems, i think i got a good handle on it now. what are you changing?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote        
Not sure, really. The problem is, I'm used to my Dad's fibre-rich, very healthy but still tasty cooking but now I'm dealing with the catering of my catered uni hall. Thing is, they always do about three different dishes for hot food per day, plus sandviches, but it's for everyone so I'm actually lucky if there's stuff I like. Unfortunately, because of the restrictions on what we're allowed from the menu each meal (don't ask), what I like the look of isn't that good for me, certainly not as compared to my Dad's. I'm trying to rectify things by sticking to vegetarian where possible (for the veg, not because I am) and have a bottle of multi-vits from Tesco, but time will tell if this'll actually help. Of course, the Christmas menu has gone up now, so all thoughts of healthy eating have gone out the window...

British Christmases, everyone! We don't have Thanksgiving, so we eat twice as much on Crimble!

WEREWOLVES!
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, Fickle, my lovely rare autoimmune disease. Basically someone hit the big red self-destruct button inside me. My white blood cells went rogue and started attacking my internal organs, and would have eventually traveled up my spinal column to my brain and killed me, all within about 2 months. Fun times. ^^ But hey, I'm more than a year after the last round of chemotherapy I had, so woot! So long as I don't relapse, I'll never deal with it again. I could still potentially relapse at any time in my life, but if it will happen, it's most likely to happen within the first few years after treatment. So every next year chemo-free is another step away from potentially relapsing.

Kath, sounds fun. I'm concerned about college food, since I'm an absurdly picky eater and have been since childhood. >.< I'll probably live off of ramen noodles, bagels, chicken, and cereal. I'm a very bread-based person. Ah well, I'm already on supplements, especially Vitamin D. Because one, I don't get enough on my own, and two, the chemo and steroids from last year basically wiped out any that my body had in reserve. So for a while I had to take 50,000 units twice a week of it. Now I'm on a maintenance level of 1,000-2,000 units daily.
fickle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote        
kathira, man college food is so gross, so much oil and pimples, and i really loved the waffle fries coated in nacho cheese. i swear i think if i tried that now, it would taste like literal shit. i bet professors probably expect a lot of kids to do poor school work cos they cant be expected to function to their fullest cognitive ability with a diet like that.
if you can also keep food in your dorm room, like fruits and veggies, go for it too, cos a lot dont require refrigeration and it's probably tastier than college food?? Happy
whats on the chrismas menu?

kacey, theres is a cause for why someones body would do that to itself though, it cant be as simple as it just happening with no reason. stuff like this just makes me wanna cry, i swear if i could hold you down and get you to check out the resources i sent you (in university) by threatening you with a ticklish feather straight up your nose, i would! i want you to never have to do chemo ever again, just look into it, challenge yourself to do what thousands of other cancer survivors did for one or two weeks. theres nothing to lose if it doesnt work out, and if it does, the only thing you would have lost is chemo. and weight, if your body needs that. let go of any dogmas you may have that keep you from trusting anything these cancer survivors have to say.

wait wait wait, i know where you live!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:17 pm Reply with quote        
I WOULD be keeping a bowl of oranges to snack on in my room but I can't find a proper fruit bowl ANYWHERE. Believe me, I've looked.

Don't get me wrong, the food is good, just not as good as home-made and I'm sort of a picky eater. I've been going vegetarian lately for no other reason than a need for more veg, which doesn't actually appear in the meaty options.

On the Christmas menu is turkey (of course), gammon (also tradition for Brits), an annoying lack of goose (which is, admittedly, more expensive, but it's tastier than turkey and ALSO traditional in Britain), a rather delicious pastry-pudding filled with onion and stilton and mushroom (this is the only vegetarian option), pate and bread roll starter (in the cabinet that usually holds sandviches, so NO YOU CAN'T NOT HAVE THE HOT MENU), roast potatoes (that are actually a bit limp and sorry), parsnips, christmas pudding (which I don't like), mince pies (ditto), and a surprisingly tasty raspberry and white chocolate roulade. Phew!

WEREWOLVES!
fickle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote        
girl, just get yourself a box of mandarin oranges, theyre in season now. it's in a box so you dont need a bowl.

you said that twice! maybe keeping fruits and veggies will allow you to eat the meals you like. honestly, vegetarian is healthier. but at least if youre able to store food in your dorm, you could maybe bring some cucumbers or something along with you to the cafeteria so that you can get the dish you want instead of settling.

i know a girl kept her fruits and veggies in boxes neatly tucked under the bed, out of the way but still easy to access. dorm rooms are small, maybe something like that would prove to be more useful than a bowl? idk, just putting it out there! a flat storage container would work too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not sick, I just have seasonal allergy stuff (every season it's something different OTL). Right now, it's super-chunky-chest-mucus-so-I-can't-breathe-time!

fickle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote        
man, that sounds so gross!

Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote        
I hate winter at my house. My room turns into an icebox. I'm not even kidding, if I open my door back up and step into the hall it''s at least 10 degrees warmer. And my room is the only one to do that.

My apartment is a constant 73 degrees. I forgot how spoiled I was until I can back home :c

::Shop::