Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote        
It's kind of sad that one of the few thoughts that keeps me going is 'Well, it's better than being dead. Which almost happened...' I miss the way things were in, say, 7th grade. All I had to worry about was having enough time to get to the library. Not even high school, since I kind of didn't get to experience much of actually being in high school after sophomore year. I feel sort of like I was robbed of my high school years, even though junior year was mostly my own fault. Senior year I couldn't have done much about, since I was kind of busy not dying. Dunno about you, but I think that was a bit more important that going to school, especially since if I didn't focus on that, I wouldn't exactly have been around to actually go to school at all...

But still, I'm barely a month into my 18th year of existence, and the primary thought that keeps me doing stuff at all is 'Well, it beats being dead. Marginally.' Is this really supposed to be one of the best years of my life? 'Cause it doesn't really seem like it...
fickle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote        
i met a woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer, she was going through chemo. most of us dont know when we expect to die, and it's gotta be a big burden to know, it's scary. this woman was telling everyone around her that she loved them, i felt that she was doing this because she didnt want her days to be filled with dread, it appeared to me that she wanted happy moments.

even if it's a wednesday night, and your sitting on a chair because you stubbed your toe badly on a coffee table, you can find bliss in moments like this, enjoy it! you dont have to have this rain cloud above your head ruining your moments even if theyre mundane, ordinary, watching youtube vids, or toe stubbing moments, dont be happy because you think it can be worse, be happy that your experiencing that moment, it's precious.

a glass cup from the dollar store is not special, if it falls and shatters on the ground it's not a big deal, but your time with that cup is precious.

the best years of your life can happen at any age, it can be now, or in mid life. for me, i didnt like my childhood, teen, or early 20's, i was in a high stress environment, it had a huge affect on my mental stability and my health, and until i got away from that when i was 24, i honest to "god" didnt know what happiness felt like. anyways, we all have our own reasons for not being happy, being depressed, and other things, perhaps youre not there yet because theres still a lot of things you have to figure out about yourself and your body in order to be happy and healthy and not driven to think that way anymore.

everybody knows we have to eat our fruts and veggies to grow up big and strong, cut the crap because that's the stuff thats compromising your life, every time you take a bite out of something containing carcinogens (meat) or oreos (not food), youre choosing to shorten your lifespan, it compromises your immunity, and it shortens your telomeres! how do people get cancer, because they have a weak immune system, and what does chemo do? it completely destroys the immune system. doesnt it make more sense to make the immune system stronger? it's a more effective way to fight against cancer cells. it's not that hard, do you want to thrive, or do you want to die? do you want an apple, or do you want an oreo? there are hundreds of cancer surviving testimonials on how people went into remission for years after being diagnosed with cancer through healing themselves, boosting their immune system. if you dont want to try it, that is fine, but i beg you to come to that conclusion after reading all these stories and challenging yourself to do what they do for at least one to two weeks. i mean, all these people have to be doing something right if theyre going into remission for decades, some of these peoples remissions started in the early 90's, or even the 70's.